It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea – Impending Missile Launch May Require US Military Action

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The leader of North Korea truly is a megalomaniac. In north korea, you can google earth see his own private theme park. just for him. And his people are starving.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Thank you Scoob for posting the pic.
I finally had to crash last night - (if you call 2 in the morning night) - but - back up at 0600 now and glad to see I don’t have to jump into Photoshop before my morning espresso is finished!
Thanks again.
By the way - that thing is scary looking if you ask me...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

One of the first rules of warfare is to keep your enemy in the dark about what you are going to do to them. So if you think about it that way, it's sorta obvious this is just more grandstanding.

Right up my line of thinking.

I’ve brought to the boards numerous times North Koreas long standing love affair with bio-weapons and reports from back in ‘84 at their proficiency of use and technology (though lacking on delivery then, not now).

If we’re looking to the skies for nukes, how about calling that a diversion and start thinking about all this whoopla for the*H* flue being the stage set for some bio weapons attack from NK.

It would sure make sense of all the *flue preparedness* - (all over a handful of deaths), FEMA camps (if they really exist) and the already insinuated bills past be senate (we can come into your home and do anything we want if there’s a flu outbreak)...

All suppositions, but, the puzzle is big with many pieces that don’t fit.
I don’t want to be pounding round pegs in square holes but I’d like to find something that *fits* to go on.
Bio seems not only obvious but a higher risk possibility - if - and that’s a big IF - Kim is serious and not grandstanding.
Or, rather, his son - as I think Kim’s out of the picture, in all but, well, picture.

peace

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hey, one more rocket for the 4th. Sounds like they just wanna help us celebrate. No probs by me. I have an idea though. We should test a few of our own at the same time. We could have like a rocket party or somethin! Could be one hellofa show...

Ill cheers to that.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
An interesting development here as far as Japan goes.

This would be the first time Japan has done this since WW2 I believe.

TOKYO, July 2 (AP) - (Kyodo)—The government plans to submit to the Diet on Tuesday a bill to inspect cargo carried by ships and boats sailing to and from North Korea, Chief Cabinet Secretary Takeo Kawamura said Thursday. At an executive meeting of the House of Representatives steering committee, Kawamura said the government plans to approve the bill at an extraordinary Cabinet meeting on Tuesday, lawmakers said. The bill is aimed at enabling the Japan Coast Guard to inspect North Korean vessels suspected of carrying nuclear- or missile-related items in line with a U.N. Security Council resolution adopted in response to North Korea's nuclear test in May. Under conventional laws, the Japanese Self-Defense Forces can inspect cargo on the high seas only in a situation in which Japan is under armed attack, or in a situation that could develop into a direct armed attack against Japan if left unaddressed

source

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

I'm near positive the man is dead and that they are trying to stop the pillage of the arsenal as in the former USSR. I believe these tests are the leftover regime trying to prove up a marketable product.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

The bill is aimed at enabling the Japan Coast Guard to inspect North Korean vessels suspected of carrying nuclear- or missile-related items in line with a U.N. Security Council resolution adopted in response to North Korea's nuclear test in May.

I've a feeling this is soooo not going to go over well with N. Korea...

If it's not seen as just another catalyst to war I don't know what will be.

I surely hope not.

Surely implementing new rules, sanctions, etc will be enough for Kim to back down again.

Right?

peace

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

I'm near positive the man is dead and that they are trying to stop the pillage of the arsenal as in the former USSR.

Sorry, I must have missed history class that day.

What do you mean?

If his son takes over how will *pillaging* take place? Or do i just need another coffee?

? Thanks

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
One flaw: Nukes dont explode by just hitting the ground so it doesnt matter if the missile is detroyed. A nuclear explosion occurs because the mass goes super critical which requires an explosion to do so. This wont happen by just dropping a nuke on the ground.

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Ok,

I see the reasoning of your statement.

For those who don't, I will explain...

When a missile is being shot-down, it is done (or preferred) to destroy it on the "upward arc".

Can it still be shot-down on the downward arc???

I "believe" it can still be done, however it is MUCH more difficult/challenging to do so.

Also, if the missile does have an active warhead, and you shoot it on the downward arc, you risk the warhead falling on the US and exploding, even if not where they had wanted.

Also note, the US just tested a minutemen 3 icbm with 3 payload's (not active) 4000 miles and all 3 of the payload hit their target.

Just to be a ponce about it, I wonder how little kimmy would like it if the US shot a icbm or two that would travel over N.K.????

[edit on 7/1/2009 by mrmonsoon]

with the remaining rocket fuel you will have an explosion

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
GRRRRR!

Ok, so this is good news, but, just another run around!
One article confirms a launch for the 4th (on or around) another report says no way...

North Korea Shows No Sign of Imminent Missile Launch, U.S. Says

July 2 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. doesn’t see any indication North Korea is poised to test-launch a long-range ballistic missile capable of landing near the Hawaiian Islands, according to four government officials.
The officials, who are privy to information about North Korean launch preparations, said there are no signs of the work necessary to launch a long-range missile during the U.S. July 4 Independence Day celebration.

Can't anyone get the story straight!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone has seen this from our Military here in California. but here goes.

VANDENBERG AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. -- The Air Force says it has successfully launched an unarmed Minuteman 3 intercontinental ballistic missile from a California base, firing it to targets in the Pacific Ocean.

www.ktvu.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea is highly likely to test-fire a barrage of missiles in coming days, a news report said Thursday, a move that would aggravate the already-high tensions following Pyongyang's nuclear test and U.N. sanctions. The North is expected to launch short- or medium-range missiles, including banned ballistic rockets, from two sites on its east coast in early July, the South Korean newspaper JoongAng Ilbo reported, citing an unidentified intelligence source.

source

Looks like things are heating up again..

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
North Korea – Impending Missile Launch May Require US Military Action

This is a very misleading headline for a non news article. No government official actually said these words, its just the opinion of one person, all though i still think its an important topic..

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
they launched two short rangers 15 mins ago

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Ok,

I see the reasoning of your statement.

For those who don't, I will explain...

When a missile is being shot-down, it is done (or preferred) to destroy it on the "upward arc".

Can it still be shot-down on the downward arc???

I "believe" it can still be done, however it is MUCH more difficult/challenging to do so.

Also, if the missile does have an active warhead, and you shoot it on the downward arc, you risk the warhead falling on the US and exploding, even if not where they had wanted.

Also note, the US just tested a minutemen 3 icbm with 3 payload's (not active) 4000 miles and all 3 of the payload hit their target.

Just to be a ponce about it, I wonder how little kimmy would like it if the US shot a icbm or two that would travel over N.K.????

[edit on 7/1/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Thank you for the link -
Did you start a thread in Breaking News?
If you did I’ll follow you there.
Thank you tons!

peace

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

OK let me get this straight.
NK is going to launch a missile at the United States?

Um isn't that an act of war?

I simply don't understand why we are tolerating this crap

This is what needs to happen:
As soon as the missile is launched and leaves NK airspace, we need to shoot it down.
This will accomplish 2 things:
1. NK won't know if the missile launch would have been successful.
2. It will make a huge statement that the US is NOT a paper tiger anymore.

If we don't do something, what's next?
Are other rogue nations going to start pulling the same thing?
We're doing nothing but showing everyone that we're weak and inviting more of this type of aggression.

I don't know why this is so complex.
Shoot it down, call it a day !!!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by WhatTheory

Thank you for the link -
Did you start a thread in Breaking News?
If you did I’ll follow you there.
Thank you tons!

peace

No, I did not start a thread in Breaking News but someone else did.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I don't know why this is so complex.

It’s coplex becasue millions will (possibly) die.

Don’t you think this day in age there should be another way to deal with these kind of things?

I mean, don’t get me wrong, I KNOW you’re RIGHT - I do.
It’s an act of war.

But an act of war from whom - shouldn’t that factor in?

Someone shoots you with a pea gun and calls your Momma names is one thing, someone invades your country and kills people is another...

I just don’t think it’s so cut and dried.

thanks though

peace

[edit on 2-7-2009 by silo13]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join