It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea – Impending Missile Launch May Require US Military Action

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Here’s one thing that really pisses me off.

The launch was expected.

The North Korean government issued a warning to mariners to avoid an area in the Sea of Japan at certain times between June 24 and July 9 because of a "military firing exercise," according to a U.S. military communication about the warning provided to CNN.

link to CNN

If the MSM KNEW about this - why not tell us before hand and stop with the fear mongering!

grrrr and double grrrr!

peace

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by jfj123

I don't know why this is so complex.

It’s coplex becasue millions will (possibly) die.

By shooting down 1 test missile? Of course not. NK is not going to change course until someone steps in.

Don’t you think this day in age there should be another way to deal with these kind of things?

ABSOLUTELY...there should be... but there's not.
Personally, I hope I live to see the day where all people have a live and let live policy.
Where noone has to fear anyone else be it a country, their own government, or their neighbor.
Violence is useless and in the end, self destructive. HOWEVER, if you turn the other cheek every time someone slaps you, eventually you'll just have black and blue cheeks.

I mean, don’t get me wring, I KNOW you’re RIGHT - I do.
It’s an act of war.

But an act of war from whom - shouldn’t that factor in?

An act of war from the NK government and NOT it's people.

Someone shoots you with a pea gun and calls your Momma names is one thing, someone invades your country and kills people is another...

Let me clarify. I don't think we should invade NK. I do think however, we need to make a statement to prove we are not weak. I hate that we must do something like that but that's the world we live in. I hope that changes but for now, it's a beat or be beaten world.

I just don’t think it’s so cut and dried.

thanks though

peace

It shouldn't be cut and dry but unfortunately is must be. Tolerance with these countries is seen as a sign of weakness by them. We tolerate their actions and they continue to get more and more bold until we're forced to go much farther then simply shooting down a missile which would ultimately mean bombs that would kill innocent NK citizens who are just trying to make a living/survive. Shooting down 1 missile now could prevent another hiroshima.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

It shouldn't be cut and dry but unfortunately is must be. Tolerance with these countries is seen as a sign of weakness by them.

Even though (IMO) there’s no way Western Minds, raised on Western Cultures can ever understand North Korea I’ll have to take your word for this and agree you’re right.

We tolerate their actions and they continue to get more and more bold until we're forced to go much farther then simply shooting down a missile which would ultimately mean bombs that would kill innocent NK citizens who are just trying to make a living/survive. Shooting down 1 missile now could prevent another hiroshima.

Very good point - and thank you for forcin me to look at a broader picture.

Kudos to you.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
There's something else going on. NK is meant to keep us busy.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
reply to post by silo13

OK let me get this straight.
NK is going to launch a missile at the United States?

Um isn't that an act of war?

I simply don't understand why we are tolerating this crap

This is what needs to happen:
As soon as the missile is launched and leaves NK airspace, we need to shoot it down.
This will accomplish 2 things:
1. NK won't know if the missile launch would have been successful.
2. It will make a huge statement that the US is NOT a paper tiger anymore.

If we don't do something, what's next?
Are other rogue nations going to start pulling the same thing?
We're doing nothing but showing everyone that we're weak and inviting more of this type of aggression.

I don't know why this is so complex.
Shoot it down, call it a day !!!

they are not launching a missile at the united states, but towards the direction of the united states. we launched a missile that has a range of 4000 miles into target located in the pacific, if you had half a brain, 1/4 of which isn't dead you'd know that it was also in the direction of a country/countries.

we do not tolerate crap from anyone, they have to tolerate crap from us. since ww2, no countries have declared war on the united states yet we have been involved in over 50 military operations on foreign soil resulting in millions of death.

we tested the minutemen 3 ICBM missile, did you not notice nobody tried to stop us? did anybody on EARTH say anything? NO.

it is primitive logic such as yours that this world is where it is today.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA

they are not launching a missile at the united states, but towards the direction of the united states.

So if I shot a gun in your direction but not at you, would that be ok with you?

we launched a missile that has a range of 4000 miles into target located in the pacific, if you had half a brain, 1/4 of which isn't dead you'd know that it was also in the direction of a country/countries.

So you can't have an adult discussion without personal attacks? Seriously?????
Why don't you come back when you can act like an adult.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Concerning the minute man launch, we arent threatning anyone with war,we arent threaning a nuclear rainstorm to anyone..BUT a certain some one did directly to us..So yeah, I think the world understands the annual test of our defence systems..

I wish people would get off this Americans the great evil bull #..People wont be happy until theres a war fault on our home soil..Will you cry then?

Our military past has kep the states from becoming a battle feild..Thats reserved for our in home disputes

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I often look on reinhardts website because I find his information very interesting and he mentioned this a couple of weeks ago saying that the N koreans will fire a missile on 4th July. He's also been saying that there will be a war with korea and hawaii will be attacked. Just food for thought.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
[edit on 2-7-2009 by SpaceMonkeys]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah

And it only has to do with Power and Money.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah

reinhardt seems to believe the trouble in Iran is meant to keep us busy whilst N korea takes us by surprise.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Originally posted by DOADOA

they are not launching a missile at the united states, but towards the direction of the united states.

So if I shot a gun in your direction but not at you, would that be ok with you?

we launched a missile that has a range of 4000 miles into target located in the pacific, if you had half a brain, 1/4 of which isn't dead you'd know that it was also in the direction of a country/countries.

So you can't have an adult discussion without personal attacks? Seriously?????
Why don't you come back when you can act like an adult.

no, i would scream in horror and demand that we nuke you and we nuke you now otherwise the axis of evil will think i am weak when i obviously have the biggest gun on this planet. matter fact, you don't have to shoot in my direction, as long as you're shooting something i will demand a total annihilation of you and your country, after all if i don't my mother will think i am weak.

i am sorry if you feel insulted, you must've felt it deep in you.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
reply to post by DOADOA

Concerning the minute man launch, we arent threatning anyone with war,we arent threaning a nuclear rainstorm to anyone..BUT a certain some one did directly to us..So yeah, I think the world understands the annual test of our defence systems..

I wish people would get off this Americans the great evil bull #..People wont be happy until theres a war fault on our home soil..Will you cry then?

Our military past has kep the states from becoming a battle feild..Thats reserved for our in home disputes

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Redpillblues]

do you know what a inter-continental ballistic missile is? look it up, then tell me what purpose it serve.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I belive we need to just carpet bomb the North Korean people with food and medicine.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

DOADOA

"total annihilation of you and your country"
You are at the wind up right..?

Just asking

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Oh please get a life will ya..Just cause you may have a soft spot for kimmy dosnt mean everyone else has to..

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Two years ago i had a premonition that something bad was going to occure on the 5th july.Maybe that prediction might come true in a couple of days.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
it just sadden me to see people jump on the war bandwagon. are we so stupid as to not see that we prosper in time of peace and as long as we have people with said mentality we'll always be at war somewhere. we are only gimping ourselves. war has always resulted in the fall of a great nation, how is it that some of us cannot see this pattern?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
reply to post by DOADOA

Oh please get a life will ya..Just cause you may have a soft spot for kimmy dosnt mean everyone else has to..

i have a life and i would like to keep it the way it is, i don't want feeble mind ruining what this country have worked so hard for. on the contrary, i have a very bad feeling it's a little late to ask for this.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I guess when that missle is fired there will be a suspicious french commnication satallite over head at the same time(alias-us partibeam weapon).It might get a good shot at the missle and stop that missle from reaching its target.High altertude us aircraft will be reaching ceiling level armed with missle killer missles ready to take out that missle if the partibeam weapon fails.I think that missle will be stopped in its tracks

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join