It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea – Impending Missile Launch May Require US Military Action

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
^^^^ I am just (kinda joking) and am condoning anybody acually attempt this

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Other countries that are much more capable than NK are looking at this situation closely..

Just like in prison,when a guy bullys someone..There are others that eye the week guy up at a distance,so when they need a little something they know where to get it..

I dont want my country to look like a big p@@@y to the world..Zero tolerance..

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues

Other countries that are much more capable than NK are looking at this situation closely..

Just like in prison,when a guy bullys someone..There are others that eye the week guy up at a distance,so when they need a little something they know where to get it..

I dont want my country to look like a big p@@@y to the world..Zero tolerance..

Zero tolerence = total ignorance.
Restraint is called for when your being pushed to do the exact opposite.
And I highly doubt we look like P***** to the rest of the world.
Do you think Iraq and Afghanistan think that of the U.S?

Im pleading for people to take a step back and look at the big picture here.
America is suppose to be the country that protects the poor and weak,not obliterate them.

I hope common sense previals,and theres no more loss of life due to who has a bigger #@%& contest.

Peoples lives are at stake here.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Black_Fox]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If they do launch a missile and that's a big *IF*, I bet that China put them up to it in order to get some much needed intel on our missile defense systems.
I really don't see a nuclear war breaking out because we could totally disable all his launch capabilities from 1 carrier group in about 2 hours.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox

Peoples lives are at stake here.

Uh,yeah..And you dont think if we didnt have zero tolerance in the past that we wouldnt be speeking Russian or Chinese?

iraq is small potatos brother..If you dont think that the biggest threats to our country arent eyeing us up on this situation,you better wake up..Our paper tiger of America has a thorn in its pawl in the world stage right now..

PS,dont think I dont take lives seriously..I done my time in the playground..And I would sign up again if we were to go to NK in a heartbeat..

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Redpillblues]

link   
if their missile does reach the US and we have to shoot it down, we should send one back with 3 warheads aimed at major cities. the warheads should detonate over the cities and spread fliers with the korean equivalent of BANG!

i think it would prove our point and would result in no deaths (hopefully)

and on a side note, does the US have stealth missiles? that seems like something we would develop.

link   
I wonder too what Kim Jong Il is thinking. Or who's paying him to think it. 1 more war would cripple the US economy for decades. Qui bono?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
And just a reminder to anyone trumpeting the need to go to war with Korea....again.
War didnt solve anything last time,but it did kill too many people.

BATTLE DEAD* 33,742 (*Includes 4,735 findings of presumptive death under the Missing Persons Act)

Killed in Action 23,615
Died of Wounds 2,459
Died While Missing (MIA) 4,821
Died While Captured (POW) 2,847
Total: 33,742

NON-BATTLE DEATHS 2,830

TOTAL DEATHS IN THEATER: 36,516

DIED ELSEWHERE (Worldwide during Korean War) 17,730

WOUNDED (Number of personnel) 92,134

WOUNDED (Number of incidences*) 103,284 (*Includes individual personnel wounded multiple times)

UNACCOUNTED FOR (Bodies not identified/bodies not recovered) 8,176

Prisoner of War 2,045
Killed in Action 1,794
Missing in Action 4,245
Non-battle 92
Total: 8,176

PRISONERS OF WAR 7,245

POWs Returned to U.S. Control 4,418
POWs Who Died While Captured 2,806
POWs Who Refused Repatriation 21
Total: 7,245

NUMBER WHO SERVED WORLDWIDE 5,720,000

NUMBER WHO SERVED IN KOREAN THEATER 1,789,000

SERVICE STATISTICS Total ARMY USAF USMC USN
Killed in Action 23, 637 19,754 198 3,321 364
Died of Wounds 2,484 1,904 16 536 28
Died While Missing (MIA) 4,759 3,317 960 385 97
Died While POW/Interned 2,806 2,753 24 26 3
TOTAL BATTLE DEAD 33,686 27,728 1,198 4,268 492

Prisoners of War 7,245 5,356 926 677 286
www.korean-war.com...

So just be sure to sign up and have pen ready.So you to can help write the letters to the family members explaining that their loved ones wont be coming home.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
And 60,000 die every year from the flu..

I'm not trumpeting for anything..If he sends a missle that hits our soil or needs to be shot down due to immanent danger then we should send a Minuteman Missile to his doorstep..Half an hour or his pizzas free..

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevin_X2

I doubt it's going to be a nuclear weapon simply for the fact that this is a "new" missle that they are testing and won't risk having something go wrong with a nuke on board.

Even North Korea knows it would be pretty stupid to launch something you've never launched before with a nuke on top -- what would he do if the thing breaks up on the launch pad -- or even one mile from the launch pad -- if it was a seasoned missle launch maybe. But not on the first shot.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It would be stupid to show our hand to swat a fly and reveal to our real enemies exactly what we are capable of. If Russia sees that we are able to nuke them without them being able to nuke us in return then there is no telling what will happen. The best thing to do is nothing but if something needs to be done it will be but very quietly.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
if their missile does reach the US and we have to shoot it down, we should send one back with 3 warheads aimed at major cities. the warheads should detonate over the cities and spread fliers with the korean equivalent of BANG!

Id go for that!!..I wonder if that was ever tested back in the old days..

That would shut him up fo sho..

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Even North Korea knows it would be pretty stupid to launch something you've never launched before with a nuke on top -- what would he do if the thing breaks up on the launch pad -- or even one mile from the launch pad -- if it was a seasoned missle launch maybe. But not on the first shot.

Great point if we were talking about anyone but Kim...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

TextPS,dont think I dont take lives seriously..I done my time in the playground..And I would sign up again if we were to go to NK in a heartbeat.

Tanker?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Here's something interesting that I thought I would add. I just found this article coming out of South Korea.

July 2, 2009
U.S. Targets More Firms for N.Korea Sanctions

The United States on Tuesday added two more companies to its lists of firms facing sanctions for allegedly aiding North Korea's nuclear and missile programs.
The Obama administration is imposing sanctions on two companies -- one in North Korea and the other described as a North Korean front-company based in Iran -- as it tries to persuade China and other Asian countries to do the same in order to curb Pyongyang's nuclear and missile programs.
Link:english.chosun.com...

Well...with these new sanctions taking effect, not only will North Korea be that much angrier but now they will have a partner in their anger....IRAN!

Why worry which will destroy us first when we can find a way for them to work together?

I don't really know how much this will effect Iran -- although I'm sure it will have some effect -- but how much fuel need be added to THAT fire?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

OK...point taken.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I agree. Nobody is shouting "yeah war!" I think we are probably mostly in agreement that war, especially now, is not in ANYONE's best interest.

That being said, we certainly can't allow NK to shoot a missile at us and just "let it go" in order to prevent war.

This situation can not be construed as anything other than North Korea looking for a fight. And it seems it's going to escalate until he gets one.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tank2/8

TextPS,dont think I dont take lives seriously..I done my time in the playground..And I would sign up again if we were to go to NK in a heartbeat.

Tanker?

nah, I was a 19d in a former life..I just like maidens cover art..Always have since I was little and my bro played his Number of the beast record..lol

But my brother was a tanker though..He was a bitch at the town fairs when they would let us in the tanks the national gaurd used to bring..We wear severly repremanded after firing one up..

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

superb avatar I love that film,regarding the other stuff,do you think for one second that the US will let anybody launch an attack on them that they believe would be successful without unleashing hell on the perpetrator or taking them out in a preemptive strike?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Good times, 19Ks are being cross trained as 19Ds now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join