It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea – Impending Missile Launch May Require US Military Action

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I did not think we had any fresh news about NK's long range missle.

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Wow, that is pretty intense. What is little Kim thinking? Does he really think himself so invincible? He must know that the US will drop that thing on the pad before it launches.

~Keeper

Maybe he knows something the average joe don't? You dont mess with a country like america unless you have backup?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Let me throw out a couple of "What if's?!" What if North Korea and it's leader is really a pawn of China's, Russia, etc. Why would Kim be so, and what purpose would he serve? Frankly any aggression by a major power would clearly put others in the world on the defensive. Especially your neighbors. If they are ready to fight you as an aggressor then you are placed at a reduced advantage. You will face more resistance rather than giving you the opportunity to pick and choose your enemies at will. Hitler had this problem as he started his war on two fronts. I truly don't believe if the US were to go to war against Russia, China, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Zimbabwe, Venezuela, Cuba, Myanmar, (Pakistan/India these guys flipflop sides), etc, that we'd not want a war on many fronts either. Unfortunately if North Korea were a pawn, it would be used to start a war that the others in that list could then say they were sucked into by an errant US nuke etc. They'd False Flag attack themselves with a little nuke in some remote useless place to justify it. That way they are not the aggressors the US is then the aggressor. The Chinese said they would never initiate an attack. The US said they'd never use their nukes to attack either. This situation would allow them(CHINA RUSSIA ETC) to save face, even if they were in reality the ones starting the war by proxy through North Korea.
It has often been said that if we were to be attacked by Nukes it would be on a major holiday at night. People would be left stranded in the US without their support nets and more would die. Plus it would be a nighttime attack where they would be able to get their populations to safety during the day. The US would be EMPed by a orbiting SAT, and even the ones that knew couldn't warn others because the phones, etc wouldn't work. I do expect the North Koreans to attack while America sleeps. The evening of July 4th would be the perfect time as many Americans lie drunk in their hotel rooms as the nukes fall later in the evening or early morning. If this situation happened quickly it would be a combined attack by a long list of aggressors. That would be the only way they could defeat America. AS COWARDS!!!!!!
Learn how to build an expedient indoor shelter or something quick folks. It's coming soon nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The debate about whether they can or cannot deliver is long over. If you can make a long range weapon, you can make it carry a 100lb nuke. Size? Well even a rudimentary nuke with a little plutonium and americium or tritium, all byproducts of nuclear energy processing can excite the process and dwarf it enough to fit in any nose cone. Even I could do this in my barn using public domain plans.

If I could do it, North Korea has done it LONG ago.

I've said this many times and have only been taken half seriously but they do have better than the taepodong 2. That's some old school instrumentation right there. They can effectively hit mainland north America's west coast.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Atlantican]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by carolina1737

N Korea for a while now has been hated by China and laughed at by Russia.

If they wanted to start a proxy war with the US, they would not to it now. They would first smuggle weapons into the US, heavy duty weapons, and make sure they go to areas of racial hatred and where the radicals are.

Then when the riots begin, start doing something to limit US power.

Make the US fight on it's own front first, and you have taken the throne from her.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I think you may be underestimating the actual relationship between North Korea and China.

Although China has publicly stated that they don't have as much control over North Korea as they used to....they still fight the sanctions, remove any harsh stances....etc. China keeps urging patience, tolerance, and that cooler heads prevail.

And keep in mind, China inked a deal with Iraq's oil HOURS before North Korea issued yet another threat. I am beginning to think it is not all coincidental.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Antlantican, you are so right NK does DEFINiTELY have capability and they don't even have to use nukes. Their chemical and biological shells on those 10000 artillery pieces would get SK at least right off the bat. You are SOOOO right.
Gorman91 what have you been smoking? There is a LOT of evidence to support a probable link between North Korea and Russia and China. Try the Korean conflict...where did they get the Migs from and other equipment. PAWNS with a capital P!!!! Yes, they might try to sneak something fun into the US. However, it would be easier to just sneak it to Mexico, Panama, Cuba, or Venezuela. Also it wouldn't let us know, as we could never interdict it and discover the plot. I think there are several Big Russian bombers sitting in Cuba and Venezuela right now with Cruise missiles in their bellies! Nuff said!! Also we would start riots with ourselves if there were large groups of people needing food or supplies after a debilitating attack. Why do that first then do something else.....Geez!! Thats why the Chinese have stockpiled enough food to supply their ENTIRE population of 1.3 billion people with food for 3 months even without any supplemental food that might be in the system...or their army for...well.....pretty much forever.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Then when the riots begin, start doing something to limit US power.

Make the US fight on it's own front first, and you have taken the throne from her.

Thats comming this fall-winter..

Nothing is coincedental in these days..If you look at all the peices of the puzzle,a red dawn senario is the closest it has ever been..

I highly dought that it may happen,but with the dollar collapse and the B.R.I.C. I dont like it,not one bit..

WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
WOLVERINES!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Winter would be a better time for them to start the war. I think most Chinese wars have started in the Winter. Still guys watch July 4th for your own good!!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
The dabate about whether they can or cannot deliver is long over. If you can make a long range weapon, you can make it carry a 100lb nuke. Size?

There is a tremendous difference between launching a missile containing nuclear materials and launching a nuclear weapon. If NK were to do as you suggest, they would do little to no actual damage would be difficuile delivering an open invitation for a retaliatory nuclear strike.

No country would be so stupid as to launch some sort of half assed nuke attack. Perhaps a Terrorism organization might since it would be difficult to track down the source...but a country? No way.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by carolina1737

I believe China has a lot less in reserve then is used to be from a bad winter storm and a lot more hungry people.

Besides that, N Korean war was ages ago. China and Russia both know, or at least should know, that the US has no interests in N Korea. There's nothing there to attract us that Japan doesn't already have to help us.

The fact remains that China and Russia, even though they are closer now, are still worried for their own first. Maybe you have it wrong. What if n Korea THINKS it's got China behind it, but China really just wants nothing to do with it. Or maybe China wants to sacrifice it so that it's one less dependency. Who knows.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

When a missile is being shot-down, it is done (or preferred) to destroy it on the "upward arc".

Until the advent of the ABL this was essentially impossible.

Can it still be shot-down on the downward arc???

I "believe" it can still be done, however it is MUCH more difficult/challenging to do so.

No, that's the traditionally accepted (and easier) method - Sprint and Spartan were doing that back in 1975.

Just to be a ponce about it, I wonder how little kimmy would like it if the US shot a icbm or two that would travel over N.K.????

He wouldn't know unless we told him.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
i sugest that people look into the history of Zbigniew Brzezinski..he was a master of playing countrys against each other like chess..His ways of the old addage of ''the enemy of my enemy is my freind'' served with us enticing Russia into afganistan..and look what it did to the Soviets?..I wouldnt put it past them not to have a memory like an elephant..

A dying economy
killer flu lab made
Partners in the BRIC
a small strike on US soil
Riots and social unrest due to the flu

you do the math..Countrys that are in the money bed together,look after each others intrests..We have done it for years..

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Gorman91 I believe you might be right on those last points. They would be stupid to start anything with a half-assed partial nuclear attack. However, I do believe they would severely destroy most of the infrastructure of SK with a sustained artillery/missile attack. Then they'd be crushed unless they had China behind them. However China is expecting a war. There is a lot to support this...like huge mountains of steel, magnesium, aluminum, other raw materials..despite a drop in exports of 30ish or more percent. They know they'll be cut off from most of these resources during war. Thats why they are running out of places to store them and to offload the waiting ships. I think maybe China doesn't care so much for NK. However if it's actions were convienient to their agenda so be it. Though I still don't think NK does anything without the OK from Big Bro China. But if you are correct boy they would be stupid to do anything without backup they would be TOAST!! I think LIL KIM may be crazy but not stupid. I had a math teacher once who pretended to be crazy and lax so she could catch the students off guard when they thought she was not looking or flaking out. My point being it could all be a show. It certainly seems like a bad SOAP opera!!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

The Unha-2 or Taepodong-2 rocket

The Unha-2 rocket, which bears the western codename Taepodong-2, is North Koreas second attempt to produce a long range missile.

With a range of 10000 to 12000, It is thought to be capable to reach the western areas of the United States or to place a small satellite into orbit.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a8b5f6aab36.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Scooby Doo]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Scary enough!!!! Thanks Scoob!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
As ive mentioned in another post about this..Im telling you all..obama is making a HUGE mistake not to decalre war and pre emptive strike. He is allowing north korea time to improve on thier technology..then when one hits mainlinad USA it will be too late. Jesus, withh all this expensive stealth technology we have, they cant afford to drop 1 or 2 bunker bombs into a few of thier missle manufactuing facultys???? This leaves me clueless!!! Why our government as well as obama dosnt wanna intervine..almsot seems like they want them to succeed..for god knows what real reason.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
ScoobyDoo...a range of 10,000 to 12,000 miles or kilometers? The earth is around 7,800 miles diameter, rounded off, at the equator. North korea and USA mainland, are well within those ranges then!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The Minuteman-III was first deployed in 1969 and with the latest upgrades is expected to remain in service through the year 2025.

So dont discount old tech just yet..These old buggers are one of our most important defenses...

Looks pretty simular to the Topo dung dont it..
upload.wikimedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join