It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freeper Makes Predictions For 1 July 09

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

I've already given my response upthread.

That perspective is quite Old Testament, imho.

I have some more to add, perhaps after church.

I gather you have a bucket or two of rocks all loaded and ready.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by canadianmouse

My friend never said anything about the End of the World in terms of his prediction.

I never asserted it as a signal of that.

Gads folks exaggerate tons hereon.

There are many steps and events before Armageddon.

Personally, I've never thought that cluelessness was a great survival habit.

Neither is chronic paranoia.

There are options between.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I am sure that someone has already stated this, but I am going to say it again, the poster wasn't making a prediction!!! If you read the opening post, he said that a friend of his said....he then posted the prediction of his friend for us to read and comment on and just in case... prepare for. I do not understand those of you that are saying that he needs to be banned if this doesn't happen... he was only passing on second hand information...Come on, we all have a right to post and comment, that is what makes this place great!! If I had a trusted friend that shared with me something that seemed important and needed shared, I may have done the same thing...I don't think it was intended to invoke fear or anger in anyone...just an ATS member sharing what he believed to be important info!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I noticed a few posts back you refering to someone as smug.
Then your comments about how others are clueless.

Save your self-righteous attitude for another time. Perhaps a time in which your "friend" makes an accurate prediction.

I mean, if you keep throwing them out there, eventually you'll get one right.

Quick, I'm on record saying that next Tuesday New York City will suffer a large-scale blackout.

(crosses fingers)

PS- Your opening post said that something will be seen in the skies for three days begining today.
Didn't happen. Unless it is going to carry over into four days.
Well, what's another four hours?
Won't happen.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'm really tried of people coming on here just to post fake predictions that never happen. Right now, it's almost 9 p.m where I live and yet nothing has happen today.

This really is a waste of time.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The OP also didn't say who's time zone this july 1st thing will happen on, because if it does happen tonight, many areas will already be in july 2.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Excuse you, I never said he did. I was making a point that clearly went over your head.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
The OP also didn't say who's time zone this july 1st thing will happen on, because if it does happen tonight, many areas will already be in july 2.

I'm suddenly reminded of that blossom lady.... what was her name again?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

Hey little lady calm down,try reading what he wrote again.
He was agreeing with you.

[edit on 1/7/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize

. . . the poster wasn't making a prediction!!! If you read the opening post, he said that a friend of his said....he then posted the prediction of his friend for us to read and comment on and just in case... prepare for.

DING! DING! DING! DING!

Give Greenize a gold brick! Or a zillion points or something wonderful!

REALITY, BALANCE, SANITY, HORSE SENSE, REASON, DECENCY, COURTESY

STRIKE ATS AGAIN. Miracles never cease! YEA!

I do not understand those of you that are saying that he needs to be banned if this doesn't happen... he was only passing on second hand information...

OH, my! accuracy in posting strikes again! What a shock. I think I need to sit down. Oh, I am sitting down! Oh, me. Oh, my!

You probably don't know. However, I've been doing this sort of thing long before there was a net. I've studied Bible prophecy and UFO's since about 1960 in Jr High.

I've studied, researched, read and read and read and shared what I found with about anyone who would listen all those years since.

And, I've not just shared with folks of like minded perspectives. I've shared with folks who disagreed and tried to milk as many possible explanations and view points as I could. It's just been a lot of my approach.

Alas, not on ATS. Far too many ATSers have this SHREDDING COMPULSION. It's just not worth it--certainly not very often.

Yet, I still occasionally feel a responsibility and duty to throw out a puzzle piece and see how it lands--see if there's confirmation or not; see what the pack of dogs will do with it; see what fellow Christians will do with it; see what the general more or less sane public will do with it etc.

Doing so helps me refine my own assessments of reality.

It's not per se so much that I doubt my own perspectives and construction on reality. Not at all. However, I have lots of curiosity (WITNESS THE IGNORED 25 QUESTIONS) about how certain contingencies are going to be responded to by various types of individuals in the culture, in the society.

ATS is not a bad place to check that out. It's kind of a fiery furnace but at least one gets SOMEWHAT of a diversity of responses once one subtracts out the rabid dog, COMPULSIVE SHREDDER pack.

In this particular case . . . I had permission to post the prediction as I saw fit. It turns out that my FR friend seems to have been a bit taken aback that I started a thread with it on ATS. He seems to have meant that I could post it more or less as I saw fit in a normal END TIMES thread on FR. LOL. He's not upset with me but this was a lot wider exposure than he had in mind!

Anyway--it seemed like a good EXAMPLE--AND ALL THE MORE SO IF IT CAME TRUE--of a modern Christian prophetic assertion . . . quite a good example to see how it would all turn out and what all the responses might be.

BESIDES, THERE WAS A SIGNIFICANT DESIRE to be a responsible watchman on the wall and to warn even the naysayers and others on ATS. I'd rather warn and be wrong than not warn and wish I had.. My reputation is negligible compared to warning folks when they desperately need warning whether they want to be warned or even will pay attention, or not. I take the duty to warn very seriously.

Come on, we all have a right to post and comment, that is what makes this place great!!

Seems to me, that while technically that's true . . . functionally, it often SEEMS grossly untrue.

Of course, if posters can't stand the heat, they can get out of the kitchen.

Trouble is, far too often, that merely leaves the pack of rabid, foaming at the mouth compulsive shredder dog pack as the only ones in the kitchen taking all the air time and emptying the fridge and the room of all goodies and all others of differing perspectives.

It just rapidly ceases to be worth the bother to post in such a climate. So, typically, I won't bother for weeks to months at a time.

And, sometimes, other Christians hereon will remind me about the verse regarding pearls and pigs. And I have to admit, they are more right than I'd like to accept.

If I had a trusted friend that shared with me something that seemed important and needed shared, I may have done the same thing...I don't think it was intended to invoke fear or anger in anyone...just an ATS member sharing what he believed to be important info!

You are EXCEEDINGLY PERCEPTIVE AND EXACTLY RIGHT.

I felt it was WORTH warning ATSers about.

I also wanted a significant candid balanced dialogue about such things with that as an example . . . witness the ignored 25 questions.

I was skeptical that a balanced robust dialogue could be had but I was willing to risk trying yet again. So much for that! LOL.

And, I KNOW that sooner or later, some such warnings will prove out precisely true. I want to be responsible enough as a watchman on the wall to play whatever fitting part I'm supposed to at that time--whenever it is--and I expect it any day. So I act like it might be--TODAY.

You have been an encouragement and a wonderful reality testing affirmation.

May God bless you and those you love. May your holiday be exactly what each of you and your relationships most need.

Blessings,

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I gather you've never met nor felt anyone on here was clueless?

Usually I note that a PERSPECTIVE is clueless or seriously unaware, uninformed.

I'm beginning to think that the

MOST SACRED RELIGION OF ATS

IS CONTRARIANISM.

Sheesh.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

My FR Bro lives in the Eastern Time zone of the USA . . . which I have noted above.

When midnight comes to the Eastern timezone, I'll have considered his window of the event happening 'in 3 days' to have closed.

I suppose it could happen any time tonight but I'll consider midnight to be the deadline.

I've already posted my attitude and responses in such an eventuality.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
OMG I just saw something in the sky, I think it was the prediction coming true.
It was huge! It was a whitish, fairly bright circle, and it looked like it had a face in it, like it was looking down upon me. He was right, there is something in the sky
oh wait, thats the moon
:
:

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by RogerT

I don't understand folks who are earnest, prayed up, good spiritually disciplined people seeking God's best etc. . . . I don't understand why they can sometimes still get it wrong. I know that's not God's will either.

I'm convinced that God will be fixing that. I just don't know when.

here's your answer:

If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD (YHWH) does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him." - Deuteronomy 18:22

straight from the scriptures you've been quoting from.
I am glad that we still have a little more time.

Also to note: according to Genesis, God measure's our day sunset to sunset; therefore as we are past the point of sunset for July 1, 2009 as measured by God according to scripture the time has passed.

[edit on 1/7/2009 by Pappa_Bear]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Thank you for taking the time to post this, if it comes true the congrats to your friend for having a great gift.

If its not true then life will go on and I still thank you for taking the time to pass on information that you felt could possibly benefit others and although you had nothing to gain from posting you still took the time to pass it on and weed through the flaming and bad press.

Have a great day,

Me

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl

This really is a waste of time.

This is so fascinating to me . . .

It reminds me of moths to a flame . . .

Given all the derisive hostility and angst thrown at prophetic folks and postings . . .

for folks' own peace of mind . . .

WHY DON'T THEY JUST STAY . . . WELL AWAY????

WHAT IS THIS COMPULSION to foam at the mouth and fingers and engage in slavish RECREATIONAL SHREDDING?

And then WHINE about it on top of it all?

. . . and that with dripping smugness and haughtiness.

If PROPHETIC TOPICS, ISSUES AND POSTS drives some prophetically challenged folks to frothing foaming fingers, let them ignore such threads 100%

IF they are sooooooooo COMPULSIVELY DETERMINED to haunt such threads, perhaps they could stop first at 7/11 and buy a case of courtesy and a case of civility--and drink a few quarts, before posting.

Naw . . . the TRADITIONAL RITUAL OF THE UNHOLY ORDER OF CONTRARIANISM DICTATES that they simply MUST

SHRED AND WHINE
SHRED AND WHINE
SHRED AND WHINE

and then blame the other guy for their shredding and whining.

What an intelligent response to prophetic issues and posts!

/sar

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
reply to post by BO XIAN

Thank you for taking the time to post this, if it comes true the congrats to your friend for having a great gift.

If its not true then life will go on and I still thank you for taking the time to pass on information that you felt could possibly benefit others and although you had nothing to gain from posting you still took the time to pass it on and weed through the flaming and bad press.

. . .

WOW.

Your post and attitude show such SUPER IMPRESSIVE MATURITY, WISDOM AND PERSPECTIVE.

That's one of the healthiest, best put attitudes toward the modern prophetic that I've ever read.

THANKS TONS AND TONS. I'm fresh out of gold bricks or I'd give you one.

I will still know that my FR Christian Bro still has a great gift even though he's not yet 100% on target yet. I'm not 100% on target with much of anything I do 24/7 365 days a year, either.

AND NEITHER ARE ANY OF THE NAYSAYERS HEREON. Though they seem happy to ignore that fact as they throw their buckets of rocks! LOL.

May God bless you and yours richly in all the ways you most need this month; this holiday; this year.

Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Ive been monitoring several news websites, and have yet to see.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pappa_Bear

Originally posted by BO XIAN

I'm convinced that God will be fixing that. I just don't know when.

here's your answer:

If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD (YHWH) does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him." - Deuteronomy 18:22

[edit on 1/7/2009 by Pappa_Bear]

I have a different perspective on that.

That Scripture is posted in an Old Testament context when Holy Spirit was rarely . . . resident on anyone and then only very carefully selected and trained, purified prophets.

After Pentecost, Holy Spirit indwelt all believers and distributed HIS GIFTS

AS HE CHOSE--as the NT declares.

I Cor 12-14 outlines the manner in handling such gifts.

When a prophecy is delivered, the local congregation is to weigh it, discuss it, prayerfully ponder it and decide what's of God and what isn't.

THERE IS NO MENTION THERE OF STONING THOSE WHO MISS IT.

A fuller discussion of these issues--and a fine one, at that--is available in the excellent book:

YOUR SONS & DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHECY: Prophetic Gifts in Ministry Today

by Earnest B Gentile with forward by C. Peter Wagner.

In terms of Church Era warnings . . . from p 322 of the above book:

"Another 'limited-time' prophecy was apparently given to the church at Jerusalem jsut before the city was put under siege by the Roman general Titus. According to Eusebius, the third-century historian, all the believers fled from Jerusalem in response to prophecy, thereby saving their lives. The city was destroyed shortly thereafter in A.D. 70. 'The whole boyd, however, of the church at Jerusalem, having been commanded by a divine revelation, given to men of approved piety there before the war, removed from the city, and dwelt at a certain town beyond the Jordan, called Pella.'" ref 31

I'm convinced that such warnings will become common place with 100% accuracy in our era. All authentic Christians will need to learn to discern and follow Holy Spirit on such matters . . . or many of their lives will end prematurely out of this dimension.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join