It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freeper Makes Predictions For 1 July 09

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BREWSE

I honestly believe there was never any intent to HOAX anyone...

THANK YOU ENORMOUSLY.

You are entirely 100% correct, of course.

And it does not take a psychologist to have known that.

Probably a 12 year old could have figured that out by the end of the first page.

[quoute]
I'm glad no shakin occurred, I still have much to do before the scarier stuff starts...Take everything with a grain of salt...

I agree on that score, too.

BTW, FWIW,

I had a 70 minute phone call with my FREEPER BRO on the East coast who, in some respects, started this with his example I used in the OP to introduce my questions and the whole issue of END TIMES PROPHECIES about coming traumatic festivities.

As I understand it, I'm authorized to say the following from him:

1. He asserted that a number of things happen but are hidden by the powers that be. He wondered if that might be the case here.

I don't think that was so because his prediction specifically noted that folks would see something in the skies and the result would be the FEAR OF GOD within them. That, to me, precludes an event happening but successfully hidden by anyone or any power.

2. He felt that the 2nd possibility was that he was simply wrong, heard wrong.

He does not want to defend himself.

I found my Christian Bro to be a soul very like minded as myself and who has also been created, trained and conditioned much like myself--yet, imho, who is quite a bit ahead of me spiritually and cheers to him for that.

I found him quite candid, honest, humble, . . . yet very experienced, knowledgeable and servant-hearted.

I think he has a fiercely genuine passion for God as well as for the lost and to minster to Christ's Body and the world.

He had had quite a lot of training and experience in deliverance.

He noted that one of his mentors exhorted him to avoid seeking many prophetic messages from God but to seek to be absolutely accurate.

He certainly acknowledges still being a work in progress as we all are.

##############

It is fascinating that one of the respondents on this thread most illogically screams about the Terms and Conditions regarding hoaxes . . .

yet brazenly and persistently violates them regarding being discourteous and personally brazenly assaultive.

That duplicity is unimpressive.

[edit on 2/7/2009 by BO XIAN]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Your persistent assertions of facts and reason is impressive.

Thanks.

FWIW and for those interested

= = = =

From this thread on FR about the 25 questions:

www.freerepublic.com...

OOOOOPS I goofed . . . didn't check out the links in my rush.

Preterism is demonic hogwash. Sorry.

[edit on 3/7/2009 by BO XIAN]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
On Topic:

With every tick of the clock this thread becomes more invalid.

With every passing hour it becomes obvious that the bold prediction in OP was untrue.

6/28/2009 8:04:26 PM PDT replied

Tonight the WORD of the LORD said that “With 3 days there will be a sign in the heavens that will make EVERYONE on the Earth shake & TREMBLE with FEAR of the LORD!!”

However, what has emerged from this thread is the existence of a False Prophet by definition.

Perhaps the judgement of this forum is dwarfed by the wrath of the Creator for such egregious disobedience. Alas, there are consequences for our actions and hell to pay.

Jeremiah 14:14....“The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds.

onewaytoheaven.wordpress.com...

Hope the OP will accept the erudite quote. It is from his often quoted book.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Interesting.Didnt the OP mention Honduras?Wasnt the president just deposed in a coup?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
There was something noticed by many in the skies on July 1st, so this can't be claimed as a complete hoax. I am one of the first to call out when someone predicts something and is wrong, but I am also one to give people the benefit of the doubt. and there is an object near our sun, that is not a planet, but no one can explain what it is. Here is a link to the thread which many might have been keeping up on. Dont know if this is the object predicted, but it is an object, in the sky, that is causing fear and doom and gloom. IMHO its the brown dwarf binary star that is the yin to our yang, but who knows

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy
There was something noticed by many in the skies on July 1st, so this can't be claimed as a complete hoax. . . . and there is an object near our sun, that is not a planet, but no one can explain what it is. . . . . Dont know if this is the object predicted, but it is an object, in the sky, that is causing fear and doom and gloom. IMHO its the brown dwarf binary star that is the yin to our yang, but who knows

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

THANKS TONS.

I think there is something to the Michael Eriksen's research from Monday on C2C re such a brown dwarf etc. Certainly this could qualify technically--though I think my FRiend and I both felt it would be much more close to home and much more dramatic.

Another ATSer U2U'd me about seeing planes at close range which were hovering and silent.

I'm groping to recall better a line, a faint memory from THE LORD OF THE RINGS . . . .

Something about . . . there are dark things loose in the forest or the land . . .

The times that try men's souls seem to be hovering closer and closer.

Thanks.

Still working on my church writing project so may not get back to this very fully for a while yet.

The questions thread on FR has had more than 2,500 views. Maybe I should put the questions up on their own thread here, after some modification. I really would like responses to them.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

Have been prayerfully pondering your post since I read it minutes ago.

I increasingly believe/feel that you are correct.

God's warnings and predictions USUALLY do NOT precisely meet our assumptions and expectations.

It seems to be a hobby of His. He could tell us in ways that precisely prepared our expectations. Yet, He seems to DELIGHT in surprising us . . . to setting us up to expect something in a given ball-park say . . . and then to have the actual final result be at least enough askew to cause us to think and ponder a fair amount.

Not sure why He does that so routinely, so persistently over the ages but it's His clear tendency.

Maybe it's one of His exclamation points that HE IS GOD and we are not.

Much appreciate your post.

HMMMM . . . another thing that tendency of His does . . . IT KEEPS US SEEKING HIM . . . SEEKING 'HIS FACE' . . . focused on Him . . . for clarification, direction, focus for our lives . . . Which is greatly for our own good.

AND it emphasizes something humans MUST keep in mind to avoid satan's pride and fall . . .

HUMILITY--THAT WE DO NOT have EVERYTHING all figured out and never will.

He warns us. He gives us clues and puzzle pieces. He prepares us. He gives us direction.

AND

[not but]

AND

He keeps us focused on Him for direction, our all sufficiency. That's the ONLY SAFE focus in all Creation for all of Creation.

Any other focus is hazard and corruption, death.

Always seeking Him as our Source . . . for clarification of predictions etc. . . . is Life.

[edit on 3/7/2009 by BO XIAN]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

This thread has certainly touched your Kuriosity.
You have quoted a wondeful verse from "the book"

This verse is also in "the book"
Acts 2:17 (NIV) " 'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

Your verse and this one seem at odds. But they are not. Maybe because you are kinda kurious you should find out why?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by begger for grace
Your verse and this one seem at odds. But they are not. Maybe because you are kinda kurious you should find out why?

Perhaps because the bible is full of contradictions? Thanks for pointing that out.

Look, for the most part, I could care less what people believe. Each to his own, it doesn't bother / affect me.

But when a person posts falsehoods in a forum dedicated to truth and knowledge that purports to DENY IGNORANCE, then I am now rightfully involved as a member.

I don't go to churches and attempt to dissuade the followers.
Am I not entitled to the same courtesy? Seems like hypocrisy.

Besides, it is now entertaining seeing the OP back-peddle and attempt to rationalize his wonton fallibility.

Amen.

Regards...KK

[edit on 3-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
wait, now the excuse that these signs that were going to shake me never happened was that they were hidden?

I could make a killing selling prophecies

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

Have been prayerfully pondering your post since I read it minutes ago.

I increasingly believe/feel that you are correct.

God's warnings and predictions USUALLY do NOT precisely meet our assumptions and expectations.

I'm sorry but this just does not fly in my opinion. The alleged message from God clearly predicted an event significant enough that it would cause fear and trembling. An object near the Sun does not remotely fit that description.

I have been supportive of your intentions in the OP but when people start reaching for supportive evidence AFTER the predicted time period I take exception.

Your Freeper friend was either confused or mistaken.

The prediction was inaccurate.

I think we might want to consider closing this thread.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

i HAVE AGREED upthread

that the prediction did not prove out as predicted.

My FRiend offered his prediction in good faith.

I felt that there was a 95+% probability in it coming true as predicted.

I still believe my FRiend has an authentic gifting and is quite correct way above average for such a gifting.

We will see if the sun thing has any great significance. It was not the sort of thing where everyone could/would look up in the sky and immediately feel the FEAR OF GOD.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It makes me sad to see once again humans trying to strike fear in others about God. God-fearing is man-made! I guess it will just keep getting worse as 2012 gets closer and certain groups stand to make money from striking fear in others!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

I have mixed feelings about that issue.

Scripture itself--GOD'S WORD

declares that

THE FEAR OF GOD is the !!!!BEGINNING!!!! of WISDOM.

I prefer the translation that puts it REVERENTIAL AWE.

There IS a place for fearing ALMIGHTY GOD--particularly for the rebellions to fear HIM.

There are plenty of Scriptures and Biblical prophecies about that sort of fitting fear.

= = =

However, I'm reading HE LOVES ME by WAYNE JACOBSEN

A VERY WONDERFUL BOOK.

He emphasizes that TRUST must replace fear. And that we won't trust until we have a profound experience of GOD'S LOVE.

Makes increasing sense, to me.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starseed32
It makes me sad to see once again humans trying to strike fear in others about God. God-fearing is man-made! I guess it will just keep getting worse as 2012 gets closer and certain groups stand to make money from striking fear in others!

I really don't think he posted this to make money off of other's fears. He posted what he believed to be an interesting prediction made by someone he knows that has made successful predictions.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahimsa

I really don't think he posted this to make money off of other's fears. He posted what he believed to be an interesting prediction made by someone he knows that has made successful predictions.

OF COURSE--YOU ARE 100% ACCURATE!

Even my prophetic FRiend gives out. He has his own job and does not profit in tangible, earthly ways from his ministry efforts.

Certainly I have no interest in money for ministry. That's offensive to me.

I realize a workman is worthy his hire according to Scripture.

Howver, this is not at all a job I do with money or earthly repayment in mind, at all.

It is more a passionate Christian hobby and something I do as thanks to my Lord, Jesus The Christ.

My job is as a part time college prof. and somewhat as a potter.

BTW, someone posted a cryptic post at the end of this old Charismatic FR thread . . . I don't know what they are referring to. The OP on that thread is still interesting as is post #25.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Thread reminder.

Please stay on topic. More often than not, predictions and prophecies in this forum do not come true. There is no need to scare away posters by accusing them of perpetuating hoaxes or calling for members to be banned. There is a big difference between deliberately hoaxing and passing on a prediction for the membership to chew on, whether it comes to pass or not.

Please refrain from attacking other members or calling for the banning of members when all that was done was to post something for the membership to digest.

It's a fact that some predictions do not come to pass and it is not ATS' policy to ban members who share something with the community in good faith when it does not occur. We don't want to discourage members from sharing possible events with the community in the fear they will be held personally responsible for simply passing information along. Nor will we allow members who share something in good faith to endure ridicule.

Thank You.

[edit on 7/4/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
It's a fact that some predictions do not come to pass and it is not ATS' policy to ban members who share something with the community in good faith when it does not occur.

I don't recall ANY prediction, in the true sense, made at ATS ever coming true.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Thread reminder.

There is a big difference between deliberately hoaxing and passing on a prediction for the membership to chew on, whether it comes to pass or not.

I, for one, would be curious to know who makes that distinction. What defines the "big difference?"

If someone claims to be "passing along" information (and oh BTW provides no link or source) are we simply to believe at face value?

It would seem to me that THE TRUTH could withstand scrutiny. At least that is how the court system in AMERICA functions, proof beyond a "reasonable doubt."

I honestly thought that TRUTH was held to a higher standard on ATS.

In closing, it WAS NOT my intent to "scare away posters" but rather expose a charlatan. (By your own argument I trust you will believe me since I say it is so.) Those that refrained from posting are obviously much wiser than I and likely saw this for the ruse it was. I will strive to exhibit more gumption and restraint in the future.

I am quite finished here. ( 5 days after expiration of prediction my benefit of doubt is withdrawn.) Moving on.

Respectfully........Kinda Kurious

[edit on 6-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join