It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain has 85 sharia courts: The astonishing spread of the Islamic justice behind closed doors

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by masonwatcher

Ahh, yes Bradford. That old whipping horse for the standard racist.

hahah

its so easy to spot

Oh look they are taking over bradford!! watch out... LOL

My daughter a married mother of three children lives in East Yorkshire traning to be an optomestrist, in Bradford she will not walk from the college to the train station alone. will not take her car as many are vandalised, has been spat on by women in burkhas,has been accosted by men telling her all Western women are up for it, she is not racist she is married to an Iranian.
Bradford is a no go area for non-Muslims

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher

Originally posted by Retseh

Or you could just visit Bradford

Titanic, deckchairs, rearranging.

Ahh, yes Bradford. That old whipping horse for the standard racist. My understanding is that a social fissure has developed between poor working class Yorkshire men and poor working class second and third generation Pakistanis born and breed up North.

The thing is these Yorkshire Pakistanis have become better Yorkshire men than the paler skinned versions. These Pakistani Brits play better cricket, the are harder than Yorkshire hardmen, they have become better mobbers than the indigenous bullies, and they don't take any crap from anyone.

Religion has got nothing to it. It is about how to best deal with bigots and how to share their medicine with them.

Bradford

[edit on 083131p://am3115 by masonwatcher]

All of Bradford is a **** hole. Most of the young Pakistani population are also very heavily into crime like drug dealing and robberies. There are also some areas in Bradford where if you go down the wrong street, you will get the **** kicked out of you and robbed just for being white. If you think this is good it proves your an idiot who has no interest in British society, like 95% of the British muslim population.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

Ahh, yes Bradford. That old whipping horse for the standard racist.

hahah

its so easy to spot

Oh look they are taking over bradford!! watch out... LOL

My daughter a married mother of three children lives in East Yorkshire traning to be an optomestrist, in Bradford she will not walk from the college to the train station alone. will not take her car as many are vandalised, has been spat on by women in burkhas,has been accosted by men telling her all Western women are up for it, she is not racist she is married to an Iranian.
Bradford is a no go area for non-Muslims

That really sucks and exactly how the Pakistanis were treated by the locals for decades. I remember when I went to boarding school in North Yorkshire in the late 80s a few of my Pakistani school mates used to tell me how their older brothers and dads were harassed on the street, mobbed out of their jobs. Also there was the issue National Front beating up lone Pakistanis in the street, petrol poured through the front door letter slot, Pakistani women being harassed and spat on by Yorkshire women.

These experiances were endemic thrugh out the entire community but now it isn't. They are fighting back and sleeping soundly in their beds without being in fear of being burnt alive.

There are large Pakistani communities in London and there is none of the problems you mention. This makes me think that root of the problem is the surly, indulent and aggressive Yorkshire folk. Even the rest of the English characterise Yorkshire folk as surly, block-headed, petty and mean.

Of course I disagree with this general description of all the people of Yorkshire but there is a class of soulless, uneducated racists there they blame all their defects on the immigrant community. They have always been at the bottom of the pile before these communities were invited and they are still on the bottom of the pile.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

All of Bradford is a **** hole. Most of the young Pakistani population are also very heavily into crime like drug dealing and robberies. There are also some areas in Bradford where if you go down the wrong street, you will get the **** kicked out of you and robbed just for being white. If you think this is good it proves your an idiot who has no interest in British society, like 95% of the British muslim population.

Even you admit that there are only some areas were there is a crime problem. There are entire estates littered all over the UK that is populated only by whites that the police fear to go into alone. This doesn't seem to be a problem to you but you hold criminality of a few against the entire community.

I am black and in London and have seem the red faced violence of white racism so get off your high horse. It gives me a perverse pleasure to see some racists get their comeuppances.

I know there are criminals in Bradford but to see Yorkshire folk obsessively whinge about the colour of criminals makes me laugh. The issue is the criminality not the religion or race of the person.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Then does that not make you the same as those white racists?

Your enjoyment of seeing them getting what is comming to them. Makes you as bad as they are.

So why dont you get off your high horse also. As you put it.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Then does that not make you the same as those white racists?

Your enjoyment of seeing them getting what is comming to them. Makes you as bad as they are.

So why dont you get off your high horse also. As you put it.

You are trying to initiate a circular argument. I have never racially abused anyone nor have I assaulted anyone. I am merely pointing out that bigots are getting a taste of their own medicine and I like it.

While I think that this whole matter is distasteful and would definitely not get on with the criminals in Bradford, it re-affirms my belief in Karma.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

No I am not so do not even start one with me, you just posted that you got satisfaction out of see what white racists have comming to them. You I am afraid have just made yourself as bad as those white racists. Weither or not you have been abusive or violent. Your comment has said it all.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

No I am not so do not even start one with me, you just posted that you got satisfaction out of see what white racists have comming to them. You I am afraid have just made yourself as bad as those white racists. Weither or not you have been abusive or violent. Your comment has said it all.

My point still stands. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Take it any which way you want. I really don't give a toss.

[edit on 103131p://am3113 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Well I hope all those have posted on this thread remembers that when you try and take them down a peg or 2, or that when you criticse their comments or call them racist, that you are just as bad.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

My kids who live in Yorkshire are from the south East/West we are not racists.

We are all tribal, when I worked in a curry house my boss a Bangladeshi hated Pkistani's. My ethnic background caused many problems for me and my family yet we are all white and British.
The difference nowadays is when people came here years ago they wanted to be part of the culture, now we have people who not only bring their culture but want the rest of us to be like they are.

Two Christian preachers were harassed and threatened with arrest by West Midlands Police officers in Birmingham for peacefully handing out pamphlets about Christianity in a predominantly Muslim neighborhood. Since when have their been Muslim only communities in the UK.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I did quote my sources: the UK Office of National Statistics & since I constantly refered to UK population, I would have thought it obvious that I was talking about the UK.
As for prejudice, it was the Times newspaper which had ONS stats on birthrates, broken down by age, ethnicity & socio-economic background, "collated" & by focussing on very narrow areas of those stats came up with the scaremongering prediction that the UK will be overrun by muslims. By going back to the raw macro data, I attempted to show that this is infact not so.
What prejudice am I exhibiting? Saying that immigrants have a higher birthrate? The ONS stats show that to be true. Saying that birthrates drop generations later? This is a well known phenomena which is also backed by current ONS stats showing that the TFR of women (including muslims) born in the UK is lower than those from overseas.
Perhaps you have just taken a dislike to me because of what I later wrote about burqas & so feel the need to bash anything I wrote?
I stand by what I said. I'm not prejudging anything. If muslim women want to obey the qur'an & dress modestly, I don't care. Day before yesterday I was speaking to my muslim neighbour over our back wall about urban foxes wrecking stuff. I had to call out so she'd know I was about to pop my head over the wall, to give her time to arrange her headscarf. Seems wierd to me but that's the way she likes it, so cool enough.
Modesty is one thing, being draped from head to toe in shapeless cloth, so you cannot in any way express the normal human trait of sexuality, is entirely another.
So no, not prejudice: applying my knowledge & experience to the situation & forming an opinion.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy

My kids who live in Yorkshire are from the south East/West we are not racists.

Two Christian preachers were harassed and threatened with arrest by West Midlands Police officers in Birmingham for peacefully handing out pamphlets about Christianity in a predominantly Muslim neighborhood. Since when have their been Muslim only communities in the UK.

I wonder what was in those leaflets? Anyway those preachers were probably arrested for disturbing the peace.

There are no Muslim only communities in the UK. It is all in your head. There is however. poverty stricken communities where you will find high concentrations of ethnic minorities.

I am black and there are white centres of deprivation that I dare not venture into unless I have a desire to have my head caved in for me. You will not hear me whinge about the take over of Britain by the great unwashed mass of Chavs. I sign off their racism as a product of their poverty and lack of decent education.

Why can't you do the same about those in Bradford instead of condemning a world religion or their race. Rather an over reaction, doncha think?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Kindly provide a link.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

...you just posted that you got satisfaction out of see what white racists have comming to them.

Yup! I put my hand up to that. You, however, can defend white racists all you want but it will not want stop me from the satisfaction of seeing them get a lick of what they dish out

[edit on 103131p://am3152 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Who said I was defending them, I am just pointing out you are just as as bad as them. Now your making assumptions. Oh and I am sure those christians were causing disruption lmao.

Wishing something voilent to happen to someone, no mater who or what they are, does not solve the problem, it make the situation worse. And you should know that already.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Who said I was defending them, I am just pointing out you are just as as bad as them. Now your making assumptions. Oh and I am sure those christians were causing disruption lmao.

You are taking an exception to my hostility to racists, ergo you are in defence of them. Savvy?

Any yes, Christians can be inciting particularly when they go to a community with a high proportion of practitioners. Shouldn't they instead preach to the drunken yobs on our high streets on the weekends. They are in urgent need of saving, don't you think?

[edit on 113131p://am3126 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

That really sucks and exactly how the Pakistanis were treated by the locals for decades.

Ok, let's get this straight. Niether is ok. However, do you recognise a distinction between white people being racist towards immigrants in their own homeland, and immigrants moving to a country and being racist towards the indigenous people of that country? I'd say both are wrong, but one is definitely more unfair than the other. It's the difference between hosting a party and telling everyone you don't personally know to leave, and walking into someone else's house, into the living room, and telling the homeowner to leave the room.

I am black and there are white centres of deprivation that I dare not venture into unless I have a desire to have my head caved in for me.

Interesting. Care to give examples? I can honestly not think of one place in the UK that would be unsafe for a non-white person. Funny looks, sure. But no violence.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul

That really sucks and exactly how the Pakistanis were treated by the locals for decades.

Ok, let's get this straight. Niether is ok. However, do you recognise a distinction between white people being racist towards immigrants in their own homeland, and immigrants moving to a country and being racist towards the indigenous people of that country?

You are making the assumption that the Pakistanis in Bradford were never born in Britain and they just landed on these shores? You might also be saying that a person of colour, even if born and raised here, can never be British and have any rights what so ever including making mistakes as the criminals we are discussing.

I actually think that what these Pakistani thugs are doing is wrong but it doesn't stop me from liking their stridency against racists.

I am black and there are white centres of deprivation that I dare not venture into unless I have a desire to have my head caved in for me.

Interesting. Care to give examples? I can honestly not think of one place in the UK that would be unsafe for a non-white person. Funny looks, sure. But no violence.

Have you forgotten Stephen Lawrence so soon?

[edit on 113131p://am3113 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You might also be saying that a person of colour, even if born and raised here, can never be British and have any rights what so ever including making mistakes as the criminals we are discussing.

When I talk of 'homeland', I don't mean the country that an individual was born in, I mean the ethnic homeland of their ancestral line. So no, a Pakistani may be civically British but Britain is not their ethnic homeland. The analogy fits, because even if a racist, violent Pakistani (to continue that example) was born in Britain, they are the result of Britain playing unconsenting host to a wave of immigrants whose homeland lies elsewhere.

But of course, legal immigrants should be subject to the same rights and both cases are inherently wrong. When I get funny looks walking through Muslim neighbourhoods, I find it incredible that I could be made to feel unwelcome in my own ethnic homeland. I'd never dream of doing the same thing in Bangladesh.

Have you forgotten Stephen Lawrence so soon?

I didn't realise that it was proven racially motivated.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

1st part: ok

saying only half are female is an invalid point as all of my calculations took this into account already
The most prolific indiginous childbearers are the poorest mothers tho, who sometimes have children by more than 1 father, so I thought it best to concentrate on women alone.

Besides, the same age range was used for non-muslims, so it's proportionate and that's what's key.
No it isn't, because a great many indiginous mothers will not have their children until the beginning of the generation after the next.

The birth rate for indigenous Britons is closer to 1.3.

Additionally, you're not taking into account that the birth rate of other, non-muslim minorities is somewhere between 1.3 and 4.3. This would likely explain any discrepancy.
Well, forgive me, but this thread is about the spread or not of shari'ah & your original stats post indicated that with such a low birthrate compared to a high one, islam would take over. In reality, there are a great many non-muslims making up the bulk of the difference & as you agreed, that is what counts, right? The UK is changing, that's a fact, but just because someone's ancestors didn't come from here doesn't make them any less British & that includes our long standing muslim communities.

Official statistics I showed were from 2007 whereas birthrates by ethnic group are more current.
I'm working from ONS 2007 stats also. My point here is that the way The Times had these most recent stats "collated" is misleading. It just does not add up with the overall picture the ONS has provided.

Due to the number of UK-born Muslim mothers, this figure of 1.79 for both UK-born Muslim and indigenous mothers confirms my 1.3 for indigenous mothers.
You've just contradicted yourself there, since you already accepted that the non-indiginous non-muslims make up the "discrepancy".
(TBC)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join