It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain has 85 sharia courts: The astonishing spread of the Islamic justice behind closed doors

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

When I talk of 'homeland', I don't mean the country that an individual was born in, I mean the ethnic homeland of their ancestral line. So no, a Pakistani may be civically British but Britain is not their ethnic homeland.

Does this reasoning include the Irish, Scottish and other Europeans or is the line drawn on a racial basis?

they are the result of Britain playing unconsenting host to a wave of immigrants whose homeland lies elsewhere.

Un-consenting by whom? My understanding is that the UK colonised many nations and many were forced to become subjects of the crown. Further still, many fought for Britain, were brought to the UK as cheap labour or were entitled to settle in the UK through proper immigrations processes. The people we are talking about were born here and have nothing to do with those smuggling themselves on the back of lorries.

In the end, most people of colour in the UK behave a lot better than Brits do abroad either on holiday or as part of an invading force.

When I get funny looks walking through Muslim neighbourhoods, I find it incredible that I could be made to feel unwelcome in my own ethnic homeland.

The funny look thing maybe in your head or you may be being gangstalked by racists.

I didn't realise that it was proven racially motivated.

Then what was it? Funny looks?

[edit on 113131p://am3105 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
Does this reasoning include the Irish, Scottish and other Europeans or is the line drawn on racial lines?

It's drawn on ancestral lines, not 'colour'. An Englishman who has no traceable Irish ancestry cannot claim Ireland as his homeland.

Un-consenting by whom?

By the vast majority. Yes, non-whites were imported on the back of the Empire and it's difficult for Brits to complain about that (though, the elites and royals were primarily responsible for bringing this particular wave of immigration). But everything since has been unconsenting, democratically speaking. Sure, the pro-globalist, multicultural nutjobs scream their support for immigration loudly, but only because the establishment and corrupt media has their back. Given a vote on mass-immigration, the people would have rejected it. Even the non-racist - like myself - would prefer Britain to remain overwhelmingly British (ancestrally and culturally).

In the end, most people of colour in the UK behave a lot better than Brits do abroad either on holiday or as part of an invading force.

I don't think you have much basis for this, other than to concentrate on the decadence in Ibiza and other such places. I guarantee there is a higher percentage of 'people of colour' in British prisons than there are white British people in foreign prisons.

Then what was it? Funny looks?

Who knows? Maybe. I was once beaten sh*tless by four black youths, for no reason whatsoever. Yet I never once considered it racially motivated. Just four bad people doing a bad thing.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

(cont. from above)

Originally posted by Bunken Drum
0.39M x 4.3 = 1.68M half female = 0.84M x 4.3 = 3.61M / 2 = 1.8M x 4.3 = 7.74 million muslims in total.

Originally posted by Cythraul
No, you didn't just calculate 7.74 million muslims total, you calculated 7.74 female muslims.
No I didn't, because I left the last generation undivided by 2, so it's all births.

It's the ratio that matters, not the precise figures and the ratio is the same whether we only count females for both, or count males and females for both.
If we were talking pure maths, you'd be correct, but by applying a birthrate to males as well, your numbers are doubled every generation & since this is population we're talking about, those numbers have to be seen in the wider context of total population of previous generations still alive.

When the entirety of the previous generation have passed on, the UK will be - by your own estimations - 57.12% Muslim, a majority.
Only if those muslims now immigrating into the UK buck all previous trends, including that of their co-religionists, & maintain such a high birthrate. See, people used to say the same thing about the Irish & Afro-Carribeans. Yet here we are decades later & somehow we're not all catholics or any stereotype that was levelled @black people. Actually, this has been said about Pakistanis before too & yet muslims in total are only 4% of the population. 4% man! I'll bet there's more than 4% non-muslims in Pakistan. Are they freaking out about it?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I will have to get back to you later. I am about to have a Sunday curry dinner followed by a baclava desert then I will be watching a bit of George Galloway on PressTV.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I'll bet there's more than 4% non-muslims in Pakistan. Are they freaking out about it?

No, because Pakistan is a Muslim country now.

To be honest, I'm getting confused matching my calculations up to yours and working out how we've each interpreted each other's. It seems as though the only point that matters, anyway, is that you don't believe trends will be upheld, whereas I suspect they will be. I'd prefer minds were awoken to the situation long in advance. If it never happens, great

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Re: Bradford
Agreed!

I was born up north & so I know East Lancs/West Yorkshire pretty well. It's slightly odd because you can literally go from 1 street to the next & find a very orthodox seeming group of muslims right next to Asians dressed & behaving pretty much like anyone else. Do you know Leeds @all? Better integrated in my experience. Liecester, Nottingham & Derby too. Best I've known is Bristol: well chilled out.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

has been spat on by women in burkhas
What, they lifted their veil so they could spit? I have to say I find that very difficult to believe.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Perhaps if the UK had a bill o rights, such trash would never be tolerated.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher reply to post by Bunken Drum

Kindly provide a link.
The links are already in the post: where I 1st refered to the ONS stats I was quoting, I turned those sentences into links. Don't they stand out from the normal text on your screen? I'm almost loath to repost them, as having to go back to what I said earlier to find them, there's a chance you might reread what I put & understand that far from the prejudice you accused me of, I am infact debunking prejudiced scaremongering.
Still:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I can honestly not think of one place in the UK that would be unsafe for a non-white person. Funny looks, sure. But no violence.
You are having a laugh, incha?
This is pretty old, but it makes the point, because attitudes haven't changed much & may even have got worse:

Independent on Sunday
Shropshire is not just located at the geographic heart of Britain. It lives deep in its psychological soul. It is a place with a bemused tolerance for the political fads of the metropolis, but it is also a place of decency and dull diligence. When reports began to emerge this week that two black men may have been lynched by racist thugs in the quiet, little market town of Wellington - one of a number of ancient centres joined together around the nucleus of Telford's town centre - it seemed one of the least likely locations for an excrescence of such extreme violence.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Sadly, racism is alive & well. So venturing into any poor, violent neighbourhood must be considered risky for anyone who might become a target of racism.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

When I talk of 'homeland', I don't mean the country that an individual was born in, I mean the ethnic homeland of their ancestral line. So no, a Pakistani may be civically British but Britain is not their ethnic homeland.
No, I'm not having that! As a white Britain born & bred, that statement is not getting by me unchallenged.
"Ethnic homeland" what sort of nonsense is that? Does a person have a choice where they're born? No. Is a person born with any idea of ethnicity? No. Does a person's ethnicity define them? Only in the minds of racists.
Does a person have any less right to call the place they were born 'home' just because their ancestors were from somewhere else? That appears to be exactly what you are saying & it is attitudes like that which prevent the integration of various ethnic communities, because you are saying they are not nor ever will be welcome. How else should a person with a different skin colour feel other than slighted, when they know that because of their ethnicity, they & their kids will always be recogniseable as having ancestors from somewhere else?
You sir are a racist. You may not even know it, but that statement shows it plain as day.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Does a person have any less right to call the place they were born 'home' just because their ancestors were from somewhere else? That appears to be exactly what you are saying

Not exactly. 'Home' and 'homeland' are different. A home you can choose, a homeland you cannot. But you wouldn't realise this being from the modern globalist school-of-thought whereby anything naturally exclusive must be made inclusive at all costs. Why should some things not just 'be'? Why should people be able to choose their ancestral homeland? Do you realise that your proposal destroys every ethnic identity in the world? You live in a politically correct fantasy world my friend. Views like yours would have children taught in school that the Huns originated in *the world* and the Mongols originated in *the world* and the Vikings originated in *the world* and the Mayans originated in *the world*. Trying to erase historic fact is not a good habit to be in.

Does a person have a choice where they're born?

No and niether do they have a choice in their ethnicity. Doesn't make them superior or inferior to anyone, just different. I celebrate global diversity.

Is a person born with any idea of ethnicity?

No. They grow up to be proud of it though. Some things in life cannot be chosen... though, the 'liberal' will never accept something that can't be made all-inclusive.

Does a person's ethnicity define them?

So you recognise that everyone does have an ethnicity? Then you're just supported my point.

[edit on 5/7/2009 by Cythraul]

[edit on 5/7/2009 by Cythraul]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

To be honest, I'm getting confused matching my calculations up to yours and working out how we've each interpreted each other's.
I haven't interpreted your calculations @all. What I've done is take the birthrates you quoted & plug them into the overall population figures provided by the ONS to see if they make sense. By doing so I discovered that comparing the low birthrate of indiginous Britons with the high birthrate of recent muslim immigrants creates a very skewed view of the overall picture, since it leaves out a whole raft of other non-muslims in between. Surprise, surprise! In a British newspaper, stats were manipulated to make a scary headline! Whoda thunk it?

It seems as though the only point that matters, anyway, is that you don't believe trends will be upheld, whereas I suspect they will be.
That is disingenuous @best. These stats which were then "collated for the Times" (quote from the article) are describing a phenomenon which is less than 2 decades old & ongoing thus subject to unforeseen or, in this case deliberately ignored, change. Hardly a "trend" in terms of population study.
The trend I believe will be upheld is one which is well recognised from data back as far as the 1700s when people in the west 1st began to take a real interest in the welfare of children, ie that the better off people become, the less children they have & invest more in each one.
All that we can say for sure is that the UK is changing. There will likely be an increased percentage of muslims, but that will likely be balanced out by an increased number of non-indiginous people of other or no faith.
In terms of this thread tho, to focus on population numbers is also misleading, because shari'ah isn't 1 thing set in stone for all; rather each sect of islam interprets it differently & muslim scholars continue to add to it. In Britain too! Will we see further moderation? I'd bet!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
Perhaps if the UK had a bill o rights, such trash would never be tolerated.

We have one, it was written in 1689 by William of Orange and still forms part of our uncodified constitution.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I'm not going to respond to the "globalist liberal" bit with any more than this: how very local shop lol!
I have actually just been to my local shop. The manager is some flavour of Arab; @least I've heard him speaking Arabic & he looks like an Arab. He was fiddling with a sign on the pavement being helped by the security guard who is a Seikh - turban, bangles, probably got a sword under the counter. Inside were a couple of youths, last of the students probably: she had bright ginger hair. There was also a Punjabi woman & her daughter in vibrant trad clothes: scarves over shoulders & nose piercings. She had her young lad with her & a little girl I've not seen before, both in western clothes. The girl behind the counter is total goth: full-on makeup, face piercings & tats on her hands.
Outside I thought about pizza from the shop owned by 2 Greek brothers & run by 3 Pakistanis & an Armenian(!!). Decided against & thought about going to the pub which also serves Thai food: run by a gay Scotsman & his Thai lover. I'm not working tonight tho so I'd have only drank more beer than I can afford. I went to the Chinese chippy instead, which is actually run by a Scouse (& I mean proper) Chinese man, his English wife & their kids. Had a chat with the Jamaican/English bloke who runs the local radio station whilst in there (I work in sound). I got a lift back to mine from the English lads who run a delivery service from all 3 places in their Smart cars.
So whilst I've been typing this I've eaten mushroom fu yung, chips, peas & pickle, whilst sipping Russian vodka & now I'm eating Indian sweets with South African orange juice.
You know what I think? It's f**king cool to be British! Our culture is so robust we can accept anything! As long as you don't take the p!ss too much, you'll be alright.
Let's not get confused between ethnicity & culture.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Bunken Drum that's the Britain I know and not the kind of nightmares being bandied about by racists, malcontents and troublemakers.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Let's not get confused between ethnicity & culture.

No. Let's not. But the two can go hand in hand. What you've just described is modern global culture, only part of which is 'British'. See, most of your 'idyllic' story there is not specific to this country - it could have taken place in almost any globalised country, and that's fine. But don't go confusing it with 'British' culture.

I have a lot of friends who, like you, consider the best thing about Britain to be that it's multicultural. We tend to disagree. All that needs to happen is for globalists to stop forcing multiculturalism upon the people who don't want it. Whatever your thoughts on my opinion may be, you should know that you're destroying something incredibly important to me. Call me racist if you want, but I simply want Britain to remain British. I want to be able to travel to Cambodia and take a glimpse at Cambodians and their culture, and Tibetans and their culture, and so on... I don't want to be faced with a monocultural, global culture wherever I go, each country indistinct from the next. You might. It depends what you value. I stopped buying the lie that 'being against total global multiculturalism is being against progress' a long time ago.

And for the record, variety is something I enjoy. I eat 'ethnic' foods and have 'ethnic' friends. But at the point where the cultural and ethnic makeup of Britain ceases to be predominantly British, that's where I draw a line.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Have you forgotten Stephen Lawrence so soon?

And have you forgotten Kriss Donald so quickly?

news.bbc.co.uk...

A racist attack is a racist attack.
End of.
Your defence of racism is indefensible but oh so typical.

Whether you like it or not there are no-go areas in the UK for non-Muslims.
www.timesonline.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Symmetric Avenger,

Please read my post again. I started it with the words "If this is true...", so there was no need to start jumping up and down in a hysterical frenzy.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

What you've just described is modern global culture, only part of which is 'British'. See, most of your 'idyllic' story there is not specific to this country
I'd like to know what you think is specific to this country.
Personally, I think that absorbing stuff from all over the world is a major part of British culture. We've always done it, usually by sending people to places to rip off some resources. The difference now is we've got the people as well. But honestly, where else in the world could you see muslim men, a few of whom look like pics I've seen of the Taliban, calmly walking down a street that leads to a road on the opposite side of which is a seriously gay pub (& I mean chrome, neon, stylish couches & coffee tables, never mind the clientel) without there being trouble?
See that's something else I recognise as quintessentially British: you can do whatever you like here, just so long as it's not hurting anyone. It's taken us long enough to get to the stage where that definition has been expanded to cover stuff like homosexuality, pagan worship & finally relaxing licensing laws, etc. but the premise was always there.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join