It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens to wipe USA off the map

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Why is the U.S. provoking them? This is my Home, the United States. Why have we butchered so many people in the name of financial supremacy? I thought we were Americans?

I shall pray to my ancestors that I did nothing to stop the piracy of our Land where they died fighting to obtain.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by juzchilln

We arn't provoking them. We have been taking a wait and see attitude with NK. We have done all we can as far as sanctions, and technically, we are still at war with NK, and have been since the Korean war. That is why we have a military presence in SK.

If anything, with all of the statements from NK, they are trying to provoke US. Lil Kim wants his war. I hope he doesn't get it.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I believe we gave them the ability to do it themselves. During the first long range missle test, it was JAPAN that said they'd shoot it down.

Japan Ready To Shoot Down North Korea Missile If Required
Link:www.spacewar.com...

Japan deploys missile units ahead of NKorea launch
Tokyo (AFP) March 29 - Japan's military has deployed Patriot guided-missile units in and around Tokyo ahead of a North Korean rocket launch due next month, ...

Edit to add: I did say it would most likely be the US, but Japan does have the capability. Further, if Obama had Japan shoot it down, it would make it more than just a US problem. Obama seems to like the more passive approach. Have Japan shoot it down, NK goes after Japan first, and the U.S. gets involved to help Japan.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Readily admitting that I do not know much about the tension between Korea and USA I will say this: That headline scared me!

Take it for what it is, a really good scare for the people. Why? They like to keep us wound up.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by juzchilln

LOL I'd say the only ones trying to provoke a response is North Korea. Kim's looking for an excuse to push the button. He knows damn well if he decided to launch an attack it could very well lead to WW3. Let's pray it doesnt go that far.

Like i said before, the Navy is all over NK right now waiting to get some action. If NK wants to play games they are at the disadvantage. And if the nukes go hot the world is going to change pretty much over night. Theres only one outcome from a nuke war, i know you've all heard of MAD before... (mutually assured destruction). It would happen something like this: NK launches at us or SK or Japan, we in turn send tac. strikes at NK. NK calls for aide from China, the Chinese in turn respond to the US with threats of another nuke strike, to which the USA responds with a if you even think about it we'll wipe you off the face of this planet, which leads to more tac strikes or pre-emtive strikes at China, China respoonds with a nuke strike at the US which will kill about 500,000 to 1 million and after that card is played the planet is in chaos. WW3 is on like donkey kong.

Thats all my own opinions but i'm sure that it would go down something like that.

Nuclear war is a very scary thing.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Yes thats correct. We gave them the ability to do it as well as the american navy guys to operate it. Technically it's Japan who would be shooting it down, but really it's the Americans. We're pretty much on the same page. Japans not allowed to have any weapons for defense or offense with out our go ahead.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Kim Jon will not fire his "la-sers" if you give him ....

one MILLION dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This is probably a dumb question, but on topic:

What happens if they shoot down a nuke mid-air?

First, can it be done?
-- I'm thinking, yes. But I guess my question really is, would they?

Second, is the fallout worse?
-- The only reason I am wondering if it would be worse, is because i should think that the higher it detonates, the more massive areas would be affected because of wind, etc. I should think the "fallout" period would be shorter though.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
Kim Jon will not fire his "la-sers" if you give him ....

one MILLION dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimmee as Dr. Evil. That's cool. Do you think South Korea will have to be evacuated?

There's that one big fema camp near Fairbanks that holds 2 million. Or just bring them all to California?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

So you all laughing NK cant do this, well I think the opposite, who said it has to be a nuke.... who said

Exactly!

How about biological warfare.

They've got it and they can make it happen.

It’s not the size of the bang - North Korea

Take a look...

peace

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Let's play this out....

If NK launches.. there will be an attempt to shoot it down. I also believe the ship will be stopped and boarded.

The ship is the key.

If we board and find nothing then Kim goes on a tangent about how DPRK are being unjustly persecuted by the UN. If we board and find something Kim is going on a tangent about how this is an act of war.

The one certain is.....Kim is going on another tangent. Count on it.

Now if we find something..and...NK positions a missile, then a preemptive strike is fully justifiable.

However, before we would strike pre-emptively, we would consult China and Russia (at least giving them a heads up, which politically is the right thing, but tactically maybe not a good idea). This would take away the element of surprise..

This is where it would get intersting (scary) if NK knew a preemptive strike was imminent. Kim would be forced to either back down or take action (probably against S. Korea if he chose the latter)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Iv got a question.

Why the hell would N-Korea start to do all these crazy things in such a short time, it doesn't make sense.

btw: do i need to keep trac of a thread manually? cause its impossible (almost) how do you guys do that?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
This is probably a dumb question, but on topic:

What happens if they shoot down a nuke mid-air?

First, can it be done?
-- I'm thinking, yes. But I guess my question really is, would they?

Second, is the fallout worse?
-- The only reason I am wondering if it would be worse, is because i should think that the higher it detonates, the more massive areas would be affected because of wind, etc. I should think the "fallout" period would be shorter though.

Nuc's don't work like conventional bombs. Their detonators are really complicated devices that rely on pre -programmed variables to work. They are really safer than conventional bombs...they just do a lot more damage to put it lightly. The big problem is contamination. Submarines have been lost with nucs aboard and none to my knowledge has ever detonated, though it is possible at some point in time they could. It would be stupid to override the detonator to explore the warhead when it is possible that the one you are sending the missile to could destroy the missile over your own territory...and that is a possibility any thinking person would want to consider.

best regards,
seax125

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I just had a mental image of Elmer Fudd standing behind a podium, US flags flying bravely in the background, reciting those lines with all the passion of a Southern Evangelist begging for money...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

My take on it is this. NK shares intel with the Russians. Perhaps the Russians feel that a strike on Iran is imminent. This gives NK a free hand to play it's game.

If we whack Iran, possibly NK could hit South Korea. In the rumor mill, from Bob Chapman (the International Forecaster) we hear that there may be a bank holiday in the US at the start of September.

It all kinda fits together, a bank holiday, a military strike, close down the stock markets for a few days, etc.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I can't stop thinking about Team America.

"OH NO! HANS BRIX!!!"

lol

If little Kimmy up across the DMZ wants to play Soldier, let him.

The war will be short and swift.

I for one am tired of all this sitting around.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

TBQH I'd usually agree... a sniper hit and boom, problem solved..

we hope!

As my grandmother always said "better the devil you know..".

In other words, if you think what you have is bad, wait till you see what comes after! If we take Kimmy out -- or a slew of people -- then how do we make sure that a year or ten years down the line, someone worse doesn't come in to power wanting to continue what Kim started?

If we could keep that from happening, then I say definitely -- snipe the fool and get it over with!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

I saw the headline and I just thought to myself... lol.

This guy's an imbicile (Kim).

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
nk said, if we even touch one ship of his it is an act of war. nk did not sign any un agreements, so kim jon ill is not breaking any un laws. he dissagrees with the un. ok. he means what he says, he will fire on usa if we check his ships. kim jon ill to me is irresponsible, we have to check the ships. you just do not check a ship, unless you want problems to enter into your borders. we are going to check ships wether they like it or not, it is a matter of national security. that is like saying if i spit in your face, are you going to hit me? you know, i may not be the brightest light bulb, but you know we gotta check ships ok kim jon ill. thats all there is to it. so fire up your missles so we can take them down. oh and by the way, have fun retrieving missles that go down so you can find out why it malfunctioned. you see that part of the ocean is rather deep. just be nice , ok kimmy.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Does anybody have or know the email address for Mr Kim Ill in the head?

I am going to guess a few times but he really needs to be sent a message to say "Durh, you have no chance against the US, South Korea or Japan. What kind of brainwashing have you had to think that you could even attempt to take any of us on? One of our many subs off your coast could wipe out your whole country in 5 minutes you sick little man!"

Oh, I wish I knew his email, he really needs to be told before it's too late lololol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join