It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens to wipe USA off the map

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Another case of not believing the news media, useless as they are.

There are ways to get at united states with only a few weapons, but i think none of you have thought of them.

But i doubt n korea really said these things like the people in iran.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This reminds me of the Gulf of Tonkin, I wonder what our strategists are hearing through intel?

Do you suppose any of this could be hype and an attempt to lure us into confrontation?

My 14 year old is on the west coast this summer...

This being the summer of his step into manlyhood, but I am worried as he is still my baby.

If they start lobbing missles at us, I fear our seperation will be prolonged...

I will be one pissed off Mama if they do!

[edit on 24-6-2009 by antar]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
North Korea is in no position to do anything but have regularly scheduled hissyfits to try to extort money from us to prop up their failed authoritarian system.

They can't even build a rocket that doesn't blow up, let alone carry a nuclear weapon to the US.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Is it possible that they may have suitcases already in postion in the States? And that their desire to wipe us off the face of the earth is possible?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Kim is freagin delusional. ..... technicaly they are where we were about fifty years ago. ..... and they think thats something to be proud of ? the US already has the tech to shoot down anything anyone can throw at us, let alone N. Korea.

.... I think Kim just knows he's near the end, .... and doesn't want to go to hell alone. If he has a death wish, ..... it will be granted.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I don't think NK can hit the US with anything, but South Korea, that's another matter. The South Koreans are really in a tight spot.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
frankly The american goverment is very worried about even one missile striking the US.

It Makes them look very bad, and open the doors from more attacks from over countries.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I just dont understand how we are militarily not doing something...Now I know a lot of this is just temptation and fear mongering but frankly we destroyed Iraq and Saddam over this..and Saddam didnt even mention he was going to wipe us off the map or test any missiles...Yet Kimmy decides to go on a vicious rant that tops any threat we've ever had thrown at us. I can't believe he is still alive and not assassinated- let alone still making threats. And now I'm seeing commercials against a nuclear Iran (whose country is essentially destroying itself) rather than North Korea which is just wanting to taste blood and threatening us and the world daily/weekly. Why shouldn't we bomb their silos and military facilities back to the stone age?

I'm all for it this point. No-one should be able to threaten a country and all of its citizens like that and live. We should also board their ships...I dont understand the mentality that we are currently operating under...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtinguish
Maybe North Korea is simply going to print maps without the U.S. on them? Makes more sense, no?

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Xtinguish]

Now THAT is something that is in the realm of possibility with their technology. I really wouldn't fear NK's missiles. From what I saw of their missile tests they'll be lucky to be able to hit Japan let alone the US. At this point an ICBM for NK is as far off as a manned mission to Mars is for the US. Just NK blowing more smoke up peoples arses.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfAces
I just dont understand how we are militarily not doing something...Now I know a lot of this is just temptation and fear mongering but frankly we destroyed Iraq and Saddam over this..and Saddam didnt even mention he was going to wipe us off the map or test any missiles...Yet Kimmy decides to go on a vicious rant that tops any threat we've ever had thrown at us. I can't believe he is still alive and not assassinated- let alone still making threats. And now I'm seeing commercials against a nuclear Iran (whose country is essentially destroying itself) rather than North Korea which is just wanting to taste blood and threatening us and the world daily/weekly. Why shouldn't we bomb their silos and military facilities back to the stone age?

I'm all for it this point. No-one should be able to threaten a country and all of its citizens like that and live. We should also board their ships...I dont understand the mentality that we are currently operating under...

It's called have a democrat in the White House....Obama is scared as hell to do anything militarily, as he does not want to be viewed as Bush was. I believe that if Bush were still in office North Korea would be a parking lot by now.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
You never know. China and Russia could be just waiting in the wings hoping one of these rouge nations lands a sucker punch on the U.S. A Successful EMP attack could open the door for them.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Has anyone considered the possibility that the cargo ship has a nuke on board it?

That's what I'd do, and if the USS McCain makes boarding preparations, then.........BOOM !!!

Try and board it in a foreign port.........BOOM!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Ole Kim is simply letting his mouth write checks that his well padded hind-side cannot cash. As someone pointed out hes after money and nothing more. Honestly if he did start throwing around munitions I suspect his supposed allies in China and Russia would explain to him that he sometimes has to fight his own fights and promptly leave him to deal with a situation he created himself.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I can't understand why they don't just shoot the 'test missiles' down with a tactical laser. They can do it...nobody would ever know what happened...you can't see the laser. Tell them an 'o' ring failed. If they did blame us then they would know their missiles are no good against our shield.

Where is another Ronald Regan?

seax125

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Sun Tzu - The Art of War

I think China has read that book.

We've been in Afghanistan for 8 years...In Iraq for 6 (quote 2). What if China is prodding ol' Kimmy? What happens if we do get dragged into N Korea? Then say......China prods Imadinnerjacket.......We get dragged into Iran? (Quote 1)

Now there's a little piece of property China is pretty keen on named Taiwan......And there are a few peices of property Russia is pretty keen on namely the former Soviet States. With us in Iraq, Afghanistan, NKorea, and Iran....What are we really going to do If China and Russia make a move? (Quote 3)

Looks to me like we're playing a pretty bad game of RISK

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfAces

There will be a war eventually, unless Kimmy Junior is a lot more stable than his dad. NK have been relying on the same approach for a long time now and it's starting to wear thin - even with Russia and China. The world is sick of their kicking and screaming like a spoiled toddler. Either they calm down or they'll be given a slap and sent to their room without any supper.

I'm not a war-monger, but it's time to get tough with them, IMO. Take this ship they're trailing, for example; A ship potentially carrying weapons that NK is not allowed to export, heading for a country (Myanmar) that is not allowed to import weapons. They HAVE to board that ship or it makes a mockery of everything

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
NK in and of itself is laughable. Though, one has to give some thought to the idea that they probably would not be acting so brazen unless they are indeed being backed by a powerhouse.

Correct me if I'm wrong but...does the US have some reason that we should trust China? Or Russia for that matter?

I find it worrysome that so many think we are beyond betrayal by these nations! Let's face it, not too many countries are holding us in their high esteem these days.

Personally, I am concerned. It's been prophesized for ages that China would be detrimental to the USA, why not in this scenario? I'm no bible thumper or crystal rubber but some things just make sense. I'm a little worried about how this one is going to play out.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is like the punk running his mouth, what a tough guy he is. Alot of people believe him and are afraid of him.
So this goes on till a real tough guy kicks the crap out of him, and he whimpers away.
Threats like this need to be addressed, before thay are able to fullfill, their threat.
Japan cried because we Nuked them, but if you think for second they would not of done it to us to a even greater extent, your in dream land.

I would tell NK to cease and desists, or suffer the consequences, to me this threat is declaring war on United States and it's people.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by KEMIK
I'm curious to see what new toys the US breaks out if this thing goes down (hopefully not).

I reckon some anti-grav or laser weapons would be what you're talking about.

B2's and F22's should do the job though.

If I were American I'd say bring it on as well with that kind of stealth tech to back me up

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Is it possible that they may have suitcases already in postion in the States? And that their desire to wipe us off the face of the earth is possible?

Ya never know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join