It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens to wipe USA off the map

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

that might be a threat if China were motivated, but they have financial interesets of their own, they are part of the global economy.

Their financial interests are about to be inflated away by the us. I think they want to run the global economy now. For that matter I believe this whole thing is tied to china. I mean I don't really see any other catalyst for NK to up and going ape all of a sudden unless china got hot about the devaluation of their 'savings'. So they pick up the phone to their lil buddy.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Wouldn't work out well, unless of course our governments had a reason to let some bombs slip in...kind of like 9/11

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tank2/8

I doubt that, given the large Muslim minority in India they will probably support whichever side the surrounding Muslim countries support just to prevent a civil war in their own country. THat's never too far from reality under the best of circumstances.

Personally, I do not think having India side with the US would sit well here anyway since so many jobs were moved to India. It won't bolster Obama's ratings, that's for sure.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
That's why pakistan is chinas ally, they've got India surrounded. I think India was at the SCO meeting that we were unable to attend also. So I wouldn't count on India, they are probably alot more worried about their own neighborhood than a country half way around the world. Especially one that falling apart financially.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
As far fetched as it may sound, I wonder if Kim Jong Il is being influenced by some form of advanced mind control. Didn't he disappear for a few weeks after meeting with Chinese government officials?

There was speculation that he was just sick, however his actions over the last few weeks seem just a touch too brazen for even him. Threatening to wipe America off the map. Testing missiles. Sailing a ship through international waters that is believed to be carrying weapons, and the subsequent threat that if anyone was to attempt to stop the vessel, it would result in an all out war. Not to mention the threats to Japan and South Korea.

I mean, testing missiles is one thing, but threatening a superpower like the United States of America with complete annihilation seems overly extreme.

Perhaps it is just my over active imagination. What do the rest of you think?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

North Korea Threatens to wipe USA of the map

I don't think they have a big enough eraser. Size matters

That crap is for internal consumption. They know the rest of the world is not impressed. They just want their Welfare Check and Food Stamps.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
So let's say NK sells one of their bombs to some crazy terrorist and they manage to detonate it inside of the US. What do we do? Wipe them off the map?

I think the US government would know before hand through their intelligence that this was going on. Would good ol "Obama" let it happen, or would he stop it? Does "O" have what it takes to enter into another war? Or will he sit idly by and try to talk his way out of it? There are so many options on the table I just don't know what to think. A lot of posts on this subject are very scary yet very plausible scenarios. Maybe nothing will become of this and NK will return to talks and give up their nuclear program. I just don't see what anyone has to gain in the event of a nuclear war. NK will be destroyed and the US will emerge victorious. A lot of foreigners probably thing I am the typical arrogant American but u have to realize who NK is dealing with.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

And who is nk dealing with? An army that cant fight when there are trees around and gets owned by a few guys in AKs, wood traps and dressed in rags? That only attacks weaker countries for no reason and think of themselves as the greatest power in the world because they killed a few iraqis in the plains (and still drop like flies every day) but have no strategy what so ever to fight a real war with a real power on a very VERY difficult terrain? A country that has its army completly scattered all over the world and its troops dont have the morale to fight... and in the majority of cases dont even know why they're there? A country that if it gets an EMP blast will be back to stone age and using morse code? The US cant even target their power plants (if you know NK you know it is so) and no M1 on the hills either, and for the planes... well air supremacy is in NKs favor here cause they know they topography which the US do not.

The US are used to play and win games in the Easy Option and cheating... now its hard mode and they cant cheat... Lets see how good the US really are.

I think little kim has pretty good chances... erasing the US off the map is too much but preventing them for entering NK is pretty much assured and you cant win a war just by bombing... you have to go there... and you stand no chance in their terrain... think you going to walk into Pyongyang and call it a day like it was with bagdad?

If you think NK is anything like the US has ever faced you're wrong. We're talking a mix between the terrain and cunning of the men of vietnam with the fanaticism, will to fight to the last man, and toughness of the german SS.

I think the US will chicken out. Its too dangerous for the US, has no "money interest", no oil to take, basically no financial interest what so ever so they'll take the "I'm too good to be provoked" side and try to come out of it as the "sane part of the conflict wanting the best for the world" yadda yadda yadda, when in reality they cant afford this war and they cant afford to lose their "I'm a US marine WOOHA rambo style" by losing a SERIOUS war (for a change) with little kim.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Ok, you know nothing. Like I said in my post, some foreign nut job will think I'm just some arrogant US citizen. You will learn ur lesson eventually. Have fun being bitter.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz

North Korea Threatens to wipe USA of the map

news.yahoo.com

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea threatened Wednesday to wipe the United States off the map as Washington and its allies watched for signs the regime will launch a series of missiles in the coming days.

Off China's coast, a U.S. destroyer was tailing a North Korean ship suspected of transporting illicit weapons to Myanmar in what could be the first test of U.N. sanctions passed to punish the nation for an underground nuclear test last month.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-6-2009 by bakednutz]

That is the funniest BS i've ever heard! What...they got like ...6 bombs?
I'd really like to see them try

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
LOL...............

reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Yea I am sure a suitcase bomb or two is really going to "wipe the United States of America off the map",lol............. If they did that there would be no more N,Korea....

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Don't sleep on that little man. we will stop some of them but not all off them. all it takes is 1!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
There is no sense of humor on Earth quite like that of North Korea's regime. Oh the hilarity. I'm tired of this crap. This is worse than a fly buzzing around my head. I would coax the thing out of the window, even unless it were more convenient to swat it. NK won't make a move, but they will talk, talk, talk and give the west the excuse for the war our elite salivate over.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Your overly obvious antagonistic rhetoric has earned you label of fool in my book. You know not what you speak of.

First I want to express my opinion of this story as propoganda like most of the crap news that comes from tensions and conflict with Iran, N. korea, Iraq, Vietnam and any other foreign country America and its leaders have deemed as a threat for the last 50+ years.

That being said...
Militarily North Korea does and would not stand a chance. Even in their own backyard. They have a conventional military that is outdated and small in comparison to Americas. They know this. I would bet 100 to 1 you would see desertion on scale larger than Iraqi deserters during the invasion. Besides that, once the head was cutoff, there would be no more reason for their soldiers to continue fighting...

Also, their food supply would be devasted almost immediately, as N. korea relies on much help from the outside. It would become more of a humanitarian effort than a war...

An army that cant fight when there are trees around and gets owned by a few guys in AKs, wood traps and dressed in rags?

First, we have already been to N. korea, and won actually. By all means open your history book. We never really lost a battle in vietnam which came with lush jungle laced with booby traps...Not new there bud. Been there done that.

(and still drop like flies every day)

Your attitude irks me quite a bit. Degrading the death of any human is quite low. And Im sure a gnat such as yourself couldnt handle one day fending for yourself anywhere, never mind in a war situation. So you can take your ignorant assesment and shove it....well in this general direction..:

and for the planes... well air supremacy is in NKs favor here cause they know they topography which the US do not.

another example of foolery. IF (and that is a big IF) they got any planes off the ground, the Navy (either by missile or F-18) would be well equipped to take them out almost immediately. Making their objective null and void. Therefore, their topography knowledge from an aerial point of view is useless. And you can bet American and world satellites have been mapping and have mapped that area for the last 15 years.

Lets see how good the US really are.

I personally hope to never see how good the U.S. military really is. Their may not be a world left see to how good they truly are.

but preventing them for entering NK is pretty much assured

While an invasion would not be ideal, it also would not be necessary until the bombs have stopped dropping. And once the bombs have stopped dropping, we could send Obamas poodle in to declare victory.

The ground squirmishes that would take place after would be over in weeks as the supply lines and food reserves would be amongst the first targets.

If you think NK is anything like the US has ever faced you're wrong. We're talking a mix between the terrain and cunning of the men of vietnam with the fanaticism, will to fight to the last man, and toughness of the german SS.

FYI... We have already been to Korea, Vietnam and downtown Berlin, and never lost in any of those places. They said the same thing about the SS and Iraqs Republican guard. And guess what? Here we are today.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by open_eyeballs]

[edit on 25-6-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

You're an idiot and have no clue what the hell you're talking about. Go dig up my recent post on the military capabilities of North Korea that was written back in 2003 in the weaponry section.

North Korea is the biggest threat and most formidable foe facing the United States right now. They have been for years. We will not do # to them because they would slaughter our troops and South Koreans in a matter of minutes. You think nukes will save the day? LMAO! They are expert tunnel builders. They have tunnels ALL OVER the place. Huge underground bunkers that make the Greenfelder look like a sandbox.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

As the 12 year old that you are, you get all your information from a one sided source. You obviously have no clue about history or the capabilities of the U.S. military. I didn't say they didn't have a formidable army. Certainly they do. But they can do nothing about their weaknesses I already pointed out. Food and supply. Period.

Im not going to get in a pissing contest with you, but you can ask anyone with the slightest knowledge of modern warfare that the U.S. Navy could handle N. Korea without any help from Marines or the Air Force or the Army. Just the Navy. The U.S. Navys dominance is beyond any technology N. korea could develop. That is just the way it is. So by all means, take your 2 year old name calling and go learn something.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
They have likely smuggled a warhead into the US. A detonation in a major city will definitely "wipe us from the map" so to speak. We are on the edge of total collapse, a nuke would be all it takes.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

we thoght that about iraq,too.

everyone is forgetting about submarines. you really dont have to be far off with a sub.

here's a little fun factoid page...think it will be a cakewalk?

ARMIES BY SIZE

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Three.

—8—6

Take care.

Regards
Lee

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join