It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens to wipe USA off the map

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
I guess there is no way Russia or China could be secretly aiding the NK regime right? I mean after all China and Russia need us more than we need them? They are our friends right? LOL. The naivety of the American public is hilarious.

I think it would be even more naive to think any of that is even possible.

Do you even know what weapons would be used if it was Russia+China vs the USA?

I suppose you do not know about MAD.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Alot of you are making jokes about this but just stop and think for one second how bad it would be if a nuke even a small one made it to a large populated area. How many people would die, and how long it would take for the radiaton to go down.

Also the international tensions caused would be through the roof and could cause a war, a big one.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by almeister 5000

Gallows humor. Look at what people in the US have on the table. Economic meltdown, swine flu and those vaccines!, continued problems in the middle east. and now Kimmee and his actions.

You should take a look at some WW11 cartoons depicting Hitler and Mousollini in a very obscene fashion. When the first batch of Abu Gharib torture pictures were released the local paper ran a cartoon showing Bush and Cheney dressed as torturers with whips. I can't remember the caption, but it was funny.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

BASICALLY! Just because your paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you.

2nd line.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
How is it that there's only been 1 mention of Iran so far?! And even then only as an aside?!

Does nobody else find it a remarkable coincidence that Ahmeni-what's-his-name wants Israel 'wiped from the map' and now NK wants the US 'wiped from the map'.

How can nobody make the connection when both remaining members of the 'Axis of Evil' are saying basically the same thing. I'm one of the people who strongly feel that the Iranian Pres actually said he wanted the 'current Zionist regime erased from the pages of history'. I also think there's much more chance that NK actually said this (although I do think there are some translation issues).

But I find it remarkably on the nose that Korea would use exactly the same wording that Iran did, when they are the two countries made out to be our 'enemies'. No one else thinks this?

[edit on 24-6-2009 by TheStev]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Can US afford another war?? I think provoking US by some way and getting them into war will put more burden on US's economy and pushes into a spiral recession. That would put US into very tough times. May be thats what NK wants to happen. My 2 cents.!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eitimzevinten
reply to post by bakednutz

Oh no!!! They have finally developed technology thats only over half a century old. I'm not looking forward to them emailing their threats in 2020.

seriously ....QUOTE OF THE DAY!

that aside...

i cant believe how much anti north korea / nuke war news / propeganda has started coming from what seems like nowhere scince NK tested their rocket then bomb.

does anyone actualy think that anyone is actualy taking him seriously ?? Really!?!?!

REALLY?!?!

i bet obama and his pals are rolling on the floor at every one of these new "threats", its like threatening an elephant with a peashooter ... it might annoy a few people but really its just stupidity..

north koreas probably one of the most watched nations at this moment in time..... no matter how many threats are made, or if one is even carried out... the real question is how many nautical miles will said bomb travel before getting blasted out of the sky ....its not like korea have a fleet of stealth capable bombers is it ?

now, if nk had developed stealth bombers on the sly and noone knew ... THAT woudl be funny .. (for a few seconds till we are all vaporised)

[edit on 24-6-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

oh man!

This just shows people how delusional some can get. Yeah they have "The Bomb" and if they used them people would die. But if they now think they can wipe us out. I rarely go off the skids but...

BRING IT!

My words exactly

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The only thing they are going to "wipe" is their own butts with their own bombs.

I see NK as one of those pesky chihuahuas they bark and bark, but you know what, never give them your back because they are sneaky.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
3 letters for ya. EMP

If they made everyone focus on the wrong target and then blew up some very easy to make and very cheap also, emp bombs in major cities it would cripple the US. Effectively this would wipe us off the economic map and back to a 3rd world country.

This video shows the effects of emp. It also talks about how a nuke being blown up in the air ( like if we stopped it before it could hit the US) would cause an emp shock wave that would blow up circuits very far away from the actual explosion. If big enough and it went far enough, I would hate to see the effects of an emp blast that hit the west coast.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by whoshotJR]

[edit on 24-6-2009 by whoshotJR]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well... Apart from both nation's powers I cant see how you can underestimate NK like that and laugh.

What you should be thinking is... why does the US make threats against their nuclear program, Lil Kim ignores the US and keeps hes own way and the US stands still doing nothing? Empty threats?! And why does he say he will erase the US off the maps and the US doesnt do any "preemptive" crap like you love to do... maybe theres a lot more to korea than mmets the eye and you, "the people", have no idea.

Maybe they do have the power to obliterate the US, maybe they dont... one thing is certain, the US have no capability of actually entering NK to do anything. Topography is not one of US "fortes"... see vietnam for reference... you pretty much lost a war against a couple of poor guys, badly equipped dressed in rags. The US supremacy means NOTHING in NK.

Either way, if the US doesnt respond its just because their been called and their chikened out inside or they know that a "response" will make massive damage on their side. Lots of troops and means are away in the other part of the world, the terrain is not helping either... better stay quiet. And IF they stay quiet they will look pretty weak to the eyes of the world.

We all know the US only picks fights with smaller countries... now I for once would like to see the US taking a beating so they lose their lousy foreign policy, the way that they think they rule the world and still have the "holier than thou" face and stop policing the damn world.

I say... NK, do what you have to do, stop barking and start biting... US prove that you're up to it and that you are indeed the world's superpower (which we all know you're not) and stop backing up like chickens and face NK once and for all. Either way we'll see a new dawn when its over.

Let the games begin!

(I bet the US will chicken out like they always do with NK)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Sad thing is while some of us say things like "oh ya right with 6 bombs lol" we need to realize that our gov't will need just one bomb to be used on America and there will be martial law, internet will be shut down and well it will be such an event that Americans will probably lose what rights they have left.

Look how much was lost after 9/11 imagine if a nuke goes off. Good lord.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Yep, $10 says this stuff has been planted around the US for at least nine years, maybe more, no telling how many ties they may have to anti-American groups. If conflict does break out and China sides with NK they effectively can shut down the American economy, I see that happening a lot sooner than a nuke strike. Think about how many companies went out of business within about 18 months of 9-11, a lot more won't be able to survive even a short period of no income. The old rule of thumb in business is that five days of nonproduction effectively will kill your business within that period.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Yep, $10 says this stuff has been planted around the US for at least nine years, maybe more, no telling how many ties they may have to anti-American groups. If conflict does break out and China sides with NK they effectively can shut down the American economy, I see that happening a lot sooner than a nuke strike. Think about how many companies went out of business within about 18 months of 9-11, a lot more won't be able to survive even a short period of no income. The old rule of thumb in business is that five days of nonproduction effectively will kill your business within that period.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

The high altitude air burst you mention would preempt a first strike and would take out satellites, an interesting idea because that is going to destroy US military communications as well. Last year I interviewed some members of a ham radio group and they extensively discussed how the government incorpoates clubs all over the country in emergency rescue groups because soldered communications units and not the current quartz-based technology will be the only thing to survive an EMP caused by either a nuclear blast or solar radiation. On the day I met with them they were discussing future drills in preparation for severe solar storms NASA has predicted to occur no later than late 2011, a scenario I think may be the biggie that other people theorize will be in 2012. One of the members said they expect it to be so bad that airlines will not be able to operate and the Internet very well may fail. I have an idea that is one reason digital conversion was pushed a. of the technology since it effectively freed up most of the airwaves for emergency use.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
One false move and we'll wipe them off the face of the earth.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Here's a link to the blue ribbon panels report to congress on EMP-2004.

www.globalsecurity.org...

Let's not forget that Iran has been working with NK on nuke/missile tech. Iran recently sent a satellite into orbit which is basically ICBM tech. With both technologies, it only takes one shot at the right altitude to bring down a large portion of americas electrical infrastructure. It would be like returning to the 1880's except we don't have that lower level tech around anymore. So pretty much stone age, which america just isn't ready for.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by almeister 5000
Alot of you are making jokes about this but just stop and think for one second how bad it would be if a nuke even a small one made it to a large populated area. How many people would die, and how long it would take for the radiaton to go down.

Also the international tensions caused would be through the roof and could cause a war, a big one.

If I didn't laugh at some of this stuff I would have sprayed my brains on the wall a long time ago. Like a poster above said, "Americans have a lot on the plate." Now I'm not talking about the big wigs, or those rich ass hats that make up our CEO's and bankers (either was he/she I am assuming). No, I'm talking about every day Americans. I'm talking about the Americans who couldn't give a crap about what happened in today's markets. The Americans who are just looking to work hard and support their families. These same Americans are the ones being hit hardest by a weakening dollar, rising oil prices, and the bigger badder taxes a coming. I have my own business, and sometimes I think it just isn't worth it. Where's the reward!? Bah...sorry for the rant.

POINT: Point is if there are Americans laughing at this (I did) then who can blame em? Every damn channel has something with the end of the world on all day long. News cables keep ranting about our financial ruin. So! Throw in a few nukes! Bah! Truth--the only way a nuke hits U.S. soil is if the NWO wants it to. The masters of the freaking universe that they are.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Xtinguish]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
EMP can be done on the cheep without a bomb.

A handheld Megger can take out everything in a building.

Low cost Tesla coils can be setup for a single intense burst before they fail.

Recently lines have been "accidentially" cut. A test run perhaps.

We live in an open society, we can be taken out with a few well placed low tech approaches.

Put 1K operatives in the US with nothing more than than running electrical cords into well placed data lines then walking to the next building, and we would be in the stone age in a day.

that might be a threat if China were motivated, but they have financial interesets of their own, they are part of the global economy.

On the other hand North Korea is about to become a crater via the extremely conventional Bunker Buster, and I don't think they have the operatives.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
TextTextText Green

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
I guess there is no way Russia or China could be secretly aiding the NK regime right? I mean after all China and Russia need us more than we need them? They are our friends right? LOL. The naivety of the American public is hilarious.

In the unlikely event China would take NK's back in a battle with us, India would have ours and run over China like a bowl of rice. I agree with others that the biggest threat is to SK. Kimshungrung is definitly following the past trend of stomping his feet untill we through him a treat but I really believe that between old age, health problems with nodought a touch of oldtimers, he just may be nuts enough to try something militarily. I by no means want to see good people losing their lives, but I hope it does come to a . and I get to see how my M1A2 SEP does in a good tank vs tank battle.
Speaking of, did NK get those mod'd T-90's they where after?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join