It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens to wipe USA off the map

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

North Korea Threatens to wipe USA of the map

news.yahoo.com

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea threatened Wednesday to wipe the United States off the map as Washington and its allies watched for signs the regime will launch a series of missiles in the coming days.

Off China's coast, a U.S. destroyer was tailing a North Korean ship suspected of transporting illicit weapons to Myanmar in what could be the first test of U.N. sanctions passed to punish the nation for an underground nuclear test last month.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-6-2009 by bakednutz]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This is almost funny to a certain degree. Is the North on a suicide mission? I just dont get what they are trying to acheive. The planned missile launch will be intercepted by the Navy and it will show how futile their attacks would be in the future. Can someone else let me in on what they are trying to do? Is it the international attention?

news.yahoo.com

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

with 6 bombs?

[edit on 24-6-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

oh man!

This just shows people how delusional some can get. Yeah they have "The Bomb" and if they used them people would die. But if they now think they can wipe us out. I rarely go off the skids but...

BRING IT!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm curious to see what new toys the US breaks out if this thing goes down (hopefully not).

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
They have some bombs but they have no way of getting them here to the mainland. There comments are totally pointless.

+27 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
We will wanch ower wockets at USA, Americans must cower in fear of North Kowean supwemacy and militawy supweority. We will melt you with ower wadiation bombs.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

with 6 bombs?

Yah, and only 0.5 of one will make it here.
Seriously, has N. Korea ever had a successful strike with their 'missles'? I'd honestly would like to see them even try to blow the U.S. off of the map. The U.S. would respond with 'Fat Boy 2', dropped from the 'Enola Gay 5'.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Oh no!!! They have finally developed technology thats only over half a century old. I'm not looking forward to them emailing their threats in 2020.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz
They have some bombs but they have no way of getting them here to the mainland. There comments are totally pointless.

No you're right I guess there is no way to smuggle in a suit case nuke or chem/bio weapons when we have such a porous border to the south of us. Let's face it America is a sitting duck with the way things are. NK may pose no threat conventionally but it's very scary to think of them selling nukes or chem/bio weapons to terrorists. Or sneaking stuff in themselves. Not all crazy people are stupid. Remember that.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I guess there is no way Russia or China could be secretly aiding the NK regime right? I mean after all China and Russia need us more than we need them? They are our friends right? LOL. The naivety of the American public is hilarious.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

No you're right I guess there is no way to smuggle in a suit case nuke or chem/bio weapons when we have such a porous border to the south of us. Let's face it America is a sitting duck with the way things are. NK may pose no threat conventionally but it's very scary to think of them selling nukes or chem/bio weapons to terrorists.

True that.

I'd be more worried about the Chem/Bio than a suitcase sized nuke. It takes a great deal more hightech to create a tiny nuke. They are decades from that little stunt. They could do a dirty bomb that would kill thousands in like 6 months to a year from radiation poisoning.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Ah god - this is just western propaganda.

NK is basically trying to defend itself from US imperialism by showing as much force as possible to deter attack.

The US has never attacked a nuclear armed nation - NK is hoping that historical fact will hold true.

Make sure you understand that the US is trying to provoke this situation - not NK.

NK is just trying to make itself look as dangerous as possible to scare off a US attack.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz

North Korea Threatens to wipe USA of the map

news.yahoo.com

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea threatened Wednesday to wipe the United States off the map as Washington and its allies watched for signs the regime will launch a series of missiles in the coming days.

Off China's coast, a U.S. destroyer was tailing a North Korean ship suspected of transporting illicit weapons to Myanmar in what could be the first test of U.N. sanctions passed to punish the nation for an underground nuclear test last month.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by bakednutz]

Who are North Korea's allies again? Russia and China right? By following along with popular opinion, then NK's "allies" won't be stepping in if there is a first strike by either side. But what if? What if Russia or China do step in? That would take the smug attitude out of a lot of people who think the US is untouchable by NK nuclear strikes. We are not out of danger simply because of who NK allies are.

I just wish this whole ramping up of threats and counter-measures would end. The world doesn't need another war or any of the wars that are going on now, or any of the wars it has ever fought. The world needs the Good Fairy of the North to appear in the nick of time to spread magic poppies everywhere. We'll all have trippin dreams about peace and OZ then wake up and realize war sucks for everybody except the ones who start them.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
No you're right I guess there is no way to smuggle in a suit case nuke or chem/bio weapons when we have such a porous border to the south of us. Let's face it America is a sitting duck with the way things are. NK may pose no threat conventionally but it's very scary to think of them selling nukes or chem/bio weapons to terrorists. Or sneaking stuff in themselves. Not all crazy people are stupid. Remember that.

Sure they could, but they wont. I guarantee it. There is always talk of that kind of stuff happening and it never does. If it was so easy to do it would have been done already by all the middle east haters.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Maybe North Korea is simply going to print maps without the U.S. on them? Makes more sense, no?

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Xtinguish]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
LOL! This is quite comical. I have visions of a little annoying yappy Jack Russell Terrier barking at the heels of a Tiger and being promptly swallowed whole.

IRM

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
Ah god - this is just western propaganda.

NK is basically trying to defend itself from US imperialism by showing as much force as possible to deter attack.

The US has never attacked a nuclear armed nation - NK is hoping that historical fact will hold true.

Make sure you understand that the US is trying to provoke this situation - not NK.

NK is just trying to make itself look as dangerous as possible to scare off a US attack.

And where is the proof that the US wants to provoke N. Korea? What would we stand to gain in that situation? And I suppose we are provoking Iran and so on and so forth? Get real......Not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

If the US starts hitting NK with DU shells or precision guided munitions, then I believe NK will nuke South Korea.

Of course I don't know. But what choice would they have? Just stand there and take it like Iraq?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
We'll all have trippin dreams about peace and OZ then wake up and realize war sucks for everybody except the ones who start them.

Yes, war: "Where the young and supid are tricked by the old and bitter in to killing eachother." -Niko Bellic 'GTA4'

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join