It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens to wipe USA off the map

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Many here are in the impression, that NK doesn't have the capability to do this. Actually they do, as does every other nation with a nuclear arsenal. You are thinking of a conventional attack, which would require a large quantity of nuclear warheads. Worst case scenario; they only need to sail unmarked tankers close as possible to US border but still within international waters, launch ICBMs towards the mainland, but instead of targeting cities, they try to gain altitude... Detonate the payload in THE AIR above US soil... EMP = instant stone age. Rest will fall apart by itself.

It could be pulled off with a single to two missiles. That is why, I believe, powers like Iran are really being pressured not to acquire warheads - they only need ONE.
Iran has actually practised this very scenario with their Sahab-3 missiles, it was even reported by Jane's Intelligence Service years ago.

We have here a scary, lone gunman situation. Although there is surely more, deeper stuff going on, but still...

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Deadpan]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

This is a very good example of why they don't need nukes in NK. But I fear that their confidence exuded comes from another source, not nukes born in NK, but elsewhere, another country with far more power and bombs, that NK is in cahoots with. Another scenario is that what if they have the means to have placed nukes within the US territory?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

Originally posted by bakednutz
They have some bombs but they have no way of getting them here to the mainland. There comments are totally pointless.

No you're right I guess there is no way to smuggle in a suit case nuke or chem/bio weapons when we have such a porous border to the south of us. Let's face it America is a sitting duck with the way things are. NK may pose no threat conventionally but it's very scary to think of them selling nukes or chem/bio weapons to terrorists. Or sneaking stuff in themselves. Not all crazy people are stupid. Remember that.

And not all stupid people are crazy. I wonder how many suitcase nukes you would have to smuggle in to get the to "wipe the US off the map"...that is a pretty big job for a couple suitcase bombs.....but if they could aim at us from over there....maybe....if we didn't see them...or i guess if we let them destroy half the country so we could go to war. wouldn't be anything new.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by tmmayer]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
NK is the Paris Hilton of the world stage, famous for nothing worth noting.

It seems Lil Kim likes to make a splash, to prove to his diminishing followers he can still make it in western papers & news today.

His threats seem incomplete and as well thought as an aging drunk with broken images of a failed regime he once controlled could conjure.

He knows he is fading as a man, as the inevitable grip of death cools his bones and self belief becomes insecurity. Like a sun belching plasma in its last moments, the iminent flash will be short and the memories of him shorter.

Though, in that dark and twisted mind lies the potential devious genius to use others arms against his opponent in last stance of defiance and misguided hate fueled violence to cement his name in history as the dictator that bombed the US.

I really doubt this would be allowed to happen.

Someone that respects no one, respects nothing.

Earth will be a better place without him, which is a sad comment and I regret having to say it as it almost makes me as bad but after all everything the universe provides should have a unique beauty. Unfortunately, not in this case.

Just another threat from a deluded bully.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
LOL! This is quite comical. I have visions of a little annoying yappy Jack Russell Terrier barking at the heels of a Tiger and being promptly swallowed whole.

IRM

I think you mean a Chihuahua because my Jack Russel would destroy a tiger.

It will be interesting to see how the US respond to this threat. I doubt Obama will make any form of press release to tell NK to shut their mouth and know their role ... but that would be cool.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
They do seem determined to press the self destruct button,unless they are sure of some pretty powerful allies joining with them..China?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
imo people should think a little deeper into this. if the facts dont add up, and its in the msm, why believe it? for all we know there is no north korean ship. and even if there is, it doesnt prove anything. have you not noticed that lately in the msm they are warning us of imminent attacks and threats from here or there? mostly from north korea?

you dont believe 9/11, but you believe this? for all we know none of this is really going on over there. and for all we know, which i honestly believe to be true, nothing has changed in north korea in the past few months. the msm and our govt are just trying to build them up with their BIASED coverage in order to use them.

i know one thing is for sure. if we get bombed, it is by OUR GOVERNMENT!!

looks like we are nearing a cataclysm. things are about to pop off. we had better start enjoying the little time we have left.

get away from your t.v.'s. stop giving them power over your minds people

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
North Korea is probably refering South Korea along with the servicemen stationed there that would be wiped out. I going with a bluff on this one because if Kim does manage to get a nuke on U.S soil, be it Los Angeles or any west coast city, he would be in for a nightmare. The American people might be weary from the two wars presently going on, but an attack on the U.S such as this would anger many Americans. Also, it is my understanding that the South Koreans don't like us being there either, so could it possibly be a double cross if it does come to war? I would say yes, I could never trust any Asian country to stay on the side of the U.S anymore than any other country around the world. I don't mean to come off as racist or bigoted or anything like that, but no matter how much the Asian countries may seem to dislike each other, one thing is for sure, they don't want the U.S or, any non Asian beating up on a fellow Asian country. This could indeed be the trigger that would set off the 3rd World War officially. I would say go ahead and board the ships, and maybe fire a missle close to the country where there wouldn't be anything that could be destroyed or result in lose of life. Open field, or a bay, just to get their attention with a warning shot. That would probably make us look bad if that did trigger a war, but I would say it's worth the risk to tell them we mean business.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

You are the kind of american that actually amuses me. So you've been to downtown berlin have you?
And won?
Are you crazy? You did forget to mention that it were the russians who allowed you to win the war. And by "you" I mean the "allies" of course because if the "usual forces" were in normandy by the time you had foot there you would have had no chance. The attack on the Atlantic Wall only happened because the defenses were short on men and reenforcements could not be deployed fast cause the rest of the german army was fighting somewhere else spread out in 3 fronts. And still you didnt go alone... if you did you would still had been slaughtered.

Second you know who captured berlin right? It wasnt you... it was russia with a grand total of more that 2 million men deployed there. You arrived a day later with your contingent with a "victorious" arrival and a triumphal entrance
go read how the US feared the SS and how the SS massacred a lot of US troops with a lot less troops on numerous occasions. The malmedy massacre comes to mind real quick if you ask me... where they killed every single injured / wounded american just by asking in english "are you wounded?" when the americans answered something in english, they would get shot on the spot. Now you know what it takes to be this vicious, this cruel? Its a level you cannot reach and you werent and still are NOT prepared to face.

Now lets talk about vietnam... so you deployed more than a million men there... and I'm not counting australia, new zealand, south korean, etc etc... and still the communist north not only managed to unify Vietnam under the same communist regime, but they managed to capture Cambodia and Laos! Result was clear north vietnamese victory... now care to explain WHERE were you so good in Vietnam cause I kinda fail to understand considering the outcome of that war.

As for the war in Korea in the 50's... well first you werent the only guys there... it wasnt US vs Korea, it was the UN (mmm a joint force under un resolution 84 composed with more than 20 countries) vs korea / china / russia... now if you really know your history NOONE won the war in korea... a cease fire was established AND the DMZ was created and its been the same till today. I repeat NO ONE won that war, a cease fire was established. Still... you dont want to compare the power of 50s NK with 2009 NK do you? Its actually BECAUSE of 50s NK that today they're powerful enough to NOT fear the US. They had almost 60 years to prepare to this event... go read what they've done quietly while you fought stupid wars all these years and you'll be amazed and scared.

Now what did americans win? Iraq? Afghanistan? Well you may say yes... but considering that they still die TODAY there fighting for NOTHING with their morale completly trashed wanting to go home and kids answering to reporters that "they dont want to be there" "they dont know why they're there" and my personal favorite "I just want to go home to my playstation" (yes go watch the documentary) and young men around 19 18 with their minds completely trashed already... man you have a weird vision of the US.

Oh and btw... if 911 caused all that chaos and fear, imagine what a single nuke in a major american city would do to all american people.

And dont worry about my survival... you have no idea who you're talking to - I was in the military ok? I know how it is, I know how it feels... which is a thing that you prolly have no idea nor even experienced and I hope you never do.

And I tell you... please learn your history. I know its not pretty and shiny but still read it just to get that "god-like" mentality you have and start to be humble a little.

To all americans, god-like or humble, I do advise to respect North Korea and not to underestimate their power.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
You may want to read up on history yourself. Your education is lacking.

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
You are the kind of american that actually amuses me. So you've been to downtown berlin have you?
And won?
Are you crazy? You did forget to mention that it were the russians who allowed you to win the war.

Allowed to win? That's interesting. And you totally forgot who was bombing Berlin from the air for years. Hint, it wasn't the Russians.

And by "you" I mean the "allies" of course because if the "usual forces" were in normandy by the time you had foot there you would have had no chance. The attack on the Atlantic Wall only happened because the defenses were short on men and reenforcements could not be deployed fast cause the rest of the german army was fighting somewhere else spread out in 3 fronts. And still you didnt go alone... if you did you would still had been slaughtered.

Duh, of course it wasn't a US operation alone. That's why we had "allies".
No one could have done that alone, French, US or British.

Second you know who captured berlin right? It wasnt you... it was russia with a grand total of more that 2 million men deployed there. You arrived a day later with your contingent with a "victorious" arrival and a triumphal entrance

Again, who was bombing Berlin way before the Russians stepped foot in that city. And you forgot that the Russians also had it "easy" like the US/Brits did in D-Day. They (the Germans) were fighting on two fronts, East and West.

go read how the US feared the SS and how the SS massacred a lot of US troops with a lot less troops on numerous occasions. The malmedy massacre comes to mind real quick if you ask me... where they killed every single injured / wounded american just by asking in english "are you wounded?" when the americans answered something in english, they would get shot on the spot. Now you know what it takes to be this vicious, this cruel? Its a level you cannot reach and you werent and still are NOT prepared to face.

Read up on the Malmady Massacre. It wasn't like some SS unit overran a US defensive position. It was 1st SS shooting up a bunch of POWs. Not really a brave sort of action; doesn't take much to shoot unarmed POWs.

Now lets talk about vietnam... so you deployed more than a million men there... and I'm not counting australia, new zealand, south korean, etc etc... and still the communist north not only managed to unify Vietnam under the same communist regime, but they managed to capture Cambodia and Laos! Result was clear north vietnamese victory... now care to explain WHERE were you so good in Vietnam cause I kinda fail to understand considering the outcome of that war.

The Troops were good. Just because the North won doesn't mean that they didn't fight hard. Find out the kill ration for SOG forces against NVA/VC troops.

As for the war in Korea in the 50's... well first you werent the only guys there... it wasnt US vs Korea, it was the UN (mmm a joint force under un resolution 84 composed with more than 20 countries) vs korea / china / russia... now if you really know your history NOONE won the war in korea... a cease fire was established AND the DMZ was created and its been the same till today. I repeat NO ONE won that war, a cease fire was established. Still... you dont want to compare the power of 50s NK with 2009 NK do you? Its actually BECAUSE of 50s NK that today they're powerful enough to NOT fear the US. They had almost 60 years to prepare to this event... go read what they've done quietly while you fought stupid wars all these years and you'll be amazed and scared.

*Yawn*. Yeah, NK is so powerful. Have you done ANY reading? Find out about ROK troops (those are the South Koreans). Hardcore little SOBs that will give the NK a run for their money.

Now what did americans win? Iraq? Afghanistan? Well you may say yes... but considering that they still die TODAY there fighting for NOTHING with their morale completly trashed wanting to go home and kids answering to reporters that "they dont want to be there" "they dont know why they're there" and my personal favorite "I just want to go home to my playstation" (yes go watch the documentary) and young men around 19 18 with their minds completely trashed already... man you have a weird vision of the US.

We pretty much took over A-stan with a handful of SOF troops.

And morale? What BS documentary are you babbling about? The only bitching I hear from over there is how US/Coalition troops are being hamstrung by BS ROEs. Cut them loose and let them do their job.

Oh and btw... if 911 caused all that chaos and fear, imagine what a single nuke in a major american city would do to all american people.

Probably unite them under a common cause.

And I tell you... please learn your history. I know its not pretty and shiny but still read it just to get that "god-like" mentality you have and start to be humble a little.

You better crack the books again.

To all americans, god-like or humble, I do advise to respect North Korea and not to underestimate their power.

Yeah, I'll take that under advisement.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
DENY IGNORANCE.

Imagine this is all fake news coverage , what if Lil ' kim is already dead....hmmmmm....

50% truth 50% perversions enough to make it one sides, I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I don't know how many of you watch The Daily Show but Jon Stewart did a great piece about Kim craving for attention because of Iran. The video is linked. It was really hysterical and everytime I see this thread it reminds me of it.

www.thedailyshow.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I just keep thinking that some other countries (china/russia?) may have already said they will assist NK if the united states does indeed attack first. Seems to me the NK has been trying to get us to attack them for quite a while now, and it will serve no purpose unless they have help coming from somewhere.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eitimzevinten
reply to post by bakednutz

Oh no!!! They have finally developed technology thats only over half a century old. I'm not looking forward to them emailing their threats in 2020.

Yeah and on a 56k modem of all things.

Seriously though, It is just more of the same"tough" talk from N.K. If they think they have anybody fooled they are gravely mistaken. To even attempt to nuke the US is a big mistake.

First of all, they have apparently 6 ww2 strength bombs. Those bombs would be attached to missiles that have proven time and time again to be incapable of posing any real threat... For god sake they always crash in the ocean!

IF the US issues a statement in response I can't imagine it will be much else than Obama laughing really hard. For god sake they have 6 bombs that wont be able to make it near us. If by some miracle they do we have the ability to intercept and destroy the missle before it causes us any harm.

We also have weapons capable of completly wiping out their whole country and we would only need on of them. Not 6. However I do not see us using them. If we were to retalliate we would use more convential weapons. Ones that would not trigger a world nuclear war... We would probably go in and bomb military sites and any other sites we suspect of having the ability to aid in the making of nuclear weapons.

Then we may just bomb the location of where Kimmy is. If N.K is stupid enough to try this, they Will regret it because we will show them just how to take out a country.... and we will show them with out a single nuke.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You're all going to die laughing....

Is it funny if your head is at the end of a barrel and there's a pout'y spoiled little brat at the trigger?

Is that funny? Should you blow that off?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
While the U.S., South Korea, Russia, and Japan are all scratching their heads about North Korea, China's been a little busy making sure they come out ahead:

Link: news.thomasnet.com...
June 25, 2009

U.S. and E.U. File Trade Complaints Against China Over Exports
By David R. Butcher
In a coordinated filing this week, the U.S. and the E.U. complained to the WTO that China's export duties on raw materials were distorting the global market and hurting their manufacturers of steel and other products.

The United States and the European Union on Tuesday filed separate complaints with the World Trade Organization (WTO) alleging that China is unfairly benefiting domestic industries by restricting exports of certain raw materials.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Look... seriously. If you cant see in what a pool of mess and in what HUGE problem you are on atm, you're crazy. You got threats from NK, Russia, China, Iran... You got troops scattered all over the world in no so "comfortable" situations... what you think you are? Rambo? If the *brown thing* hits the fan you are in really REALLY deep *brown thing*.

If you cant see that you're screwed if that thing blows up, you are blind. If you think the US can face all 4 together you are in need of psychiatric attention.

And for that South Korean guys... listen, NK has the power to obliterate South Korea in about 2 hours with chemicals only.

Wake up and start packing cause if it happens it wont be pretty John Wayne!

(and btw... its not ration, it "ratio", and "ratio" doesnt mean anything... they died more and still won the war... )

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Look... seriously. If you cant see in what a pool of mess and in what HUGE problem you are on atm, you're crazy. You got threats from NK, Russia, China, Iran... You got troops scattered all over the world in no so "comfortable" situations... what you think you are? Rambo? If the *brown thing* hits the fan you are in really REALLY deep *brown thing*.

If you cant see that you're screwed if that thing blows up, you are blind. If you think the US can face all 4 together you are in need of psychiatric attention.

Really? China and Russia are threatening the US with nukes? When was this; I must have missed that one.

What mess? NK is, once again, spouting off smack. I think they are just jealous that most of the attention is on Iran and their troubles at this time.

And for that South Korean guys... listen, NK has the power to obliterate South Korea in about 2 hours with chemicals only.

And you think that South Korea is just going to sit back and let that happen? Do you think the world would allow the NK army to unlease chemical weapons on civilians? If that happened, NK as a country would only be something you'd read about in history books.

(and btw... its not ration, it "ratio", and "ratio" doesnt mean anything... they died more and still won the war... )

Good catch. I fat fingered that one and meant "ratio".

It does mean alot; if you could, just ask the NVA that tangled with SOG. About 99.9% of the time, then ended up on the s**t end of the stick.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Well... Apart from both nation's powers I cant see how you can underestimate NK like that and laugh..........

Maybe they do have the power to obliterate the US, maybe they dont... one thing is certain, the US have no capability of actually entering NK to do anything. Topography is not one of US "fortes"... see vietnam for reference... you pretty much lost a war against a couple of poor guys, badly equipped dressed in rags. The US supremacy means NOTHING in NK.

I say... NK, do what you have to do, stop barking and start biting... US prove that you're up to it and that you are indeed the world's superpower (which we all know you're not) and stop backing up like chickens and face NK once and for all. Either way we'll see a new dawn when its over.

Let the games begin!

(I bet the US will chicken out like they always do with NK)

What a bunch of BULL ROAR.

As mentioned by a previous poster to this thread, the US Navy has full control of that area of the world. In addition to our Naval surface and air resources, we have the ultimate deterent in the Los Angeles and Ohio class submarines. They have kept the Russians and Chinese in the respective corners for many years. North Korea would not be a problem.

EACH of our 18 Ohio class SSBN/SSGN's Nuclear subs (Boomers) can independently strike 192 targets with the D5 Trident II Nuclear Ballistic Missiles with a yield of 475 kT each. There most likely 2 or 3 of these bad boys in the area allowing them to hit roughly 400 to 600 targets in North Korea if it ever became necessary.

In addition, the 51 Los Angeles Class Subs (SSN's) carry a full compliment of Tomahawk TLAM-C & D's and Harpoon Anti-ship missiles. 16 of these Fast Attack Submarines are usually stationed in the Pacific. With the increase in tension and threats by the North Koreans, we probably have a minimum mix of 4-6 of Ohio/Los Angeles Class subs in the area.

Flight time of their weapons systems to North Korea is measured in minutes.

If launched towards Hawaii, North Korea could be brought to its knees before it's missile randomly splashed into the Pacific.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well, who knew I could come here for comic relief?

I have literally been weeping with laughter over some of these
responses.

Hilarious, and totally right-on.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join