It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The MASON Checkered Black & White Floor... What does it mean?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelonious2

Originally posted by network dude

As for your philosophical question, The brother would turn himself in or I would. And if my brothers thought that I was in the wrong, then I would leave with my head held high that I did the right thing. Everything we do is to help children, there is no way any of us should be hurting children.

Again, if you have evidence of a crime, call the authorities. You seem to have completely forsaken your obligation anyway.

I agree with you. But do you see the inconsistency? If you reported him, you would be violating your obligation. Do you disagree with me on this point? If so, why?

I disagree because, It's my duty to look after those who cannot look after themselves. You should have asked this question to your grand lodge. If the brothers didn't see things my way, I would want no part of any organization that hurts children.

If you wish to be taken as a "man" of your word, I suggest you U2U one of the masonic mods here and offer your credentials to be verified. If that is done, I will very happily continue to discuss this and if offered enough evidence, will look into the charges of the Georgia Grand lodge. I am not afraid and will do anything in my power to do the right thing. But as of right now, you appear to be a very well read fake. My guess is you are the author who uses the name Sandy Frost and you are peddling your hatred for masonry hoping to get others to agree with you.

I will continue to show you the respect you have shown me and will happily apologize if proven wrong. But I am not convinced as of now.

Thanks and have a nice day.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The topic is "the checkered black and white floor"

It is NOT Masonic Scandals.

It is NOT Masonic news.

Please keep to topic.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Whatever kind of proof you would expect from him in return.

I am balance, neither on your side or theirs. Remember me.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Someone earlier mentioned the Beauceant as leading to the use of the checkered floor by the Masons. I'd disagree with that theory, but they do have correlating meanings. I wrote this over a year ago:

Simplistic in its design, but unique with its many meanings, the Beauceant was and is the standard of the Knights Templar. The Beauceant consisted of a black sec­tion above a white one. Note that some say it was hung from a perpendicular pole near the top of the vertical one so that both of the colors could be seen without any wind while the picture to the right shows it as if there was some wind animating it.

The etymology of "Beauceant" is not known, an unknown pilgrim around the 12th or 13th century, while visiting Jerusalem, stated:

when they go to war, a standard of two colors called 'balzaus' is borne before them.

John J. Robinson, author of Born in Blood, believed that 'beau' meant 'beautiful', and in medieval times it is said to have translated as 'glorious' or 'magnificent'. So in a battle cry 'beauceant' could mean 'be noble' or 'be glorious'.

The Beauceant is composed of two colors and divided between two sections of equal width; the upper half of this standard is black, the lower half white. These colors hold some strong symbolic representation, and I am immediately reminded of the 1st Degree Lecture where it talks about the Mosaic Pavement on the ground floor of King Solomon's Temple where we are told:

The mosaic pavement is a representation of the ground floor of King Solomon's Temple and is emblematic of human life, checkered with good and evil.

The colors of the Beauceant also remind us to be good and true to our friends and terrify the enemies of Christ. The black section can also depict the sins of the secular world that the Templar knights had chosen to leave while the second section was white depicting the purity that the order offered them, a sort of transformation of darkness to light.

To symbolize duality through the colors of black and white is quite ancient as most cultures see white and black as symbolic of good and evil. It has also been used as a comparison between the physical and spiritual world, male and female, and the sky and the earth.

The Beauceant was a rallying point during battles so they could easily regroup when separated. Knights were also not allowed to retreat or stop fighting while the Beauceant was flying.

As the Beauceant was such an important symbol that the Marshall would select a group of Templars to protect it, to be led by the Confanonier, or Standard Bearer. The Standard Bearer is still an officer in the modern Masonic Templars and whose duty it is to protect the Standards of our Order. Historically the duties of the Standard Bearer included being the paymaster and ensuring the equipment (to include the horses) were kept in working order. It should be noted that although he was referred to as the Standard Bearer he never carried the banner, but led the procession which carried and protected it.

READ MORE

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
Maybe it's an AF&AM vs F&AM thing?

Possibly. I know that New Jersey uses one of, if not the oldest, ritual in the United States. It has seen very little wording changes since its inception and still retains its 18th Century vernacular. So much so that we have a glossary in the back of our ritual cipher to help people with the vocabulary.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Does masonry ever call the lodge(s) holy ground?
and when the canopies change do they refer holy ground...?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
i take it leo taxil has gone off to do some home work

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

Whatever kind of proof you would expect from him in return.

I am balance, neither on your side or theirs. Remember me.

Honestly, absent the verification of a Mason I or someone I know knows I'm certainly not going to take an online word. The problem so far has been that while he claims on one hand to be this Mason of long and honourable background, he then proceeds to do and say things that no Mason of that kind of claimed background would. He claims to be a duck but cackles like a chicken and walks like an ostrich. So I'm thinking 'not duck'.

We've also had a pretend Mason come on ATS and link to a photo on a lodge website as 'proof' he is who he claims to be. But the trouble is that the he wasn't the person in the picture as became evident as he continued to weave his web of lies.

So with that as experience, you can appreciate that the word of an unknown, unverifiable claimant on the Internet isn't really all that useful

HTH
Fitz

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

How would one prove oneself a Mason in an online setting? Especially if one is an EA or FC? U2U me if you like; I'm curious...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Whilst black magicians use the Mosaic pavement to build respite... and to further implicate 72 demons found in goetia... my Cowan experiences taught me that the Mosaic pavement is used according to the canopies as a thing of mourning. In black one mourns and on white one serves mourners. Its why I ask if they are a thing known as holy ground... r they?
Black magicians ask for a chance at life eternal for every tear and drop of blood contained in holy ground. A more for the death if found. Instead I play as if I were Moses and ask that one listens to the song of God one time for each drop of blood and for each tear and for the ensuing death of the martyr. All one can account for on holy ground which in the lodge,I imagine, is the Mosaic pavement. Also... the tree of life and burning bush are tools of respite wherein the white magician prospers... if unclear about my post ask me to clarify and ill try furthering my cowanry lol
edit on 16-5-2013 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by IslandMason

How would one prove oneself a Mason in an online setting? Especially if one is an EA or FC? U2U me if you like; I'm curious...
I would think a start is to simply state what lodge you belong to. After becoming a MM you could always present a picture of your dues card I guess...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I myself am a Freemason and the floor represents the on going struggle between good an evil.

Jordan.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Symmetry,

apply to how and what however you will. (Good/Evil; Positive/Negative; Male/Female ect.)

end thread.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeofZero
Symmetry,

apply to how and what however you will. (Good/Evil; Positive/Negative; Male/Female ect.)

end thread.

No.

There is a specific meaning, which has been covered. I'll simplify it: Essentially, as we go through life there are both good and bad. virtue and temptation, happiness and sorrow, honesty and fraud. The pattern on the floor (or in the case of our lodge, a small rug) is there to remind us that, while both exist, and sometimes circumstancelife places us in the wrong place, we should always do our best to stay on the "white" or "positive" side. That's it.
edit on 19-5-2013 by IslandMason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

No.

There is a specific meaning, which has been covered.

He is partially right. My state's ritual specifically mentions 'good and evil':

The Mosaic Pavement is emblematical of human life, checkered with good and evil.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeofZero
Symmetry,

end thread.

No.

There is a specific meaning, which has been covered. I'll simplify it: Essentially, as we go through life there are both good and bad. virtue and temptation, happiness and sorrow, honesty and fraud. The pattern on the floor (or in the case of our lodge, a small rug) is there to remind us that, while both exist, and sometimes circumstancelife places us in the wrong place, we should always do our best to stay on the "white" or "positive" side. That's it.
edit on 19-5-2013 by IslandMason because: (no reason given)

Reminds me very much about what Albert Pike wrote of the 32nd degree.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
BOOK OF GOSSIP....

CH.12 V.4-6:
The black and white tiles represents the worthy and unworthy.
black for the unworthy and white for the worthy.
They feast on baked toddler and battle it out on the level to see who gets the best part.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It occurred to me that doing things right is not the same doing the best you can. It would seem to be that those who find themselves struggling to do the best they can are simply not doing it right.
Sounds simple eh? Help me to correlate and eloborate on this idea...
Freemasons are suspect in this notion. It almost implicates this and several other forums.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

When I joined my Lodge I was always told that it was good v evil, day v night. In other words equals and opposites etc.

However one one occasion and during a ceremony (uk) we often pass round polo mints to sate any appetite before the festive board and for those of us that do not remove our gloves it can be tricky to retrive said mint from the wrapper / silver foil.

Needless to say on this occasion during a lull when the Candidate was outside restoring himself to his personal comfort a brother was attempting to extract a polo mint from the wrapper when it shot off and bounced onto the tessalted pavement and started rolling across the Lodge much to the Master's amusement when he stood up and proclaimed "I'll have £20 on the black"

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Its the duality. From Soloman's temple on. They run it like dark and light, good and bad, choices to make.

The North Pole on Saturn. The two interlocking pyramids, one slavery and dark hat realms, and one the inverted challice, for equality abundance and progression of all souls.

Joachim and Baoz the two pillars of the Temple.

The Power of Love versus the Love of Power.

But in reality the true duality is Flesh and Spirit, Mother and Father, Right and Left Hemisphere, Conscious/Subconscious.

And here: www.spiritofthescripture.com...

The Hebrew name Jachin means strengthened, upright, firm and stable. The Hebrew name Boaz means strength, power, and source. When you put these names together, you would get something like:

“My house will be established in source and strength.” Remember, this house is you!

There is no need for dark side choices at all, and I'm sure the dark hats running this shadow government don't want that known, they want minions choosing their side, and try to make it about unalterable choices, permanent sides. They always want to convince people they must choose when all choose Love in the end and there is no balancing dark hats, save for those who need to return to happiness.

They themselves need to turn away from the edge of the abyss for the trainwreck they've made of their lives if they've ever harmed someone or given orders for this. And they can, its not cut and dried. Love would not wish them to be in that kind of pain, if they are truly ready to turn this around and strive for forgiveness and Love.

edit on 18-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join