It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The MASON Checkered Black & White Floor... What does it mean?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Fitzgibbon

oxford
reply to post by laughingdog

You'd like to be someones Pawn! Are you a Sadist perchance lol
Its not healthy you know

Methinks you meant a "masochist".

A masochist says "Beat me!"
A sadist says "No!"

HTH

Fitz
Sorry, I'm not into S&M. "I love being someone's pawn." Was my off the cuff attempt at humor, which obviously failed, but, on further review of said quote, it does sound a bit masochismic. Checkered floors, gotta love em!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The checkered floor was considered "racist" in our Lodge (black representing "evil", white representing "good"), so we painted all the black squares pink. But that sparked outrage from local LGBT groups (I have NO IDEA how they found out, someone in our lodge must have tipped them off). So then we explained to them that pink does not represent evil but merely the other side of the Cosmic duality, the alternative side. We also received complaints from our conservative lodge members that the pink floor looked "gay" and "too feminine" so now we have settled for blue. Prince Hall Lodges have solved the issue differently, simply by defining the black squares as representing good and white as presenting evil. This, of course, has drawn criticism from the ku klux klan and other civil rights groups. So what to do?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Fitzgibbon

oxford

Its not healthy you know

A sadist says "No!"

HTH

Fitz

And who are you, so wise in the ways of sexual perversion?

Exactly what kind of things go on up north?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I vote you switch to mother of pearl and white. Then nobody is really "evil", just perhaps a little misguided. We wouldn't want to offend any criminals now would we?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

That's hilarious! If it was me . . . would have said it was charcoal grey not black

Yesterday stumbled upon this interpretation, which was interesting . . .

There are two types of initiates: black and white. By white we mean someone who is eliminating their ego. White relates to purity and sanctity. By black we mean someone who is not eliminating their ego.

quote from: gnosticteachings.org

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Don't they use alot of mother of pearl inlay in Mosques?

back away from the mother of pearl ... slowly ... don't make eye contact ...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Voyager1

And no Mason is or should be above the law. Committing a crime makes them unworthy in my mind.

WHAT?! That is ridiculous!

reply to post by network dude

You have no idea

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Skyfloating
The checkered floor was considered "racist" in our Lodge (black representing "evil", white representing "good"), so we painted all the black squares pink. But that sparked outrage from local LGBT groups (I have NO IDEA how they found out, someone in our lodge must have tipped them off). So then we explained to them that pink does not represent evil but merely the other side of the Cosmic duality, the alternative side. We also received complaints from our conservative lodge members that the pink floor looked "gay" and "too feminine" so now we have settled for blue. Prince Hall Lodges have solved the issue differently, simply by defining the black squares as representing good and white as presenting evil. This, of course, has drawn criticism from the ku klux klan and other civil rights groups. So what to do?

A perfect example of why Freemasonry should remain private.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Skyfloating

Most of ours are red by the end of the evening. Kinda solves the problem.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

network dude

Fitzgibbon

oxford

Its not healthy you know

A sadist says "No!"

HTH

Fitz

And who are you, so wise in the ways of sexual perversion?

Exactly what kind of things go on up north?

When the Interweb kicks out, ya hafta have something to keep yourself amused.

Fitz

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
DUALITY - Yin Yang - Good/Evil - Cain/Abel on and on

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Widows Son

Widows Son

And where do you get this information? I can almost bet you are not a mason and you probably heard or read that from someone else who was not a mason, who got their information from someone who was not a mason, and so on. Being a mason and having heard and given the Entered Apprentice Lecture, where the checkered floor is explained, I am 100% positive of its meaning.

I want to read the quote, anyway you got link for it??
edit on 22-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Privy_Princess

Thanks for posting, it was seriously weird in a rather dark way but an interesting point.

It said the pattern represented the merging of the two worlds (because it represented a form of inter-dimensional travel).

Interesting, hadn't heard that definition before.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join