It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The MASON Checkered Black & White Floor... What does it mean?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I'm starting to see it more an more in every Hollywood movie.

But I can see what it means now.

Good vs. Evil

I think this is where we shake hands.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
ive read that the checkered floor refers to chess, the game of kings. Kinda symbolism for power and maneuvering before striking.

i could be wrong on this.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Well... that would still imply that symbolizes a battle.

But overall I think it symbolizes Good vs. Evil.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
or playing the "black" and the "white" simultaneously with one hand.
working the "good" and "working in the shadows" as Cheney would put it.

/shrug//

if you only control the "good" then the evil is your adversary.. and not within your control.

if you control both then you can direct the outcome of the game.

ie. Brzinzki's book "the grand chess game" or board or whatever it's called.

or what's that quote from Brando in Apocalypse Now..
"you must make a friend of Horror and Moral Tyrrany.. otherwise they will be your enemy."

-

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Wow... that makes more sense.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
i thought chess immediately. then a set designer who likes traditional floor patterns....then lazy set designer. then a floor that was easy to reuse in other movies....so i dont know. i think people read into metaphors too much sometimes.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The Mosaic Pavement is "to remind us of the uncertainty of all things here below: to-day we may tread in the flowery meads of prosperity; tomorrow we may totter on the uneven paths of weakness, temptation and adversity".

It's to remind us of the fickleness of life, that there are no guarantees one way or another.

HTH
Fitz

CX

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Is there really something sinister behind black and white chequered floors?

Jeez, that means most of the families i know are in some evil society then because black and white chequered flooring is a common one here.

My girlfriend has it in her kitchen

Could it not be that it's just a cool colour combination?

CX.

CX

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
To contribute a little more to the thread other than my baffled musings....

Just found this which may be of interest to some....apologies in advance to any masons if the info is wrong, i know little about the subject.

The Checkered Flooring

CX.

Mod Edit: Fixed Link.

[edit on 24/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Because as you walk through life, you cross good and evil. Life is checked with good and evil. That's what it means, in a nutshell.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The Checkerboard floor is a symbol for Black and White Magic.
The Symbol is used for communicating to those who speak without words.
At the tower of Babel, God confused the languages. Symbol communication was the way to beat God at his own game. The origin of the classic "Authority Problem".
DWT

[edit on 24-6-2009 by dntwastetime]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

And where do you get this information? I can almost bet you are not a mason and you probably heard or read that from someone else who was not a mason, who got their information from someone who was not a mason, and so on. Being a mason and having heard and given the Entered Apprentice Lecture, where the checkered floor is explained, I am 100% positive of its meaning.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Widows Son

The UGLE (Emulation) Entered Apprentice lecture states that, being variegated and chequered, the mosaic pavement points out the diversity of objects that decorate and adorn the creation - the animate as well as the inanimate.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
EDIT - Typing parts of books is not allowed.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Hazelnut]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

So you are the eye on the pyramid? You have reached the zenith of masonry and are 100 percent sure you know it all? Lmao. If you are on this forum and are a mason then you are playing in the sandbox of masonry, guaranteed.
I never claim to be a mason like you do. Jordan Maxwell is the reference.I think he knows a little bit about what he is talking about. Anyone who claims to be a mason needs to prove that your not a little old lady in a assisted living facilty with a laptop and too much time.
A wise man once told me" No matter what we think we know we really know nothing."
Masonry is compartmentalized with over 360 degrees ,I doubt you are illuminati revealing the secrets you swore to uphold. Did you not join this site like 3 days ago???? LMAO big tyme.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime

Anyone who claims to be a mason needs to prove that your not a little old lady in a assisted living facilty with a laptop and too much time.

And how do you suggest that we do this?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The MASON Checkered Black & White Floor... What does it mean?

Hi/

Well to be quite honest, I think it means that they have bad TASTE in furnishings!
I could be wrong, since it is only my opinion.

ICXN
helen

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
EDIT - Typing parts of books is not allowed.

Pity you deleted this post. It was really interesting.

Couldn't you write the ideas again in your own words (and give credit to the author, of course)? I found them really interesting.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Black and white checkered foor ??? dare you say !!!!

.... personally I think its alot less sinister than you think.

Perhaps they all get drunk, .... dress up as chess pieces, .... and have a life sized game. ...... but as everyone knows, a life sized game of chess is hardly ever finished, ... as it usualy ends in an orgy.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
the checkered floor is a combination of Sion and the 9 templar's with Hugues de Payens as the center and the Magical number 5,
also turns into an 8 pointed star. since i'm at work do not have the info with me but will load later.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join