It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The MASON Checkered Black & White Floor... What does it mean?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

.... personally I think its alot less sinister than you think.

Oh that's right, I clearly remember writing that I thought it was sinister.

I just said it symbolizes something.

Can people stop putting words in my mouth.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
what ? ... haha, I didnt mean you personally. take it easy my friend, ... come ere, ... lemme rub some lotion on that back.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
ive read that the checkered floor refers to chess, the game of kings. Kinda symbolism for power and maneuvering before striking.

i could be wrong on this.

yeap, probably because for them, they rule the world by moving pieces in the right spot, and by doing the right actions.If that makes any sense..

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Duality , good bad black white, then you add the human variation on top of that ,

its just symbolism/metafor,

the sqares reprecents "the choises in life"
standing/walking over them symbolizes the illumination of knowing
you are master of your own choises

?

if it has something to do with chess then they are all slaves to the board cause no one walks freely not even the queen.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Why have a chessboard that doesn't measure 8x8?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The Checkered Floor represents dimensional travel.

Watch this:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Privy_Princess]

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Privy_Princess]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
THe checkered floor has a lot of significance for the free masons, check it here

www.arrivals.technocrazed.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by smartintentions
THe checkered floor has a lot of significance for the free masons, check it here

In how many threads are you going to post the same useless response?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I'm not sure what all the hub-bub is. The only "significance" the checkered floor (which is actually called the Mosaic Pavement") is this:

"The Mosaic Pavement is a representation of the ground floor of King Solomon's temple, and is emblematical of human life, checkered with good and evil.

As the steps of men are trod in the various and uncertain incidents of life, our days are variegated and checkered by a strange contrariety of events, and our passage through this existence, though sometimes attended by prosperous circumstances, is often beset by a multitude of evils, therefore is the Lodge furnished with Mosaic work, to remind us of the precariousness of our state on earth. Today our feet tread in prosperity; tomorrow we may totter on the uneven paths of weakness, temptation and adversity.

While this emblem is before us we are instructed to boast of nothing; to have compassion and to give aid to those who are in adversity; to walk uprightly and with humility; for such is this existence, that there is no station in which pride can be stably founded; all men, in birth and in the grave, are on a level.

While we tread on this Mosaic work, let our ideas return to the original, whence we copy, and let our every act be as the dictates of reason prompt us, to live in brotherly love."

(Source: The Kentucky Monitor; Grand Lodge of Kentucky, F&AM)

It's just a symbol. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I just watched some of these guys other videos and this stuff is the most paranoid stuff I've ever seen. I especially find the ones where they analyse music videos funny... lmao.

Also about 80 percent of the video clips and quotes they use in these videos are taken WAY out of context.

Do some real research people, watching videos on youtube is not real research. People are so spoiled with youtube and documentaries nowadays that no one actually reads and does REAL research. Its quite sad.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

You say you've noticed the checkered floor appearing in blockbuster movies. I was wondering if you had noticed any other masonic symbolism within hollywood films?

www.youtube.com...

I think that video should clear a few things up for you.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaMind

did you ever see that movie? it is a spoof. Great movie for that type of thing. But it is just a movie. I could probably come to your house and find the same kind of symbolism somewhere. Would that make you evil, or make me creative? Hmm, I wonder.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Are you kidding, did you watch the entire video? I could agree that its just coincidence if the same three basic principles of symbolism weren't present in other major hollywood movies, but they are. Total Recall, Minority Report, Blade Runner, The Matrix, even Burn After Reading. The list goes on, and when you know what to look for you can spot the major Illuminati productions with relative ease. The video literally spells out the three major themes, but if you missed it I'll list them for you.

Every scene is based on:
1. Sun, Pyramid / Triangle
2. Male / Female regeneration &
3. Luciferian / Sun worship

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It represents dualism, which in Freemason symbolism is not limited to the checkered floor. As above, so below. It's not so much that a Mason happens to encounter hard times after doing good, rather that practitioners are reminded to do commit both good and evil acts in order to reap a net profit.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I think it has something to do with vision/seeing. 3 years ago something happened to me and was then diagnosed with schizophrenia AFTER noticing things about reality and posting on the net about it and getting an addition to my vision where now when I close my eyes tightly and wait in a few seconds I started to see a flickering checker board pattern. I've seen people morph their appearance, turn 2 dimensional like posters right in front of me, vanish, become completely other people, seen diamonds in the sky like ufo's, monster looking thing hugging me in my sleep, and on and on and on.

I think there's something very high tech going on with this world and something really likes to mess with a persons mind and life for some reason.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Quote: Jeez, that means most of the families i know are in some evil society then because black and white chequered flooring is a common one here.

My girlfriend has it in her kitchen

See - close to the KNIVES. She could be on to something.
Be careful... very careful. She could be a "sleeper" I fear...

You may end with an apple in your mouth and in the oven before you even knew that THEY came for you and your last thought might be then: "The checkered floor... oh nooo... I could have known... aghhhhhhhh... ".

If I hadn't told you friend.

A

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

I'm not sure what all the hub-bub is. The only "significance" the checkered floor (which is actually called the Mosaic Pavement") is this:

"The Mosaic Pavement is a representation of the ground floor of King Solomon's temple, and is emblematical of human life, checkered with good and evil.

As the steps of men are trod in the various and uncertain incidents of life, our days are variegated and checkered by a strange contrariety of events, and our passage through this existence, though sometimes attended by prosperous circumstances, is often beset by a multitude of evils, therefore is the Lodge furnished with Mosaic work, to remind us of the precariousness of our state on earth. Today our feet tread in prosperity; tomorrow we may totter on the uneven paths of weakness, temptation and adversity.

While this emblem is before us we are instructed to boast of nothing; to have compassion and to give aid to those who are in adversity; to walk uprightly and with humility; for such is this existence, that there is no station in which pride can be stably founded; all men, in birth and in the grave, are on a level.

While we tread on this Mosaic work, let our ideas return to the original, whence we copy, and let our every act be as the dictates of reason prompt us, to live in brotherly love."

(Source: The Kentucky Monitor; Grand Lodge of Kentucky, F&AM)

It's just a symbol. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

What is quoted above is the truth behind the black and white floor. I am a mason and was a master of the lodge. There's no dark sinister secret. You folks sure no how to run with an idea no matter how ludicrous it is.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk

What is quoted above is the truth behind the black and white floor. I am a mason and was a master of the lodge. There's no dark sinister secret. You folks sure no how to run with an idea no matter how ludicrous it is.

"The Blue Degrees are but the outer court or portico of the Temple. Part of the symbols are displayed there to the Initiate, but he is intentionally misled by false interpretations. It is not intended that he shall understand them; but it is intended that he shall imagine he understands them. Their true explication is reserved for the Adepts, the Princes of Masonry." (Morals and Dogma, p.819)

As Albert Pike confesses above, most Masons are completely clueless concerning the meaning of the symbols.
edit on 12-5-2013 by thelonious2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
To negate the rise... what service can be pure like the popes.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thelonious2

As a 32nd degree Scottish Rite Mason I know what Pike is referring to but I believe this passage has more to do with promoting the Scottish Rite among the Brethren of the nineteenth century, who had perhaps heard of the AASR but didn't know why they shoud join yet another Fraternity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join