It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Discovery At Local Farm!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
My husband works with a policeman. He told him just a bit ago, that a local farmer went out this evening to check on his cattle and found a last years calf laying dead in the field, the meat cut off the bone. Field dressed if you will. This is America. Not only that, this is small town middle America, and people are going hungry and getting desperate!!
But we are to believe that the economy is on the mend! I call a big fat BS!!!

My husband said "how in the world could you arrest someone for trying to feed his hungry family". That is if they find them. Would I steal to feed my children...yes I dare say that I would! These types of crimes are only going to get worse, as more and more Americans lose their jobs, as gas prices continue to rise and the cost of food skyrockets... I truly never thought I would see these things in my lifetime. We are in for one hell of a ride folks!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Isn't this why we want to keep our gun laws in place?

So, that when people steal our things in bad economic times, we can kill them?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
That's truly upsetting. I never thought I'd see things like this in my lifetime.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lellomackin

I have guns out the wazoo, but I have never pointed one at another human being. If some crazed lunatic posed a threat to my family, then it might be a different story. But that is why I own a big ass biting dog!! I like to think that I would only use a gun towards my fellow man as a last resort and then as I stated, only if my family was in mortal danger. I would never pump someone full of lead if I walked out and caught them stealing my chickens!

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I have mixed feelings about this. As you, I would do the same to prevent my family from starving but did the person, could they have asked the person first?
It takes a very hard soul to let someone go hungry.

Of course, I have no idea if the person asked but if so and the answer was no, there must have been others to ask.

Was it sheer desperation or a failure to overcome pride and ask?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

You make a very valid point. I am sure that pride was a big factor in not asking! I know that the area in which I live is full of deer, all matter of wild game. Of course there are no seasons in at this time and I doubt the person could afford the license anyway. I have wondered why not poach a deer..well that takes ammo, you ain't gonna sneak up on a deer and cut its throat! I hate to think that anyone is going hungry in the used to be land of plenty!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Would i steal to feed my family?

Oh but YES!!

If that's my last recourse, i would do it from the supermarket, not from live stock or from anyones home. That doesnt make it any less criminal, but i could learn to cope with my actions.

We get real edgy when we are hungry.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
How do you know that this person who did this was feeding his/her family??

Things like this have been happening for years around here...certain ethnic groups rustle the cattle and sell the meat and other parts,and their family's hunger has nothing to do with it...simply greed..

Where I come from...you knock on the damn door and ask for help..you'll always get it that way..try it the other way and you're just another criminal stealing from good people.... and yes...if you are caught you will likely be shot at..

edit for clarification

[edit on 17-6-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

This man said that this had never happened before and I would think that if he did to sell, he would have taken more than one calf...thats just my opinion though! I have chickens myself, and I can tell you is someone came to my door and ask me for one because they were hungry, I'd give them two, along with some eggs!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I moved to a small town in TN a few years ago and there use to be so many deer and turkeys running around it was hard to drive without having to stop to let them cross the road. Now your lucky to see one, people are hunting to survive more thenhunting as a sport around here. Had some people arrested Rustling Cows last month.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

We're the same way here...if you are in genuine need, you'll probably get more help than you want...but, if you try to steal it, you're literally risking your life....That's a big part of why I live where i do

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It used to be a common practice among the better off folks with farms or gardens to leave a little spare food lying in the open so hungry people could take it without being called thieves, which also avoided the need for confrontation. Or leave it in the field where it "fell," not a bad idea if you can do it. If things do get really bad people may percieve you are looking out for them and they may keep troublemakers off your property.

I'd keep pets locked up though, there seem to be more and more reports about missing cats and dogs and I doubt the gators are getting all of them.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It was reports last week of increased cattle stealing in parts of the west, due to the crisis.

The way they steal cattle now a days is a easier way than back in the days.

And they take them straight to the auction places for money. This becoming a big problem.

I wonder when the people are going to start hijacking the food supply while been transported.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well, around here all the cats are missing
for real.

But now that i think about it, my neighbors chickens havent been coming by for about a week now...hmmm....I usually feed them so they come by every morning.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I live in a small community and have heard farmers talk about pigs being stolen out of confinements.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Dg here in Ga we have plenty of game and the wild chickens can do with some hunting.

But cats? now that is sick.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

It used to be a common practice among the better off folks with farms or gardens to leave a little spare food lying in the open so hungry people could take it without being called thieves, which also avoided the need for confrontation.

What a wonderful idea.

I remember growing up that people who hitchhiked on rail cars used to come to my grandmothers door for a handout and she always gave them something to eat. I later learned that they left signs for others to follow for a handout. It really doesn't matter. Though she was what most of us call poor she always had enough to give to someone who was hungry.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

I was thinking the same exact thing.

Unless there was a sign that said
"Oh hey sorry I was hungry, had to feed the kids!".

Things like this have been going on forever for all kinds of reasons maybe it's new to your town but not new what so ever to the US.

I think that this is left up to a persons perspective
lets say this happened to a UFO enthusiast it would be
"OH MY GOD ALIENS KILLED COW IN MY TOWN WITH LASERS THAT CUT THE MEAT OFF THE BONE!!"

Or if it happened or was told to someone who was heavy against or into the occult "OH NO SATANIST KILLED A COW IN MY TOWN FOR A SATANIC RITUAL!!"....

And the list can go on whatever floats your boat the most is what you're going to first associate these things to, well some people.

No one knows why a person does these things until it comes from their mouths and to give them an easy excuse like this is rather faulty when it comes to the world of police and even more so could damage the investigation.

Oh and if SHTF people are going to need to learn to get by and not depend on live stock anyway you're either not going to be "lucky" enough to have it or it's going to so contaminated you're not going to want to eat it.

For those who are really worried about this they should look into what I like to call indoor farming, or indoor gardens that they can make sure the soil is clean and pure and also have climate control and light control, and it's inside so someone would have to come in and take it.
I haven't invested in this yet as there's no need to yet.
Also get the basics beans, rice and some greens and reds/yellows then you have everything you could need and also stock up bags of rice and other grains it will be hard at first to reduce food consumption to things like this even more so for the over consumer but if you learn moderation early you will be able to cope a lot sooner and more be more comfortable without hunger pains and head aches, also if you feel you can't go without taste stock up on simple spices or those little packets of flavors where you just add water they have a long shelf life and are cheap and will help psychologically as well so things don't get to mundane that's a big part of what a food crisis is going to impact on Americans who once had it "easy" they psychological impact because must of us don't realize what a minimum of food we can actually live on.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by pop_science]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Thing is I sense this was more than just a mercy killing for the sake of the hungry kids. These were criminals that did something so dark and dispicable it is unreal.

You can buy a steer for under 80 dollars, less than a few cases of beer. These people were derelicks of the lowest measure.

I understand what it is to go hungry and I also know what it means to share what I have with others less fortunate, but who ever did this will probably never get caught or pay the farmer for their loss and that is wrong on every level.

It is clear from the Op however that you know as well as anyone that we have not even begun to see the bottom drop out of the dollar nor widespread starvation that cannot be staved off by the local church or food pantry.

I will protect what I have here in the country, I will also share what I have with those I can.

Thing is, if those people went to the farmer and said listen I am starving and I need some food, I was tempted to take a steer and just gut it so I could eat, but wouldnt you rather give me some work to make some food?

There is ALWAYS work to be done in the country and in farmlands. Food is a fair trade.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I have a new thread about scores of negative energy surging right now DG, the cat thing made me think about it just now. Seriously there are some truly demonic energies happening with this waning moon.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join