It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Call To Prayer In Your Hometown

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I personally don't see what the issue is.

I have absolutely no problem with hearing the Muslim call to prayer any more than I do church bells... or any other calling to prayer and worship.

What other calling to prayer are you referring to exactly? The church bells have been there since before you were born so the bells can object to you but not you to them. The issue is simple this call to prayer will be forced on people who pay taxes there and do not want to hear it. If the muslims want to hear it they should go into the mosque and listen to it.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by jackflap

Come on for Christs sake think about it will you.

We are a nation of 350 million people of all religions and none... we have a long standing tradition of tolerance (honored unfortunately in its absence sometimes but at least the ideal is there)... No one is going to invade us and force their religious laws down our throats...

I mean really... the whole issue is a supposition.

For it to happen our system would have to be crumbling already and that is true for the Christian Reconstructionists as well.

Use your brain.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by grover]

So you say, but did you know that a muslim man who beat his wife senseless up here in Canada cited Sharia law and nearly won his case which set precedence here that Sharia law could be used in a defense which means down the road it will evolve into more. Look at the progress our countries have made in the last 100 years, see it, remember it 20 years from now because it will be gone and we'll be living like they do those countries. One poster responded to me that they live well in Saudi, Qatar etc.. and they do but they all have money and follow the laws of the land there if they don't they are punished harshly, if they are allowed to live. This is the beginning and they are already trying to get the local govt. to agree to force it down the throats of the unwilling majority in that state. What is next?
Most disturbing is the religious text they use advocates violence towards those whom choose not to believe, a big reason to be weary of advancing their agenda.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Most disturbing is the religious text they use advocates violence towards those whom choose not to believe, a big reason to be weary of advancing their agenda
reply to post by habfan1968

So, how different is this from xtianity ?

perhaps it's time we had one all encompassing law in relation to the the matter at hand -

If yahwehs bell needs ringing, then let Yahweh ring it.

If jehova needs bums on seats, then let jehova knock doors.

If jesus has a mesage for us then we'll reserve a box at speakers corner for him.

If Moronai has good news for us then he can pick up the phone and call the press.

If Allah wants us to come to a mosque then he can shout from the sky.

There you go nice and fair everybody wins, we can all then get on with getting along and let the gods in the sky do their own dirty work.

Will never happen will it ?

Why ?

Religious people simply do not want to get along, they are too lost in their delusion.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I lived for over a year near a mosque and was awakened many a morning by that disgusting noise. They blast their chant too loud, they have poor quality speakers, the noise reproduction is/was poor, all the mosques were the same. They were a menace, at best a pain to hear. You can't imagine what that is like at 6 AM till you wake up hearing it!

It's noise polution. Just like being forced to listen to someone's speaker blasting disgusting boom, boom, R&D, rap or whatever it is. And 6 oclock in the morning??? Please!

Not in my town!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If this happens in my city, I hope they like rotton tomatoes and whatever else we feel like throwing.
Perhaps some old shoes or left over pork chops.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Nobody should be broadcasting anything at 6:00am in the morning or 10:00PM at night.

It's not a slam against a religion, it's a slam against noise pollution.

To me, it's no different than a bunch of college students parting loudly at 2 am. It's just not considerate of your neighbors.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
Im Athiest...
I do not believe in any god what so ever, not allah, not jesus, not horus, not santa.

Having someone put up speakers and blaring their holy crap is plain BS.
A church goes ding, dong... not ALLAAAAaalAALALAAlaalalalalaa....

Give me a break people this is AMERICA, ONE NATION UNDER GOD....
Cant we keep it that way? Thats the way it used to work, now its broke...

[edit on 16-6-2009 by R3KR]

So your an atheist, but you want to keep America one nation UNDER GOD?? You are no Atheist.....and if you are, you are not a very good one.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Guess what? We CAN object to the bells because they are forced on us too. I don't want them but they happen anyway. You can't have it only one way just because the bells were there before I was born.

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

So are you ok if I throw tomatoes at a church when the bells go off?

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I hate it when I see people resort to the whole pork thing to try and offend muslims, I mean how childish can you be lol.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I live in metropolitan Detroit, so I know where Hamtramck is.
I also remember this story and know that it is not a new story. Doing a search it seems that the story has been widely circulated on the internet.

I guess I am wondering why it keeps going around, I imagine those who live in the area have come to terms with the broadcasts, so why do we need to rehash a story that happened years ago?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
Guess what? We CAN object to the bells because they are forced on us too. I don't want them but they happen anyway. You can't have it only one way just because the bells were there before I was born.

-Kyo

You and your friends can object to the bells but since you live in a largely Christian town, city or State you will not be able to stop them because the majority of voters would not vote to stop them. If the majority of the people in the Town, City or State do not want to heat the "call to prayer"on loud speakers then that should represent he will of the people and should not be allowed, religious freedom is not being oppressed in this instance simply asking the mosque to keep it inside is reasonable. The bells are not being forced on anyone you are free to move to an area where the sound does not bother you, the bells were there before you and have been for a long time more than likely. No it would not be o.k to throw tomatoes at the church but really you don't have anything against the bells do you? If they really bothered you , you would have moved away by now. Allowing the loudspeakers leads to more liberties being taken by them and against us. One thing I think you may agree with , would you agree that one Religion should not publicly oppress another religion?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pendekar

Again, "Allah" does not mean god 'ilah' means God. Allah is the NAME of the deity of Islam.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

It doesn't surprise me at all really as I am used to this thinking. Majority doesn't equal right. See what happens here is that the majority has their ways. The majority then says "Well of course you can have a mosque in this town...as long as I don't hear it, see it or know it is there."

That's utter BS in my opinion. Frankly I am also surprised you pegged my town as mainly Christian without even knowing who I am or where I live. Now I will not lie and say that it isn't but that is a heck of an assumption. Personally I think the whole idea of the majority running it all and not letting others have a say is ridiculous when the last I checked religion wasn't supposed to equate to politics. That's why I am glad to see these little victories for homosexuals and Muslims and anything other than white Christian males between 25-50 or whatever the actual demographic of power is at this moment.

This country needs to do more waking up as it already has because we all may be free but we sure as heck aren't equal.

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I live in metropolitan Detroit, so I know where Hamtramck is.
I also remember this story and know that it is not a new story. Doing a search it seems that the story has been widely circulated on the internet.

I guess I am wondering why it keeps going around, I imagine those who live in the area have come to terms with the broadcasts, so why do we need to rehash a story that happened years ago?

Please do tell. You lived in the area so you must have had a pretty good idea of what everyone was thinking and saying. If you could remember some of your conversations about this story at the time it was happening we would love to read them.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Pakistan Authorities “Attack” Christian Cemetery, Church (UPDATE) Thursday, June 11, 2009 (8:03 am)

The unrest in Okara came shortly after elsewhere in Punjab province Pakistan Railway authorities reportedly confiscated a church building after Muslim leaders complained about the church ringing its bells and using loudspeakers to call Christians to prayer. Rights group International Christian Concern (ICC) said the St. Andrew's Church in Lahore was seized on April 28. ICC said however that Christian Railway employees have been protesting the confiscation "vehemently" for the last several weeks. The local Church Committee reportedly said authorities originally granted Christians written permission to use the building on Sundays for worship services. "However, when the church began using its bells and loudspeakers to invite Christians to morning and evening prayer services, Muslim leaders complained that the church was interfering with their five-times a day call to prayer and thus insulting Islam," ICC said.

This is how they deal with the problem in their own land.

On April 28, Christians reportedly arrived at the church to find the doors sealed shut with a notice prohibiting anyone from entering the building. "Christians responded by conducting a hunger strike and demonstrating in front of the Lahore Press Club for the next several days," ICC said. The stand-off apparently continued Thursday, June 11 with Muslim officials "trying to obtain permission to demolish the church so that they can build another mosque," the group added.

www.bosnewslife.com...

Aren't they the tolerant ones? They shut down the Christian Church because of the bothersome bells. Then they demand to knock it down and build a mosque. We wouldn't allow that here and they know it. That is why they are slowly assimilating us I believe.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by jackflap]

[edit on 20-6-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Pastors Arrested for Use of Loudspeakers: Compass Direct News 28 May 2009 ISTANBUL. Police claim amplified Easter Sunday service defamed Islam. Nine pastors from two neighboring villages in Pakistan could face prison time for using loudspeakers to broadcast prayers and sermons from their churches on Easter Sunday.

europenews.dk...

You guys are right. We'll just keep allowing them to do their thing and when they want us to quiet down we will. When they say jump we'll ask, "How high?".

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Religious freedom does have certain boundaries. For example, you are not allowed to kill because of religion, nor are you allowed to create public health menaces in the name of your religion.

When i was in Saudi, the Muslim prayer calls were blasted at the base I was on, and they would occur quite early and late. Very disruptive, very noisy. We often had to stop conversations or turn radios up louder just to hear. Of course, it was a Muslim country, so there was little we could do, since it was their country, and we tolerated it.

However, in the more civilized world, we have zones and ordinances regarding noise pollution and public disturbances, as well as a dislike of preaching. I think that loudspeakers are in great violation here. Not only are these things loud, but the speaker is often preaching or reciting Koranic verse as well, which basically, is forcing many people to listen to religious messages that they do not wish to hear. And the fact they start so early (in Saudi, they often started at 4 in the morning) and end very late at night, makes a public nuisance.

The local Muslims can go to mosque and pray and do whatever they like. No one is infringing on their right to worship. However, they do not have the right to infringe on others rights to peace and quiet, and not to be subjected to religious noise and preaching.

It's the same with people who crank up their stereos or throw loud parties until all hours of the morning.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Ok fine...loud speaker=noise pollution...so does that bell. I am not exagerrating just for shock value either...It's loud and annoying

Jack...ok so that is how a FEW Muslims deal with things...shall we go over the myriad ways the Christians show their 'tolerance'?

How about we blow up a few more abortion clinics or maybe tell every if they are gay they can't be our equals.

or maybe...just maybe we can tell people that the bells stay but you silly Muslims take your chanting elsewhere

now THAT is tolerance

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I'd just get some loudass sound-speakers and blast some Black Metal their way, calling Satanism as "my religion." Any complaints to noise will be fought back with the "they can do it, so can I" attitude.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join