It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians sue for right to burn gay teen novel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Thanks for dropping some knowledge on us Hunka!!
Funny how many Christians know so little about the actual content of their own freakin' book man.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be ironic that the generation of turning away from the church would be the violent ones not the ones they call sinners? I mean how ironic that God, a creature they claim loudly would allow subtle terrorism and fascsism in a land that decided pleasing God was secondary to ruling the world. What if this God is really just kind of uber everything yet average but detailed? Kind of like a know everything, since we are fragments of him/her/it - it only makes sense to me.

And why would a God, A: need to proclaim loudly his godhood?
B: Make something then oppress it with fear?
C: Destroy and manipulate?

Sounds all too human if you ask me. If we are in his image, its certainly not our shapely pudge dripping from these mangled bones. Its a motion invisible to the eye. A pattern and construct found by Tesla and used to show that just using the mathematical logic and a lot of relaxation near nature can release what you already know. That is Jesus, That is Buddha, That is sidhartha. That should be everyone. Wouldn't it be funny if humanity needed to be the harmony that the earth needed during these times. Meaning we are creating our own spiritual vortex and end. Through apathy, mockery, classism, and false dogma ex machina.

I dont think when God states that in the bible : "sleeping with a man as one sleeps with a woman is detestable." That sounds like a human opinion, why would a God who created the sexes, and nature which lacks perfection, then tell it to not do something..not logical. Not practical.. lacking all what we would state are properties of Godhood.

In my opinion, since the world is so ful lof them. Would be a system where God is outside and we are inside. God uses a psychic interface to ping the universe, sending out signals of maintanence and repair, we interpolate them in our psyche through action and progress through time. Our punishment for being us? Or a gift of being outside infinty, a gift to be respected?

[edit on 13-6-2009 by mastermind77]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
Israel. There is probably a really interesting reason besides the man Israel dying, that he named it Israel. Look at the word closely. I S R A E L IS REAL.

You just named the true cause for the coming Armageddon.

Originally posted by Witness2008 to watcheashes
Christianity and Judaism have a rich history of persecuting those they do not like. I hardly see them as the persecuted.

Putting these to forces on the same team and the whole world is doomed/persecuted.

ie: Christians United For Israel

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Go about 1:00 into this;

Real World story in my sig line.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Why is this news? Seems pretty simple to me. A bunch of Jesus Freaks go and buy 100 copies of the book, burn them at a Jesus-BBQ, and everyone goes on about their lives. Who would you even go to for permission for a book burning? Why would you need permission? All this attention is going to do is get more attention for the author and more book sales for the book which is probably completely counter what they're trying to do. You gotta love the hardcore Christians, they are the most backwards people out there.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Yeah you make a great point here! If you look at this issue with the mindset of one of these hardcore Christians, they may actually be advertising the book, thereby giving it a larger audience, which in turn may actually create more evil homosexuals in the long run!!

Any good Christian will tell you, if you read a book about gays, you are more likely to become gay.

Ridiculous Christians.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
As a Christian I don't believe a gay person is any worse than any sinner.We all sin and fall short.My only problem is I don't want it taught that it is a lifestyle choice to children in elementry school.I also believe a gay couple should have all the rights as straight people,I just don't believe it should be called mariage.It is like doing crack on the alter.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The problem is that gays demand to be accepted by Christians. The Christian Bible says that homosexuality is a sin against the Creator God. So homosexuality will never be an accepted lifestyle to true Bible believing Christians.

As for book burning, I don't care if they burn the book or not. What's the point. If you try to force a homosexual viewpoint on me I will counter it with my own. If you don't like gay literature, don't read it, just like if you don't like the word of God don't read it. If you like gay books go get one. I like the Bible so I have one and read it often.

I also believe that the gay extremist agenda is nothing but a hate crime in it's entirety, IMHO.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

First I can see how their collective perception is being damaged as is their sense of mental well-being as they struggle to come to terms with a world that no longer views their peculiar indoctrinated morality as a guide stick anymore.

I can certainly appreciate how they feel that the loss of political power and prestige that fall from grace entails.

This further illustrates how religious movements are not about spirituality but about perpetuating class struggles and political power.

The belief that a loving homosexual or lesbian is a moral and physical danger to society is an incredibly false, politically self-serving one that in and of itself represents a far greater danger than any real risks associated with alternative sexuality.

In reality the sensitive and sensual nature of such alternative thinking and inclined people is often one that lends itself to self awareness in self and others, an appreciation for esthetic beauty and increased empathy and consideration for all peoples faced with the stigmas and adversities of overcoming and persevering in overcoming the adversities and hardships in a world were ‘scarcity’ of resources ranging from food and water to justice is perpetuated by the wanton greed of the ruling class that uses religious morality to justify and quantify its own shortcomings and crimes.

Yet on a deeper and even more fundamental level here in the United States of America whose first and founding citizens sought refuge and quality of life under ‘Nature’s’ G-d and not Rome’s version of a Hebrew G-d, Mother Nature herself often exerts a power that is not entirely independent of false and manufactured religious doctrines and dogmas but is likewise tasked with trying to maintain a natural balance in the greater ecosystem that the vanity of humankind has tried to supersede at times to more often than not disastrous and harmful consequences.

Humankind for all it’s ‘collective’ brilliance and wisdom is despite that a primal animal species who by Nature’s insistence is hardwired to propagate for its own ensured survival.

Naturally as opposed to morally, propagation takes on many forms through primal impulses to the human’s sexual drive and urges.

Yet Nature in its wisdom as opposed to mythical deities formulated by humankind is always tasked with keeping a balance for the overall well being and viability of the ecosystem.

An over bred species no longer becomes constructive to the natural ecosystem but destructive in its parasitical nature as it uses up the ecosystems natural resources, plant, animal, and mineral, in excessive dosages.

One of Natures cures to slow down and correct this process is something a little more user friendly than war, and it’s called sexuality.

Nature itself will curb the primal desire to copulate for the sole purpose of now excessive propagation as primal urges for social herd acceptance then change into homosexuality, lesbian, and a-sexual tendencies to help reduce the excessive and parasitical destructive numbers.

For those so naïve as to think Nature does not have this power, there are several recent examples in the animal and marine life kingdoms were species hunted and fished to near extinction by humans that no longer have sufficient numbers to reproduce through a traditional mating process have been mutating and becoming self reproductive creatures that no longer require a mate to create the fertilization process to recreate itself.

Our forefathers were wise enough to found this nation under ‘Nature’s G-d’, it might serve humankind well to begin to understand there is nothing natural about a vein, jealous, and vengeful G-d as defined by Abraham through humans who imagine what Abraham defined that G-d to be and argue about it excessively and violently for political power and ends.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Gay extremist agenda??? You mean marching down the street with a big rainbow flag and holding hands in *shudder* public? I'll have to ask my gay friends about their "extremist agenda", as I have yet to hear about a gaybomb going off anywhere.

As for the other person who just stated that calling gay marriage a marriage is like "smoking crack on the altar", that is a pretty ridiculous comparison if you ask me. The institution of marriage in and of itself is a joke nowadays, as more than half of all marriages end up divorce. Sacred institution??? I think not.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

The "Gay extremist agenda" would be what exactly?

I see an eventual acceptance of Gays by the christian community when the christian community finally recognizes the rights of women.

The bible is a work of fiction with not one iota of anything substantial to back the claim of it being "God inspired". The bible does however inspire the hob-goblins of small minds.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
...This is why im a satanist. I dont have to fear anything... or be narrow minded. I accept everyone for their animalistic nature and carnal desires. It really isnt satanism... its humanism.
Anyway, enjoy your gay witchhunt christians!!

-Z-

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Now I want to read the book.

Thanks Christians for your book idea.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
This further illustrates how religious movements are not about spirituality but about perpetuating class struggles and political power.

Once again PPT, you have nailed it!

Whether it be gay marriage, gays in the military, abortion, prayer in schools, creationism taught with evolution, sex before marriage, censoring all media, pushing us to invade iraq and now iran... theses are no-brainer non-issues that have simple rational answers/solutions, made into issues by a bunch of misguided gullible possessed script-following goodie-two-shoe busy-bodies. We have these bible-thumpers tying up a hug amount of our time, energy and money ... that would otherwise be spent resolving the most pressing issues of our day.

In further reflection on the amount of human resources that have been lost in the past over women's rights, civil rights, derailing education and science... these types of people should be allowed to vote (note they are responsible for ushering in the neo-cons). In sum... collectively they have done nothing but rob us of our progress and humanity as a people/society/country.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by debz325
I just don't believe it should be called mariage.It is like doing crack on the alter.

The 'state of marriage' existed before the Bible did.
show me in the Bible, where it talks about "Marriage"?

If you don't educate yourself, you propogate ignorance.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by debz325
I just don't believe it should be called mariage.It is like doing crack on the alter.

The 'state of marriage' existed before the Bible did.
show me in the Bible, where it talks about "Marriage"?

If you don't educate yourself, you propogate ignorance.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Who knows why they think they need to sue for the right to burn a book?
Maybe they are being overly cautious but by doing so it only brings more attention to the book.
Maybe they want to burn the book today before it becomes a critically acclaimed, Oscar nominated movie tomorrow, like all other flaming Hollywood movies of late.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by Alxandro]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Honestly, if Christians weren't doing stupid stuff like this on a daily basis, I would miss it. Who doesn't love watching these looney toons getting all huffy about homosexuality?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Marriage in America is full of Christian beliefs.That is why people are against it,not because they hate gays or think that they should be punished.They see it as maybe slippin in our churches.Although the church [unfortunatley] has bended there rules on divorce and other things.Why cant they have all the perks without calling it marriage?I will tell you why,it is to piss off the religious sect.I guarentee that it would be voted for if they called it anything but marriage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join