It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians sue for right to burn gay teen novel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
The Bible has the only God that makes any sense.

[edit on 6/13/2009 by watchtheashes]

Golly, you've obviously got a completely different version from any of the versions I have!

The easiest solution is to not read the book, or are they going to target all the 'gay sex' magazines as well?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Freedom of speech on both side here folk's.

They should NOT have to fight for the right to burn this book if they want.

It's there American right to go in a field and set all they want to buy ABLAZE..

key word they still have to buy the book's to burn them..and in turn the guy still gets money from it lol

So it's still a win win..

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

They're not suing for the right to burn their own copies, they are suing to have the copy in the public library burned, which is outrageous.

I respect their right to promote their views, and do as they please, but dong so with public property is not the way.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

My dad always noted that book burners actually did authors favors.

The obvious reason being- To burn they book, they must first buy it. If the author cares about income, he/she doesn't mind his book being burned.

Its nice to see a counter part to the ACLU, in which we can also laugh at their bias

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I 'm glad they have better things to do then Be peace loving christians? right? I mean lets burn and Breed hate. In the name of the lord.

I trust In the "The Creator Of All Begining" and these Gays and What not are just "confused starchildren I think" who can't let go of their past life Gender? Makes sense if you believe n this sortof thing? right?

This is the life I was given to do my helping with? so thats how I live?

maybe? I dwell in posability?

rehab

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
How are they christian? I was always taught that christians (true christians) were understanding of other peoples faith/non-faith/beliefs/life styles.
I was taught to be tolerant. To even call themselves christians is hypocracy. I thing the bible actually has something to say about that.

Freedom of speech.

Gotta love that Constitution. . .

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
Why did God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah? What kind of people are alive now?

I have a question for you...

Why do Mallard ducks turn gay?

Necrophilia among ducks ruffles research feathers

Ducks behave pretty badly, it seems. It is not so much that up to one in 10 of mallard couples are homosexual - no one would raise an eyebrow in the liberal Netherlands - but they regularly indulge in "attempted rape flights" when they pursue other ducks with a view to forcible mating. "Rape is a normal reproductive strategy in mallards," explains Mr Moeliker.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Ducks Unlimited and several other researches have also documented this behavior.

So how does that fit into your picture?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
Nate Silver has done a good job of compiling information and mapping this trend, he's not one of the best but I like his presentation because of how simple and to the point it is.

Are there any other stats other then these that you find accurate and relevant in Silver's work?... and who else would you recommend for such data crunching on this demographic?

[edit on 13-6-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
There is very limited information on the American Christian Liberties Union...the two from Kansas behind this movement. www.manta.com...

I find the actions of this little organization to be of a desperate and fearful nature. Politicians like Palin and Limbaugh whisper sweet nothings into the ears of people like this hoping to insight news making events and often resulting in violence.

What saddens me most is that children are raised in an atmosphere of book burning and hatred..not exactly what Christ was looking for.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Simply put, everything God has made, Satan has taken over...

therefore, God is a imperfect creator.

Therefore God is not perfection

Therefore God is not the God of the bible

Therefore the bible is pure fiction

Therefore, people doing things in the name of the bible, or any religion based on any part of the bible, is doing it for nothing

Lemme guess...God screwed up again by the whole free choice thing.

Its quite simple really. God wants you to be saved, but its your choice.
God is outside of time and space, nothing is outside of his knowledge, not even the future...therefore, God made you knowing you would not accept Jesus as savior and be damned for all eternity, making God sad...So, God intentionally made something that was designed without a doubt to fail.

What? free choice? we could have ended up differently? oh, then what your saying is God cannot see the future...therefore he does have limitations.

Love that catch22 that invalidates any and all aspects of the biblical God.

God is either then one of 4 possibilities.
He is a ignorant and limited God
He is a evil and cruel God
There is no God and its just a made up story to explain stuff early man didnt understand
There is a overall unity and consciousness which is in no way, shape, or form even remotely close to what the bible, koran, or any other type of limiting book says it is.

My guess is the 4th...but could be wrong.

Religion seriously hampers spiritual development...but I spose thats what it was designed to do.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
To all those homophobic Christians, I just want you to know that you are outnumbered. I don't like you guys, yet I do not want to burn your Bible or anything. If I did burn your Bible, you would probably kill me and my family against your moral beliefs.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
There is very limited information on the American Christian Liberties Union...the two from Kansas behind this movement. www.manta.com...

I noticed the same thing, here i was expecting to find a flashy website with all the bells and whistles, but instead all i could find was this business directory. Here's the entry for the CCLU in Wisconsin, not sure if they are affiliated with the one in Kansas.

What saddens me most is that children are raised in an atmosphere of book burning and hatred..not exactly what Christ was looking for.

This is also gets under my skin. Should be considered by law a form of child abuse.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
More gay-bashing by the 'morally-correct' Christians. I've got a question, why are we even paying attention to them? They seem to hate everything these days, and why is pretty much everything a sin? Seems like we cant even think freely anymore.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

As much as I hate the google microscope showing the world the details of my life I used it on that address. Sad stuff

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Talk about a truly bizarre story. And yet again another Christian bashing thread that attempts to show the actions of a small minority of Christians as reflective as the whole population.

You complain about a group of Christians being allowed to burn a book about gay teens hey? Go to Saudi Arabia and try writing a book about gay teens. I'll guarantee you it's not just your book that will get burned.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I agree with you on may aspects, SaturnFX.

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Simply put, everything God has made, Satan has taken over...

therefore, God is a imperfect creator.

Therefore God is not perfection

Therefore God is not the God of the bible

Therefore the bible is pure fiction

Yes the bible is pure fiction.

Therefore, people doing things in the name of the bible, or any religion based on any part of the bible, is doing it for nothing

Lemme guess...God screwed up again by the whole free choice thing.

Its quite simple really. God wants you to be saved, but its your choice.
God is outside of time and space, nothing is outside of his knowledge, not even the future...therefore, God made you knowing you would not accept Jesus as savior and be damned for all eternity, making God sad...So, God intentionally made something that was designed without a doubt to fail.

What? free choice? we could have ended up differently? oh, then what your saying is God cannot see the future...therefore he does have limitations.

If we are all the children of this so-called 'loving god', why is is that if we question his/her's/it's love we go to a place of eternal suffering?
And, if God made us in his exact same image, He must be seriously flawed. Just look at what we have become as a race.

God is either then one of 4 possibilities.
He is a ignorant and limited God
He is a evil and cruel God
There is no God and its just a made up story to explain stuff early man didnt understand
There is a overall unity and consciousness which is in no way, shape, or form even remotely close to what the bible, koran, or any other type of limiting book says it is.

My guess is the 4th...but could be wrong.

Religion seriously hampers spiritual development...but I spose thats what it was designed to do.

The true answer is #4. Religion sucks, it causes misery, and prevents any advancement in science.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Obviously there is alot of angst against religion on these boards, and with this story, but there is no need to bash Religion or it's people.

They don't know any better, they are the product of their environment. And looking at it from a subjective point of view, if most of these members are elderly, then they are very much set in their beliefs.

I may not agree with what they say, but I will defend their right to say it.

Ohh and religion and science once worked hand in hand to provide us with some of the best discoveries. One need only look up the Renaissance or the middle ages for that.

By today's standards, it would be a bit more difficult, but meh, there is always a way forward.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I plan to buy 3 copies of this book and distribute it to my teenage son and his friends.

It's a good thing the christians are up in arms about it otherwise I would have never known and would not have been able to support the author and get the book out there.

The funny thing is that well... the book exists so it's god's will that it exists. To those burning it.. you might directly piss off the supreme being and be in for a real hurtin! Use caution!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

The address given for the WI group is an empty lot. Having been a grass roots organizer listing empty lots as your place of business is a good reason for others that think in your terms to shut down the operation.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Talk about a truly bizarre story. And yet again another Christian bashing thread that attempts to show the actions of a small minority of Christians as reflective as the whole population.

You complain about a group of Christians being allowed to burn a book about gay teens hey? Go to Saudi Arabia and try writing a book about gay teens. I'll guarantee you it's not just your book that will get burned.

I hate to see threads spin off into wide sweeping strokes against religion as a whole. I AM curious what your opinion is on the subject?

How do you feel about Gay rights or burning a book that has homosexuality as one of the main elements? Why not comment on that as WELL as what you posted?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join