It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians sue for right to burn gay teen novel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Also it only takes common sence to know that Christians put a high value on Marriage.You don't need a education to understand that,so you should beable to grasp it this time.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by debz325
Marriage in America is full of Christian beliefs.

America is how old compared the the Bible?

That is why people are against it,not because they hate gays or think that they should be punished.They see it as maybe slippin in our churches.Although the church [unfortunatley] has bended there rules on divorce and other things.

Like where the Bible says eating Shellfish is an abomination?

Why cant they have all the perks without calling it marriage?
I will tell you why,it is to piss off the religious sect.
I guarentee that it would be voted for if they called it anything but marriage.

You're missing the point.

If a straight couple are joined in Civil partnership, it's still called 'marriage'.

Injecting some reason, surely, if so-called Christians were so dead set against Gay Marriage, then they would prefer Gay couples to be monogamous, rather than promiscuous.

I suggest you read the very real story in my sig.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by Bong Sau]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Why should the government be involved in marriage at all? I think that's ridiculous. It's not big brother's job to say who can get married and who can't. And that's not just for gays, but for everyone.

Government shouldn't recognize marriage. If two people want to call themselves "married," it should be up to their own faith and belief system to determine whether or not they can be. If some Christian church doesn't want to acknowledge that some gay couple is married, then that would be their choice also.

Government should also stay out of divorce. Why should my tax dollars be spent paying some judge to arbitrate the break-up of two idiots who got married for the wrong reasons? It's their problem, they made the mistakes, let them sort it out and let the judge spend his time and my money putting criminals in jail or setting innocent people free.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
my question is why do they need to sue in order to go buy a bunch of books and burn them?

Religious zealots crack me up

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If this was in a school library I could understand but its a public library. To that effect, I highly doubt they are pawning the book off on everyone with giant neon signs as if it is the library's main attraction. Doesn't every book have some kind of brief synopsis somewhere? Upon reading that, any sensible person with a belief like that would come to the conclusion that thats not going to be something they'd enjoy reading.

My disagreement with the lifestyle choice comes down to nature. No matter how much you want to glorify our existence, we are animals and our only purpose here is to "keep the species going". At the same time, there is a bit of an overpopulation issue in most places and seeing as they can't naturally produce any offspring, it's gradually becoming more and more difficult to protest said lifestyle choice. Now, If anyone said they were born to live that lifestyle, they're delusional. A little less PDA would also be much appreciated.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What is the difference between a legal court steps civil union and a marriage in a church?

Are gays trying to force churches who do not believe in homosexuality to marry them inside the church or are they simply trying to get a legal marriage certificate from the government?

I would think the government NOT allowing gays to have a civil union would go directly against the separation of church and state?

In regards to book burning it has to be one of the ultimate crimes against humanity. The ONLY way we exist as a advanced civilization is from the combined knowledge of all other generations before us. We are NOT born with information. We acquire it from the lives of all who lived before us. And we pass on all of our knowledge to all those that will come after us.

Until the time finally comes when science prevails over aging this is how civilization exists.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Let's sue the "Christian Civil Liberties Union" for the right to burn their bibles. Not just any bibles, but *their* bibles.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well... bibles do make excellent rolling papers. I'm just saying

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ahh book burning. A time honored pass time of ignorant idiots everywhere...Don't worry, these "Christians" are in good company. Hitler loved burning books and hated gay people too.

Hey if the cool kids are doing it, why not?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
The Bible has the only God that makes any sense. He works through nations and worldwide.

[edit on 6/13/2009 by watchtheashes]

I don't want this to turn into a Bible bashing thread but : Seriously?

The Bible has the ONLY God that makes any sense? I would say it is a perfect example of the opposite. This is all you need to know about Christianity to come to the conclusion that it contains zero rationality.

media.photobucket.com...

The only God that makes any sense within the context of what we know about our species history is probably the God of Pantheism or Deism. But even they cannot be proven to exist.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
Man should be with woman as is the law of nature[edit on 6/13/2009 by watchtheashes]

Wasn't there an article somewhere about HOMOSEXUALITY OCCURING IN NATURE?

Like in those gay penguins raising the abandonded egg, the countless gay dogs or cats etc...

So oddly enough, for whatever reason, it would seem that "God" has even programmed THAT into the crazy naturality of being.

FACE!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ssemaje Jhrvys

Like in those gay penguins raising the abandonded egg, the countless gay dogs or cats etc...

So oddly enough, for whatever reason, it would seem that "God" has even programmed THAT into the crazy naturality of being.

.....and there you touch upon the greatest logical fallacy.

If God is the "Creator", then isn't it Un-Christian not to trust in his work?

The Bible is the work of man.

Though it does say "Judge not, lest ye be judged".

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Kirkus Reviews:

In the fifth of her highly acclaimed Weetzie Bat books, Francesca Lia Block delves into the early life of Dirk MacDonald. Dirk, whom readers first met in "Weetzie Bat", has always known he was gay. Struggling with what it means to be different, he ultimately learns to accept -- and love -- himself for who he is. "Block's writing, always passionate, dazzles here...[she] displays brilliant, original vision that makes all her books unforgettable".

From what i know of Jesus, he would be cool with this... no?

[edit on 13-6-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I wasn't going to bring this up, but did anyone else originally read the headline to this thread and think to themselves, "It's about time somebody burned Twilight?"

[edit on 13-6-2009 by mattifikation]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You can't demand your rights and deny someone else theirs.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It's pretty hilarious, Christians acting like they created everything. That's a good point that one of the previous posters made about marriage being around long before the bible. I would also like to add Christmas to the list of things that Christianity did NOT create, as Christmas was an extremely popular pagan holiday celebrated throughout Europe. You Christians just came along later and highjacked the whole thing, just like marriage.

And to whomever mentioned immediately thinking of Twilight when seeing this headline---HILARIOUS!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

HUZZAH!!! If you didn't mention it I was going to. I have posted this before and it bears repeating. ALL Marriages should be henceforth converted into domestic partnerships with the same rights and priviledges once enjoyed by marriages. Domestic partnerships will allow for any union of two induviduals for the purposes of sharing wealth and income and promoting the prosperity of their family. That should satisfy all people involved.

At that point, Christians can marry, Pagans can handfast, Furries can, um, do whatever furries do and they can all file for the same domestic partnership license.

BTW, I also think just as in corporations and the like, this should be treated as a legal entity in and of itself complete with an agreement of terms and by-laws by which the arrangement can be dissolved and property split thereafter.
You know, just to overcomplicate it.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
The problem is that gays demand to be accepted by Christians. The Christian Bible says that homosexuality is a sin against the Creator God. So homosexuality will never be an accepted lifestyle to true Bible believing Christians.

And this is why Christianity as well as Islam is antithetical to a secular society.

They both believe they are the ultimate authority to what is right and what is wrong.

Homosexuality doesn't have to be accepted by Christian Americans for them to accept the right that the same system which allows Christians the ability to worship according to their mythos allows others to live their life according to their own.

As for book burning, I don't care if they burn the book or not. What's the point. If you try to force a homosexual viewpoint on me I will counter it with my own. If you don't like gay literature, don't read it, just like if you don't like the word of God don't read it. If you like gay books go get one. I like the Bible so I have one and read it often.

I also believe that the gay extremist agenda is nothing but a hate crime in it's entirety, IMHO.

Hate stems from the frustration of presumed oppression. And I see a lot of hate on both sides of the argument....

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well I thought you just wanted to know why Christians are against gay marriage and that is why.As always the homos got to start an argument with Christians.Anyways I am not the one who beat you up on the playground and I am not the one screaming that you will burn in hell.Also I follow the dietary restrictions of the Bible.I am a pecular Christian but I don't believe being gay is anymore of a sin than the thousands that I have done.Although I do not support gay marriage here in Florida there is always Iowa

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The book has as much right to be in the library a the Bible does, like someone said earlier "what a bunch of attention seeking zealots." Boobs like these give militant atheist ammunition to fire at decent Christians .

As far as how homosexuality is regarded in Judaism

en.wikipedia.org...

I know it's wikki, but take a look there are other sources . It's just that the militant Christians get their panties in a knot over homosexuality, at lease most of the time.

15 arrested protesting against Jerusalem Gay Pride parade
www.haaretz.com...

Unfortunately one of the few times Jews, Christians and Muslims can be united on something.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by OpusMarkII]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join