It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU can't handle disclosure. yes,YOU!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
A good point Op

I have contemplated this many times over the years and my thoughts are that the religeous fanatics, the hardened in your box skeptics, and the average Joe Blow of the world who has not been exposed/studied or just turned a blind eye to this field will go down in a panic strickened pile.

My wife will sit down with me and watch a few minutes of a UFO study video or documentry then get up and start to poke fun at it! WHY?

Because she feels uneasy and intimidated of the unknown or should I put it (scared) and has not experienced a close call sighting.

Now who is to blame for this attitude/fashion in our society?

We are! our friends, family and the way most of us has been brought up to poke fun and ridicule the subject, or as Zorgon commented the 80% and this includes our Goverment leaders and the Military hierarchy.

Well done again Op I have S&F your post and I am a bit supprised why others have not.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under

I think not many have flagged this because we dont like to be told we cannot handle disclosure when its quite apparent that many on here could. Whether or not the sheeple could is another thing but i can assure the op that i could and desperately wish it would happen because i believe its seriously going to hold humanity back unless it happens.
If there was one single event that would unite humanity and at least give us a chance of progressing away from the voilence & inner conflicts that is gripping our societies then disclosure would be it despite the many reservations about it.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by donrosario3

Oh snap!
Hahahaha!
That was cold man.
Manners and civility just got thrown out the window.
You speak your mind, with little concern of political correctness or sparing peoples' feelings...I respect that.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
# a disclosure..seriously life goes on!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
I think not many have flagged this because we dont like to be told we cannot handle disclosure when its quite apparent that many on here could.

How is it apparent? Talk is cheap. Its easy to sit in a comfortable home in front of a computer and be brave stating "I am not afraid of anything, bring it on"

desperately wish it would happen because i believe its seriously going to hold humanity back unless it happens.

Really? Another fallacy on your part. WHAT do you " desperately wish would happen"? What you wish for is some preconceived notion of what YOU believe is really going on.

Do you really wish for some species so far advance we would be ants in comparison to come swooping in, impervious to all our best weapons and cull us all for the dinner table?

If there was one single event that would unite humanity and at least give us a chance of progressing away from the voilence & inner conflicts that is gripping our societies then disclosure would be it despite the many reservations about it.

How do you figure that? What if the reason they are keeping it from us is because they know we are out matched? Independance Day... nice movie... sure many would rally and try to take on the big bad aliens

We might even win in the long run... we might get lucky and they catch a cold and get wiped out. But I don't see how that scenario would have us progress away from violence though it would take focus away from petty squabbles.

The problem still is that people who say the are ready are all convinced the aliens will be the good guys... yet ATS is full of stories that say otherwise

Care to volunteer for the Dulce bloodlabs? You ready for that disclosure? I mean you must be as Phil Schnieder and others have confirmed it.

Well if you are ready, let me make a call and see if I can get you in. I hear they need some more victims.... errr volunteers
Hey at least you will have disclosure

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
reply to post by Bob Down Under

I think not many have flagged this because we dont like to be told we cannot handle disclosure when its quite apparent that many on here could. Whether or not the sheeple could is another thing but i can assure the op that i could and desperately wish it would happen because i believe its seriously going to hold humanity back unless it happens.

I agree totaly but what the Op brought to light is fact that many will not handle it and that is the truth dont you think?

Many members are taking his comments to heart because they feel strongly about this subject and have their own experiences on the matter and I do not believe that the OP had that personal intention.

Ok there are many of us that will have open arms for sure but there is an underlining matter that there could be some disclosure facts that may be a little scary even for us, who knows what has been going on and what might come to light?

Just my thoughts

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I know where you are coming from Zorgon but I do not think they are all aggresive do you?

Also stop scaring the posters!

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

There are two sides to et issues, now aren't there. The shadow government seems to know the renegades a bit.

When Altair shows up, or those that are in agreements with them, I'm not going to be scared. NWO or freedom! I made my choice!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
I know where you are coming from Zorgon but I do not think they are all aggresive do you?

Heck no... that would be illogical, just as it is illogical to assume all alien races would be peaceful just because they have a few years on us with better tech

And Mystic is sure convinced her Alterian friends will save us from the NWO ( so we can all live happily under Alterian rule and the NGO (New Galactic Order) which of course will be much better for us

Oh all right... I forgot school is out and all the children are here. Don't want to give them nightmares. I promise not to post any more scary Aliens

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb6b2272da24.jpg[/atsimg]

But a NWO operative is okay right?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
First of all, do I believe that aliens exist, well I'm not sure, but I tend to think that it's pretty silly to believe out of all of the galaxies, planets and stars in the universe that we're the only intelligent beings that exist.

We're intelligent beings?

I have no doubt at all that we are not alone. I'm of the opinion that the real reason behind non disclosure is the very simple fact that we as a race just don't get it yet!

I mean we simply are not ready. I'm not talking about Big Brother either. I'm talking about the little Grey guys. To them we are nothing more than an anthropological study of an Early civilization. They are here to study how they themselves once were. We are at that very critical point in a civilizations growth where we may go either way.

We blow our selves up, or Pollute ourselves to death in a mad ORGY of mass wholesale destruction of our planet in search of the almighty dollar.

OR

We pull our heads out of our rears and learn to live with the rest of the Human race. We learn to cooperate and provide food, shelter, and what ever else our fellow man requires.

Do you think they want us hot-rodding around the Cosmos in search of other life when we cant even feed all the people we have here? We think we are "HighTech" When it is quite possible in their reality we are just a breath a way from being cavemen.

If they are out there or here as the case may be. I hope they learned our history and if they have been here a while studying us Umans. I believe Someday they will make contact and hopefully they have been watching us for thousands of years and can answer some very intriguing questions that have haunted modern man about his lost past.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yes we can.

IT is this sort of lie that prevents disclosure.

"Oh the people will riot in the street!, ANARCHY!"

"There will be global PANIC!"

No there won't.

That is just dumb.

You may allude to the "War of the World" hoax, but that was an announcement of "ALIEN INVASION" and "OPEN WARFARE FROM BEYOND"

if the government says tomorrow... ALIENS EXIST!

Nothing will really change.

People will still go to work, get paid, buy food, pay bills, watch TV.

I think you are overestimating humans "Panicky" factor, and UNDERESTIMATING humans "Apathy" factor.

Sure, "ALIENS AMONG US!"

Neato... what does it change?

Almost nothing.

Unless they are shooting death beams at cities, and vaporizing monuments and people, I predict a few days of stunned silence before the media goes back to "Who in Hollywood is F&^*#$% Who?"

What does Paris Hilton think of the Aliens?

"Thats Hot"

LOL!

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
There are two sides to et issues, now aren't there. The shadow government seems to know the renegades a bit.

Well there are many sides to the Alien issue to be sure... but disclosure can have many sides and angles.

Disclosure could be religious in nature... all world beliefs could be totally wrong. While we can accept and maybe survive alien invasion, can we survive a religious war when christians jews and muslims are told the 'truth' that they are worshipping the wrong entity?

I would say Annunaki but that would add the alien factor again

Disclosure could be that all the hype about 2012 is true, but not for the reason people thinkg. What if they saw the future?

Having looked into the "looking Glass" project and finding that it is all about backward traveling light waves, I snooped around and found a recording of some satellite transmissions that eminated from the area of Orion, where Betelgeuse is going Supernova. It appears these transmisions are from the future and got bounced back...

Disclosure could be Nibiru actually does exist and is on the way. No aliens needed, just the dead planet coming to hit us again...

Now for the Nibiru believers, those of you anxious to see the return of Nibiru need to watch this video. It will explain what you need to do to prepare for this disclosure scenario

Are you ready to rumble?

Well are ya?

[edit on 12-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I am beginning to think that disclosure would have no profound effect on much of anyone.

Unless they announced some kind of invasion, I really don't see people over-reacting. All this would do, is force sceptics to find something else to try to debunk. A likely target would be religion..........

Believer: "God spoke to me!"

Sceptic: "pics or vid, or it didn't happen" err actually "pics are photoshopped and vids are cgi, so you're just a plain old nutjob"

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hornyana_jones
i agree that people are scare to be scare....

WW2 was scary but people did handle it...people go true awfull thing but still live true it...its like bungee jumping people are scare of it the first time but after the first jump they feel ok with it...human being adapte to anything that appen.we are just scare of the unknowed.

so yes we will handle disclosure...we will be shock meaby...but go true it like we went true are past

yes. Isn't it everyone's responsibility to face truth?

PEARL HARBOR
Wasn't Pearl Harbor scary? What if we "covered it up" or "delay a few years before disclosure"? I am in China, if that was the case, I believe me & everyone else here are talking in Japanese now.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Bob Down Under

Oh all right... I forgot school is out and all the children are here. Don't want to give them nightmares. I promise not to post any more scary Aliens

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb6b2272da24.jpg[/atsimg]

But a NWO operative is okay right?

AAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Ok Zorgon I give in! carry on with the scary Aliens

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
What disclosure would mean is simple

For the most part, alien themed open keg nights, perhaps even some sort of unoffical holiday marking the day.

Religions have already covered their bases

news cycle would go into insane overdrive with every possible ET "expert" for talks, views, analysis, discussions, counterdiscussions, recountering the counterdiscussions, etc.

And then on monday everyone would go back to work...

within a month, ET products would be off the charts..shirts, ET cars, etc etc...and like everything else, it would sort of become the norm after a year or so.

for every 1 person flipping out, there will be 3-5 people calming them down and another 2-3 excited.

course if the Gov comes on and says they are borg and we are screwed, then everyone would flip out...but that could also be for a earth destroyer meteor, nuclear war, etc...

Frankly, I think the worst impact would be if the Gov got on and did some sort of undeniable proof presentation of how there is absolutely no life out there anywhere period..that this is it...the one in a billion trillion shot happening right here and thats it...that would disturb me more than anything else.

Fear? not even close...would laugh and simply remark..bout time.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ewokdisco
you have all the conspiracy books,youve seen all the "are aliens real" programmes and youve even gone as far as to join ATS! but, if the day comes and YOU sit down in front of your TV and a news item begins with 'please remain calm.here is an emergancy message from..." YOU will freak,cry and run for under your beds.

Yes if you have done all these things I think you're right. You would be considered a nut job and run or cry.

Notice the emphasis on "all", if I had time to watch, read and post all that I would be in such a deep state of paranoia I would probably shoot myself.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by gravitybender]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Disclosure...

Ah yes school is out for the summer, all you young guys out there putting the move on that cute blonde down the street...

You finally score and are out on that hot date...

When she drops the bomb...

"Honey, I have a confession to make..."

[edit on 13-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It's not the whole cowering and fearing thing i am worried about. It is more or less the hatred that would come after.

So, What if the government said "we are not alone and they happen to be living among us..."

This kind of statement would create alot of paranoia for people you once knew as humans and now believe to be aliens of some sort.

What i'm trying to say is: Humans can not live with each other, so how would we live with some one else? We are discriminatory, arrogant and selfish. If any other life form showed themselves before us then i would have to say THEY should be more worried and scared. We are not very easy people to control.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Disclosure...

Ah yes school is out for the summer, all you young guys out there putting the move on that cute blonde down the street...

You finally score and are out on that hot date...

When she drops the bomb...

"Honey, I have a confession to make..."

[edit on 13-6-2009 by zorgon]

I have to admit she's not that bad - I've had worse

Puts a new meaning on fetishes though

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join