It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU can't handle disclosure. yes,YOU!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ewokdisco
Admit this. admit it. when or if UFO/ET/ disclosure happens,YOU will not be able to mentally handle it. you have all the conspiracy books,youve seen all the "are aliens real" programmes and youve even gone as far as to join ATS! but, if the day comes and YOU sit down in front of your TV and a news item begins with 'please remain calm.here is an emergancy message from..." YOU will freak,cry and run for under your beds.
there WILL be riots in the street. there WILL be mass panic. and there WILL be trouble that YOU can even begin to contemplate. the trouble will come from groups and corners you cant even begin to imagine. and you? YOU will be the first to scream in fear. THIS is why disclosure will NEVER happen. because,despite the "the government is fibbing and i demand the truth for us tax payers" comments,you cant handle the truth. and i couldnt either.

Perhaps this would be the case for much of the world, but it's simply isn't the case for anyone who is knowledgeable about general life, science, astronomy, etc. I KNOW that we are not alone in the universe, this is fact to me, something that cannot be debated, IMO. The question is, out of all the life that may be out there, have they ever stumbled upon our little 'corner' of space? Perhaps they have, for all we know we are their descendants. We just don't know, and cannot claim to know, because it is simply beyond our means of knowledge at the present. Now it is also possible that they have yet to come across this corner of the galaxy, while highly unlikely if a civilization has the ability for interstellar travel, you would assume that just one of the life forms that have such an ability would use it to the fullest and explore all fronts, but who knows! Perhaps they've visted but simply don't care since we are only a single corner, and don't really matter as a developing world, due to the abundance of life out there?

Who knows, but one thing is clear to me, if it is diclosed that we are being visited, not only will I be happy as a person, but I will accept it for what it is.. unfortunately that won't be the case for much of the world.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Admit this. admit it. when or if UFO/ET/ disclosure happens,YOU will not be able to mentally handle it. you have all the conspiracy books,youve seen all the "are aliens real" programmes and youve even gone as far as to join ATS! but, if the day comes and YOU sit down in front of your TV and a news item begins with 'please remain calm.here is an emergancy message from..." YOU will freak,cry and run for under your beds.
there WILL be riots in the street. there WILL be mass panic. and there WILL be trouble that YOU can even begin to contemplate. the trouble will come from groups and corners you cant even begin to imagine. and you? YOU will be the first to scream in fear. THIS is why disclosure will NEVER happen. because,despite the "the government is fibbing and i demand the truth for us tax payers" comments,you cant handle the truth. and i couldnt either.

Sounds like the projections of a typical, paranoid conspiracy theorist seeing the the worst case scenario in a situation.

The truth is that nobody knows how we would react. I think we're at a stage in our lives when the topic of extraterrestial visitation might not come as such a shock to people, because as polls show, the public acceptance is increasing.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I just wish they would hurry up and come see us - I would go work in space someplace in a second.

I don't need humans around me really - while I love earth, and think its a beautiful planet - I want to see the inside of it (if possible) - and I want to see the moon and so on - but more than that, I want to see another inhabited world - to stand on it - and observe its alien people.

If I have to serve tea or scrub bathrooms for some aliens to get the opportunity - I don't mind doing it.

I think you would probably be able to make a living traveling around the galaxy selling samples of your DNA - sell some blood here and there and it might be enough to get you around the place.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I had posted on a similar thread recently that well over half of the world's population are more worried about where their next meal is coming from and would be totally oblivious that this topic even exists, let alone contemplating how disclosure would effect them.

Only the technologically advanced societies will be directly affected and even then, there has been plenty of "for warning" with movies, books, ATS, etc.

I will say that I would care less about what my neighbors think, I would just be happy that my own smug preconceptions have been realized, regardless of the outcome that disclosure's effect will have on society and civilization as a whole.

I will take great pleasure, however, in flipping through the various news outlets to see how they spin things. I can just see Ann Coulter on FOX insisting on seeing their birth certificates to prove they're aliens and not Muslims born in Kenya.

And if things do turn out that "they" have nefarious reasons for being here I fall back on the immortal words of Ian Punnett on Coast to Coast, "Eat the Canadians first! They're the free range Americans".

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Personally, if it happened, I'd be so damn smug about it:
'I knew I wasn't crazy, and damn all of you who said I was!'
It would probably be one of the greatest days of my life if there were and en-masse landing, all over the world and the aliens personally greeting people. I'd sit them down with a cup of tea and ask so many questions...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
80 years ago, this may well have been the case.

These days? Hardly. People are so desensatized to major events it's not even funny. Thanks to the media, I doubt if Godzilla came rampaging int the streets, people would freak out. There would even be a healthy # that would go and try to get video of the event.

So if disclosure were to occur, the biggest effect would probably be in religious circles. I think a huge # of people would be like.. "Heck ya.. cool!" And many others would be nonplussed. They'd be startled and amazed. But I doubt there would be major riots and people unable to mentally process the information.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

No I won't!
As long as there are no power outages I will enjoy the "show" on TV constantly laughing loud and I will receive continuously phone-calls from worried friends and people (that before it happened were laughing at me behind my back) begging for information and what to do now.

And that is no male cow-dropping. I have had sightings in the past and have been in lots of intestinal residue, I've been homeless, have been in a hostage situation, robbery, high speed chases/crashes, organised crime and jail. I also survived an attempted murder and I can't imagine something more scary than that. Yes, my life has been a good action movie, now let that Sci-Fi start, I can't wait for it!!!

So my dear friends from outer space,
drop by and we'll smoke some pot or have a beer together!

Heil!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

...there WILL be riots in the street. there WILL be mass panic. and there WILL be trouble that YOU can even begin to contemplate. the trouble will come from groups and corners you cant even begin to imagine....

Heh, sounds like a party to me.
I'd love to see the look of abject horror on people's faces as their belief systems come crashing down around them.
We're all gonna die some day, of that I am sure.
If I learn a thing or two before then, great...if not...well shoot...at least I'll go out with minimal regrets.
But yeah, I tend to agree with your statement, but it sure would be nice to be brought up to speed as to the insignificance of our puny human ego-driven existence.
So my advice, sit back, keep your favorite weapon handy, crack open a cold beer and watch the chaos ensue with not only a smirk, but a sense of satisfaction.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
As John Locke said in LOST, "It is one thing to believe. It is another thing to see."

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
speak for yourself, you guys are pussies.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I usually ignore these "disclosure" threads, but enough is enough.

First of all, do I believe that aliens exist, well I'm not sure, but I tend to think that it's pretty silly to believe out of all of the galaxies, planets and stars in the universe that we're the only intelligent beings that exist.

Now that being said, UFO's do they exist, yes of course they do. People see objects flying all the time that are not identified. Are they alien or from another world, I must say, probably not. I think 98% of them are man made either for a hoax attempt or secret government aircraft.

So this whole disclosure thing. Does our government or any government know of alien existence, I don't know. What would they gain by disclosing it to people?

I don't think we'll ever have disclosure by any government, period.

The only way disclosure will ever happen is when an alien craft enters our atmosphere, lands on earth and the alien being comes out and says hello or destroys us all.

Sorry folks, thats it. It's time to accept whats real.

so for you the abductions are delusions of mad people? do you think its government that's doing it all? come on... of course they exist and they are here on this planet on this very moment.

have you stopped to think they may have a hidden agenda for earth? and maybe that's why they didnt show up yet. And yes i agree with you maybe governments dont disclose anything because they are as puzzled as us.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Actually, what I will admit is that the 'Yes, You!' on the title was enough to bring me here and cause this reply. I admit, I was weak... I should have known better with a thread title like that.

As for ET? It can't be as bad as summer reruns, Bill Gates' DRM or Windows 95... you know?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

No I wouldn't. I already know aliens exist.

The only people that would lose it are a few extreme fundamental religiotards, who by all accounts have already "lost it".

So in reality I think you would have business as usual.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by downtown436]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I totally agree with OP. It will change our lives.
Ive had a vision of a Grey. It hovered with long long arms. Reminded me of a wasp. It was so beautiful and angelic that i do believe it will break allof us down if or when we see it. Completely. I felt weak in its image, which WAS angelic ( harmonious with nature or god).
Like terrence mckenna said, we are in a birthing state right now, a dangerous natural process. We are about to become extra-terrestrial. we need guidance. but we need it from our big brothers in the sky, not Big Brother Corp.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

What a close-minded and selfish view...

I'm perfectly capable of handling that message when and if it comes. No, some people won't, but if they go nuts and start rioting, I'll be calm as ever waiting with a gun in my hand to defend myself, it's my right and my duty.

However there are many ways disclosure could happen. It could be a simple admittance that aliens are here and visiting us, in which case I doubt there will be mass rioting, though there might be a lot of protesting. If we're told the aliens are coming to kill us all, well yeah, everyone will freak, because we've all been told that we're going to die. I would personally rather that they tell us ahead of time though, so I can be prepared for when it happens, if aliens just attacked us and someone knew it was going to happen, I'd be pretty pissed.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
All depends on how they do the disclosure and the intent of our visitors.

Imagine if the aliens come in peace and wish to elevate the human species. Best option would be to gather world leaders and some alien represenatives. Let the aliens introduce themselves, say their piece and the reasons for their visits. Have plenty of video explaining their world and culture. If the way they live is superior to the way we live and they give us the promise of having that for ourselves then I think almost everyone could handle it. Those that have been exploiting others would be the most likely to lose it as in an ideal situation their gig would be up.

If they say they came to save us from some eminent disaster and that we have to leave earth then we might have some problems.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Not really.

I'd be so fu*kin excited (is the F word allowed here?) I'd be running around in excitement. No way will I cry, etc, etc. All the mass hysteria are from religious bigots who cannot accept the scientific fact of life on other planets.

Besides, I dn't think it'll happen very soon. Governments are covering up alien existence because of one reason: Mass hysteria WILL occur if humans find out aliens exist.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
No riots ..maybe a few instances and weak minded people. There would be riots in some Muslim countries but that's to be expected. It would be a big deal but I think most people could handle it.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Speak for yourself, but I would only freak if they pulled an Independence Day style invasion on us, but if it were announced or they landed somewhere and said "yes, you are not alone", that I would be very excited about this. Lots of questions would go through my head. Are they really from a different world or are they previous inhabitants of this world and they have come back to see how we're doing. There would be panic, because many believe they don't exist and will deny it, and religious groups probably wouldn't handle it well either, but I think in the long run it would change our world for the better.

I suppose I have the Star Trek based universe as a hope for our future. People of Earth stop going to war with each other, money becomes extinct, the goal of humanity is to better itself, disease would be nonexisitant, our energies that are put into more destruction would finally put into something constructive. Pipe dream? Yes. Am I hoping for to much? Definitely, but who said it's wrong to dream and to hope for something great for humanity that would come from disclosure, official first contact or through our own enlightenment?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I don't think I would freak out so much as be stunned that anyone was actually acknowledging aliens/UFOs were really real. After so many years of people rolling their eyes at me and nodding patiently at crazy Becky's rants, I think I'd spend quite a bit of time doling out the "told you so's".

Would I be scared? Yep, probably. As I've stated before, I don't particularly trust anything (be it human or alien) who has secretive agendas and/or believes they're of higher intelligence. Maybe it's a cynical pride thing, I don't know. But I'm afraid I'd be one of those xenophobes waiting for the death rays even if the aliens are handing over the cure for cancer.

I'd be more scared of the way the idiots in the population would react to the news. Would they take the news as license to riot and loot and generally go nuts? I'm afraid they would. If something as unimportant as the win or loss of a ball game can cause riots, then what would alien disclosure cause?

Overall, people scare me more than aliens. Not by much, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join