It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU can't handle disclosure. yes,YOU!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

What about, you have nothing to fear but fear itself?

What a stupid thread to start. You assume that you know all there is to know, about everyone and everything, taking the responsibillity for all mankind to kindly reject disclosure as it would be to much to handle? When did you become g-d? As far as my knowledge goes, only g-d knows all that has been and will be. How could you possibly predict what peoples reactions are? Have you seen it, or are you biased by your own ignorance. You know that YOU will run under your bed and that's it. You don't know if your relatives will feel the same as you, even if they tell you. You don't even know if your relatives already are disclosed, think about that?
So come on, drop the attitude, get down in the dirt with the rest of us, we are all the same. Who made you in charge?

Love and Light

Joe

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Speak about yourself and the likes of you, mate.

If you think YOU can't handle it, don't put the rest of the world on the same boat with you. Not everybody is as weak as you, apparently, are. FACE IT. Unless you're playing weak in order to see how many people you will drag along your path (but that's quite negative, isn't it now...?).

The average sheeple who have been poring over their TVs and have surrendered their brains to entertainment and/or religious fanatism, yes, they will freak out and go and jump from the roof.

But a large amount of people has been opening up to this possibility and more are opening up day by day.

So, choose side man. We'd rather have you (and everybody) on our boat, but that's your choice...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

YOU will freak,cry and run for under your beds.

Not really, depends on how the information is presented, and the agenda of the aliens (and let's face it, the appearance of the aliens).

Here's what I mean.

SCENARIO 1: Large motherships suddenly appear over all major cities of the world.
MY REACTION: Get some things together, me and the wife hop in the van, and get to an unpopulated area asap...before the rest catch on and clog the highways.

SCENARIO 2: A press conference with a human-looking alien, talking about what great things they can do for us.
MY REACTION: Life as normal, but all the time "V" will be in the back of my mind, and I'll be keen on any news of missing scientists, hehe...

And of course, anything in between, combination, or even many others of scenarios that could happen. Basically, my reaction would depend on the information presented and available.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well me personally, I would absolutely welcome a HUGE change in the world, we need it and its time. And at the risk of sounding callous, would it be such a bad thing if some of the religious zealots around the globe went crazy and did themselves in, sort of a cleasing of the weak. Either way i cannot see mass hysteria "war of teh worlds" style if disclosure happens.

I think the best thing that could come of disclosure is the fact that it will give some much needed perspective on our place in the universe and humble those who need humbling. Some people may go nuts, commit suicide or whatever but those that do i say too bad.

But on the other side of the coin it could all go wrong and they may not be the friendly ET's we all hope. ( i do not subscribe to this but it must be said).

In conclusion, good or bad a huge event that has major implications needs to happen at this time in our history. Oppression and war are a staple of the times and it needs to be stopped.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Well people could handdle the truth if the gov says something (that i doubt it, gov will never come clean about)..what people cant handle its seeing a real ET infront of them..yes..people would cry in terror like a child, be afraid all their nights after that incident and never bee the same ...

The people thinks that they can handdle the truth..yes they can handdle an informative truth, what they cant handdle is real truth face to face contact! that would make anyone piss, crap and panic any given day!

People think that saying the truth is something like a news report..like a TV program and after that everything its the same, people will go their lives if like nothing has happen. I am sorry but anyone on this board is not ready for face to face contact with an ET, i assure you will freak out like a child and wet your pants many times,

[edit on 12-6-2009 by AlexDJ]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Id just pretty much be like
I TOLD YOU SOOOO
in everyones face before laughing at them cause i was right and then after my gloting move on with my life.
yepp.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

You really shouldnt throw all people into one basket. In a CNN poll 80 percent said they believed in Alien life, the Vatican came out and said to accept ET's as our space brothers and a creation of God.

I think you are completely underestimating the power of psychology. The OP has a crude way of presenting his point. However, I must agree with him and although I'm not sure the thread worthy of more than a star I just gave it a flag because I'm tired of people thinking "they can handle it."

I work in the information systems side of local gov't. Recently we are upgrading our software from Microsoft Office 2003 to Office 2007. The software is actually different to some degree in that they are moving way from "drop down" menus and going towards tabs. The end result is that their are people throughout our organization who were really shaken up by this change. I mean it is kind of a big deal, even to experienced computer users.

That is changing from Office 2003 to Office 2007.

I think changing your fundamental perception of reality is in another league. I think people underestimate their own biases and what exactly makes them "human" and just HOW MUCH of that WOULD CHANGE if they got the real scoop on UFOs.

I have heard people who are not well versed on UFO literature say "ya their might be something out there. UFOs could be spaceships." It is one thing to tell someone that in an internet forum or around a campfire....but quite another to actually experience a sudden shift in your reality.

I will agree in that there are weaknesses when making general "blanket statements" but ultimately his assertion is directed towards a broad audience so without writing a thesis/book, he is forced to make such statements.

I believe his statement to be generally true. I don't think the average human being puts alot of thought into what makes them who they are.....and thus I think they fundamentally have no clue on how to deal with complex information like UFOs and the ultimate truth to reality. This doesn't mean I think everyone will be "under their bed" or "looting" the liquor store.. haha. No. What I mean is I don't think most would know how to process the information in their mind if the shift was too sudden or too great. Perhaps this is why we (apparently) have evolved over millions of years. Takes a great degree of time in order to better make transitions when dealing with something so powerful.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thymisou

Not everybody is as weak as you, apparently, are. FACE IT.

As you can see in my above post, the OP has little choice but to make broad statements because he is communicating to a broad audience and trying to make his point in one paragraph.

Are you saying we should let everyone decide "if they could handle it?" Should we also let students in college decide how much they learned in a class and what grade they should receive?

Is their no level of bias we're all guilty of on some level as humans? I like that the OP had the courage to admit that he probably couldn't handle the information...

But as our wise ATS demi-god
Gazrok points out.... it really depends on the what information is presented and how it's presented. That ultimately determines our reactions and thus the way "we feel."

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Scramjet76]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I agree. Can you imagine the government coming out and disclosing? After all, they wouldn't just be disclosing about ET's, they'd be disclosing that they were lying to us ALL of these years! Do you honestly think that'll happen?

So many people on here are just dying for disclosure, but are not aware of the full ramifications it holds for us all. If you think your life changed after 911, that doesn't compare 5% to how your life will change after the Day Of Declaration.

The only thing, if anything, that will happen is more black and white photos will be released, more long boring documents from 50+ years ago will be released, and so forth. Disclosure will NEVER come from a government UNLESS it is a way to control the people when they lose their choke hold, like Von Braun mentions. And then in that case, obviously there's no truth to ET's as disclosure is a means like terrorism is --to corral and control the masses.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

SCENARIO 1: Large motherships suddenly appear over all major cities of the world.
MY REACTION: Get some things together, me and the wife hop in the van, and get to an unpopulated area asap...before the rest catch on and clog the highways.

SCENARIO 2: A press conference with a human-looking alien, talking about what great things they can do for us.
MY REACTION: Life as normal, but all the time "V" will be in the back of my mind, and I'll be keen on any news of missing scientists, hehe...

Scenario1: I would freak

Scenario 2: I would freak. I mean an alien. A real alien.

But if there is a disclosure they will just tell us we're not alone, don't panic, go about your normal business. I wouldn't panic. But I'm sure alot of people would.

However, I'm sceptical about this supposed disclosure. We've expected so many big events in the past but they never happen. We're all still here and nothing has changed. So don't get your hopes up. You will only be disappointed ....again.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If the Goverment or anybody else makes disclosure, nothing big will happen. But if truth about Projects like Serpo, Solar Warden or Aquarius come out to the TV and discussion channels, the world will be breathless for a while. Everything will change, space traveling will be established etc etc.

And maybe, if there is something true on the Yellow Book, religion will change and then some panic will occur. But there will be no panic when we know that we have knowledge of about 12 or more different alien species. And there will be no panic if free energy is possible in the ways so many times discussed. Or if disclosure opens the books for AntiGravity engines etc. But one thing nobody thinks about is, that our world economy will collapse, because all the big company's will die out. There will be no need for Gasoline anymore etc.

But I can only speak for me personally. And i can tell you that i would weep for joy. The long time of laughting and diskrediting will have an end. All this none believers that laught about me, my friends and many others will have a punsh in their faces, if disclosure realy happens. I hope this day will come. And if not, well, maybe there will be a massive landing in 2012. And i dont care if this landing will be a dangerous one or a good one.
The only thing i want to see, are the faces of those none-believers.

Thanks for reading.

Greetz, Kev

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
I agree. Can you imagine the government coming out and disclosing? After all, they wouldn't just be disclosing about ET's, they'd be disclosing that they were lying to us ALL of these years! Do you honestly think that'll happen?

I can GUARANTEE you that it WON'T happen, but then that wasn't the OP question... WILL it happen...

No it won't but I would love to be there when all those who are ready for the truth meet him face to face

www.impawards.com...

But will disclosure happen? No way in fact they just took another step towards cover up. Apparantly now falling space rocks will be CLASSIFIED. We will no longer know if an asteroid is coming at us. Wait till the Nibiru believer latch onto this one...

Military Hush-Up: Incoming Space Rocks Now Classified
www.space.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Personally, I have bills to pay whether ET is coming for a visit or staying for the long haul. I will get up, go to work and continue working and talking about it to everyone. It will be disclosed in such a way that it will be like "yea... whoopee... did I turn off the coffee pot this morning? hmmmm... Crap I'm gonna be late and the boss is gonna yell. Maybe I can blame the aliens. Hey... that is at least a new excuse!"

I have seen enough weird stuff that I will just keep on living my day-to-day unless I get a bad feeling. If it is weird enough, I will pack what I need and head for the hills with a radio until I know. It will not be because everyone is panicking, it will be because I researched the net and discussed this with persons in the knowledge and had enough worries that I figured an extended campout couldn't hurt.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeSignal
What a stupid thread to start. You assume that you know all there is to know, about everyone and everything, taking the responsibillity for all mankind to kindly reject disclosure as it would be to much to handle? When did you become g-d?

I LOVE this thread... seems ewokdisco has struck a nerve
A very deep nerve. All this false bravado showing itself by calling the OP's moral fiber into play. It is a real study in human nature seeing the reactions.

As far as my knowledge goes, only g-d knows all that has been and will be.

Well you show fear already... you are even afraid to say God... you treat the word as if it needs to be censored

How could you possibly predict what peoples reactions are?

Orson Wells 1938
War of the Worlds
NASA commissioned the Brookings report based on that panic, and that was a small local broadcast
To be sure while some jumped off buildings , others grabbed guns and pitchforks to attack the Martians, but still absolute chaos

So come on, drop the attitude, get down in the dirt with the rest of us, we are all the same. Who made you in charge?

What attitude? I see only a well thought out post that was guaranteed to get your hackles up. Worked too.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ewokdisco
Admit this. admit it. when or if UFO/ET/ disclosure happens,YOU will not be able to mentally handle it. you have all the conspiracy books,youve seen all the "are aliens real" programmes and youve even gone as far as to join ATS! but, if the day comes and YOU sit down in front of your TV and a news item begins with 'please remain calm.here is an emergancy message from..." YOU will freak,cry and run for under your beds.
there WILL be riots in the street. there WILL be mass panic. and there WILL be trouble that YOU can even begin to contemplate. the trouble will come from groups and corners you cant even begin to imagine. and you? YOU will be the first to scream in fear. THIS is why disclosure will NEVER happen. because,despite the "the government is fibbing and i demand the truth for us tax payers" comments,you cant handle the truth. and i couldnt either.

Umm, perhaps something like this ?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kev0815

You make such a change-transition sound so pleasantly easy??
The only bad part is Cheney and the oil companies lose out.

Otherwise the world will carry on with us holding hands and flying around in Anti gravity vehicles which look like hearts and rainbows..

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
All I can really say to the OP is 'Bollocks'.

Ive been interested in UFO's since I could pick up a book and flip the pages looking at the illustrations and photos. I can handle the truth and you know why.

Because I already fully accept the fact they exist and always have and the fact that eventually they will be brought out as a reality. The same way I fully accept that you exist and in doing so I wouldn't go off the handle if one day you turned up at my door step and said 'hey its me'.

And im sure as hell not the only one that thinks that. Wasnt even gonna answer this post but hey 'YOU' did address 'ME' personally after all, so i might as well do the courtesy, although you aint getting any star or flag for your efforts.

Although it is rather manly of you to admit you would go to pot if it did happen

[edit on 12-6-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
i agree that people are scare to be scare....

WW2 was scary but people did handle it...people go true awfull thing but still live true it...its like bungee jumping people are scare of it the first time but after the first jump they feel ok with it...human being adapte to anything that appen.we are just scare of the unknowed.

so yes we will handle disclosure...we will be shock meaby...but go true it like we went true are past

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
The only bad part is Cheney and the oil companies lose out.

This is bad... how?

Beside they already have control of all the HE3 on the Moon. At current oil values that makes about three trillion metric tonnes of HE3 worth $#52 billion per tonne

Cheney and co will survive just fine

Ooopsy, my bad... no disclosure

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The human race has had to deal with so many new things. We have had to overcome so much in the last 200,000 years and most of them were not easy to deal with but some how we managed to handle it and get through because thats what we are best at ( doing whatever is necessary to survive).

I believe you don't give enough credit to what humans can handle and accomplish.

Each generation has had to deal with new idea's and new problems. It is true that there will be some people who will not be able to handle the truth of which is we are not alone in this universe! For some of us this is already a fact; so to say that you people will not be able to handle disclosure is foolish and who ever says so is a "Pussy" because they are not open minded enough and do not have a strong enough mental state to handle such a thing.

The newer generations of people who have grown up watching TV and movies about the Paranormal and Otherworldly accurances are all ready use to the idea that we may not be alone, that there are things we still don't understand yet that are unimaginable, the future of our society which is going to change so fast we have no idea what our future is going to hold in our own lifetime.

So what I have to say is this, that there are people out there like you who will not be able to handle the truth because your mental state isn't strong enough to handle it, but most of us who are strong in mind and body will move on and figure a way to survive knowing we are not alone in the universe. Just as the human race has been surviving over our existence.

so go huddle in a corner when the news come out while I'm comfortably happy with the news that we are not alone in this massive universe, that the human race doesn't have to be so lonely anymore.

I'll be enjoying a nice beer to the disclosure more excited about what will happen next with our society.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join