It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU can't handle disclosure. yes,YOU!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Admit this. admit it. when or if UFO/ET/ disclosure happens,YOU will not be able to mentally handle it. you have all the conspiracy books,youve seen all the "are aliens real" programmes and youve even gone as far as to join ATS! but, if the day comes and YOU sit down in front of your TV and a news item begins with 'please remain calm.here is an emergancy message from..." YOU will freak,cry and run for under your beds.
there WILL be riots in the street. there WILL be mass panic. and there WILL be trouble that YOU can even begin to contemplate. the trouble will come from groups and corners you cant even begin to imagine. and you? YOU will be the first to scream in fear. THIS is why disclosure will NEVER happen. because,despite the "the government is fibbing and i demand the truth for us tax payers" comments,you cant handle the truth. and i couldnt either.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I agree.I would be scared to death if disclosure happened.If the goverment is lying to me than I appriciate it.Plus it would take away the mystery,which is half the fun.

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Erm what are you on?

If the Gov' were on Tv and just simply said "We are not alone" why would i go mental?

That would still be classed as disclosure. If they said, "Hey people, aliens (note the plural) are coming to kill us all, and we're pretty much screwed" then, just maybe, i'd be abit annoyed. If that was the case, then i believe alot of weak minded people would give in, go mental, riot etc.

But when there is a will there is a way.

So back to the statement, that I couldn't handle disclosure.

I think you need to reconsider that.

Consider what disclosure is before you tell us we'll all go mental and kill eachother because of it.

Love&Light

Jacob

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

Thats a damn bold statement to make about EVERYONE. I am sure there will be some people who might flip out a little bit. But it all depends on how much is disclosed, and how it affects religion. I would not run under my bed and hide, screaming on the way - BUT i also wouldnt be on the rooftop of a building holding signs. Their presence is here already, and i dont need disclosure from the government to know when i've seen some pretty odd things myself.

You really shouldnt throw all people into one basket. In a CNN poll 80 percent said they believed in Alien life, the Vatican came out and said to accept ET's as our space brothers and a creation of God. So yes i agree some may flip out, but you go it wrong - I WILL be fine if disclosure happens, i wont run, i'll be ready for the change and i would be rather happy for a HUGE change in the world. Great post to get people talking.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'm a lifelong experiencer, so pardon me, but I'm waiting for disclosure and some big changes, more positive ones than the catstrophes and nwo at that.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

No I would not.

I would run out on to the street and look up into the sky and say "thank you".

Then I'd open up a beer and a watch as the world changed for the better.

One can only hope.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
you two cant be serious.sure some religious groups will say the satan is here and cults will do same stuff but i dont think there will be riots.for what reason??mass hysteria?i think we ve seen plenty of movies to be brainwashed accordingly.at the point in which even if we so an alien it wouldne be a big deal.i dont think any riots will come,in america maybe hell there are riots when a new mall opens,ppl rushing in to buy crap and what not.but i dont think european societies act the same.nor will the majority of the us citizens.my two euros

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Personally, I think we have been so inundated with alien movies for the last 30 years that most people have become quite accustomed to thinking deeply along the "what if aliens exists" line.

My belief is that everyone will be excited for two weeks, then shrug and change the channel to see Britney's Spears latest wardrobe malfunction.

Unless the aliens happen to be directly threatening us with global destruction ala Independence Day, life will continue as normal. Except that we ATSers will have more "I told you so" conversations for a long long time. In fact we will become quite irritating in our smugness and we will stop being invited to all the cool parties simply because we have become "know it all's".

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It depends very much on what is revealed.

If it's just that life is found, I can handle that.
If the life found is intelligent and friendly, I can handle that.

However, if the life found is intelligent, angry, and sees us as dinner, yes, in that case I may be cowering under my bed!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Speak for yourselves!

I am only worried about other humans, not about the truth being confirmed. I'ld worry about fellow citizens going nuts and rampaging the place and I'ld also worry about how much the government is telling and how much of that is true.
No matter what they say, I won't believe them:
If they say: the aliens are invading us, then my answer will be: yeah right!
And if they say: the aliens have come as our allies and friends, please get your 'intergalactic passport' with DNA, fingerprint and chip implant, then I'll be even more worried....

But disclosure itself?
Bring it on!

Oh.... We're in the middle of disclosure, I forgot. Somehow hardly anyone realizes, that the amount of governments, that are slowly declassifying there files and all the government admissions, that disclosure is actually happening!
(Just one example of many: the military footage from Mexico)

Blessed be,
Samuel

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Theres no need to be such a negative nancy and plus where did you buy your crystal ball from. Take it back, its defective. Just jokes. Don't worry so much about what the future will bring. Especially when the future doesn't exist yet. Your worrying about something that doesn't exist. Remember. Fear is only in the head.
Talks of world wars, new world orders, alien invasions. Take it in but try not to be negatively - emotionally affected. That can affect your judgement. The past is the past, the future doesn't exist and there is only the present. I certainly won't be hiding under my bed when disclosure comes.
I believe I may be too busy for that.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Nonsense Mr OP.

Maybe you will be rushing around like a headless chicken but I will be getting blind drunk then I will chase my wife and daughters around the house, giggling like I have just won the lottery. After all that madness I will sit down to digest how the news hounds are going to spin it.

I can handle the truth. If it turns out we are about to be extermninted and it is an invasion then I will flick my government the bird and troll like something out of lord of the rings on a few gov.net forums and hope for a ring side seat before being fried.

Death is not something to be terrified of just the manner of death (fed slowly and feet first into a wood chipper no no no).

However I greatly doubt there will be an invasion - or a woodchipper.

I can handle disclosure oh yes

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
web ego aside,from '..we have five minutes left',to 'we are not alone' or,'since 1947,we have been working with..' man will not be able to mentally or emotionally adjust to that news. it will be frightful and too immense to contemplate. nothing in our past [world wars and global depression included] will compare with the utter panic that will sweep over our globe. i AM fully aware of the thread's message and meaning.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Quoting Depeche Mode's latest hit song: "WRONG!!" People are better informed these days. Some might flip out, but not me, specially after being witness to quite a few paranormal events.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I resent that thank you! I would not freak out in any way. I have always believed in aliens and ufo's and when ever they do decided to admit to them being here I will be much more relived. I do think some might freak out but not everyone as a whole! I personally know people who will probably freak out and hide under their bed but I would go to them and talk to them and help them understand in the best way I can. For you to group everyone into the same category is a bit pre-mature and ignorant imo. I dont mean to attack if that's how it sounds, it's just you can't speak for the billions of people on the planet.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I already know the truth, why would their admittance of it frighten me anymore than the knowledge I already possess?

Speak for yourself, but let others do the same. Not everyone is like you my friend.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Yes I can, lol.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by tim1989]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Thanks, Lt. Kaffee. That was deep.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Maybe, just maybe, perhaps there is a remote possibility that "disclosure" will not happen because you can't disclose what you don't have.

While most like to believe that there is some grand cover-up of alien visitations and extraterrestrial contacts etc. many fail to even consider the possibility that it hasn't happened... And those of you who honestly believe it is true... YOU can't handle that possibility, yes YOU!

When dealing with the unknown all possibilities must be considered.

If they actually disclose the fact that they have no evidence to support the existence of aliens and extraterrestrial visitations etc. Many of you would not believe that, nor would accept it. There is a possibility that is why "disclosure" has not nor will ever happen.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Quite simply true ... I would be deeply dissapointed and sink into a deep depression if it were ever proven there are no aliens. But currently belief in their existence is like belief in a Supreme Deity.
If you have enough faith, then no amount of proof to the contrary will cause you to change your mind.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join