It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First A Jellyfish, Now A Dragonfly... Giant Crop Circles Just Get Weirder

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

A show in the US on magic tricks did this a few years back and they produced a large design in about half an hour. I would imagine it would not take much longer to do either of these, they are mostly circles and thin lines.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Brilliant questions - and always unanswered!

Who do you think makes them? I think the Pleiadian make most.

wZn

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

Proof?

Link?

UNDEBUNKED!

wZn

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

And the famers are likely to be up at the crack of dawn also!

Someone mentioned that the firefox design took 24hrs to do and that is a simple design in comparison. I am sure some crop formations are bored students etc, but one's like these beg belief! Either a huge team of people who practised and planned for weeks (where and how?) did it in the 6 hrs of darkness they had (seems pretty unbelievable in itself), or this is something else entirely.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The number 7 has been thrown around a lot regarding these crop circles.
I have been reading a book called 'The Secret Teachings of All Ages" By Manly P Hall, and this popped into mind.

The info below is from page 40 under the chapter "The Life and Teachings of Thoth Hermes Trismegistus"

It speaks bout the 7 Rings and the governors that sit upon those rings.
The way i understand it, its about going through 7 stages of shedding your self of your emotions and wants and then you can reach enlightenment / ascension / Heaven

"After the lower nature has returned to the brutishness, the higher struggles again to regain its spiritual estate. It ascends the seven Rings upon which sit the Seven Governors and returns to each their lower powers in this manner:
Upon the first ring sits the Moon, and to it is returned the ability to increase and diminish.
Upon the second ring sits Mercury, and to it are returned machinations, deceit, and craftiness.
Upon the third ring sits Venus, and to it are returned the lusts and passions. Upon the fourth ring sits the Sun, and to this Lord are returned ambitions. Upon the fifth ring sits Mars, and to it are returned rashness and profane boldness.
Upon the sixth ring sits Jupiter, and to it are returned the sense of accumulation and riches.
And upon the seventh ring sits Saturn, at the Gate of Chaos, and to it are returned falsehood and evil plotting.

"Then, being naked of all the accumulations of the seven Rings, the soul comes to the Eighth Sphere, namely, the ring of the fixed stars. Here, freed of all illusion, it dwells in the Light and sings praises to the Father in a voice which only the pure of spirit may understand. Behold, O Hermes, there is a great mystery in the Eighth Sphere, for the Milky Way is the seed-ground of souls, and from it they drop into the Rings, and to the Milky Way they return again from the wheels of Saturn. But some cannot climb the seven-runged ladder of the Rings. So they wander in darkness below and are swept into eternity with the illusion of sense and earthiness.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

I've seen them replicated for TV as well, however the method involved using planks of wood with a foot strap connected and a head piece with a "sighting" circle on which the user targets an object and keeps it in sight whilst making the circle...... this method resulted in a lot of the crop stems being broken , the unexplained circles/designs don't leave the stems broken, merely flattened.

[edit on 4/6/2009 by Argyll]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What I find most interesting is the constant symmetry (not counting ones that are known/proven to be man-made) and the use of 11 -- which many believe is a divine number of the cosmos.

So, crop circles are either made by man that read all the same books and keep everything in perfect alignment....
OR...

perhaps we should start taking these messages seriously.

Think about it - The Maya, Hopi, Sumerians, Egyptians, etc. all used pictures to tell a story so that no matter what language you speak, one could understand (or at least have a chance of understanding).

I, for one, believe this is how we are being contacted.

Here's an interesting explanation for some of the soil anamolies found at sites:
www.execonn.com...

Here's an interesting circle that depicts the exact sun spots on our sun at the time the circle was made:
www.cropcircleconnector.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If these were man made wouldn't the people who did it disturb the crops when they leave making a trail to the nearest road? unless they leave by helicopter

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Further, many sites are found to be "magnetized" when tested. And you're right, the crop is never destroyed (in real ones) and come back to upright within days/weeks.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I made a post a week or so back regarding the newest CC's and what a
scientist is saying the meaning behind them might be.

This relates to a previous question about the 7's. The links predict
a CME on July 7th based on their interpretations. The first post is about a CC called the Starburst.
A little further on the thread I posted how they are now relating the
Jellyfish into this prediction. I haven't checked to see if they have said
anything re the Dragonfly.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6/4/2009 by Zaydie]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'm skeptical about crop circles because their complexity has evolved more or less in step with the evolution of our own technology.

It is possible that someone has some sort of microwave printing device somewhere, whereby they fly over an area, designate the coordinates and the device bends the corn accordingly, by heating the stalks in the right place, bending them in the right direction. A lot of the circles seem to be digital creations, made in black and white possibly and then fed into a machine the same way designs are fed into a water cutter for example in the metalworking industrys.

Or, in short, in no way do I think they are out of the realm of our possible technology.

And of course, I think most of us know it, there seems to be a force in ufology out there just for deception, to paraphrase Jacques Vallé. This could be just disinformation by the elites hoping to see a religion. The Jellyfish for example looks like an Umbrella, and the umbrella can be interpreted as another symbol which says the same thing as the illuminati pyramid, Umbrella systems are when you have various organisations under the control of a ruling body, like the University systems. I'm speculating of course, with no intention to make gospel.

While I like crop circles I've never seen one that has told us anything our civilization didn't know already. It's geometry, possibly mated with technology. The jump to aliens or hyperdimensional beings or gaia or whatever seems a bit far fetched in the light of Occam's razor.

I could be wrong, but I think this is all an elaborate hoax and a distraction from more mundane corruptions.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindmelding

No offence mate, but I think your explanation is more outlandish than "external forces"

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
And just one more thing: Regardless of how complex the design is, if you have a large group of people and organise it by sectors there is no limit to what can be achieved not in a night but in hours, so even the high tech explanation of my previous post could be redundant.

At it's core I just wish people realised it's just bent straw. The designs came from someone's mind, and who's mind is the only real question, not anything else, because they're not complex enough to force a non human explanation.

Some people will stop at nothing to fool big groups of people. I know it's not as interesting an explanation as "2012 aliens aquarius wheee transcendence", but it's far more probable.

But I could be wrong of course.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by Mindmelding

No offence mate, but I think your explanation is more outlandish than "external forces"

No offense taken. It's not exactly my explanation, I saw it on a documentary about crop circles that talked about the possibility of microwaves being used.

We have that technology and it would be relatively simple to link it up to computer graphics as an output device.

Somewhere somebody is looking for a driver to install his crop circle microwave printer on the laptop...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I ask myself the same questions, and have yet to find a plausable, real world, common sense answer that 100% excludes alien involvement in all known cases of crop circle construction. There cannot be exceptions. Either they are all man made or not. If they are all man made, then each circle or pictagraph is explainable in full. Problem is, so many questions remain unanswered, or so lack real world common sense, that to say that 100% of all known crop circles and pictographs are human in origin, is a flat out unproven statement.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Just had a look around Oxford Shire on google map and found this.

maps.google.com.au...,-1.848407&sspn=0.011585,0.034847&ie=UTF8&ll=51.431912,-1.845467 &spn=0.005793,0.017424&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

Looks like an old one starting to grow back

[edit on 4/6/2009 by wycky]

[edit on 4/6/2009 by wycky]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genus_Unknown
As goofy as this may sound, the abdomen on the dragonfly one looks like a planet rotating and getting closer to the observer, with land masses visible...

beautiful work though, whoever made them!

[edit on 6/4/2009 by Genus_Unknown]

I see what you mean, call me goofy but I find the thing very reminiscent of a celtic cross

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
reply to post by impaired

I think it has something to do with the planets. There use to be eight, but then they decided that Pluto was not a planet.. So then technically there are only 7 planets now.. But, I don't know if whatever made these crop circles also believe that Pluto is not a planet.. Its really weird though, whatever the reason

Actually, there were nine planets before Pluto was eliminated, and now there are 8. The number 7 relates to the number of days in Genesis, and days in a week. It is regarded as a number signifying "completion" in scripture. Perhaps the two recent crop circles signify this is the completion of created things, such as in the end of times.

If nothing else, crop circles show us that there is a force of life other than ours, it is intelligent, and occupying our planet.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I wonder if there's any similarity in the two species?

Think from a shamanistic level and imagine how similar these are! Both float seemingly effortless, the long, intricate wings of the dragonfly match the long tentacles of the jelly fish. Mostly the movement style and "feel" of the animals is what struck me.

I could be reaching here but who knows - just a first thought.

Wonder if they're connected genetically?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
the first one had circles and the end of the middle tail all pointing center. The dragonfly has the circles being rotated. It could be a clock. It could be some code for something, or it could be that they like our animals and love circles.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join