It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Terra Papers - Fact or Fiction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I have had a great number of discussions from one who was (is) a friend of his back in 1970. She and I began our discourse shortly after I learned of the Papers. She was aware of them in 1970.

Yes, in an effort to spread the information they were released as a booklet later in his efforts to inform us all. But the original work was from 1968 or 69.

What you have is an unsubstantiated claim. Fact, there is no evidence outside of these claims, that the Terra Papers were around before the 1990s.

The woman referred to is a member of ATS. She has posted in the much larger Terra Papers thread. I say nothing to the validity of this person, but Amerterasu's claim is not unsubstantial.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

The claims that the Terra Papers came before Star Wars of Zecharia Sitchin is only your word. That may be fine and dandy to some people, but it is not a fact. Proof is needed to show when these papers came out, and so far there has not been any proof to show when they actually came out. Can Mr Morning Sky produce the name of the professor he turned the papers in to?

Also, I stick by with the fact the papers them selves are very crude and too juvenile to even be considered for a college term paper (or a thesis). I have read many books, both fiction and non-fiction, and The Terra Papers are not very professionally written.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

Thank you for your supportive information. Yes, the woman I am speaking of is a member of ATS, and she did relay that she knew Mr. Morning Sky in 1970, and was also aware of the Papers at that time.

I know she an I discussed it in email, but could not remember whether it was discussed in the thread - then again, I seem to recall the tread's title being something like: "The Terra Papers - I was there..."

Anyway, thanks again. [smile]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by superdebz
I started reading it with an open mind
but then the whole "Deathplanet" where the picture and descriptions is suspicsius like star wars "deathstar" Yeah i was kinda like meh

Check your timelines.

Don't you think maybe Star Wars took it from the Terra Papers?

If they did then at least we know how to destory it.
Send a detinator into the unprotected exsorst port.

problem solved.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

The claims that the Terra Papers came before Star Wars of Zecharia Sitchin is only your word. That may be fine and dandy to some people, but it is not a fact. Proof is needed to show when these papers came out, and so far there has not been any proof to show when they actually came out. Can Mr Morning Sky produce the name of the professor he turned the papers in to?

It's not just my word, but believe as you wish. [shrug]

Also, I stick by with the fact the papers them selves are very crude and too juvenile to even be considered for a college term paper (or a thesis). I have read many books, both fiction and non-fiction, and The Terra Papers are not very professionally written.

I have known college graduates that couldn't write themselves out of a paper bag. I wondered how they managed to graduate.

So using the quality of the writing to determine whether the work was written by a college student is...I dunno... Limiting?

Anyway, thank you for your response.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Fact: There is no evidence that you'll accept that the Terra Papers were around before the 1990s.

Because you have presented no evidence. What you have mistaken for evidence amounts to word-of-mouth, someone gave you their word they saw them before 1995. Fact is, there is no hard evidence they existed before the 1990s. And in a field replete with hoaxers, hucksters and outright liars, someone's word is not good enough.

The Tablets are more history, accounting, and reporting, than myth. And they are a far cry from what bits and pieces were translated before.

Show us. Show us these supposed tablets that corroborate the Terra Papers.

You also did not answer which Sumerian myths the Terra Papers supposedly mirror.

I can't answer that for the poster that posted that. Perhaps you should ask them.

You are making that claim as well. Quoting you again from above;

The Tablets are more history, accounting, and reporting, than myth. And they are a far cry from what bits and pieces were translated before.

And earlier in the thread:

Well, you are welcome to conclude what you wish, but by my reconning, and my gut as well, they are the truth. They accord with the Summerian Tablets, which were just beginning to be translated when the Papers were written.

So, show us these tablets. You seem to know a lot about the content of these tablets, so show us.

If you read what I have written, it will become fully apparent that this was educated speculation from the beginning.

I am glad you acknowledge it is speculation. I will dispute that it is "educated" but will grant that I misread your comments as being statements of fact.

These two were either given permission by a council of Elders, or were sharing something with a friend.

Now you are relying on special pleading to make your case. First you say that the Hopi would not share their secrets with outsiders, then tell us in this special case they were. You are trying to have it both ways.

What is your investment in this, dear. It seems awfully important for you to debunk by way of obfuscation and ridicule.

So what's your point and why is this so important to you?

And, in fact, this whole issue has you dancing to discredit me. I want to know what's so important... Does the thought of the Papers being true scare you THAT much? Or are there other, more...spooky reasons that you are so invested in this? I just can't tell.

Now you are being asinine. Need I remind you of your original post?

What I am wondering is who of you believe they are true, and who believe they are fiction.

Also, I would like to know any reasons you may have for your views.

You invited others to give their opinions, opinions contrary to your own. Now that you are being challenged and asked questions you have no easy answers for, you are resorting to ad hominem attacks and appeal to motives. You are trying to distract by accusing others of having some ulterior motives. One could easily ask you the same questions; why is it so important for you to spread this gospel? Why are you resorting to attacks and obfuscation, is the truth too hard to face?

But don't answer that, because I do not care. Discuss the topic, not the people making the arguments.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Hi,

Just read the thread and found it interesting, I have read the Terra Papers and I am neutral on the subject, but find it fascinating. I came across an interview with Robert Morning Sky a few weeks back. There is a link below to the interview dated 20 March 2009, I hope you find it interesting.

www.veritasshow.com...

I hope this may answer some of the questions posed in the thread.

Cheers Djaybeetoo

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by djaybeetoo

Thank you so much for that link! I appreciate any new information.

Star for you!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Amaterasu, thanks for pointing out the links to your glossary.... I did not see that before. I had reviewed it and that will clear a lot up. I try to spread the knowledge of the books to people whom are interested in the unknown or with an open mind. Like I stated the names of the " People " are confusing to me but the glossary you created will help me explain to others.

I still think this is a great book.... or books. I never knew anyone whom had knowledge of Robert or happen to be his close friend so I cant 100% believe it. However like I stated earlier it makes alot of our worlds history make sence. Either way I am glad I read it incase alien do contact humans ( publicly ) I will have some knownledge.

Once again Great post and I am interested in what other think about the books, if they believe in the books or not.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by Topsy_Cret]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Until you explain your vested interest in this - I'm pretty much done addressing your words, which tend to twist and misinterpret.

Why is it so important to you to "disprove" The Terra Papers?

(Your moniker may be a clue...?)

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Topsy_Cret
Amaterasu, thanks for pointing out the links to your glossary.... I did not see that before. I had reviewed it and that will clear a lot up. I try to spread the knowledge of the books to people whom are interested in the unknown or with an open mind. Like I stated the names of the " People " are confusing to me but the glossary you created will help me explain to others.

You're most welcome. [smile]

I still think this is a great book.... or books. I never knew anyone whom had knowledge of Robert or happen to be his close friend so I cant 100% believe it. However like I stated earlier it makes alot of our worlds history make sence. Either way I am glad I read it incase alien do contact humans ( publicly ) I will have some knownledge.

Once again Great post and I am interested in what other think about the books, if they believe in the books or not.

Thank you so much! I think though that we need to be proactive (and not to "promote" my book - it's free - but it outlines a proactive solution... Link in my sig.) We need something that draws us together, and my "simultaneous service to self and others" option, I think, is the best solution.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I agree with you... And I have not been promoting this as your book. Just the glossary you provided the link for ( giving you credit for posting ) . I promote the Terra papers to anyone with an open mind.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Topsy_Cret
I agree with you... And I have not been promoting this as your book. Just the glossary you provided the link for ( giving you credit for posting ) . I promote the Terra papers to anyone with an open mind.

I think my words were misunderstood. Seems some are disgruntled at my efforts to spread my proactive ideas, which I describe in my book, The Abundance Paradigm, and complained. Thus I wanted to specifically state this was NOT a promotion of my book - it is free, after all - but of the ideas I have, laid out in the book.

Thanks for your great interest in the Papers.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Until you explain your vested interest in this - I'm pretty much done addressing your words, which tend to twist and misinterpret.

I have no "vested interest" outside of the truth; you asked for opinions and you got mine. Your behavior towards any skepticism is very telling, as you have attempted to cast others as "disinformation agents" as well. You need to understand you are in a discussion forum, one where you asked for opposing opinions.

As for my moniker, it is a comic book character.

The questions I asked were simple, particular in regard to the "Sumerian Tablets." Yet you cannot provide even the most simple request for proof, instead turning to ad hominem attacks and appeal to motives.

So I will ask again; produce these Sumerian Tablets you claim corroborate the Terra Papers. It should be a very simple matter. Answer the question, do not resort to ad hominem attacks and appeals to motive.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

I have no "vested interest" outside of the truth; you asked for opinions and you got mine. Your behavior towards any skepticism is very telling, as you have attempted to cast others as "disinformation agents" as well. You need to understand you are in a discussion forum, one where you asked for opposing opinions.

It is not the opposing views - there are plenty I have no issue with. But they come on and say things like, "I really don't believe they are true. Not enough proof for me."

They don't get in one's face and and make demands, insinuate lies, and verbally pummel the issue with vehemence. I want to know why you are.

And I did NOT "attempt.. to cast others as "disinformation agents" so much as speculate as to the reasons someone would be so emotionally invested as to behave the way you are. It was an invitation to let me know why this is SOOOO important to you.

The questions I asked were simple, particular in regard to the "Sumerian Tablets." Yet you cannot provide even the most simple request for proof, instead turning to ad hominem attacks and appeal to motives.

I never said that they read nearly verbatim. That was another poster. *I* said they accord well. In other words, nothing clashes, and though not specific, necessarily, the Tablets paint a picture that the Papers fit into.

I guess I can go out and find all the translations and link them here, if that is your wish. But you will not see the story itself detailed as in the Papers, but will see things that suggest the information in the Papers.

So I will ask again; produce these Sumerian Tablets you claim corroborate the Terra Papers. It should be a very simple matter. Answer the question, do not resort to ad hominem attacks and appeals to motive.

Please quote my ad homs, please. To my knowledge, I never called anyone anything. At worst, I might have said, "In my opinion, ..." Which is not an ad hominem. If I said, "You are a ..." Now THAT is an ad hom.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimminycricket
I watched some of the videos in the past, and while interesting, I just couldn't buy into it, and there was just something odd about the man presenting the ideas, he seemed a bit too much like a dodgy salesman mixed with a fraudulent guru.

Are you sure you were watching Robert Morning Sky? I have been unable to find any videos except for some segments recently on youtube from a way back when workshop... Just wondering ....

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I have read the Terra Papers, and conclude they are an act of fiction. The author steals from a variety of sources, including Star Wars (the Death Star), Battlestar Galactica, Zecharia Sitchin and others. Many who support them claim author Robert Morning Sky wrote them before those 1970s shows and books, but they have yet to prove it as Mr Morning Sky did not release the papers until the early 1990s. He claims they were for a university term paper, but they are written on a sixth grade level, which would not be very acceptable to any college professor.

It does seem like Mr Morning Sky was into all the New Age shows and pop culture of the 1970s when he decided to write the papers and call them real.

If they are real, where is the body of the alien who lived among his people? Where is the other proof of the alien encounter?

The good news is that the papers are a short novella so they do not take much time to read. The bad news is that it is an hour I will never get back.

"Memes" explain the idea of waking up with a great "idea" for a movie, eg StarWars. The idea doesn't have to "come" from a person, it's out there being picked up because its all from "somewhere" to begin with!

The alien known as Bek'Ti as I understand it returned to his people and from time to time still communicates with some on earth.

Robert Morning Sky was never into the New Age shows of the 70's that I know of - do you know as you're the one who mentions it that he was?

He did do presentations at some of the Whole Life Expos, and the like which usually had a mix of New Agers, ex-CIA's, astronauts, health, etc. etc. and also at the Prophets Conference in LA sometime back in the 90's. But the 70's? Haven't heard of it, would be interested to know where you get that notion from.

I haven't met ANYONE who was read Sitchin's books !!! I have them all and haven't read a single one because it's so technical - I can only browse them or look up information - and when I first met Robert he didn't have the books or know much about them as I recall.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I personally have NO doubt the Terra Papers are exactly as Robert Morning Sky has claimed. I can't prove it - and you can't prove otherwise - some things just have to be given at least the benefit of the doubt or else there's always a possibility of closing off to shards of real truths.

He never intended them for mainstream publication. They were written BEFORE COMPUTERS so editing on pages is extremely tedious because you're using an actual typewriter (for those of you too young to realize that!). And he has now officially rewritten them in true Robert Morning Sky Style that I believe would knock your socks off with the linguistics and writing - check his website - he's back!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Robert Morning sky is a fraud. The native community where he is supposedly from has never heard of him/grandfather or this supposed legend. Also the all Native people from America and Canada know he is not a native american/canadian. So where is he from.
www.newagefraud.org...
Read the posts on the website from educated indian + actual hopi legends
www.indianlegend.com/hopi/hopi_index.htm.

It is funny that there are people out there who believe his star wars ripoff of a fable.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by kerazeesicko]

You are simply repeating opinions from eons ago as gospel and you haven't a CLUE what you're talking about. People like you who throw out others opinions as FACT greatly contribute to the overwhelming ignorance of the masses and the reasons we're here talking about this in the first place.

1. Robert Morning Sky is full blooded Indian. He doesn't look Mexican, White, Green or Russian - he is a full blooded Indian and grew up in the South West. That's a fact.

2. If anyone has seen him dance, you would know this man exudes passion and fire.

3. If anyone has heard him talk, you would know this man exudes intelligence and passion.

4. If anyone has ever had the opportunity to talk with him, you would know you were in the presence of someone who has what humanity needs - KNOWLEDGE of who we are.

That this stupid discussion group seems to have more credibility than people who actually know and have worked with the man is a very sad statement and something I hope anyone reading this will consider next time they read about someone's blatant discrediting based on....... ????

That site actually tries to use his words against him - He starts by claiming he is a nobody! Because it's about the work, not the person or medium presenting it.

Are we as a race in dire straits on this earth?
Are we dominated by a secret government?
Are there aliens among us?
Have we been lied to since our creation?

THAT'S WHAT THE TERRA PAPERS ARE TRYING TO TELL YOU! We've been lied to and if you don't want to wake up to that - cool - makes the sorting easier in the end

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Although I know The Terra Papers have been discussed here, it's been a while since they were introduced here and many have had the chance to read them.

What I am wondering is who of you believe they are true, and who believe they are fiction.

Also, I would like to know any reasons you may have for your views.

In case you are not familiar with the Papers, here are a few links:

Terra Papers history: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Terra Papers glossary: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Papers themselves: www.freedomdomain.com...

Feel free to chime in when you're done reading if you're just now reading the Papers for the first time.

Hey Ameratsu ! Kudos for going out on a limb

For the record - Yes, I believe the Terra Papers are as close to our real origins as we can get - It sounds like from your other posts that you had some email reply from Robert - I'm so grateful he has agreed to become more or less public and bring out new writings -

I just happened to see this passing through - other than a very few interesting threads I keep up on I'm not here much anymore - Right on for getting your book together - I wish you all the abundance life can bring!

[edit on 5-6-2009 by kshaund]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join