It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Terra Papers - Fact or Fiction

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Although I know The Terra Papers have been discussed here, it's been a while since they were introduced here and many have had the chance to read them.

What I am wondering is who of you believe they are true, and who believe they are fiction.

Also, I would like to know any reasons you may have for your views.

In case you are not familiar with the Papers, here are a few links:

Terra Papers history: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Terra Papers glossary: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Papers themselves: www.freedomdomain.com...

Feel free to chime in when you're done reading if you're just now reading the Papers for the first time.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I have read the Terra Papers.

I believe the Terra Papers are real.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu
"What I am wondering is who of you believe they are true, and who believe they are fiction."

Thats a hard question to answer. I read those papers and they are almost verbatim to the sumerian text.(fantastic read by the way) I would love to believe that they are true but how can you tell. I mean how do I know he didn't just write down what he had read from a translation of the sumerian tablets? Its a tough call but oddly enough I kind of believe them only because I believe what the Sumerians wrote about our beginnings.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
i think there is a good chance there may be bits of truth in them indeed

Robert Morning Sky is an awesome guy, and he will actually answer questions if you ask him nicely (about the papers)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenton1234
"What I am wondering is who of you believe they are true, and who believe they are fiction."

Thats a hard question to answer. I read those papers and they are almost verbatim to the sumerian text.(fantastic read by the way) I would love to believe that they are true but how can you tell. I mean how do I know he didn't just write down what he had read from a translation of the sumerian tablets? Its a tough call but oddly enough I kind of believe them only because I believe what the Sumerians wrote about our beginnings.

The Papers were originally submitted to a college class in the late '60's. This was before much of the Sumerian Tablets were translated. That should be worth something.

Another interesting thing is, as you know, the AR ships are VERY much like Star Wars' Death Stars, yet the Papers were written well before Star Wars. BUT... Joseph Campbell, in his research of myths planet-wide, spent a long while with the Hopi. AND... He was George Lucas's friend and mentor.

I think there's a likely connection.

[edit on 6/3/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
i think there is a good chance there may be bits of truth in them indeed

Robert Morning Sky is an awesome guy, and he will actually answer questions if you ask him nicely (about the papers)

I have been in contact with him, and yes. He is quite courteous in answering questions.

I think the Papers are the closest to the truth we have available to us.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Awesome! [smile]

Thank you for your reply.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hasn't Morningsky said something along the lines that The Terra Papers were actually fiction, but based on facts according to his tribe's interaction with an E.T.?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I read them and read them and read them.
I have yet to read anything that can come close to answering everything I have
ever questioned. Not only answering but explaining in great detail.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Awesome! [smile]

I don't even have second thoughts - they ring true to me.

Oh - and I am reading your book.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I watched some of the videos in the past, and while interesting, I just couldn't buy into it, and there was just something odd about the man presenting the ideas, he seemed a bit too much like a dodgy salesman mixed with a fraudulent guru.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Robert Morning sky is a fraud. The native community where he is supposedly from has never heard of him/grandfather or this supposed legend. Also the all Native people from America and Canada know he is not a native american/canadian. So where is he from.
www.newagefraud.org...
Read the posts on the website from educated indian + actual hopi legends
www.indianlegend.com/hopi/hopi_index.htm.

It is funny that there are people out there who believe his star wars ripoff of a fable.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by kerazeesicko]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Robert Morning sky is a fraud. The native community where he is supposedly from has never heard of him/grandfather or this supposed legend. Also the all Native people from America and Canada know he is not a native american/canadian. So where is he from.
www.newagefraud.org...

It is funny that there are people out there who believe his star wars ripoff of a fable.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by kerazeesicko]

I walked down this road before. Morning Sky is not a Hopi or Apache name and he is unknown to anyone in those communities. He talks about his grandfather but never actually says who he is. He speaks about growing up within a native community but which one he never says. I have a bunch of Hopi and Apache friends and no one seems to know this guy.

Not to derail the thread Amaterasu. Talk about whatever you want regarding the Terra Papers.

In my opinion, I would say the Terra Papers are a fraud based on the fact that he is presenting himself as a Hopi/Apache but not claimed to be Hopi or Apache by either people in any way.

P.s. This is not the first time in Ufology someone has posed as an indigenous person. Anyone remember Robert 'GHOSTWOLF'?

My $0.02 only.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tgautier13
Hasn't Morningsky said something along the lines that The Terra Papers were actually fiction, but based on facts according to his tribe's interaction with an E.T.?

Not to my knowledge. As far as I know, he has said that these are the teachings he learned from childhood.

It's funny, but there is one forum site - and only one I have seen - that seems to go to great effort to discredit him. It was from 2005, and drips with vehemence. Every poster seems to have broad knowledge of the "evils" of Mr. Morning Sky. It is the only "reference" I have seen to all these claims against him.

I am suspicious of that site.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by n0b0DY
I read them and read them and read them.
I have yet to read anything that can come close to answering everything I have
ever questioned. Not only answering but explaining in great detail.

I have to agree with you wholeheartedly. I was suddenly able to understand so many things that until I read the Papers seemed insane to me. But reading the Papers put it all into a perspective that made sense.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Awesome! [smile]

I don't even have second thoughts - they ring true to me.

Oh - and I am reading your book.

They rang so true to me it was (is) incredible! I have never come across anything else that had such a ring of truth.

I hope to hear your reactions to my book. [smile] Thank you so much for reading it!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
www.newagefraud.org...

Ahhhh. There's that forum site - again. Read a couple of my posts up. I am very suspicious of that site. Maybe if there was a more reputable site (forums are not noted for their reliability), then I might consider these claims. But that site raises my suspicions greatly.

And since the Papers were written BEFORE Star Wars... Who might be "ripping off" whom?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodline
I walked down this road before. Morning Sky is not a Hopi or Apache name and he is unknown to anyone in those communities.

And I am looking for proof of these statements. Sure, a disinfo agent (not saying you are one...) could make these claims, but without proof, I set the probability of these statements being true at about 8%. (I note that you have added "Apache" to your list. Last time we spoke, it was just "Hopi" you are claiming the name is not...)

He talks about his grandfather but never actually says who he is. He speaks about growing up within a native community but which one he never says. I have a bunch of Hopi and Apache friends and no one seems to know this guy.

Again, I have no proof of this, and do not know of anywhere that shows him hedging on these questions. Do you have a source where he was asked directly and failed to give good data?

Not to derail the thread Amaterasu. Talk about whatever you want regarding the Terra Papers.

In my opinion, I would say the Terra Papers are a fraud based on the fact that he is presenting himself as a Hopi/Apache but not claimed to be Hopi or Apache by either people in any way.

And between the awesome way that the information explains the craziness in this world, and the fact that there is a clear link through Joseph Campbell to Star Wars, as well as lacking proof of your claims, I respectfully disagree with your assessment.

P.s. This is not the first time in Ufology someone has posed as an indigenous person. Anyone remember Robert 'GHOSTWOLF'?

My $0.02 only.

And it may not be one of those cases at all. Just because another has done that, does not mean that this has happened in this case.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
naw this guys a fraud i'd love to have the answer to our existance but cmon now.... this guy is just a really good salesman, because i'd buy something that had "The history of the entire universe" on it but then again i'd expect that book to talk and tell me to get a hold of a babelfish as soon as possible and teach me how to hitchhike from planet to planet. I am Metis a french native and I can tell this dudes b.s. knowing a bit about my native roots, our people have been more or less raped and an almost successful genocide has been carried out against them now the native pop. is quarantined on your reserves on their lands, brutal... but just to say the way that man acts is not indicative of his peoples struggles, I think robert should have a bit more to worry about than aliens don't you?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

As you know, I'm a fan of Roberts work. Are the Terra Papers real? Sheesh... I don't profess to know. There seem to be many similarities to Sitchins "12th Planet" which leads me to think that at it's core, there may be some 'cultural memory' and perhaps some embellishment or guess work (Star Wars parallels).

Science still has no acceptable proof or theory to explain the missing link in the genetic history of modern humans. When I was growing up, my father always said that in his mind, he thought there was a distinct possibility that we were either seeded on this planet or somehow tampered with. He suggested it may have come in the form of a 'breeding program' (DNA wasn't a big thing back then).

This has stuck with me throughout my life as my father is a no nonsense kind of guy. I certainly don't discount the Terra Papers out of hand but I also don't look on it as definitive or gospel.

IRM

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join