It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay penguins hatch rejected egg

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MilitieTempliSalmo

So since being gay is a "choice" (
) how can one argue that an animal is less that a human (which a human is an animal) and has "no sense of self" yet can still make a cognitive decision to be gay? And if it is unnatural, how is it being produced in nature.

*Edit - Speeling

[edit on 6/5/09 by niteboy82]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

............................. prison.

Yes? Your point?

Not all prisoners are gay, even those who are lifers.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Please... Lesbian Koala bears... That's so wrong. What were they like the only Koalas wearing flannel? C'mon, what were they like trying to organize the young girl Koalas into a softball game? That's just not right.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

I dont know if its a choice or just something gone bad on the chain, but yea I think its not natural. You see, natural implies "nature" and in every species theres the objective of reproduction. Some creatures, sea and land, even change their sex just to follow that need to reproduce.

Now, if you tell me you can secure the future of your species with "brandon" there without going around nature's rules, I will then call it natural.

And to the guy who posted for "equality"... god man wake up, you ARE different! What equality do you want more than you already have?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MilitieTempliSalmo

And to the guy who posted for "equality"... god man wake up, you ARE different! What equality do you want more than you already have?

I am different? Yep. So are you. Shall we just start telling you that you can't enter into a contract with the state because you are male/female black/white catholic/islamic?

That is what it boils down to. I want the same LEGAL RESPONSIBILIES as other couples have. Why is that so hard to grasp?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Nice story,i personally dont think it has anything to do with being gay but thats me,although i do think homosexuality is genetic or something to do with chemical alterations in the womb...just like being straight is.Although we humans are a complex bunch so sometimes we muddy the water.I've always wondered about this unnatural argument from a certain group of folks...surely if it wasn't natural...it wouldn't be happening?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Originally posted by ImzadiDax
reply to post by karl 12

OH MY!!! I am still laughing.. must wipe tears away...

The pink tiger research institute - classic

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I dont know if its a choice or just something gone bad on the chain, but yea I think its not natural. You see, natural implies "nature" and in every species theres the objective of reproduction. Some creatures, sea and land, even change their sex just to follow that need to reproduce.

Now, if you tell me you can secure the future of your species with "brandon" there without going around nature's rules, I will then call it natural.

Well I can assure you it's not a choice. My family hasn't spoken to me in over 20 years because of it. Why in the hell would I choose that? If I had a choice I'd be like everyone else.

As far as something "going wrong in the chain" that suggests an aberration in the genetic makeup. Which, while perhaps not desirable, it is natural. Like being born with a deformity or handicap.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Look, understand what I'm saying here. I dont know if it's a choice or if it's genetic. My point is dont go saying the penguins are gay just because 2 males decided to take care of an unprotected, fragile egg which was prolly never going to be accepted by any other female. So 2 males decide to take care of the egg and here comes the "see even penguins are gay so its natural" brigade trying to impose their ideas of "right" to the rest of the ppl.

I dont care if you're gay man, I'm fine with it as long as you dont impose your "gayness" on me, or force me to think "its alright to be gay" if I dont, or even push your ideas down my throat forcing me to accept something I dont.

Now lets stop this "animal" comparison because what you are all saying is not completely true. Sure there is homosexuality in "animals" or in "nature" but there is a difference between animals and humans. Animals are gay until nature calls and they have to do their part to secure the future of their species... either they change partner and reproduce or they change sex and reproduce. We as humans do neither at least now. Remember romans and greeks and pretty much all ancient societies... ok, sure they had boy lovers and all that jazz BUT, they still had to have sons and daughters to secure the future of their bloodlines or of their people. Again, right now we as humans do nothing.

So in my opinion right now, again against that guy using "humanity" and "equality" I just have to say that we cant be equals and you cant speak of "humanity" since you dont give back the most precious thing Nature gave you which is "life". The more of "you" exist, the less of "us" are born. You are THE population control...

I think its wrong in your case that you have to go through a situation like that with your family but... I cant really say how would I react if my son was gay... why? Because he would destroy my legacy... my bloodline would be destroyed by him, of course that I would try to do like the romans and greeks and go "can you PLEASE at least have sex with ONE GIRL and get her pregnant so we can assure the future of our legacy?" - yes I would actually make him that proposal... would even pay him.

So human homosexuals are actually the only homosexuals who refuse to give back nature what nature gave them. You can all throw that animal around once in a while that is natural to be gay and whatever, but if your comparing yourselves with the animal kingdom, well... either you change sex in mating season or you find a female partner to assure the future of the human species or... you are the most useless homosexuals on earth at nature's eyes.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ImzadiDax

Ok, again... look. Can you change sex or have a son with your partner. If the answer is "no" Then you're not equal and you're not entitled to same rights as me "as a couple" have. Can you grasp that concept of "reproduction" and "couple"?

Oh and by the way lets check the meaning of "couple" regarding humans shall we?

Couple;

Definition: A male and female associated together; esp., a man and woman who are married or betrothed; To come together as male and female; to copulate.

So how can you have the same rights as a "couple" if you are not one?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MilitieTempliSalmo

They're not saying they're gay because they're taking care of the chick.
They're saying it because they have partnered with each other and everything else that implies.

Think what you want though. Although you don't realize it, you have proven that your opinion isn't worthy of any further consideration.

Have a nice life. And good luck suppressing your instincts.
Yes... it's pretty obvious where your "arguments" are coming from.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

reply to post by ImzadiDax

Ok, again... look. Can you change sex or have a son with your partner. If the answer is "no" Then you're not equal and you're not entitled to same rights as me "as a couple" have. Can you grasp that concept of "reproduction" and "couple"?

Oh and by the way lets check the meaning of "couple" regarding humans shall we?

Couple;

Definition: A male and female associated together; esp., a man and woman who are married or betrothed; To come together as male and female; to copulate.

So how can you have the same rights as a "couple" if you are not one?

First we have 2 kids. 20 and 18. So ... uhh .. yeah.

Second, we have been togther for 13 years.. why arent we a couple? Because you pulled a definition out of a dictionary? That makes no sense. So... yeah.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join