It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is in this picture?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rehab

Originally posted by Myendica
when i first saw it, it felt as if we were on a laptop of computer screen of someone driving a vehicle. you see a face in top left that looks like its wearing a glass helmet, and their arm swings down to the bottom and right holding a shifter. and the "lettering" looking stuff is behind him on the wall of his vehicle. that is how i first perceived it before trying to be skeptical.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I agree about the possibility of image corruption. If the camera phone was damaged, or if the memory (or memory card in the phone) had problems, perhaps some of the images fused together I've seen similar situations (but the fused images had blocks or panels from several images fused into one). It would be interesting to find out if any of the other images (or patterns in those images) from this series inside the memory/card matched the pattern seen in the clouds.

You said that you're "not so savvy with electronics and computers anymore". I hope you're not too much older than I am (mid forties) because I make my living from troubleshooting/repairing electronic things (computers, pro audio devices, etc.) and I'm not looking forward to "losing my touch" any time soon! If anything, after 20 years of being in the IT and music business I feel my skills are better than ever (perhaps the only thing keeping me from being replaced by younger techs and musicians)!

Anyway, if you can find out the particulars on your old Nokia phone, (which exact model, the software used to transfer the images, etc.) people can then have a bit more to work with. Especially if the embedded (EXIF) information from the original image still in the camera can be ascertained, it would help the image experts on this board to figure out what this image might be.

The contacts beneath the rubber membrane where the (broken) buttons are might still be accessible and sometimes can be gently triggered directly from the main circuit board. If you remove the battery on most phones, the model number can be found underneath or nearby. You might want to do another backup of the phone or memory card first if possible before removing the battery.

Hopefully, you'll find out more about this image and the mystery will be solved. Either way, it's damned interesting. Thanks for sharing it with us.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

thank you. and i will goto the store and see about purchasing the items needed to transfer data and if not i'll order online. and granted people dont "shut down"..? the thread i will post i fresh upladed from original camera phone source image. and it will look the same if not clearer, i asure you.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

reply to post by gimme_some_truth

i stopped using the phone because the buttons are broke and doesnt hold a charge. i havent used it for so long i assumed it was broken. i since found it. it turns on when hooked up to a charger, but buttons dont work so hard to navigate. and i have no way of transfering from phone to computer at the moment. since starting this thread i found the cables i would need to purchase to transfer from phone to computer. so when i started the thread, i hadnt thought to search for the phone that had taken the picture since i am sure i didnt photoshop it and wasnt behind glass.

I must be misreading. What you seem to be saying is that when you first made thsi thread you were able to transfer the picture from your phone to your computer. However, You did not have the phone with you yet.... So how did you manage to transfer the picture if you had not found the phone yet? Also, if the phone does not hold a charge how were you able to keep it on long enought to get the picture off of it?

Could you plese explain a little further because I do not see the logic in what you just said.

My next question has to do with where you said

i was not in a vehicle. atleast not to what i recalect

My question is, if you can not are not completley sure whether you were in a car or not when the picture was taken, how are you so sure it was not taken from behind glass?

How you can be so sure, makes no sense to me seeing how you are not sure whether you were in a car or not.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by synchro

i am actually quite young. i just didnt use computers from 2002 to 2006. and my knowledge needs progression. maybe im just lazy. regardless, when i am able to transfer all the data images from the phone to the computer, i will post all of them on a site or something and make a link to them. there is about... i dont know, 70 pictures, maybe more. this is the only one crazy like this, i have a few others that seem oddly exposed, and a few others just showing odd clouds.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Myendica, I take back my previous statement about closing down the thread...sorry. I get a little into the moment as you do, and maybe I tend to over react. The other possibility for the photo is what others are saying. I think it honestly may have been UN-INTENTIONAL...again (I am being on your side here...UN-intentional) image layering. I own a razor, the same happens that someone was speaking of before....when you take a photo it grabs what you initially see and saves that image but the image you wind up with in the end is a fraction of a second later, sometimes this can be layered on your phone in saved images and you wind up with a strange looking photo....a few comments ago someone said it best...maybe you took a picture of the clouds, and swung the phone back to see it...and you wound up getting a dual layered digital photo. That is definitely possible and the end result would bring out brighter colors of the clouds and sky resulting in an image that appears to be photoshopped...but indeed is just an unintentional image layering

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

if you are using quotes of me speaking on this thread then you should be able to find all the answers to the questions you are raising. you seem to just want to attack my "credibility?"... i dont know, but keep reading my posts. i stopped using the phone over a year and a half ago. i stopped using it because it wasnt working properly. it has been so long since i have used it that i assumed it was unuseable. just turns out i havent used it to get to the pictures because i have, or had an idea at the time, that there was anyway to transfer the images from phone to computer. i previously did it when phone was in service, i emailed it to myself, the only way i knew how to transfer the images. which i cant do now since i dont have service, thus i need to purchase the chord. clear?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Maybe next time you can take a picture with part of your thumb covering the lens?

When I saw this my first reaction was..."oh, he took a picture from inside his car. What else am I supposed to see?"

When you get a chance, can you tell me what your sweatshirt said on it?

A reflection. And done.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
[

My question is, if you can not are not completley sure whether you were in a car or not when the picture was taken, how are you so sure it was not taken from behind glass?

How you can be so sure, makes no sense to me seeing how you are not sure whether you were in a car or not.

the only car in which i would be taking pictures through a possible sunroof, the sunroof is very tinted and thge sky wouldnt be as blue, and there would be dirt and smudges due to it being through glass. but i didnt. i was standing outside.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This image was taken from a rear window it reflects the view of reflection from the backseat.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/480ebe1539cf.jpg[/atsimg]

one person took the photo from rear while other was in front driver seat imho.
whoever is in the driver seat is leaning their head to the left.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by NephraTari]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

This is true of any digital image, the smaller it is the clearer and more distinct the image appears. What I'm suggesting is that somehow my cameraphone took an image, then as I moved the phone away because I thought I was done, the phone also captured the fact I was moving. In one case I was capturing an image of a person posing. The preview image shows what I intended to capture, while the image itself shows a blurry shot of the person and the crowd to the right that I made sure was out of view when I first took the shot.

In other words the preview image and the image itself do not match. My cameraphone took two images. One as I stood still and one as I moved away, then made them the same file. It's possible this might have been your case. You intended to capture clouds, but upon moving the cameraphone it captured something else and made them the same image.

Besides for my experience I've never heard of this happening. Good luck figuring this out!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

if you are using quotes of me speaking on this thread then you should be able to find all the answers to the questions you are raising. you seem to just want to attack my "credibility?"... i dont know, but keep reading my posts. i stopped using the phone over a year and a half ago. i stopped using it because it wasnt working properly. it has been so long since i have used it that i assumed it was unuseable. just turns out i havent used it to get to the pictures because i have, or had an idea at the time, that there was anyway to transfer the images from phone to computer. i previously did it when phone was in service, i emailed it to myself, the only way i knew how to transfer the images. which i cant do now since i dont have service, thus i need to purchase the chord. clear?

I have read the whole thread. (twice now) Yes those are your quotes and clearly the answers were not there otherwise I would not be asking you to clarify, would I?

I am not attacking anybody at all. I am merely asking for clarifications on the contradiciton you made about still having your camera and I am asking how you can be so sure that you were not behind glass if you can not even recall whether or not you were in a car.

You still have not answered the majority of my questions.

If you had the phone all along but just thought you could not access the pictures via the phone, why not just say that in the first place, rather than lying and saying that you no longer have the phone?

Also, how are you so sure that you were not behind glass if you can not even recall whether or not you were in a car at the time the picture was taken?

Those are simple questions, really. I am still awaiting your answers.

Peace and love.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

there would be defrost lines on the rear window would there not be? im more sure it isnt out a rear window then i am it isnt out a sunroof. though i am glad you tried pointing some thing out and your opinion on it.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
danj3ris, you were the person I was talking about in my last post! Yes, you have the best explanation other than photoshop...I think it's the dual digital image layering, and it was unintentional. This would also explain how strongly he feels about being accused of photoshopping it...because the only way other than photoshop to get such a result would be the 2 images being saved into one file...unintenionally...mystery solved

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
[

the only car in which i would be taking pictures through a possible sunroof, the sunroof is very tinted and thge sky wouldnt be as blue, and there would be dirt and smudges due to it being through glass. but i didnt. i was standing outside.

Where did you get sun roof from? I said nothing about a sun roof. I said glass. Are you not aware that cars have other windows? It is possible to take a picture of the sky from other windows in a car. Not just a sun roof.

That said. you failed to answer my question yet again. Why are you ignoring what you said earlier about not being sure whether you were in a car or not?

That seems fishy to me , I must admit.

Are you sure or arent you?

This post from you is another contradiction. As I pointed out you said before that you could not recall whether you were in a car or not. Now you are positive that you were outside.

Ok so two contradictions. First you didnt have the camera any more and now you do. Then you were not sure where you were when you took the picture and now you are....

Do you not see why I am questioning your claims? You do not seem to be able to keep your story straight...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I feel this thread has been going on for way too long... Are you going to tell us the truth about this pic or be another faker with an urge to get noticed?

I am watching you...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e739e16d50de.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Woah, once "The Shade" said he was watching...the authors replies stopped. Must be that evil eye Shade!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

"If you had the phone all along but just thought you could not access the pictures via the phone, why not just say that in the first place, rather than lying and saying that you no longer have the phone?"

i havent seen the phone in such a long time and couldnt remember what was wrong or why i couldnt extract the images that i didnt think to look for it first, and didnt anticipate the scrutiny that i should have. i made this thread in haste and with that made stupid mistakes in the wording of my text.

"Also, how are you so sure that you were not behind glass if you can not even recall whether or not you were in a car at the time the picture was taken? "

i made the comment about not recalecting because it was taken over 2 years ago, and with that said, you cannot be precise, even cops will say when being questioned about an incident the person, when trying to recall, will make subtle mistakes. now because i was so amazed trhe second i took the picture in the first place, i am sure i was not behind glass, because i would not have been so amazed. but i cannot recelect because it has been so long. but no, i beleive i was not behind glass, and for you to believe me is your own decision. i am not trying to say this is anything. i want explanation, and behind glass isnt good enough, for me.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Unfortunately it wasnt a good camera that took the picture, and unfortunately i no longer have the original nor the camera that took it.

First you say that you no longer have the camera and then you say.

i do still have the camera phone that took the picture,

I don't know what's in the picture but it sure looks like a reflection off a window.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PeterGriffin

Woah, once "The Shade" said he was watching...the authors replies stopped. Must be that evil eye Shade!

I have that effect on people...

Second line.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by The Shade]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join