It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is in this picture?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Thats what my initial thought was because of the angle the power lines appear to be on. That and the black thing in the right hand corner looks like the side of a sunroof.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Myendica, woah buddy...I was simply trying to help you figure out what was in the picture...Normally I would say that such hostility (in your response to my explanation) is normally a sign of guilt BUT if you say you didn't photoshop it I'll take your word for it...But if yoiu didn't, then one of your friends, or someone who works at the shop where you got it developed, someone with access to your computer, camera, phone, etc may be playing a trick on you. To sum it up...I am a graphic arts designer.....the picture, in my professional opinion is 99.9999% photoshoped. I'm leaving out the .0001% for you since you said "I didn't do it"...Good luck on "finding out what it is"

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Hey, no problem. I don't want you to think I am calling you a liar, I just always look at all angles. I know that there are times where I forget certain details about things, thats why I look into things the way I do.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PeterGriffin

i dont know how you think i could read your first post and see that as you trying to be helpful. maybe you should have been less comedic?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Myendica, your right I guess I could have been less comedic...But I love Joe Pesci and he always said "so you think I'm funny? Like a clown funny?? Tell me, tell me what's so f'n funny"

Anyway, in all honesty, I really am a graphic arts designer, even the highlighting of the clouds (brighter white colors) the strengthening of the blue...add the image layer and "clear" feature....its photoshopped

Whew, we can all rest easy now

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The three biggest possibilities (IMO) in no particular order:

1. Photoshopped
2. reflection through glass (possibily through car window?)
3. Double exposure (assuming it was a film camera)

I do not see this as anything supernatural/paranormal at all.

Sorry.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The picture is a photoshoped something. If you open it up with somthing like MS paint and zoom in on the lower right you can see whre this thing in the sky is in fron of the power lines. If you look under the thing on the upper left you can see some large square blocks of pixelation. Also if you invert the colors it makes this thing pop out a bit more.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If this is not photoshopped as you say then why not post the original pic with the xif data intact for people to look at?

You have been asked. Why have you not supplied it yet?
oh nvm I see the camera is now conveniently broken.

at any rate.. that is a reflection.. It is what it is.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by NephraTari]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Originally posted by Myendica

oh and i suppose i lied, i do still have the camera phone that took the picture, it is broken but the picture is still on it if someone wanted to extract it from the memory.

You see I find this statement odd because of what you said in the OP. Here are your exact words.

unfortunately i no longer have the original nor the camera that took it.

So my question is, why are you contradicting yourself? You either have the camera or you don't. Right? Did you find your old camera and forget to mention it or are you making it up as you go along?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
hi, that is not photo shopped, i know becuase it would look better.

it is simply a reflection of someones jacket, the photo was taken through a window, i know this for certain, theangle of the picture up at the sky seems to go along with this also.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PeterGriffin

i posted another picture that was taken with the same camera phone, and the discoloration i think is from the exposure of the camera. no one had access to my phone unless they hacked it from the internet, and no one i know who have had enough info to have done it. and it is still on the phone like it appears on this thread.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Exposure: if you want make exposure fakes here is one program to webcam, you can change exposure time:

www.nimisis.com...

Example: 15 second exposure: video 10 second sky then move camera to light source / object etc. It looks great.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

i stopped using the phone because the buttons are broke and doesnt hold a charge. i havent used it for so long i assumed it was broken. i since found it. it turns on when hooked up to a charger, but buttons dont work so hard to navigate. and i have no way of transfering from phone to computer at the moment. since starting this thread i found the cables i would need to purchase to transfer from phone to computer. so when i started the thread, i hadnt thought to search for the phone that had taken the picture since i am sure i didnt photoshop it and wasnt behind glass.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It's entirely possible the image was somehow corrupted.

Quick example, I used a motorola RAZR camera phone to take a number of pictures. The photos showed up fine as I scrolled through the preview images on the phone but choosing a photo to view displayed a blurry image with light streaks. It just doesn't make sense that my phone would store two versions of the image, a small preview of what I expected the photo to look like and then an image with obvious blurriness due to my moving the phone. Of course I could only upload the blurred images to my computer while the clearer albeit smaller images remained on the phone.

Applying this to your situation, you snapped the photo, flipped the phone around to view the image, and ended up capturing either the clothing you were wearing or the signs behind you. I don't like my explanation but it's the best I could come up with.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hande

i will have to check out your link more thoroughly when i get some time later. seems logical explanation and i appreciate your investigation and input.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Where was the picture taken? "location" state / city / time and what do you think it is first then i can give you my idea ca s right know looks like a fake but i have never seen real does this make any sense? i want to belive...wait i am. so there for i allready belive..ReHaB

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

on the phone, the anomolies in question actually seem alot clearer, and more distinct. when transfered to computer, it seemed to blur and fade a little bit. maybe its the expansion the computer is doing to it to size it up bigger. the smaller the image the clearer it seems.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Looks like a double exposure to me. Granted I'm no photographer or authority on the subject. That is just my best guess.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
hi, that is not photo shopped, i know becuase it would look better.

it is simply a reflection of someones jacket, the photo was taken through a window, i know this for certain, theangle of the picture up at the sky seems to go along with this also.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by MR BOB]

If you put any photo in photoshop, crop it with something else...and simply hit "highlight"...and the "clear" function...the end result will look like what you have here, it could look any way you want it to look with photoshop....but YOU know because "it would look better"....Listen, EVERYONE, it's photoshopped...oh my god...end this thread already, not only is the author contradicting himself in statements of whether or not he still owns the phone (first he doesn't now magically he does) but this is an endless circle of blabber...support proof that it's not photoshopped (and again, as a graphic arts designer...trust me, you can't.) ONE look, even someone on their first day with a photo shop program simply skimming through the manual could tell you that....

Are we really going to continue fueling the fire here for this??

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

I was hoping someone could reverse the image to try to get a better idea of the lettering that we all agree is there. I just wonder if the reflection is from a nearby car then onto the lens of the camera phone. If it is a double reflection it would be readable right? If you still have the phone, try to plug it into the PC and download the pic again. If you can get the original uploaded to ATS then the XIF (or whatever) should be there.

Everyone who is calling this guy out needs to slow down. he has been very up front about this and he is not trying to present a pie tin on a string here. Save the "liar" talk for that guy. he will be back.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join