It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is in this picture?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
double exposure or reflection. No more, no less.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by NephraTari]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

well i dont know why you would be taking pictures of clouds through glass, but i did not. and thats fine, call me a liar. i am not lying, nor have any reason too. i want to know what is up with the picture i took, not to pull one over on anyone. if you have read my posts, i have been proposing theories on how such a thing could occur, i.e. memory anomolies, or even agreeing to someones lens reflection suggestion, though i did not take through glass. why would i do that if i want to get a clear picture of the sky? whatever i would need to do in a reasonable fashion to prove i didnt then i would.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'm calling you out on this one. This was clearly taken from inside a vehicle. You can clearly see printing towards the top of the shot. This just goes to show people will believe anything.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Protostellar

i was not in a vehicle. atleast not to what i recalect. most of the pictures i took with this camera phone came from outside a shopping center, including the previous photos and those since. if i was behind glass when i took the picture, and then saw how amazing it looked, i would know how it occured, thus negating my reason to post it. if i had done it through glass purposely, i would have posted some where else and said "hey check out this cool pic i took through glass. it is amazing. but yeah no, im not a tool who likes to be a fraud, i am actually intrigued and baffled. if you will only believe it is through glass and that i am aliar, well then thank you for your input.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It looks like it was shot through the moonroof of a car... it looks tinted and appears to be reflections from inside the car...

Just my $0.02

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Protostellar

Proto, I have looked at this picture three times in GIMP looking specifically for lettering and such. I haven't found any. Can you maybe give us a x,y box to look at to see what you are seeing?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Have you ever owned a grey long sleeved sweat top, or know anyone that has one? I am pretty sure that's what I can see in the right area of the pic.

i was not in a vehicle. atleast not to what i recalect.

So you aren't 100% sure whether you were in a vehicle or not? How can you be so sure that it's not a reflection then?

[edit on 3/6/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

i do not own a grey sweatshirt. im sure many people i know do though. but i am sure i was not in a car. my car doesnt have a sun roof, nor do my closest friends.

first, if i was in a car, most sunroofs these days have tinted glass, and the sky is too blue to have been through the only car i ride in that has a sunroof, if you want, later today i can take and post a picture through my neighbors sunroof to show it is not. i am sure enough that i wasnt in a car mainly because i try to get the clearest picture of what i am trying to picture before snapping the pic. so windows and glass would be an obsticle and i would wait to take the picture. if it were through glass there would be smudges and dirt spots. and way more tinted.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Myendica]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Hey mate could you tell me the name of the shop u were outside when this was taken?

and by chance were u wearing jeans? (strange question i know)

thanks

rich

[edit on 3-6-2009 by olegkvasha]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by olegkvasha

its in a parking lot with a giant grocery store, a liquor store, a rite aid. no i wasnt wearing jeans. black pants.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
In the picture,it looks like a hand or something is coming out of the sky. The other object is freaky looking. I've never seen anything like it.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Right mate sadly it does look like a case of double exposure, if u rotate the image it looks like a leg/arm in the bottom left and a shop sign or window sign in the top right.

Just my opinion though

/rich

added: mate would be really useful if you could remember the exact names of the shops

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Looks like a gray jacket or shirt with blue lettering across the chest at the very top and an arm is below it. Looks like the body is rotated counterclockwise..

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Oleg, thanks for the rotation.. I hadn't thought of that (blonde moment)... I have to agree.. Looks like lettering. Flip the image horizontally after rotating 90 degress clockwise to account for mirroring effects. I don't recognize the letters or the logo, though.

OP, might help us to figure this out if you told us what part of the world you are in.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

"Giant" is the name of the grocery store. theres a mcdonalds under and to the right of the electrical post. i have my back to the grocery store. though i am a good distance away. im closer to the street then store.

i appreciate your insight. i thought possibly a double exposure. there was a member who claimns that digital cameras cant double expose though...? like i said many times though, i wouldnt know what is or isnt possible, just know it wasnt through glass.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I am going to chalk this up to photographic artifact. After looking at the rotated and mirrored image, it looks like a team jersey or sweat #. What have bee presumed to be a leg looks like it could be an arm, which would scale correctly with the size of the lettering on the shirt.

Good challenge, though.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I am in pennsylvania. i believe i was facing southeast. i had other photos taken with this camera phone that seemed odd photos, but i dont know how to extract anymore photos other then those i have emailed to myself prior to phone breaking and service being cut off.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the info mate
every little helps. After looking closer and changing the brightness im convinced that the object in the corner is a sign overhead or in a shop window. lol laugh at me if you will but the sign looks like it has a hot dog at the bottom?

As i live in the UK i dont recognize the sign but hoping someone does on here..

rich

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
this picture is form the same camera. i have 1 more but unfortunately the rest from this camera are still on phone.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

It reminds me of a giant transformer----with the batteries wearing out for the cloaking mechanism?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join