It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A beautiful suicide

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have to say I only read the first page of replies and already I am sickened by some people's attitudes.

Who are you to judge if suicide is selfish? Who are you to determine if it is wrong? It is just as bad as forcing a religion or certain ideals on someone - calling someone a "piece of" whatever without even knowing the circumstances is just completely asinine in my opinion.

There are some people on this Earth that are selfish for NOT taking their lives. I don't care how precious you feel it to be. It is YOUR life to judge how you want, and for whatever God you worship, if any. It isn't up to the people around you to determine how your life is to be handled, or ended in this situation.

Depression isn't a mental illness. This is coming from someone who has been diagnosed with severe depression for the past 6 years and have attempted suicide once. It is a direct cause of action.

You don't just get depressed for no reason. If this world as a whole wasn't as messed up as it was, we wouldn't have to be labeling everything with a term and every other ailment as a mental illness.

There comes a point in a mind where there is only so much you can take. For some it isn't so much, for other it is an incredibly high threshold. But don't for a MINUTE or even a SECOND thing that depression was caused by the people suffering with it. It doesn't work like that.

You want to blame someone or something for something you see as wrong, blame the people of this world who are the cause of it. An illness and death is one thing, but combined with all the overall crap that this world has devolved to, I find it a wonder that the suicide rate isn't above 50% of all people.

Keep your SELFISH judgments to yourself.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
What a horrible amount of pain and heartbreak they must have felt to take such an action.

No judgement - just love and light to all of them.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

I am against suicide no matter what. I feel human life is so precious and shouldn't be wasted.

Where do YOU get off telling others how to live and die?

Zieg Heil ?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NathanNewZealand

The couple that jumped off the cliff with their dead baby are selfish pieces of [SNIP]!

no YOUR the Selfish one!!!

someone dies and all you can do is think how they did you wrong

you are so selfish its sickening

i bet when someone close to you dies, all you can think is "WOE IS ME"

that is the essence of selfishness

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Originally posted by silo13
I label them courageous, selfless parents caught in the act of unconditional love.

it's the ultimate act of selfishness, not love.

no the act of selfishness is you who think they owe you something

this is the problem IMO, you think its your business to say what others can or can not do with their lives

Suicide does not affect anyone xcept the person who killed themselves

anyone else claiming to be affected is simply being emotional (and you can get over emotions trust me)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
Really. So we should argue that suicide bombers have the right to kill themselves and take a few others out aswell, for the ride. Ok.
So its Ok for kids to gun their way through schools

wow this post is epic

an epic fail

suicide bombers and stuff KILL OTHER INNOCENT PPL

god i cant even argue with you , you would never get it...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Suicide is never beautiful, ever!

I do understand the grief of loosing a child, I lost one to suicide. I do understand the desperation, hopelessness and grief one feels when suicide seems the only option to stop the pain. I have seriously considered it at times in my life. Yet the devastation that the family is left with takes years to heal, years!

I am so sorry this young couple allowed their grief to overcome them. Life always has possibilities and we do eventually heal and find a way to go on. What is sad is the way this is being exploited.

While I do agree that suicide is a selfish act, to say such mean spirited things about people who are lost in their own pain is really past what human dignity should allow.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The one question i have is with the great health care system they have in the UK why did the child die at home without care.

Was it neglect or what.

Did the parents jump because the believed they were going to be arrested for neglect.

Or is there more to the story like they were unable to get proper treatment till it was to late because of the way the health care system works in the UK.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Oh....BOO-HOO, so they lost their already ill child. SO WHAT? What makes their love for their passed child so much more important than the millions of other parents around the world who have lost their children?!?

Go to grief counseling, have another child, MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE!!!

I bet you anything that (if there is an afterlife) in the afterlife the kid was like, "WTF!? What are you guys doing?! It was MY TIME to go, not yours! You were supposed to have another child, not follow me through eternity! Now you guys screwed up everything."

Do you realize how many mothers in Africa lose children everyday due to starvation & disease? They don't go jumping off cliffs; they grieve, get tough, and move on living in living conditions much worse than even poor people in our country have to deal with.

I see no 'beauty' in the stupid decision those 2 parents made.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It's quite sad to see so many people, who have never been anywhere close to being in the shoes of these parents, unabashedly jump in with their shockingly narow minded opinions. I'd have hoped for a bit more reflection, even compassion, before jumping in with their judgemental comments. Some aren't even parents! What's that about?

I don't suffer from depression. I am a very compassionate, strong and emotionally supportive person.

I have been involved in voluntary work within the Prision System, then more recently in HIV/AIDS for many years. I have seen people who have been given a positive diagnosis go through initially being suicidal, then eventually coming to terms with their diagnosis and move on with their lives. Often becoming very strong and supportive individuals with so much to give to others. I have buddying experience too. I very much believe in quality of life.

In my life I have experienced my husband suddenly collapse, diagnosed with Diabetes and a terminal brain condition. Now, 12 years after being told he had less than 12 months to live, he is still alive, but severely brain damaged, blind and paralysed all these years. I got on with bringing up my two young children and also doing the above mentioned HIV/AIDS voluntary work.

I would never have thought that I would EVER consider suicide. I really believed that I knew all my strengths and weaknesses. However, two years ago my teenage son was referred to Oncology at the childrens hospital, we had two scary months of tests for huge lumps on his glands. Those months of were so terifying. Eventully he got the all clear. Whew.

I can honestly say that I am in no doubt that if my son had been seriously ill and died, that I would have killed myself. Even though I have a wonderful daughter just 4 years older than him who I also love dearly, lots of dear family and friends and a happy fulfilled life.

I think this couple were already very wounded by the accident that caused the initial damage, and which eventually lead to the painful death of their very young child whom they were obviously devoted to 100%. There are lots of people committing suicide all over the planet because of bankruptcy etc, and that's only money.

So, I guess my point is that before you come on to this thread with YOUR rather harsh opinions, based on YOUR experiences and perceptions, or lack thereof, just remember that we are all human, all fragile, all worthy of love and compassion. Some of us are just a bit more aware of it than others!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

well since you think its fine to determine if others have the ability to die or not, what if I decided if YOU have the right to live/die??

i bet you would hate that (even tho id love it)

*i would grant you life tho, cuz im a nice guy*

[edit on 3-6-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Hmm, so a couple of selfish people who lost the only thing in their sad little lives that meant a damn decided to do the world a favour and throw themselves off a cliff. It would be a sad story, if it were not so pathetic. Good riddence, lets hope the people they left behind are not so cowardly.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
hello? have another baby? i know it sounds callous, but it is called REproduction... another child would have probably helped heal their broken hearts.

there is nothing beautiful about suicide. it's freakin' morbid. (unless you're goth.)

if you've ever had a loved one go through with it then you know how selfish of an act it is. i'm still pissed off at everyone i knew that committed suicide. it will never make sense to me, not enough to call it a beautiful thing. even as an act of mercy, the conditions that brought it to that point must have been brutal. no beauty. only more sorrow.

perseverance is beautiful. (imo)

not so long ago people would have 3,4,5 or more kids based on the probablility that one or two of them most likely would not survive infancy or live long enough to carry the bloodline. its a good thing that most grieving parents don't do this. many of us may not be here.

if i lost a child i'd want to die too. but a big part of being an adult involves doing a lot of things that you would rather not, including life.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by quackers

So, no sympathy from quakers, I should've known.

To everyone else with similar sentiment: the many cold responses to this topic saddens me, to see so many people judge despair and depression so harshly. It is sad enough, why bash dead people? Does it make you feel tough? hardened to the world? Well, congratulations, I don't want friends like you. If I am sad I will call on someone else, someone with some compassion.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I lost my husband to suicide in 2003. There was nothing beautiful about it.

He had severe Parkinson's and was only 53.

It is a selfish act. I can't think about the good times that we had together. I can only feel the pain of his suicide.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
reply to post by quackers

So, no sympathy from quakers, I should've known.

To everyone else with similar sentiment: the many cold responses to this topic saddens me, to see so many people judge despair and depression so harshly. It is sad enough, why bash dead people? Does it make you feel tough? hardened to the world? Well, congratulations, I don't want friends like you. If I am sad I will call on someone else, someone with some compassion.

Sympathize for the living. Feel empathy and compassion for those who have the guts to endure suffering because frankly, dead people don't give a monkeys what you think or how you feel about them.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by quackers]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

As ATS is about denying ignorance-suicide is one of the most ignorant
things a healthy person could do. (Notice I said healthy)

Suicide is ignorant because it means you do not have the wisdom
to know that LIFE is PRECIOUS.

This couple had a tragedy-yes it is sad but they are healthy and could have
overcome this heartbreak eventually and lived meaningful lives.

Buckminster Fuller and his wife lost a child.
Grief-stricken he went out on a pier and was about to commit suicide .
Luckily, he came to his senses then decided to help humanity instead.
He became a great innovator giving us the geodesic dome and principles
of tensegrity as well as many other inventions.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I ,for one, am not surprised by the number of people on here that claim that this was a selfish act and that making an other baby was an option aswell...

How come all these people are so d*mn capable off judging wether or not these people had other options. Maybe they didn't have any family they left behind? Maybe they tried to have children for a long time and were only blessed with one child? Maybe a second child wasn't even an option.

The shear number of factors that have to be taking into consideration
when judging over these people are just to much for any off the fine people here to contemplate and thus nobody should be able to make such claims.

Yet, most of you do!!! Wether it is ignorance or just repeating cliches you have been brought up with ,i don't know but i'm gonna refraim from judging these people and have nothing but compassion for their act and hope they have found peace....

Peace

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Your request has been noted and i understand the edit....

Peace, love and light

Originally posted by Hazelnut
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Call me a softie then because your post made me cry.

Now why would i call you a softie?? I did make me cry aswell but does that imply that it can't be beautiful??

Peace

Originally posted by Reading
They just wanted to be with him no matter what it took and i cant say i wouldnt of done the same thing, it wasnt a selfish act as some of you NASTY PEICES OF WORK have said it was SELFLESS why do you think they took some of his toys with them?

Thanks these sane words!!!

Peace

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
My friend, you have no idea unless you have a child yourself. Your life pales in comparison to that of your child, and you'd give anything and everything for him/her.

I do have children!! three of them ,so i know!!!

But isn't that beautiful? The amount of love you can have for somebody!!

Don't get me wrong here, i absolutly love my wife and couldn't live without her but the love i have for my children is overwelming. I never had nightmares or fears before i had children but now i can wake up in the middle of the night ,in a puddle of sweat, because i had a nightmare about something happening to them.....

When they say love is powerfull ,they are correct ,very powerfull, indeed!!

Peace

[edit on 4/6/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I'm ashamed to say that i had come to the wrong conclusion about these people.

Over the last few years, there has been around the world, quite a number of infanticides. Parents seem to be killing their own children and then themselves, for some bizarre reason.

I had thought this was another of those stories. Selfish, murderous parent or parents, who don't want to 'go' alone kind of syndrome.

But as we now know, it's a touching bittersweet human story of love and devotion, of heartbreak and despair. The world was not as beautiful as their precious son, and they chose to leave it, to forever be with their 'world'.

I guess the moral is, to be very grateful for our own good fortune, and try to see how lucky we are for our own families, and to try not to let the flotsam and jetsom of everyday life, prevent us from seeing it.

Very sad, but beautiful in a way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join