It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A beautiful suicide

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The good lady was Japaness, I don't mean to offend anybody from Japan because I have a small understanding about customs that differ from the rest of the world. It was a case of a family being so in love for sure and the respect of those around that family to be left in peace!

I know how much they loved that wee man they got a VW bus to drive him around in after he suffered that serious accident at 18 months.

Lets just give thanks they are in a much nicer place god bless them

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
True the Japanese have a much different attitude towards suicide.

Their religion does not condemn it, their history is full of brave suicide stories; overall it is accepted and even seen as honorable depending on the circumstances.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Very sad story indeed. Though I must say that I can't understand how anyone could think that it was some kind of beautiful thing. I'm not going to judge the parents though as it was their own choise. Sometimes death seems as an easier way when one is depressed. I know because i've been there.. But once again, beautiful? No, only sorrow for those that are left behind..

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
the Japanese do have another angle on suicide, promoting it as an act of honor (under certain circumstances)... to recover from a great loss of honor or a shameful deed.

their loss was great, but without shame or dishonor.

which is more acceptable: to be afraid of dying, or to be afraid of living?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shystargazer
I lost my husband to suicide in 2003. There was nothing beautiful about it.

He had severe Parkinson's and was only 53.

It is a selfish act. I can't think about the good times that we had together. I can only feel the pain of his suicide.

I hope you can forgive him stargazer. If I had a severe case of Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, or several others, the last thing in the world that I would want, is to burden my family for months or years.

Please believe that he did this for you, not out of selfishness. He knew it would be painful, but he wanted you to remember all the good times, and not those last agonizing months as his illness progressed.

I have always been the provider, leader, protector, etc., and cannot imagine my wife or children having to watch me wilt away into a worn out old shell. I won't let that happen when the time comes, and it is not out of pride or selfishness.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Firstly, hugs to you and your little boy.

Nobody should pass judgement on this couple till they have walked a mile in their shoes.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
I have to say I only read the first page of replies and already I am sickened by some people's attitudes.

Who are you to judge if suicide is selfish? Who are you to determine if it is wrong? It is just as bad as forcing a religion or certain ideals on someone - calling someone a "piece of" whatever without even knowing the circumstances is just completely asinine in my opinion.

There are some people on this Earth that are selfish for NOT taking their lives. I don't care how precious you feel it to be. It is YOUR life to judge how you want, and for whatever God you worship, if any. It isn't up to the people around you to determine how your life is to be handled, or ended in this situation.

Depression isn't a mental illness. This is coming from someone who has been diagnosed with severe depression for the past 6 years and have attempted suicide once. It is a direct cause of action.

You don't just get depressed for no reason. If this world as a whole wasn't as messed up as it was, we wouldn't have to be labeling everything with a term and every other ailment as a mental illness.

There comes a point in a mind where there is only so much you can take. For some it isn't so much, for other it is an incredibly high threshold. But don't for a MINUTE or even a SECOND thing that depression was caused by the people suffering with it. It doesn't work like that.

You want to blame someone or something for something you see as wrong, blame the people of this world who are the cause of it. An illness and death is one thing, but combined with all the overall crap that this world has devolved to, I find it a wonder that the suicide rate isn't above 50% of all people.

Keep your SELFISH judgments to yourself.

I completely agree with you and couldn't have said it better.

What many people have devolved into in this world keeps me awake at night. Our race is degenerating rapidly into ugly, self-absorbed, trivia-focused morons. I come to ATS because most of the people here renew my faith in human-kind, but there are those with strong opinions on other people's lives that make me want to refer them to a good counsellor - obviously they have strong issues of their own they need to work through. Honestly, l don't see why anyone can have such a strong opinion about death - it is afterall, a natural part of life. The choice when to end one's own should be respected - afterall, nobody gave any of us a choice to be born.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
Hmm, so a couple of selfish people who lost the only thing in their sad little lives that meant a damn decided to do the world a favour and throw themselves off a cliff. It would be a sad story, if it were not so pathetic. Good riddence, lets hope the people they left behind are not so cowardly.

WOW just wow, where are the mods huh? I had a thread deleted a while back for far less, Seems the motto here is pretty useless really?

What kind of a person can call somebody who just lost their child who they loved dearly pathetic? And good riddance? you obviously dont have kids and you obviously have never lost somebody close. Or you have and your a complete #head

What kind of an emotional tard says things like that? its a shame others think they have the right to judge anybody about their lives, if i had the choice i would swap 1 person like you for 3 people like them

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I have to say that I totally agree with the points in your post. This family lived not too far away and the tragedy has been the subject of local news. The death of a child is highly traumatic.

Regards

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Even though I *personally* am against suicide, yet still support the right of it - these parents did what they THOUGHT was best, under their belief system.

I do not think I would have done the same...but it is THEIR choice. Seems wrong to me, but I do not like telling people what to do.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join