It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A beautiful suicide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I have no idea if this has been posted but if so then please remove this thread....

Couple jump off UK cliff with dead child

Police say a five-year-old boy whose body was found at a British beauty spot with those of his parents had died from meningitis at his home four days earlier, according to reports.

Sam Puttick's body was found in a rucksack, next to the bodies of Kazumi and Neil Puttick, at the bottom of a cliff.

It's believed Sam's parents were grief-stricken over his death, and jumped to their deaths.

Now beside the point that this ofcourse is a tragedy and how much grief these people must have had. I get overwhelmed with an extreme feeling of love, peace, sadness and a whole bunch of emotions when reading this article:

Couple jump off UK cliff with dead child

The fact that two people can love something so much that without it they do not want to live anymore...... Think about it, two people jumping to their death together. Not one of the two trying to talk the other one out of it or saying it's gonna get better. That's amazing to me.....

I have children myself and can relate to this feeling (although i doubt that i would have the guts to actually go through with jumping from a cliff) . Thank god nothing has ever happened to them and i hope nothing ever will.

I hope all three have found a better place and are together.....

Peace

(i can't help but think about people who ignore, beat, molest or otherwise mistread their children in todays world, yet here we have a couple that loved their child so much they can't live without him/her....is this what they mean with bitter/sweet??)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Mixed feelings about this.

Obviously its a great story but i cannot really relate to it because i don't have children.

I am against suicide no matter what. I feel human life is so precious and shouldn't be wasted. But love is a very powerful emotion that i suppose can make people do things they normally would not even consider.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
This is a very sad thing, and it's being made even worse by tabloids like the sun printing things like "they chucked their frightened 5 year old off the cliff in a ruck sack" As if he was alive when they stuffed him in there with his teddys.

Absolute SCUM of the earth, are the tabloids. The rest of the family are trying to come to terms with it, and they have the Mail and the Sun camped outside badgering them 24/7. It's utterly disgusting.

A terrible tragedy all round. including a dark day for journolism.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
This reminds me of the story a few years ago of a retired couple.. one about to die with some terminal illness; went out onto the beach where they met at night, lay in each others arms, the man shot his wife in the heart then turned the gun on himself.

I have mixed feelings on things like this.. but altogether it isn't really any of my business what others do with their life if it isn't involving me.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Yeah. Just awesome a?
Especially for the couple's parents, brothers, sisters, friends, loved ones.

The couple that jumped off the cliff with their dead baby are selfish pieces of [SNIP]! They couldn't handle their grief so they put a whole lot more grief on everyone else.
Yes, I've got kids.
Lots of people, in fact EVERY SINGLE HUMAN THAT HAS EVER, OR WILL EVER EXIST will lose those who are dearest to them. Mourn and deal with it like everyone else.

The couple that jumped off the cliff with their dead baby are selfish pieces of [SNIP]!

Mod Edit: Removed censor circumvention.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NathanNewZealand
The couple that jumped off the cliff with their dead baby are selfish pieces of sh*t!

My my, that's one strong statement!!!

I, for one, am very glad goverment or anybody else hasn't got the power to prevent people from carrying out such an act!!

You seriously mean that you would like to see people like this being prevented from ending their own life and instead learn to live with the loss of their child, only to please others??

Mourn and deal with it like everyone else.

Maybe not everybody is as strong as you are!?!

I have children aswell, three of them, so i wouldn't have the choice to end it if one happened to pass away and i would have to mourn and deal with it.
But if i had just one child and he would fall away i wouldn't consider not taking my own life just because my friends and family wouldn't want me to do that......i believe they would understand the reason and not convict me as strongly as you just did these two people!!!!

Peace

[edit on 3/6/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The little boy had been paralysed from the neck down since he was 18 months old - the result of a tragic car accident. This, l'm sure, had already affected the parents' perspective on things enough already.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This is just awful. I can't believe the parents would do this. I am 100% against any suicide, like the above poster said 'life is to precious'

I feel for them and show an unconditional amount of compassion towards them for their loss, but was suicide the solution?

Such a shame for their families.

x Peace be with them x

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
For the people who’s opinions run to labeling suicide as selfish, the people who commit this act nothing but excrement?

Well, I hope you’re never in a position where life has so overwhelmed you, you find yourself looking down a barrel of a gun, or don’t bother to count out a handful a pills, just chuck the whole bottle down your throat...

There’s nothing like getting a dose of tragedy *up close and personal* to change opinions... I hope it doesn’t take something horrific to change yours, or to allow you to feel compassion and sympathy for the life of others.

That these parents so wanted to be with their child, to continue to love and nurture their little baby, together, that they sacrificed their own lives to follow their child into the afterlife?

I label them courageous, selfless parents caught in the act of unconditional love.

Would I apply this judgment on all such cases, no.

But, in my opinion, my gut check tells me these parents did exactly what their hearts told them to do, no matter the fear and pain to get there, they did what it took to be reunited with their child.

May they all experience the afterlife, together, in love and in peace.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
For the people who’s opinions run to labeling suicide as selfish, the people who commit this act nothing but excrement?

Well, I hope you’re never in a position where life has so overwhelmed you, you find yourself looking down a barrel of a gun, or don’ t bother to count out a handful a pills, just chuck the whole bottle down your throat...

There’s nothing like having personal tragedy get into your life up close and personal to change peoples opinions - I hope it doesn’t take something horrific to change yours, or to allow you to feel compassion and sympathy for the light of others.

That these parents so wanted to be with their child, to continue to love and nurture their little abbey, together, that they sacrificed their own lives to follow their baby into the afterlife?

Nothing but a courageous, selfless act of unconditional love.

Would I apply this judgment on all such cases, no.

But, in my opinion, my gut check tells me these parents did exactly what their hearts told them to do, no matter the fear and pain to get there, they did what it took to be reunited with their child.

My they all experience the afterlife, together, in love and in peace.

quoted for the truth..

second line.. quoted for the love

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Absolutly breathtaking reply.....

I agree with suicide not being the best sollution in all cases!!!

Peace

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I couldn't have put that better, if i had 100 years of academy behind me.

this act, whilst has left people in pain and anguish, was an act of love, brought upon by pain that most of us couldn't ever begin to imagine (and i truly hope and pray that none of us ever experience) To judge one on such an act is wrong. As you can not judge a man until you've walked a mile in their shoes.

And as i said before, I hope that none of you ever have to do that.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
I label them courageous, selfless parents caught in the act of unconditional love.

and their parents?
everybodies somebodies child.

your heart is in the right place, i understand where you are coming from, but IMHO, somebody who takes their own life does nothing except take their pain and give it to somebody else.

it's the ultimate act of selfishness, not love.
it's heartbreaking too. but i feel more for the ones left behind.
it's not some beautiful ending, its a sad and heartbreaking incident in somebodies life.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
(Snip),there aint nothin beutiful about suicide. anyways there's no way of knowing if he threw her off the cliff.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by asala]

[edit on 3-6-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Why thank you so much for that civil and well mannered reply, Mr Bob!!!

Peace

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Mixed feelings about this.

Obviously its a great story but i cannot really relate to it because i don't have children.

If the story is true, same here. Nothing condones suicide, but the story shows something more than alot of people have today. I do not know what they feel as like you i have no children and i am glad.

But mixed feelings about this.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The thing people have to remember about suicide, especially when it comes from depression. is that from the perspective of the peron ending it all, it is, to them, the last act of selflLESSness that one can offer. imagine for a second, if you will, that you think the world and everyone you know in it, would be so much better off without you. Taking your own life in that circumstance, whilst incredibly sad, is the last act of a desperate person. That's why depression is a mental illness. It can make people do things that they think are for the best, which aren't.

just running in and saying "how selfish" is a terrible thing to say. And whilst there are always people left behind by a suicide (I'm one of these people btw) the pain we feel, is nothing compared to what goes through someones mind, when they want it all to stop.

[edit on 3/6/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Sadly this is a true story and has been covered in the last few days here in the UK,

Its a tragic story and I cant image the pain the poor family may have been in to see this as the only option left to deal with there grief,

Now i think we may need to look into the support they had? Did they have enough? Is there some plan in place for family's who lose a child?

Where they offered Grief counselling? Therapy?

There's a lot more to know on this story and i think we need to look at all aspects of this case,

Where the family failed by the system? So many questions..

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I can fully relate to these parents' grief. A sad story, and one that would be awesome if we could do anything about it.

As for the suicide thing... We each place our own values on our conscious experience, and it is no one else's right to define our personal value placement. If one spark of consciousness has no value to give to its own spark, who is anyone that they feel their value of that spark is more important than the holder of that spark?

Suicide is an option for all, and to remove this right because one feels one has a better valuing system is much the same as a murderer who feels they have a better valuing system than the one(s) they kill.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Love is a powerful emotion. It can cause a man to burn the world for the one they love. Or make a couple die for it. Love is one of the Human Races strongest weapon. With it we can do so much. I cant say they were wrong for what they did, I guess it comes down to what you believe in, its horrible that their child died, that has to be one of the hardest things in the world to deal with after you Parents passing. Like I said people Love is a strong tool that we were given. Never underestimate it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join