It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A beautiful suicide

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
EDIT - Sorry...

Too many U2U's...

Anyway, in a nut shell, never ever leave a loved one to *find* you...

That's about all I have to say about that...

peace

[edit on 3-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
May the world bestow upon you 100 fold good things and still it could not compensate you fully Silo.

I have never been at a loss for words before.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thank you for your concern,I really do..But I have since found that no matter what,nothing is worth ending your own life in the middle of it..

I wouldnt think of it again..Depresion is a terribal thing..I feel that people find it imbarrasing to admit myself included, and would rather just suffer alone..
Its nothing to be imbarassed of,its life it happens to the best of us..

To all out there on the fringe,just tell a loved one what your feeling,be honest and they will help..

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
make sure, damn sure, she doesn’t find you.

Very true. I realize some people just sort of lose all judgement, but a hotel room (with a note warning the maid to call the police) is really the best way. Let the authorities deal with it, they are used to that sort of thing and they won't be traumatized by it.

Even if one lives alone and isn't worried about family, it is still nasty for the individual that finds you especially if it has been several days. A motel will assure that won't happen.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Call me a softie then because your post made me cry. Losing a child is the hardest thing in the world to endure. I have no judgment on this couple, only compassion for the child, the parents and their surviving family members. Bless them all!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Suicide is an option for all,

Really. So we should argue that suicide bombers have the right to kill themselves and take a few others out aswell, for the ride. Ok.

Are you being deliberately dim? Or are you unable to see that that was NOT what I said? I did NOT say "Suicide is an option, and especially if you take others out with you."

So its Ok for kids to gun their way through schools, and at the end of it, we have to preserve their right to deal with their "spark issues" when they turn the gun on themselves. OK.

Again, you are being either deliberately or truly dim. Reading comprehension issues?

So when a marriage breaks up and parents get to fight over thier children and one parent decides that life is to tough and decides to kill the kids and then commit suicide, we need to applaud this as an act of love, and remember this person has the right. Ok.

Geez. You really are hell-bent on riding the trail of words you are trying to insert into my mouth, aren't you?

I raise these issues because suicide is an excuse for some people. It is not a right.

It is absolutely a right. But you made murder out to be suicide and then tried to claim that suicide, for these "reasons" is not a right.

and to remove this right because one feels one has a better valuing system is much the same as a murderer who feels they have a better valuing system than the one(s) they kill.

Its a grey area, and one that effects so many people in many different ways that I think it is assinine to consider the values of murderers and suicides or how other view them.

Murder is a whole 'nother ball o' wax, dude. Murder is choosing death for another. Suicide is (and always will be) a choice for the individual alone. And it is THEIR value of their conscious experience that matters, and no others.

Quit lumping murder with suicide. Two different animals completely.

I can't remember anyone saying these people have no right to top themselves, but suicide is a permanant solution for temporary problems.

Or at least one might think. But there is NO "temporary" loss of a child. Once the child is dead, that will be with one always. If one does not value consciousness without the lost one, that is ONLY THAT ONE's to determine and act on. All others have no say, not knowing the one's perspective 100%.

One of my friends just had a still born child a few weeks ago. Its amazing to see how people want to deal with their grief, and come out wanting to help others. and how many others out there that have had similar experiences and are there to help. That is Love

All good. But if your friend could not value their life carrying that loss, who are you to tell them that they must value their life?

And then there are those that throw themselves from a cliff, to a round of applause from those that think it was an act of love. Love is endurance. Love is living. Love is remembering, Love is being alive to share it, be it grief or not. Love is what you express in grief. Love is everlasting, Grief is fading. Love gives life, Love is life. Suicide is non of this. Not even close.

The applause is chosen by those who applaud. Love is indefinable, as its expression varies widely person to person. And I never said that suicide had anything to do with love, per se. It has to do with the value the suicidee places on their continued consciousness.

Do I feel for these people, yes.
Can I understand it. Yes.
Will I see this as an act of love. No. Never. Ever.

[shrug] Again, it isn't about love but value assigned.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by azhure heart
The little boy had been paralysed from the neck down since he was 18 months old - the result of a tragic car accident. This, l'm sure, had already affected the parents' perspective on things enough already.

I have a baby that has struggled since his premature birth and is currently almost normal. He has had several set backs that he did not deserve. He is only 18 months now. If he continued to struggle until he was 5 like this boy, and then died anyway, I would have a very hard time believing in anything. I totally understand these parents reaction. I am afraid my anger would be directed outward instead of inward. I would hope to have the strength to kill myself instead of misdirecting my anger at the rest of the world!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

"If you people think death is so peaceful and beautiful, why wear a seatbelt? a life jacket, helmet,etc. Because you DONT want to die."

Self-preservation is healthy, I agree. What is being discussed here is depression and how it affects the human physiology/soul.

"Being so far gone that you cannot take life anymore is absolute rock bottom but you must be broken before you can be fixed. What if we all just off'd ourselves everytime something bad happened. We have all loved, all lost, but you gotta keep on going, its what makes us humans."

My best Chris Farley voice: "that's your theory." I am glad you are such a workhorse, God forbid anything ever happens to you that would challenge this sentiment, for then you would be in mental torment.

"There is help out there people can use when they get this far, they just want to try and martyr themselves for their "cause". Suicide is stupid, thats just my opinion. I have no pity for those who do it, only for the hurt ones they have left behind with such a senseless tragedy."

Okay, so no sympathy from you. I am glad I am not your friend. I bet you treat other tragedy with harsh judgment as well.

When people are sad it is important to empathize, not judge. If a friend called you in tears, you would not place demands or judge them harshly, so why do it when some tormented soul leaves early? It doesn't make any sense. We need to pray for people lost to suicide, not write them off as "cowards who weren't as tough as I..." get real, get some compassion in your soul.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
truly a beutifull story, Suicide isnt the answer in most cases but in this one it seems to fit.

The kid was involved in a car accident as a baby which left him a qaudriplegic (SP) And the parents had devoted their life to looking after him 150%

They set up a charity for him and made everyday fun for him as best they could their sole purpose in life was their child, i can understand how hard it must of been for them because i always told my EX when she was pregnant that if the child was disabled i dont know how i would cope.

Luckily my daughter was fine but i truly know it takes a special kinda person to look after a disabled child.

And then in the harshest way the child caught meningitus his weakened body couldnt fight it and he died at home with his parents, Imagine being them how they must have felt.

They just wanted to be with him no matter what it took and i cant say i wouldnt of done the same thing, it wasnt a selfish act as some of you NASTY PEICES OF WORK have said it was SELFLESS why do you think they took some of his toys with them?

Hard to believe in a god when things like this happen

My heart goes out to to everybody involved

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
am i the only one who thinks Dr.Kavorkian,releived alot of pain from people?..I truly beleive if a person has a terminal desiese,and wishes to end the suffering it should be legal..

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Police say a five-year-old boy whose body was found at a British beauty spot with those of his parents had died from meningitis at his home four days earlier, according to reports.

It would be nice to have commas or parentheses, around the main reason for the incident, to have it been made clear!! I had to read this shet three times to understand what actually occurred.

I don't know, maybe I should drink less. LoL.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
While I can empathize with the pain of their loss, I have to agree with the previous posters who have said that suicide is never the answer. I don't have children, but in 2005--in less than a five month period--my family and I went through an agonizing time of grief. My aunt passed away, and just a few months later, my father died unexpectedly and left my brothers and me in a daze of "what just happened?" grief. Only a month after that, my grandfather (who I lived with and took care of) was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and spent the next two months in terrible pain, shuttled from hospital to nursing home to hospital.

I can honestly say that those months were the absolute worst of my life. Pure hell. Having someone you love die unexpectedly is a shock, but to have to watch someone die painfully...that is hell on earth. This is why I say I can understand those parents' pain.

What I can't understand is how they could let that pain blind them to the consequences of their actions. Now their families will not only mourn the death of the child, but of their own daughter and son, sister and brother. Do I think it's selfish? Absolutely. But sometimes when the grief is that overwhelming, rational thought can't crack that shell of pain.

It's a sad story for all involved. If they'd just held on, maybe they could have healed. Life's never the same after a tragedy like that, but it does go on, and after time has passed, the grip of pain unclenches from around your heart--even if it is in small, almost unnoticeable increments--eventually.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I agree, there cannot be a beautiful suicide, IMO.... This is an act of cowardess . Ok, losing the child is obviously traumatic but what about the entire family of two sides of the family tree who are now having to deal with this.

I speak of personal experience losing a family member, there is always another option and the family/friends are always left carrying the can.

'I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost'

Someoneyoumightknow

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Someoneyoumightknow

I speak of personal experience losing a family member, there is always another option and the family/friends are always left carrying the can.

Losing a "family member" does not compare to losing a child. It is sad, but it does not compare. I would never have believed it before my two children came along, and if you read my posts in other threads, I am a pretty angry fellow, but just hearing a voicemail from my two-year old brings tears to my eyes.

There is no way to describe this suicide as selfish. Those spoiled teenagers that commit suicide just to get back at someone are selfish, but taking your baby and his favorite toys and jumping to your own death to be with him is not selfish!

I couldn't do it. I would probably go on a rampage instead, but I certainly understand the notion.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Someoneyoumightknow

Losing a "family member" does not compare to losing a child. It is sad, but it does not compare. I would never have believed it before my two children came along, and if you read my posts in other threads, I am a pretty angry fellow, but just hearing a voicemail from my two-year old brings tears to my eyes.

There is no way to describe this suicide as selfish. Those spoiled teenagers that commit suicide just to get back at someone are selfish, but taking your baby and his favorite toys and jumping to your own death to be with him is not selfish!

I couldn't do it. I would probably go on a rampage instead, but I certainly understand the notion.

Im with you on that one, I have a 13 month old daughter and touch wood if anything happened to her i would get myself killed to be with her, i couldnt kill myself but i would find a way.

If you dont have kid's then you cant understand losing a loved one is not the same as losing your child, its hard to get across the difference in love i have between my family and my kid.

Let alone looking after my disabled kid and then losing her to meningitus

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I tried to post the story a few days ago but the mods seemed to dislike it so removed it twice. For one though I would not have called it a beautiful suicide as of the effect this must have had on the couples family. It is very unusual story that both of them killed themselves the grief must have been to much to bear RIP

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
one sucky thing tho... child is in HEAVEN, parents are in HELL....

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
well, it must be hard to loose a child ... I dont think they are selfish ... it would be impossible to keep their lives the way it was ...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickT916
one sucky thing tho... child is in HEAVEN, parents are in HELL....

Only if your an up yourself die hard (insert religion here) fundaMENTALIST

Let me ask you this if there is a god surely he choose for the child to die and the parents to commit suicide

And then he sends the parents (after taking the child) to hell?

God works in mysterious ways right?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The fact that two people can love something so much that without it they do not want to live anymore......

My friend, you have no idea unless you have a child yourself. Your life pales in comparison to that of your child, and you'd give anything and everything for him/her.

I'd die a thousand deaths for mine. I just pray I never have to get into that kind of situation.

But may all three in the story find rest together.

Peace,
FK

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join