It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 126
<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ucanneverdie

Maybe there is a lesson in ur life that was presented in many oppurtunities in the past, without understanding of the lesson, it will start to become more n more apparent n sometimes could quite possibly even effect u ona "spiritual" level.. n it will start feeling restrictive, until the lesson is learned...

But thats juss my 2Cents.

Peace man.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
i used todo alot of meth...once after a long bender i got into a strange "sleep" state...

i could see everyting i was "rolling" aroun looking at the room then realized my body wasnt moving...

so i then realized i could move further than my body. As far as the living room where a friend had just arrived... I saw her listened to her talk and walked back to the room with her. To get in my body roll over and say hi to her looking just like she had...

"hey chanel"
"what how did you know its me"

"same way i know your wearing red"(stll facing the wall)
*roll over*

"how did you..."

"i dont know"

during it it made sense i knew it was reall knew how todo it....later i was so confused...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Last night I was dreaming away...and thought to remember that I was only dreaming.....so boom I become lucid......and in my lucid state I found the people I was with and things we were doing to be utterly BORING...and just decided to fly away and freak them all out.
So arms up 'superman style' I launch myself and head up into swirling brown clouds......I think to try and go see the Great Pyramid and was flying along and realized I was just moving in these swirling brown clouds and got to thinking how I NEVER get to the Pyramid, and right at that juncture I became fully awake...
.....self fulfilling prophecy that I NEVER get TO GO to the Pyramid.

I fell back to sleep but not lucid........when I got up today I hemmed & hawed about posting this or not, and figured it was ALL relative, so it counts.....so here it is.

I consider this a failed attempt........but its such a weird feeling when one 'Becomes' lucid.......I bet that is very much the same experience when we die. That everything you were SO FOCUSED ON, just suddenly becomes irrelevant and it no longer matters much. It matters so little, that in fact you can chuckle at your 'pre lucid' self.......so very child like in its unawareness.

Sadly...when I 'go lucid' I become so utterly aware that I always end up coming fully awake.......it is HARD for me to remain lucid and still remain 'in' the dream.

Does anyone else have this problem?

How did you learn to 'remain in the dream'??

I always look at my hands up close, squint my eyes and focus on things to remain lucid.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
ofcourse we all know oobe happen. let me tell you of an experience that apparantly happened to four selected individuals within the world as an experience of vitual zero gravity the idea was to be able to stimulate technologically an environment that was 0 gravity. believe me it occurred i was one of the four or an extra five that that didn't allow for. in a controlled movement in an oobe i did a comlete somersault within the confines of my own bedroom knowing the entire time i was outside of my own control but within it to the degree thatthe action was performed
believe me or not i speak the truth. i no longer hide my genius or as it my be intuitive nature into the entire being of the complete and future populations

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

River Goddess, So glad to hear you achieved your goal!

I have been working in the Shamanic universe for several years now, but lately I sit here wondering what the next step is towards becoming fully involved in this work.

They say that when a student is ready a teacher will appear.

I think I will begin by reading some books on the subject, but I welcome any private advice on this subject!

Blessings,

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I think I may have had my first "OOBE" in a lucid dream on 9/30. Not sure if it was actually an OOBE, but it sure felt something like that. I was laying in bed doing the rope-climbing method, and apparently I fell asleep. Normally when I dream, the dreams don't start at my bed; this was different. In the dream, at least I think it was a dream, I woke up laying in bed, and I literally watched my "other self" detach from my body. It was very...interesting. Sort of like a ghost or spirit oozing out of my body. Very neat! At this point, I was in the most realistic and lucid dream I've ever had. It was quite undiscernable from reality, and I had at least partial control over it (for a while, anyway). I walked out towards the front door, and then I "floated" through the door. It was freaky, like I could feel the door as I passed through it. I'm outside, and that's when I realize I can fly. So I start flying, and then I realize that I don't know how to go back down. At this point, I panic, and sort of "willed" myself back to the ground, and breathed a sigh of relief. Anyway I'll spare you the details of the dream, but it was freaking awesome!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
So tonight I'm doing another OOBE episode. This one was full of very bright bursts of white light, almost like someone was turning the lights on and off. Pretty cool, but that's besides the point. I'm about 1.5 hours into my "meditation," and my body is sort of numb and weightless-like; and I can feel these intense sort of pulses radiating throughout. These "vibrations" everyone keeps talking about I'm pretty sure this was it. It was a very peaceful state, nothing like I've ever felt before - almost like my body was about to shoot into the air. Also my mind felt like it was in widescreen...if that makes any sense - hard to describe. Anyway, at some point shortly after this vibration sets in (it was a very heavy and noticeable transition), I realize that I'm able to recall memories of the day in PERFECT photographic detail. It was more like videographic memory: I was able to read whole ATS posts and such - avatars, buttons, layout and everything - word for word, all in my mind. I was even reading portions of this morning's newspaper! Unfortunately this excited me so much that I eventually snapped out of the meditative state; my heart was racing, but I was able to maintain this "vibration" for at least half an hour while I explored my memories (wide awake, laying perfectly still with my eyes closed). 2 hours down the drain and no OOBE, but it was so worth it to witness something like that. Not sure what it means, or how it relates to OOBE, but it's absolutely amazing! I think meditation is my new drug of choice...

This is literally the most fascinating thread I've ever read in the entire history of the internet.

Just thought I'd share since I'm now unable to sleep. Giggity.

edit on 3-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This thread is the first place I ever discovered OOBES, Astral Projection and Lucid dreaming, and that was about two years ago. Two nights ago I had the most profound experience to date, and I literally thought I was 'there'.

I have put my experience into a thread to discuss with people, and have included a few books on the matter I have read and a few more threads;

Life Affirming Experience

I would appreciate a discussion on this as I feel like I am really close now!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have a question on this. I have read through the first 15 pages or so, and didn't come across a question like this. The only way I can think of to ask it is like this: If I were to AP (which I've come close), and if time does not exist on the astral plain, how do I know when it is time to wake up?
This is a serious question, but would an alarm going off take you back to your body? How could you explain to your boss "oh, I was out of body and missed my alarm, so I'm going to be late today"
Or does the AP only last a short amount of physical time?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I wish someone could help me out, if that's possible. I've tried numerous times throughout the day with hypnosis and many different binaural beats, but there's something in my way.. I don't know what it is..

I've been at it for a year now..
edit on 9-10-2010 by SinkingSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SinkingSun

That is exactly what I was like, and then it came out of no where. The only advice i can give based on past experience is to really focus the mind on what you are trying to achieve, and experiment with the mind and see what you can do with it i.e make your body feel like it is getting lighter or you are sinking etc. and you feel yourself becoming more disasociated with your body.

I honestly think it all comes down to totally shutting off your mind, letting go and the power of suggestion. I have started listening to hypnosis tapes as I have been having trouble sleeping. Now only 10minutes into the tape and I am asleep, no matter how hard I fight it.

My problem is that I don't stick at it though, you need to be repetitive to get results, like a well planned scientific experiment, and you have to be dedicated.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Just layed down as felt tired and knew that id probably be able to bring an obe on as I had a drink yesterday. Felt all numb and warm and wasn't too conscious of my heart beating so gently eased myself out and couldn't see. I gently opened my eyes but I have to be careful cos if I try too much I'll end up waking. I got vision and felt around for the wall then went through it and I was outside looking down from my first floor flat. I grabbed the back of my head to find my cord and there it was, I ran my fingers down it and after about a metre there was a black adapter I thought this is odd usually its just like tinsel that tightens on stretching I looked closely at this adapter and noticed it had a white label on it, one side had nothing on and the other had about 8 words but it was foreign and I couldn't understand it. I willed myself back and its really baffled me that one its got me thinking allsorts.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by fiendchikx138

everybody may have a different opinion on this but in my experiences what felt like only 30 seconds in the astral turned out to be 10 or 15 minuets when i came back...i think if you've got somewhere to be set an alarm, you'll hear it

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
When I was a teenager I became very focused on trying to learn astral projection. I must have read at least 10 books specifically on the subject, from Robert Monroe to Sylvan Muldoon. I even bought a set of Hemi-Sync tapes to try to aid in my efforts.

The one thing that seemed to be most effective was a relatively simple method I got from a book about Eckankar, apparently some kind of pseudo-cult organization devoted to astral travel. I combined their method with yoga practices and managed to get the strange sensory effects associated with the experience. I had the loud whooshing sounds in my ears and then what felt like electricity spreading from one point under my right arm and spreading through my whole body. I then believe I had a conscious projection, but I had what is commonly known as a blind projection. I felt like I was out somewhere, but I was in darkness the same as I would have been if I was in my body with eyes closed.

It's now many years later and I'd like to learn to have these experiences. I recently read that users of the Alzheimers drug galantamine have out-of-body experiences more often, as do users of certain illicit substances, including salvia divinorum, which was recently banned by the city council where I live.

If there is still someone reading this threat who can help with these efforts, I would appreciate assistance.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nnnslogan

theres a TON of info through out this thread. its a lot of reading but your bound to find some great techniques and advice here, good luck!

actually check this thread out too, very informative
link

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What an amazing experience! I have a sister whom this happened to several times as a teenager, and as she was dropping off to sleep, she only ever got as far as the ceiling. Perhaps this is because each experience was unexpected, and therefore frightened her. Until you can do this at will by yourself, another way to enjoy the feeling of the wind and freedom, is by getting yourself a motorcycle. That I've been doing it for 43 years years.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

Stephen LaBerge (sic?) had a very good book on achieving a conscious OBE, I never got through it, but it's supposed to be great as it's not solely metaphysical but semi-supported oneirology type of stuff.

I believe he called it Wake-Induced Lucid Dreaming (WILD), though I must say don't expect to do it overnight. You need to be naturally-inclined or spend A LOT of effort on it.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hi guy's, Loooong time since i've been in this thread.

I have a question, How long was it since you knew about OOBE's until you was actually able to achieve it?

A few years back (documented in this thread) I got just above myself, fully conscious, completely weightless and unable to see before I tried to open my eye's and actually opened MY eye's laying back in my bed. I have not achieved it since and have really, really tried.

top topics

<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join