It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I feel like imagination is a big part to play in things like this.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by primoaurelius

Two steps:

1. You need to be sleepy.
2. Lay with your chin pressed to your chest.

The second step requires you laying with your head/neck propped against a wall. Every time that I've done those two steps I've instigated sleep paralysis. Of course, you'll want to be really careful with my technique though, since it's exceptionally hard to rouse yourself from the paralysis once you're in it.

I believe (but am not positive) that the position of laying with your chin pressed to your chest is some kind of neuro-block. So maybe my method is dangerous, I'm not sure. I have had some really tough times "waking" afterward before, so utilize my technique with caution.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This is such a synchronicity that you posted this thread!

I actually just had a conscious OBE the other day.

I wrote down everything that I did right after so that I could try and do it again and this is what I wrote: (Mind you people won't agree with the smoking thing but it definitely helped)

1) Smoke a bowl - Believe it or not it does expand your consciousness, improve your focus, and heighten your senses.

2) Jump in shower and just stand underneath focusing on the sensations you get from the water falling upon you.

3) Rub both your arms with your hands and tilt your head down KEEPING YOUR EYES CLOSED, focus on the feeling NOT the action

4) As you're are "looking" down with your eyes closed, also focus on the blackness from your eyelids as if it were a 3D landscape of blackness.

5) Start thinking about how reality is an illusion and that you rubbing your arms is all occuring in your brain...The sense of feeling.

Ok.....I know this sounds very bizarre right now....But there's more!

6) As you are focusing on the 3D blackness, while rubbing your arms, and looking down...Shift your inner vision to about 6 inches in front of your nose (in the blackness) Try to envision a triangle.

7) Now stare at the triangle and shift your vision THROUGH the triangle and concentrate on that spot slightly beyond the triangle.

8) At this stage your arms will start losing sensation and get kinda tingly like they are going numb since ALL your focus now is on that spot.

9) At this time you can stop rubbing your arms and put your hands up, palms up, you will have a GREAT amount of energy in them.

10) Keep focusing on that imaginary spot, Now look down with your inner field of vision.

11) Your whole perspective should switch and feel as if your "soul" has moved above your body yet still connected.

This was reallly really really bizarre for me, but I did it 3 times.

It wasn't like I could move around (although, I didn't really try because I started getting nervous- since i had never done this before)

It was really cool though...I definitely recommend trying it!!

Oh and I'm sure you can omit the "smoking" part if that's not something you do...

U2U me if this works for you!!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hi Rivergoddess im new here and im really interested in what you have said i too would really love to have an out of body expierence xD
Do you think you could ask the person who pulled you too do the same for me ?
It would be much apprieciated.
What did it feel like to be pulled outta your body and then popped back in ?

Cheerz Blitzer xD

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by blitzer

Hi Blitzer thanks for your interest, but I answered these questions way way way back earlier in this thread, and am not going to start over this late in the game......please go ahead and read the earlier parts of the thread and find those answers and more, if your truly interested.
I am not trying to be rude, but it is just not ok to be made to repeat myself again as that just draws out this massive thread without bringing any real new information to the table.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Hey everyone, although i have read many pages of this thread i am still having trouble with certain aspects of astral projection. When i want to astral project i can easily get into a state where i am perfectly relaxed to the point where i can not even feel my body and suddenly it feels like something clicks in my head and i feel different and i hear that buzzing sound in my ear.

What i proceed to do is try to create vibrations on my body and i do feel them but i just can't seem to get out. Usually i have about 10 or 15 minutes in this state before i end up falling asleep. I have tried several imagination techniques how ever i feel that i really can not imagine thinks well in my mind to the point of feeling and believing what i am thinking.

Can anyone share any insight on how close i am to astral projection or any techniques that can help someone who is not really good at imagining things like some techniques require you to do.

For those who can not achieve the state where you are on the borderline of sleep i'll share what i do.

1) lay down in a position where you will not easily sleep.

What i mean by this is that usually when i want to sleep, i lay on my side and i can fall asleep easily. When i lay on my back it really takes sometime for me to fall asleep since i guess it's not as comfortable for me so i get more time to relax my body.

2) Relax your body and focus on your breathing

I lay my hands out flat to the sides of me and same with my legs. Then i control my breath. What i do is i inhale for four seconds slowly through my nose then exhale for four seconds out of my mouth and after i finished exhaling i hold it there for two seconds i continue this until i feel that my body is completely asleep and i am unaware of my limbs.

If you are trying something else to try to get into the border line sleep state, try what I've written and let me know if you make any progress. I hope my post helps someone and i hope that i can be helped as well. Thank you

[edit on 12-5-2010 by mischief2013]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I too tried to have oobe's i've sat lied awake on my back for hours and i'm not able to... I feel things I know things more than concentrate and try and produce them they're just there. I would really like to have this person who helped you help me out and I would much appreciate it I really need to do this, it would help me find my zen so to speak. If you could help me that'd be awesome thanks looking forward to hearing from u.

Andre D.C

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mischief2013

Try in the morning when you are just waking up, rather then mid-day or before bed.

I've had some during mid-day, but only one at night, and prior to that I had meditated 5 hours soo..

You should check out the lucidology101 vids on youtube, it talks some neat things about brain chemicals and certain times of day and things. I think this guy knows what he's talkin about well enough.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I do oobe naturaly sometimes but I think that if you try to force this experience, its not necessary a real one and the result can be a false one and a delusionary experience or more bad: you can found "bad guys" on your ride and have a very bad trip.

and also, you can ask for help whene you have problem in astray but the helper could be an enemy. You just dont know for sure that the entity in front of you is in your side. So me, I just never ask help and watch my own ass.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Hi, I am brand new here, but wanted to share my experience with OOBE. One
individual asked for advice to protect himself from lower malefic entities. The aura closing should serve the same purpose as the Shield of Gilead, which is standard protection on the astral plane.

Other than that, I wanted to remind the forum that our astral bodies help us all the time, especially when we walk down stairs. Intention is everything.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HairBrainman

Other than that, I wanted to remind the forum that our astral bodies help us all the time, especially when we walk down stairs.

could you explain a little? I really don't know what you mean by this.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hello all, I have been browsing ATS for literally years, but never ventured into the paranormal boards. However, I found this topic, and it is the one that finally made me join ATS.

For anyone who wants immediate answers, go back to page 20. RiverGoddess, you should put that in your signature. Page 20 of this topic is where its at.

I have had one OOBE experience in my, not meaning to; I was fully concious, and walking even! I was heavily under the influence of '___', and I was walking with a group of friends, when all of a sudden, i was watching myself from 3 feet behind my own head. It shocked me back into my body. I never knew what to make of it, but being a relatively experienced user of various substances and "trips", I knew it was not a hallucination from the drugs. It was different.

So now its over a decade later, havent touched '___' or anything like that in years, although I do smoke cannabis. I know one "medium", but generally, I have regarded the whole metaphysical area as the realm of Madame Cleo...that is, until I started reading this topic. So much stuff makes sense - this "realm" or whatever, solves so many unknown mysteries....ghosts, interdimensional beings, people who just up and vanish, reincarnation, the Book of Life.... I started doing more research. This is mindblowing to me - I think I just found my "religion". I feel stupid for denying so many of my feelings for so long. I believe I have been denying my energetic powers for years.

Let me state, Im an average guy. Im not what one would call "fruity" or "flaky". But Im a little awed and feel very, very small and insignificant at the scope of everything.

But I am planning on entering the astral plane, and this topic has been a great service in alleviating some of my fears and helping discern correct information.

I just have a few questions/comments for now.

One, has anyone heard the song by Radiohead called "How to disappear completely"? This song is almost certainly about OOBE or AP...

That there
That's not me
I go
Where I please
I walk through walls
I float down the Liffey
I'm not here
This isn't happening
I'm not here
I'm not here

!!!!!!! This song just made sense to me.

Also, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of enyalius? He is a source fo great information earlier in this thread, so I went to his page, and he has several interesting topics here in ATS! However, he has not logged on in a couple years...does anyone still contact him? I dont even know what I would say to him yet, but it feels like he is a person I would like to talk to, as he is very knowledgeable, far beyond his years.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I am just amazed at how many people have come here and said that 'this thread' is the reason they joined ATS....I feel honored in some odd way, but I believe deep down that it is because we don't stand much for fighting and trolling on this thread. Thanks be to our WONDERFUL moderators for that fact.

Thanks to Caveman who is willing to share so much in his attempt to mentor us who have so many questions.....your AWESOME!! & We love you !!

Thanks be to all the wonderful insightful OOBE travelers who have come here and found a place to openly speak without ridicule.
Thanks to ALL the posters who respect those who have come here to help us more fully understand.
I would like someday to go back through all the posts and count just how many folks broke down and joined ATS to be able to participate in this discussion. I am in awe of what this thread is, and has become, despite its VERY odd beginning.
Today I just wanted to make a GRATEFUL post......and thank everyone who reads, & or participates in making this thread the AMAZING thing that it is...there is a wonderful energy here, and you know what I am saying.
Its a group energy and everyone here has created it.

Enyalius.......yes I miss him to !! I know he is a psychic in Norway, and he teaches various esoteric practices. Didn't he have a website mentioned in his signature? I think he did and that was HIS website so try that.....

[edit on 19-5-2010 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I just had my second true OOBE tonight. It lasted 5 or 6 minutes. It took a while for things to get stable as I exited backwards through the wall of the house. I looked at the sky, it was my first frame of reference, the stars were pretty and purplish. I ran around and flew towards the stars. I could not see the ground for a while, it was so dark I had to keep looking at the sky to keep a visual and focus. Eventually I was able to see the ground. I went down my driveway, thought I saw two "aliens" or spirits that were glowing white at the end of it, but as I went towards them it turned out it was nothing. So I ran down the road, wondering if people in cars would see me. No cars came during my run down the road. I went up in someone elses yard. I ran my fingers through the grass as I ran - it felt wet like dew, and it felt great. I was running funny, like my legs werent really moving at times.

Some things WERE out of place, like there was this place of business and a cattle farm sitting on the street I live, lol. They definetly aren't there in real life, a house with a big yard IS there actually. I flew into this place and also ran my hands along the ground there. It was like running my hands on the ground made me feel more comfortable. Then I MET SOMEONE! I didn't know him, but he was very human. I saw him bowed over at first, as if he were sad or tired and thinking. I avoided him, thinking I was in trouble, trespassing you know. Then he said hello, and I asked him what he was doing. "Just checking the place out" He said. His face was glowing and radiant, not like an angel, but like a very healthy and alive person.

He told me his name and where he was from. I managed to tell him the same. Our two towns are 20 miles apart! It was like we were yelling at eachother, like it was hard to hear, like the wind was blowing. We were actually flying as we spoke. I was flying backwards somewhat out of control from my attempting to run away, and he flew to keep up with me. We shook hands! It took two tries to shake hands, I either missed his hand the first time, or it went through. The second try we shook hands and it was just like real life. I knew I wouldn't be able to handle all this for long and I think I communicated it to him, it was just surreal. We were just smiling at eachother and trying to talk. We kept talking at the same time, lol. But we managed a bit of a conversation. That's when I saw his face and how radiant it was, he seemed to be in perfect health.

He definetly seemed like he had been in the Astral before. When our hand shake didn't work the first time he just gave me that look like, "Come on now, that's not supposed to happen."

After our flight together I awoke. Not instantly, there was a pause, but things faded and I shut my eyes and I was back at my body.

Note I tried to do a few things that probably would have worked in a dream, that didn't work here. I tried to make a friend appear from around the corner, I usually can do this easily. Especially in this case since that same friend had just been in a dream moments ago, so it should have worked IF it was just a dream. I think it was certainly an OOBE, or a form of OOBE though not necessarily Astral. I say that because I just woke up, never saw a silver cord, things like that. But I do think it was some form of OOBE.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Very cool experience I'm glad it was good! I'd just be careful cuz there is the possibility of a bad out of body experience!...just a thought

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jdkinder
Very cool experience I'm glad it was good! I'd just be careful cuz there is the possibility of a bad out of body experience!...just a thought

Why do people keep posting stupid stuff like this? Its like you are TRYING to induce negative experiences on people.

As has been discussed several times throughout this topic, these "bad trips" are often due to the mental state of the user, and are subconcious fears or personal dilemmas. Demons arent going to come haunt you or take your body. They cant. If something shows up, its generally your mind creating or enabling it.

If you meditate about murder and zombies, of course you are going to have a bad time. Thats why you have to manifest peace, love, and happiness.

Every though you ever have contributes to the fabric of reality, and if you are constantly looking for the negative side of things, you will find it. Not only will you find it, you are helping to make it happen. If you constantly worry that you are going to die by getting shot, you are creating negative energy which can form into a reality, making you more likely to die by getting shot.

So please stop telling people about negative things that "might" happen, because next time they are meditating, they will think to themselves "Oh no! Jimbob on the internet told me demons are gonna haunt me!" which is ludicrous, as we have all the power and control.

If you knew anything about this phenomena, you would know what I say to be true. And if you dont know anything about it, why are you posting? Read more from the experienced posters in this thread, post useless knowledge less.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I may not have experience in OOBEing but I do have a whole.# load of experience comunicating with plenty of other spirits from the other side I'm not saying be discouraged or afraid Im glad theres a bunch of people out there contacting the other side (Congrats BTW) I'm just saying be carefull of what exactly I couldn't say but the spirit world is a weird place and that my main point

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Been awhile since I Oobe, would love to do it again. I know Einstien has Oobe to the future to year 2006 Oct 31st, so I know it is possible. He open a door, that all I can say at this point. (For those that have not yet had their Oobe exprience, I would suggest you ignore this last statement at this time)

I would love to OOBE again with an instructor, if you are able to show me the way. For I am lost, and need to be found. PM if you wish.

By the way, whoever OOBE to my room last night, I saw you
, hope you read what on the desk.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Did some of you think that the abduction can be oobe?

Sometimes I read witness and what they described remind me oobe.

Also, someone says that our aura can protect us ina astray. I had some shining garnement whene I do oobe, it is a kind of aura?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Jdkinder

I am always careful. I didn't talk about that. I would be careful especially on your first OOBE. This was my second one, and it didn't "feel" very significant. Really all you can do though, is take your time, take small steps. I mean if something can harm your spirit or your soul, then it's not going to matter if you are astral projecting or walking down the road. Humble yourself to this fact, but at the same time realize nothing can harm you if you are aware and refuse to believe it can.

Being in a familiar environment is a good thing for this too. Just being in the town I've lived in all my life, i feel like im in a pretty good place, and this is something, and an idea, that anyone could use towards their understanding.

new topics

top topics

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join