It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 124
<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jdkinder

Lol, Traveling through time will do that.

Mental = Time Travel Accident

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
First post here, please excuse me if I break any rules...

I enjoyed the original story and felt compelled to share. I seriously never thought I would share this.

Well my experience came while lying in bed watching a youtube video on my phone about OOBE. I can't remember the video (some blond haired young guy). He was describing how to focus on certain areas of the brain. Well, I did and everything he described happened. I can't tell you the exact time-line of events.
I was focused on the area of the brain as instructed. Then it seemed to be awhile as I was in and out of sleep. Then there was this big crack or pop sound. I woke and was thinking what the hell was that? I never sat-up or really looked around. As I drifted back to my relaxed state of sleep, I noticed my tall pedestal floor fan (for noise while sleeping) was getting louder and louder. I then realized it was right beside my ear. I could feel the strong rush of light cool wind. I began to stand up and take in what and where I was. I was at the foot of my bed looking at myself sleeping beside my fan. I realized I was standing there holding onto my toe of my physical body lying there in front of me. It startled me! I was to scared and surprised to let go. I don't know how, but I jumped back in. It was like I just knew how to get back in and didn't have to think about it. I then sat straight up in bed and realized my heart was pounding from the initial shock. I just laid there in amazement and shock.

I've tried again and again, but no luck yet.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jeh2324

Interesting experience. Do you remember the youtube video so others can watch it?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
reply to post by jeh2324

Interesting experience. Do you remember the youtube video so others can watch it?

It was this guy.
I don't remeber if this is the exact video...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeh2324

Originally posted by Novise
reply to post by jeh2324

It was this guy.
I don't remeber if this is the exact video...

www.youtube.com...

Wow thanks, that video series was great! Very interesting stuff, and well documented! thanks for pointing that out!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Something else I would like to add to my story.

I do remember something interesting now. When the whole event was happening, I could hear a voice while stepping outside myself. It was a voice. It reminded me of someone talking over a 2-way radio. It said, "alright, we have one awake and leaving"....
It is strange that I am remembering that now.
I don't know what to make of it? All I can do is tell you what happened.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
maybe this is off subject but I did want to start a new thread,
looks like cannot yet since I have not posted 20 posts.

im basically looking for someone to spar with outside the body if any are
interested, obviously i like fighting.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Just want to share my experience from a few nights ago. I either had a very lucid dream or an oobe. Laying in bed, thought I was still awake (or at least conscious), started hearing voices in my head, not my own voice, but people carrying on conversations. Men, women, children. No spooky whispers or chanting, just everyday type talk. They weren't speaking to me but they were loud for sure. Next I got that electric vibration feeling through my whole body along with a loud electric humming sound. Then I got up and out of bed. The sound was gone, it was quite, and I looked out the window. The first thing I noticed was the stars, there were so many. Almost like there was no atmosphere blocking them, no light pollution. I live in Los Angeles next to the airport so you can never see any stars at all (under normal circumstances). The fun only lasted for a second though, about a block away there was a yellow and black helicopter hovering close to the rooftops. It turned in my direction and silently approched my window! I ducked down and crawled back into bed, scared, and woke up.
So, was I dreaming or did I have an oobe? And if so, who was that silent helicopter patrolling the area? Either way an interesting experience.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I've been reading this thread for years now. I remember when it was only a few pages long...

Anyway, I've been trying to astral project for as long as I've visited these forums and read this post originally. I've come really close a handful of times.

I tend to get to the stage where my body feels numb and tingly, but I just can't seem to get all the way out of my body. I've tried the rope technique and a variety of others, but for whatever reason - nothing seems to work.

What practices can help me get closer to finally getting out? Any ideas?

If I remember correctly, therivergoddess had someone assist her in getting out of her body. Would it be possible for someone to do the same for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Sorry if this question has already been asked but how do other astral projectors look when they are 'out of body' ? the same as physical or different? Don't take this the wrong way lol, but is everyone naked

I have had my top half out once but lept back when i became aware of it.

Also, i came close to leaving but as i was about to, i could hear someone shouting in the most aggressive manner i have ever heard. What could that have been and could it have been directed at me ?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hello RiverGoddess!

I just wanted to say that I was able as a child to make it almost completely to an OOBE concsiously. Each time I would get to where I could go out, I stopped because of a fear of not knowing what would happen next. Once I went a bit further as a step to prove to myself that there was nothing to worry about and I was in the astral realm, but not out of my body, in this state, I heard this horrifying gutteral scarry/evil sounding noise that was just there, as if something was around the corner. The sound filled the air and my house while I was in this state. Needless to say, I immediately came back down. It scarred me so much, that i haven't tried since...

It has left a fear in me that has kept me from trying. But i would like to try again, I miss the sensation and I want to have a positive experience.

Does anyone have any advice or is there someone or somewhere that I could go to recieve help with an OOBE?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated, I would love for someone to help me along if possible.

Anyhow, thanks for creating this thread, I love this subject!

[edit on 6-7-2010 by AwareOne]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteadyState
I tend to get to the stage where my body feels numb and tingly, but I just can't seem to get all the way out of my body. I've tried the rope technique and a variety of others, but for whatever reason - nothing seems to work.

What practices can help me get closer to finally getting out? Any ideas?

I am having the same issues.....it seems like i am coming close, i have felt the vibrations, but whenever I feel "movement" i snap back to conciousness.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Nevermind. Wrong topic, I guess.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by TommyD]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Congratulations i have been trying oobe myself over the past few months over the last month i have slowed down abit but i still want to do it, i have felt the vibrations , heard noises and had different feelings but have always either got too excited or scared myself out of it i also have trouble leaving my body any tips for when i am brave enought to take that final step?
and like i said before congrats
apologies if what im asking has already been covered in thread im just reading my way through now

[edit on 9-7-2010 by mikeyd]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
So whats the difference between astral p, obe, and lucid dreams? The OP's story sounds exactly like how I usually lucid dream. Fall asleep/meditating, imagine arms moving without moving them and eventually jolt myself up to sit upright (not physically), hop out of bed and threw my wall into the hallway, mess around with lighting and colors to check if I'm awake (I never am at this point), continue outside to do whatever the hell I want usually flying or conversing with someone, and finally return home to my room where I wake up. I literally have an exact mental image of the story told and my lucid dream, Weird stuff.

Sorry if this has been addressed, couldn't stop to read all 100 something pages.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicious Jones

When I dream I don't wake up feeling exhausted like someone just kicked my ass.

I don't feel buzzing in my body, pressure in my bones and like my head was in a paint can shaker as well as have complete awareness of..it sounds wierd but my SKULL.. to feel every corner of my skull, and to feel my teeth magnetized together.. with residual buzzing feelings and ringing sounds that if I hold on to I can intensify to go back into that "mode".

I would debate with a friend of mine over this. He's probably more in control then most when it comes to dreaming, he teaches lucid dreaming actually. He used to insist it was the same as astral projection but I brought up the notion of these very real physical symptoms, that sometimes can just really mess with your day.. I forgot to mention feeling all foggy in the head and disoriented for the rest of the day, I get that one sometimes from astral projection.

I could wake up from dreams and feel well rested, but then I go into astral projection mode and it takes a bit out of me, it used to be a lot. I found the more you struggle in the sleep paralysis mode, the worse you feel after, the more drained.

With the qi gong training I've been doing, storing more electromagnetic energy in my nervous system, one way of putting it... my astral projections have become more powerful and I feel more rested when I wake up... kind of cool really... because I can go project around for an hour until I've had enough and then I wake up in my "this reality bed" and think damn.. that was fun, life sure aint as mundane as some people think.

But yes.. in my opinion.. I think astral projection is a creation.. like moving your energy out of your body that exists in this frequency we call physical.. and forming that electromagnetic energy into a vehicle of sorts, a hologram of yourself to explore other realities. Another reason i think this is the way it is is because astral projections you are much much more vulnerable and they are often shortlived... they run out of energy... and you can get stuck to walls or just come to a dead stop.. all sorts of things... at that point I just dissolve and start over... doesn't sound like an average dream to me.

So it really seems like you are remote viewing using this energy form you create of sorts.

Whereas lucid dreaming I think is literally like another life.. going into another reality where you are just as "physical".. with real interactions and relationships with people and for this reason you are merely there as an observer usually.. you can be lucid.. as in knowing you are dreaming.. but in control is a rare thing, as my friend would put it.. if it were otherwise, as in not in control.. how would you have acted differently? It seems to be there for choices. ahhh i don't feel like going into it.

Point is they are different for sure man... i mean.. don't take my word for it.. but for me there are heavy physical symptoms and other things that greatly differentiate them but as well, I value a lucid dream as much as a projection. Projection seems more like a skill..whereas dreaming a life.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
sometimes when im dozing i can see myself laying in my bed sleeping. I dont know if it is my imagination or im actually having an oobe.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD
reply to post by Vicious Jones

Whereas lucid dreaming I think is literally like another life.. going into another reality where you are just as "physical".. with real interactions and relationships with people and for this reason you are merely there as an observer usually.. you can be lucid.. as in knowing you are dreaming.. but in control is a rare thing, as my friend would put it.. if it were otherwise, as in not in control.. how would you have acted differently? It seems to be there for choices. ahhh i don't feel like going into it.

That's cool, from what you said they do sound quite different. Could you specify what you mean here although you did mention not wanting to get into it. Just would like completion to your ideas on lucid dreaming. I've been able to achieve complete lucidity numerous times and have had crazy dreams to the point where we are beyond "other-life". Seems more like a movie or video game at times, how can we be sure that all of these experiences OBE, lucid whatever, aren't just all in your head.

EDIT: never mind, I suppose it would make sense that these experiences would all be "in your head" seeing as awareness is the only real certainty.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Vicious Jones]

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Vicious Jones]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So, last night I couldn't fall asleep. I was up until about 4 AM wasting time on the internet and finally I told myself, "I'm going to sleep RIGHT NOW!", so I turned off the computer and laid in bed.

As I began to drift off to sleep I suddenly had a very bad feeling. It felt like there was a demon, or something, trying to get into my head and I felt a weird "shaking" feeling, like something was rattling around in my head while I saw flashes of black and white.

Somehow I shook myself awake and I was freaked out hardcore. The thought of going back to sleep actually scared me a little bit.

Regardless of being a scared, I laid my head back down on the pillow and drifted off to sleep.

Now, as I drifted to sleep it was like I could feel my conscious and subconscious meld together and I started floating upwards. I hit my ceiling and kind of slid off to one corner of my room, I was lucid at this point and thought I was just having a lucid dream.

Slowly I began to have a weird feeling, it didn't feel like any lucid dream I had had before. I was having trouble controlling myself - it seemed as if I was just stuck to the corner of my ceiling and I couldn't look around.

Somehow I managed to turn myself around and I looked down and saw myself, my body, sleeping in the same exact position I had been in when I fell asleep.

I then tried to go through my ceiling but rather than break through to the outside I woke myself up, I was in the same position I saw myself sleeping.

Being too tired at this point to really think too deeply about it I went immediately back to sleep and I remember having very lucid dreams - but I can't remember any specifics - just that I was lucid for most of my dreaming last night.

This is coming from a HUUUGE skeptic - I never would have thought I'd be convinced Astral Projection or OOBEs were real phenomenon but now my whole perspective on reality has been shaken up.

If anyone in the Astral world wants to come grab me out of my body to teach me more about that in between feeling that seems so important, it'd be much appreciated.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I don't doubt the validity of these experiences. I think it's easier to have them when you're young. I was about 9 when I had a few memorable intense visions...one of being a baby and I heard that same humming and a sort of shiver then I spaced out completely and was inside a baby.

But about Astral Projection. I'd like to know my projections are valid, because I only can prove them to myself. I use sleep paralysis to jump into AP, and I've found that no matter what the "old hag" seems like some kind of protective instinct...or non-protective.

I would really like to try to meet someone on the astral plane or in an astral location so that I can further improve this technique.

Yes, that would be so awesome and groundbreaking. Is anyone interested?

<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join