posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:37 AM
From my personal experiences with o.b.e's, a few key things I felt that were musts in order to achieve an o.b.e were:
1) Let go of your surroundings, expectations and anxieties. A preoccupied, stressed and expectant person that's trying to astral project, yet is
worried about tomorrows work project, will not go anywhere. You will basically lock yourself into the here and now.
2) Go with whatever sensations you feel. In the case of my first o.b.e, I felt as though my bed was being at first, gently shaken left to right, a
pulsing kind of sound was also heard, both increasing in frequency until I felt/ heard none of that noise at all. but "knew" I was no longer in my
shell, so to speak.
also, I did not feel any physical sensation, no wind rushing though I could see the trees swaying in the breeze that was apparent that night. No
feeling of hot or cold, no immediate feeling of a body either, though I knew I was attached to my physical body, by what I describe now as a tether on
3) Everything is thought. Where you want to be or what you choose to see, is as simple as a thought. But not a forced thought. I learned that anything
that stresses you physically(as you are still connected to your body) will possibly force your body to react defensively, in essence snatching you
back into yourself.
4) Stay calm. The things you will see are what always surrounds us in everyday life.
In my first experience, once I realized I was out of my body, I traveled simply from my house, over top of my 2 story highschool(I was 16, my first
time) about 5 miles away, I counted the Ac boxes(8 large ones) on the rooftop for proof it wasn't a dream I was having, versus an o.b.e, as I was
cautious of going to far, thinking I wouldn't be able to get back into my body.
But I encountered what I felt was a disembodied spirit. Initially it was friendly, myself and the spirit communicated breifly. Until I felt uneasy,
as its "vibe" went from calm to a sneaky or coniving one, as if it wanted something I had. So I decided to head back to my body and as I got to my
home above my roof, the spirit actually followed me home and when that scared me, as it actually did, I felt I was slammed back into my body hard ,
and I jumped up with a start, heart racing and still scared.
One of 2 things made me feel the experience was accurate. 1) when I sat up, my bed was not near my lone bedroom window, but I seen a shadow pass in
front of my curtains and the curtains a the curtains actually rustled, though my window was closed, as it was nearly winter in central illinois.
2) the next morning I told my mom about what happened and my "proof", being the number of Ac units on the roof of the 2 story school, which
aren't visible from ground level, as the sides are higher than the roof, I found out during the experience. She talked a friend who was the head
maintenance person at the school into taking me and her up there after she told him what I told her, after hours, and the number of units was
But I'm 31 now, and I have been able to o.b.e fairly frequently since then, but I know that stresses do not help with the initial stage of having a
Hopefully my tips will help.
[edit on 16-12-2009 by ahmonrarh]