It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im from china, open to talk about politics, military, economics, human rights etc...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Hello Guys, Thanks a lot for all your hospitality, I've been busy lately, so Im sorry for late response for your questions.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobydog
NomadTG, great to have you on-board.

I have a few questions.

Just two weeks ago, one of my work Chinese associate mentioned a few points that surprises me. Can you confirm them.

1) Chinese Citizens do not pay personal income tax ?

Well this is a misunderstanding. Today, only those monthly income bellow 2500RMB(around 360USD) don't need to pay personal income tax.

2) A 25 US cents can get you a square meal of a bowl of rice, two veg, one meat and a bowl of soup.. even at a side lane in Beijing !! ?

If this is the case, then the so-called $1 per day to gauge poverty in China does not apply. Compare an avg American/Europe 40% tax and 20x(25cents) to get a McDonald burger. The PPP is too wide to compare.

We also have high inflation here, 25cents can only buy a bowl of rice, nothing more in cities. but situation in rural areas is different. Farmers have their own land to grow crops. So yes they're doing fine with 1usd per day if they don't need to pay anything else like medical.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by nomadTG]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by rogue1

I do not use Chinese products, you'd be surprised at how many other countries produce quality electronics. I have not purchased a product made in China since the "Free Tibet Campaign" was launched.

I'm laughing when I see this comment, we see a lot of so called "freedom advocates" say they don't buy "made in china". then I would say the don't know what "made in china" means
1:More than 50% of china exports is from foreign companies in china,your computers , mobile phones, TVs ... all made in china, even Iphone made in china(in shenzhen the city i leave in). today life is all about electronics, do you even know what's inside the electronics you're using?! im telling you almost all the electronics in this world have something from china. you don't buy "made in china", okay you can go back to the stone age now.

About the "Free Tibet" BS, I got one question for you, have you ever been in Tibet?! I suggest you to visit Iran, Afganistan, Pakistan and Tibet. Then i can discuss with you on tibet issue or you'd better cut these nonsense.

Given the gullibility (only IMO) of China to jump on every technology that would come their way (IBM) without understanding the scientific and labor infrastructure makes me think the big fall is now in the making. The U.S could be a friend...I doubt it. Propaganda is not solely a Chinese skill.

China has not earned their way into the global family. Just imagine if half of the U.S population were to cease buying Chinese products. China exports Melamine in animal feed and baby formula...how long do you think it will take the rest of the world to stop buying?

Stop buying chinese products means stop globalization! given the current situation and the "mutual benefit" between us, it's just your wishful thinking. I said before the world is driven by powerful organizations pursuing there benefits, not you, not me, not wish full thinking, not nationalists! about the "melamine incidents", pls take off your magnifying glass. china is too big , we have a lot going on here every day, i know we have a lot of problems here, but things like this could happen, even in America.

Mao turned China into a communal metal works....a furnace in every back yard...starving the population in the end. China now pollutes every back yard with the industrial run off from producing cheap products.

I feel disgusting when I see Propagandas about "china polluting the earth",

where does pollution come from?
from industrialization

Where did the industrialization start?
the western countries

What companies are polluting china?
Western countires outsourcing their industries with hi pollution to china

Who are the main consumers of the products from hi pollution industries.
Again the western countries.

So please be aware, China is sarcrificing the enviroment for you good life, for your paper money. I would be happy if you like to take those industries back.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

reply to post by one4all

I agree with all that you have posted. For me I see China repeating the same mistakes of Mao Zedong. He mimicked the industrialized west taking serious shortcuts as to infrastructure and knowledge there by plunging his country into a devastating period. I see that China has not learned from her former leader.

Chinas economy is built on the export of cheap products and the worlds taste for those products plummet...I believe due to the dangerous shortcuts that once again are being taken by that country and also the treatment of Tibetans...I think China has another lesson on the way.

Go back to Mao's age?!
hell no!
People in Mao's age work together, eat together ,there's no self interests, it was planned economy. if you think china is sitll communism today, you're wrong, we're completely captalism, you don't need me to explain capatlism, do you?

About the cheap products. you should rember what the japanese produced back in the 70s , if you don't know , go ask your father.

Industries regulate itself, most of chinese companies have histories less than 10 years, you don't expect all of them have good management, it needs time. when people stop buying low quality products. great companies will show. If you agree that chinese have competitive companies in every industry(ignore the percentage), then you'll know what you said won't stand. you don't know how things really is.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

reply to post by rogue1

Chinese capitalist have turned their own country into a toilet for a buck.

Typical arrogance! but thanks ! very ironic, your bucks is becoming toilet paper, what a god damn match.

We all need a way out of the ugly system, and we think we're doing fine, are you?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

I find it interesting that we are on an introduction thread authored by an individual who through censored news and cherry picked history insinuates that the members of ATS are lacking in their knowledge of China...coincidental also I'm sure that this thread coincides with the anniversary of Tienanmen Square.

Did you see anything i post on this thread even on ATS indicates that i support the gov's action in 1989?! ! !

Arrogance------>ignorance

That's how great powers fall, spend more time on this lesson, or you'll not be laughing shortly!

[edit on 28-6-2009 by nomadTG]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

In case you havent noticed THE WORLD RESPECTS AMERICA MORE THAN EVER BEFORE.

I hate to burst your dream bubble, but I honestly think you should try to be more informed than come up with sweeping statements like these.

This was from 2006. Your only salvation is that with Obama it might have clawed up a bit since then.

Among allied nations: pro-US sentiments plummet
Polls conducted by the Pew Research Center show a precipitous decline in positive attitudes about the United States since the year 2000 in eight of 12 countries for which multi-year comparisons can be made.4  According to the Pew polls, the proportion of the population feeling positively toward the United States has plummeted in Great Britain from 83 percent to 56, in France from 62 percent to 39, in Germany from 78 percent to 37, and in Spain from 50 percent to 23. Japan, too, has seen a decline.

Similarly, polls by the German Marshall Fund and The Chicago Council on Global Affairs have found a significant and uniform decline in positive feelings toward the United States between 2002 and 2006 in the European countries they surveyed.5  Today, in France, Germany, Italy, Great Britain, the Netherlands, and Poland -- all of them NATO allies -- negative feelings about the United States are almost as frequent as positive ones. In Spain, negative sentiments predominate.

Among Muslim populations: Fear and disapproval grow

The steepest declines found by the Pew polls, however, occurred in Indonesia, Jordan, and Turkey -- all three notable as moderate or democratic Muslim-majority states. Positive attitudes toward the United States are shared by only 30 percent of Indonesians and 15 percent or less of Jordanians and Turks. Only in Nigeria have attitudes toward America notably improved since 2000. Positive attitudes in Pakistan have marginally improved since 2000 -- to 27 percent today (although this is much improved from the 10 percent level recorded in 2002).

By contrast, China scores much better than the United States in all six Muslim countries queried in the Pew polls. Russia also scores better than the United States -- and usually much better -- in all but one country, Morocco.

Very low US popularity ratings in the Arab world also have been recorded in several Zogby International polls. 
www.comw.org...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS I hope you enjoy the topics and people here as much as I do.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Sorry. I just have a couple of misgivings.
If you are from China, knowing that the internet is monitored, why would you announce it on this forum - like the title? Having lived in China, I know this would mean that you would be shut out of this website quickly - especially since all the topics you are open to discuss are taboo in China. And you haven't been shut down because you have made many responses.
Actually you have been a member since 2009.
The alternative is that you are either not in China (possible) or you are being paid by the Chinese to infiltrate the forums (still possible) to find/fish out other Chinese.
Food for thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join