Im from china, open to talk about politics, military, economics, human rights etc...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CONTACT

Originally posted by blackpheonix
I would like to ask you and contact how has the social revoultion affected Taoism and by that I mean classical Taoism? Do they still have monasteries? What do you make of Wang Liping is he the real deal of more propaganda? Have either of you heard of John Chang video here

What do you feel is China's role in the future? Do you see them become a Democracy eventually? I have many Chinese friend who say that eventually they see this happening but not for a while. What are your though on alternative energy source I think that the Chinese Gov would be working round the clock to become energy independent with their ever excelling population?
Thanks For taking the time to talk
Black Pheonix

[edit on 12-6-2009 by blackpheonix]

1) If your "social revoultion" means "Cultural Revolution", then it changed everything.

2) no internet inside China can watch any youtube link or video, actually I mean most video on internet.

3) As far as I know, CCP changed from Communism to Capitalism ONLY because they don't want to change from Dictatorship to Democracy. Do u really believe they will just suicide?

4) I believed if our corruption can down 10%, we don't even need alternative energy source.

What's up Contact? You mentioned the Cultural Revolution in your response. Could you tell me your thoughts on it? Was it's Mao's way of consolidating power once and for all.

If my recollection serves, it was the young people of China who went after land owners, academics, government officials, and almost every strata of society. Is there still resentment to these harsh treatments by the CCP among people that lived through it and their descendents? The reason I pose this question is the fact that I saw it in a movie awhile back called "The Last Emperor." It was about Emperor Puyi and his struggles in the Qing Dynasty and his eventual abdication and assimilation into the communist ideology held by Mao.

However, there was a brief mention of the Cultural Revolution where Puyi's CCP accuser was presented on the street with a cone hat with an inscription on him while being mocked by a band of young Chinese. What do you think his offense was and what were the offenses of others to warrant that kind of mockery and threats by their countrymen? I also understand many antiques where destroyed during the period chronicling your heritage. I found the link of the Cultural Revolution of the movie I mentioned.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 13-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51

Originally posted by CONTACT

Originally posted by blackpheonix
I would like to ask you and contact how has the social revoultion affected Taoism and...What do you feel is China's role in the future? Do you see them become a Democracy eventually?...What are your though on alternative energy source...
[edit on 12-6-2009 by blackpheonix]

1) If your "social revoultion" means "Cultural Revolution", then it changed everything.

2) no internet inside China can watch any youtube link or video, and most video on internet.

3) As far as I know, CCP changed from Communism to Capitalism ONLY because they don't want to change from Dictatorship to Democracy. Do u really believe they will just suicide?

4) I believed if our corruption can down 10%, we don't even need alternative energy source.

What's up Contact? You mentioned the Cultural Revolution in your response. Could you tell me your thoughts on it? Was it's Mao's way of consolidating power once and for all.

If my recollection serves, it was the young people of China who went after land owners, academics, government officials, and almost every strata of society. Is there still resentment to these harsh treatments by the CCP among people that lived through it and their descendents? The reason I pose this question is the fact that I saw it in a movie awhile back called "The Last Emperor." It was about Emperor Puyi and his struggles in the Qing Dynasty and his eventual abdication and assimilation into the communist ideology held by Mao.

However, there was a brief mention of the Cultural Revolution where Puyi's CCP accuser was presented on the street with a cone hat with an inscription on him while being mocked by a band of young Chinese. What do you think his offense was and what were the offenses of others to warrant that kind of mockery and threats by their countrymen? I also understand many antiques where destroyed during the period chronicling your heritage. I found the link of the Cultural Revolution of the movie I mentioned.

www.youtube.com...

I don't usually touch this kind of topic, but for u, OK this time. And since this history was long time ago, I'll probably be safe.

1) Mao is God -- because he is the only one who could make Hitler looks like an angel. What else could u called him?

2) about the "Is there still resentment...", well, my father was only 1mm close to death during "Big Leap Forward" & "Cultural Revolution", so what do u think?

3) Just "cone hat with an inscription on him while being mocked"? This was just the beginning of the easy part.

4) about "what were the offenses", well, for anyone who owned any farm, house or land, or being a teacher, or being a parent; that punishment was a "must". Why do u think, besides the 30million people killed, there were also so many people suicided or gone mad.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Log onto the Epoch Times news letter website and you will get a taste of some of the most current revelations about what is happening in China.

I am sure there are a lot of newspapers and websites that are similar,BUT I PICKED THIS FREE COPY UP IN THE GROCERY STORE IN MY HOMETOWN IN CANADA.

This information is literally all around us and is undeniable ,in fact it is as undeniable as the Holocaust, which some deranged people have tried to say NEVER HAPPENED.

I am sure there were a lot of beautiful places within 100km of Aushwitz,and I am sure there were a lot of dinner parties and pretty good eats for the Third Reich while people were being murdered,BUT THE FACTS ARE STILL THE FACTS AS THEY SHALL ALWAYS REMAIN.

The topic of the atrocities which are committed against people on a daily basis in China by the current government IS NOT A DEBATABLE TOPIC.

The solutions to the PROBLEMS ARE OPEN TO DEBATE.

The facts stand alone and do not require suport or debate.

I am curious if anyone in China has heard of the Epoch Times?

Is religon and the state as intertwined in China as it is in North America?

Are certain powerful religons in bed with the government in China like they have historicly been here?

I dont require an official admission either ,just what at least one of the Chineese people "feels"is happening in reference to the relationship between religon and governmental control of the people.

Does anyone else feel as I do,that until we can force the Chineese government through EXTERNAL PRESSURE ON THE WORLD STAGE to take a much larger role in providing aid to needy countries around the Globe,we will see no measurable humanitarian changes within the country.

China needs to develope a global conscience and this can only happen through SIMPLE PEER PRESSURE.

Lets stop being so afraid of the big KID and help him to learn how to play with us.

We dont need to force change through the people anymore ,revolution is passe,no one does it anymore,we just need to make the government wear the BLACK HAT THEY WEAR EVERY DAY BUT KEEP IN THE CLOSET WHENEVER THE WORLD LOOKS OVER AT THEM,and not let the government wear the WHITE HAT THAT THEY WEAR TO PUT ON A STAGE SHOW FOR THE WORLD.

We are the key here and WE ARE GETTING ALL OF THE SUPPORT FROM THE CHINEESE PEOPLE WE HAVE A RIGHT TO EXPECT,they have done their part and paid puitive costs for showing us their pain,millions have even lost their lives.

WE CANNOT ASK MUCH MORE we know how to help through the world community and I think that this thread is part of that assistance,If WE want China to change out here in the world ,then WE CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN FROM OUR KEYBOARDS AND IN OUR COFFE ROOMS AT WORK AND AT OUR DINNER TABLES AT HOME.

I am including myself and my sparring partner ,all of us,we can do this together,in fact it is the only way we can do it that I can see.

We all seem to be here working at something that sure feels like a greater cause to me.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by one4all

I am curious if anyone in China has heard of the Epoch Times?

You are talking that medium of Falungong? The organization who is sponsored by that self appointed world police? no wonder you can get it for free....

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
I live in a free society that has a say in the origin of the products that are purchased. Do you rally believe that Americans see any interdependence when they spend their dollars? They do not.

The point being ?

The March 2008 crackdown of Tibetans opened eyes and I have seen many chain stores rid their shelves of Chinese products. Americans can be apathetic but once their dogs and cats are poisoned and they see the heavy hand of China come down on defenseless populations the orders for "Made in China" began to wane.

They did, which chain stores ? Hmm well it seems Americans are apathetic again because they are back feeding their pets food made in China, that lasted all for a bout a week. Funny that have any other pets been dying from Chinese food apart from the 11 or so which made national headlines ? Didn't think so.

If that's your only attack on China, then China is a utopia compared to America.

Of course there is America's history of dumping untold amounts of toxic wastes in poor third world countries, of course lets not forget America supporting and even installing into power regimes which have killed millions around the world in the last 60 years. For what ? So Americans can have the lives they have - America the free ? Only at the expense of the rest of the world. Things are changing though and Americans don't like it.

PS. I will always repsects others opinions when they actually know hwat they are talking about. If you want to comment about China and her people as though you know them, then you have to live there and experience it for yourself.

I odn't really take in what oneforall says because 90% is needless waffle and the other 10 % makes limited sense if any sense. Just a simple uninformed diatribe.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by rogue1]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Rouge1,not so America can have the lives they lead,as in America the free,

SO THE ENTIRE WORLD CAN HAVE THE LIVES WE--WE--WE LEAD,A FREE WORLD.

You seem to completely miss or completely ignore the basic principal of THE NEEDS OF THE MANY OUTWEIGH THE NEEDS OF THE FEW,it is your perspective that is lacking .I will try to make this as simple as I can for your benefit rouge1,get off of your high horse,China has historicly viewed itself as a large country comparable to other large countries on the planet and has handled its affairs accordingly,taking into consideration this basic principal of THE NEEDS OF THE MANY OUTWEIGH THE NEEDS OF THE FEW,and they have made billions of people suffer justifying the atrocities using this principal.I dont know if you get that Rouge1,but it is what it is.

Now stay with me here,things have changed in the last 100 yrs.The world is now viewing itself as an entity comparable to China in terms of needs,do you follow me?Chinas size and resource needs and constant growth on a massive scale are so great that the world is viewing the country and its growth as THE FEW,do you get it now??The needs of the many(the entire planet)OUTWEIGH the needs of the few(China).

This means that as I said earlier THERE IS NOWHERE FOR THE ELEPHANT TO HIDE AND NO ENEMY BIG ENOUGH FOR IT TO VANQUISH TO GAIN THE RESOURCES IT NEEDS TO CONTINUE TO GROW,AND IT HAS TO CONTINUE TO GROW TO EXIST.

Do you finally see what I mean here,China has no choice in its immediate future here on planet earth,it has grown so big that it can no longer be allowed to handle its own affairs without there being to great a risk of global war over resources.China thinks they are THE MANY and the world thinks they are THE FEW.

This attitude is like a disease and it has even infected government.

But this is why I have great faith that China will assume a much greater role in world peace and humanitarian efforts in the future,SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY REALLY DONT HAVE A CHOICE IN THE MATTER ,WE ARE A GLOBAL COMMUNITY NOW AND THIS WILL NEVER CHANGE.

The Chineese people who are awaiting change should know that the entire world is already helping them and their future will always be as the worlds is ,progressive and humanitarian,the pressure to help the country lays on the shoulders of the rest of the world and all the average chineese citizen has to do is continue to live a good life and promote humanitarian values ,and wait because the cavalry is on its way.Not just America,not just Canada,not just Europe,all of us are already on our way and we will use peer pressure not war or violence to help move the people forward.

This will happen in every country on the planet that the GLOBAL COMMUNITY sees as needing "HELP".So the choice remains the same for China as a country,join the global community or try to outwait the entire planet like China has always outwaited countries ,attrition will not work anymore.For you Rouge1,I am saying that in the past China has simply waited a couple of hundred years and watched as other countries have held the world stage temporarily,all the while assuming that their tactic (turtle)would eventually be sucessful.China has been defeated without a battle because while they waited America UNITED THE WORLD AS ONE GLOBAL COMMUNITY.In case you arent aware of this obvious fact THERE IS NOT AND NEVER WAS A WAY TO DEFEAT CHINAS WAIT THEM OUT TACTIC,CHINA HAS DEFEATED ITSELF BY SITTING IDLE WHILE THE SMALLER COUNTRIES DID ALL THE WORK UNITING THE PLANET.

And now China has no choice,NOT EVEN WAR OR CONFLICT WILL WORK ANYMORE.Like the Borg say on television,YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED INTO THE GLOBAL COLLECTIVE WETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.

We all will be united which is just another way to say assimilated,isnt it?

One Global Community is the IMMEDIATE WAY OF THE FUTURE,and the longer it takes to join in the less influence in humanities future you will have.

Rouge1,is that simply put enough for you specificly to understand?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
You seem to completely miss or completely ignore the basic principal of THE NEEDS OF THE MANY OUTWEIGH THE NEEDS OF THE FEW,it is your perspective that is lacking .

Ok so how come America consumes 25% of the worlds resources whilst having less than 5% of the population. I'm sure Canada has a similar ratio. Seems in the real world the needs of the few outway the needs of the many

I will try to make this as simple as I can for your benefit rouge1,get off of your high horse,China has historicly viewed itself as a large country comparable to other large countries on the planet and has handled its affairs accordingly,taking into consideration this basic principal of THE NEEDS OF THE MANY OUTWEIGH THE NEEDS OF THE FEW,and they have made billions of people suffer justifying the atrocities using this principal.I dont know if you get that Rouge1,but it is what it is.

Last I heard China had 1.3billion people, not billions - who are these billions they've made suffer. I would posit Western capitalism has made far more people suffer than China has.

Now stay with me here,things have changed in the last 100 yrs.The world is now viewing itself as an entity comparable to China in terms of needs,do you follow me?Chinas size and resource needs and constant growth on a massive scale are so great that the world is viewing the country and its growth as THE FEW,do you get it now??The needs of the many(the entire planet)OUTWEIGH the needs of the few(China).

Replace China with America and you have a much more accurate statement. Maybe the West should tone down its rape of the worlds resources.

This means that as I said earlier THERE IS NOWHERE FOR THE ELEPHANT TO HIDE AND NO ENEMY BIG ENOUGH FOR IT TO VANQUISH TO GAIN THE RESOURCES IT NEEDS TO CONTINUE TO GROW,AND IT HAS TO CONTINUE TO GROW TO EXIST.

As does every country, the thing is the West has been doing it for centuries and now we cry foul because China wants a piece as well. I don't think so - too damn hypocritical for me.
I noticed you haven't mentioned India which will soon have more people than China, what about them?

Do you finally see what I mean here,China has no choice in its immediate future here on planet earth,it has grown so big that it can no longer be allowed to handle its own affairs without there being to great a risk of global war over resources.China thinks they are THE MANY and the world thinks they are THE FEW.

You mean the greedy West will have to stop having it all their own way and when that happens the West will go to war against the rest of the world. We have already seen this in Iraq. A war for oil.

But this is why I have great faith that China will assume a much greater role in world peace and humanitarian efforts in the future,SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY REALLY DONT HAVE A CHOICE IN THE MATTER ,WE ARE A GLOBAL COMMUNITY NOW AND THIS WILL NEVER CHANGE.

As China has expressed time and time again, it is a multipolar world. The US and her minions can no longer dictate to the rest of the world.

The Chineese people who are awaiting change should know that the entire world is already helping them and their future will always be as the worlds is ,progressive and humanitarian,the pressure to help the country lays on the shoulders of the rest of the world and all the average chineese citizen has to do is continue to live a good life and promote humanitarian values ,and wait because the cavalry is on its way.Not just America,not just Canada,not just Europe,all of us are already on our way and we will use peer pressure not war or violence to help move the people forward.

Chinese people are enjoying more and more freedoms as they progress, this is true. However it is not because the rest of the world is dictating that it should, it's because they want to change themselves. That being said they don't want their country to become a land of vice like Canada and America.

I am saying that in the past China has simply waited a couple of hundred years and watched as other countries have held the world stage temporarily,all the while assuming that their tactic (turtle)would eventually be sucessful.China has been defeated without a battle because while they waited America UNITED THE WORLD AS ONE GLOBAL COMMUNITY.In case you arent aware of this obvious fact THERE IS NOT AND NEVER WAS A WAY TO DEFEAT CHINAS WAIT THEM OUT TACTIC,CHINA HAS DEFEATED ITSELF BY SITTING IDLE WHILE THE SMALLER COUNTRIES DID ALL THE WORK UNITING THE PLANET.

The Chinese aren't rash like the West, they are thinkers and look long term. They think about China in 100 years, not next year like in the west.

America united the world ? and yet in the same sentence you say all the smaller countries did the work uniting the world. This is the problem you are far to hypocritical and contradictary in your statements.
BTW, the process of uniting the world happened long before America came on the scene.

One Global Community is the IMMEDIATE WAY OF THE FUTURE,and the longer it takes to join in the less influence in humanities future you will have.

It seems your entire rants should be directed at the West and their corporations as they are the ones who want to control the world.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
NomadTG,

Excellent thread. I was just in China a few months ago for a few weeks and the people were very down to earth and friendly. very different from americans but I made friends with most people thre soon enough. I was in Deng Feng, Henan, studying (near Song Shan)

Everytime I come back from a trip to China all my friends are amazed, "wow you went to china isn't it dangerouse there?" Not really, especially if you are concious of their cultural differences it a fine place to visit. And I never got sick once from the food. All though I was sick of boiled vegetables after a month. In Deng Feng I found pizza shops that were actually not bad, soda vending machines on litereally coner, and the soda tasted better than in america.

Even had a cheese burger at one place that could have passed as an american made one.

All in all I couldn't complaine about my experiences in China. ANd I had absolutely no problem getting on ATS there. in deng feng at an internet cafe, and in Beijing. It's a misconception that the internet is banned in China. I got on just about every site I was attempting to get on while there. I think the West largely deamonizes China. And perhaps we should look in the mirror on occassion and see that we are just as bad human rights wise as most other countries.

Also I only speak very minimal Mandarin, but found that I was usually able to find somebody who spoke english who could help me when I needed it.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Ha, well welcome!

A very very LATE welcome!

link   
Ha, well welcome!

link   
Ha, well welcome!

link   
Ha, well welcome!

link   
Ha, well welcome!

link   
Ha, well welcome!

link   
Ha, well welcome!

link   
Ha, well welcome!

link   
Ha, well welcome!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
SORRY FOR ALL POST IAM NEW AND my comp is slow as hell

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hola Nomad.... I'm coming from the UK.... maybe i'll see you around on the forums!!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadTG

Hi thanks for posting this. I'm oversea Chinese and am definitely interested in this discussion!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join