It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im from china, open to talk about politics, military, economics, human rights etc...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
China invited the industrial world into their back yard so that China could become a world power. Again as did Mao very little thinking was used as to the ills that could come about. In order to make a "Great Leap Forward" a momentum must be at least attempted. Again...shortcuts

What are these shortcuts you are talking about ? Mao hasn't made China into what it is now, the reforms started with Deng Xioaping. China has plenty of momentum, what are you talking about ?

Mao devastated his countries resources cutting every tree down to heat furnaces thereby stripping natural protection. The starvation came from farmers being turned into metallurgists. I believe Tibet was over run by Mao in order to poses her resources.

Hmm every tree, I guess I msut have been on the real China then and not in your imaginary one, because I saw plenty of trees

The status of each country is hard earned....no shortcuts.

Say what ? I guess America's status was earned by bruted force and bombing quite a few countries along the way. Should China follow that example ?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Tell that to their Government. While you may want to blame western companies for China's pollution problem. Who is it exactly that is allowing this to happen in their own country as they chase the pot of gold at the end of the smogbow?

I never denied that, however you wish to believe that American companies have nothing to do with it, all I was pointing out is that they play large part in the problems there.

China has overtaken the United States as the world's biggest producer of carbon dioxide, the chief greenhouse gas, figures released today show.

The surprising announcement will increase anxiety about China's growing role in driving man-made global warming and will pile pressure onto world politicians to agree a new global agreement on climate change that includes the booming Chinese economy. China's emissions had not been expected to overtake those from the US, formerly the world's biggest polluter, for several years, although some reports predicted it could happen as early as next year.

I guess the question is how is the USA going to atone for all the crap they dumped into the atmosphere over the past 80 years or so, when they had no accountability. No point pointing the finger at China when America has far contributed more to the problems of greenhouse gasses more than any other country.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
In reference to the % of resources the US consumes .in case you havent heard the champion eats first and best at the family table so until other countries can show an equal willingness and resolve to contribute to global well being they will eat second ,and just so you understand what I mean I MEAN YOUR PEOPLE WILL ETERNALLY HAVE TO MAKE DUE WITH LESS THAN THE PEOPLE FROM THE CHAMPIONS COUNTRY,and you dont even come in in the top ten at the champions or the USes side of the table.

I am American and what you jsut said is the biggest laod of crap I've ever read. Buddy you need to live in teh real world, what you have jsut said is why most people around the world have lost alot of respect for America.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Psycotic refers to the inability to comprehend their place in the reality the rest of the world is experiencing and introverted is how they are attempting to remain so they dont have to contribute,and furthermore you may do all the calculations you choose but until the Chineese people contribute as many dollers per person or as much resources per person as Canadians do you might want to consider yourself to stand corrected.

Completely stupid argument, compare the economies and the PPP of each country. Canada's PPP is far higher than China's, you work it out. You are either trolling or have absolutely ZERO knowledge about economics. It astounds me your level of stupidity.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by rogue1]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rogue1

China lacks the infrastructure to be an industrial nation. It is common knowledge that the authorities in China are ill equipped to deal with the air and ground pollution much less understand how to one: prevent it and 2: how to clean it up. The lessons for China in this regard simply meant learning from the mistakes of those countries that forged the way in those lessons of industrialization.

You have negated the responsibilities for safe products to those who consume them...bad business, and I suspect that the industries over there that took the cheap shortcuts are feeling the results of those short cuts.

My bad for using the word "every" when I referred to the gluttony for trees during Maos "Great Leap Forward" but the impact specifically on the southern region of Karst was devastating. One hundred million people are still feeling the effects of the deforestation.. and reforestation of parts of China are hindered due to the encroachment of populations still needing wood for their furnaces.

Again imagine if half of Europe or even half of the U.S were to cease purchasing Chinese products. China has not taken the steps to compete in a responsible manner..the harm that comes out ways the little bit of good for only some in China.

If you care to bash my country or any other that is fine...we have committed many sins. But what does that say about China in that they skirted the hard learned lessons that if noted would have started China off on a more secure and clean footing. So many short cuts.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

Originally posted by CONTACT
U still don't get it do u?
How could anyone inside China dare to say any bad thing about CCP to foreigner, when CCP having a gun pointing to their head!?
Do u know how many thousand students were killed in Tian'namen!? Do u know how many people lost their job just talking to foreign reporters!? Do u know how many scholar "suicided" because of saying "wrong" things to their students!? ...

Hmm I seem to get it far more than you. I also have spoken to Chinese students in America and Australia who say the same things about Mao. It seems you don't get it, sorry about that.

U could be right also, I didn't said all, there are certainly some.

BUT remember --

those overseas students have family in China, their family member could lost their job easily in China (controled by CCP) if students said something bad about CCP(students within them would be rewarded by reporting to CCP), then who is going to pay for their studies? How much money for corruption to safe their families? Those oversea students could possibly ban to went back to China too. Moreover, they needed to apply again to stay overseas for studying every few months or so, CCP could stop their permission anytime.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
You may be American ,although just because you display ignorance and intolerance that doesnt mean that I will assume all americans are as intellectually defensless as you are ,you see I know they are not,and you know exactly what I mean when I say that China needs to contribute as much as canadians ,I mean that I expect every Chineese person to be represented by their government through a financial or resource contribution equal to that of each Canadian.

If you are American then you can can it because your government makes just this contribution PLUS when they spend their military budget each year which wether your uninformed perspective is aware or not this money is spent encouraging world peace and commerce in the continuing quest to make this world a better place to live in.You use it for the right things at the right time as a leading country should do and you gain power through the extension of support to developing countries and democracys,in case you dont understand this buddy,it means you step up or stand back,and you claim you are American,but you cant even grasp a value that is as integral to the American identity as apple pie and freedom of speech?

It does however seem that you are appling for Chineese citizenship,why dont you post back after ten or twenty years of eating rice and experiencing what I am talking about and what others on this thread are talking about.Then you will be speaking of atrocities yourself and trying to say what I am saying while you HIDE YOUR TRUE FEELINGS AND THOUGHTS FROM YOUR GOVERNMENT FOR FEAR OF BEING PUNISHED.

You are what I call a fence sitter and I respect any point of view with the exception of the one you represent.

Their is no right or wrong when a belief is persued and passion displayed,but to sit on the fence and expect to kiss a different asset every time you are confronted with a question that strains your intellect is pitiful at best.

I would accept a communist regime WITH A ONE IN A BILLION CHANCE OF CHANGING IT RATHER THAN SPEND A SINGLE DAY IN YOUR SPINELESS BODY.

That was my Canadian attempt at being the kind of American you would have the world believe make up the greatest humanitarian nation on the planet.

Your attitude and perspective as an individual thankfully ARE NOT IN ANY WAY REPRESENTATIVE OF THE COUNTRY THAT THE WORLD KNOWS AND RESPECTS.We wont speak to your manners ,whats done is done ,your Daddy obviously didnt have a woodshed.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
In case you havent noticed THE WORLD RESPECTS AMERICA MORE THAN EVER BEFORE.

You may not personally like the direction your country is going because your bent perspective is obviously unable to see that it is a noble direction.

AMERICA IS A ROLE MODEL FOR THE WORLD,you would have learned what a role model was HAD YOU SPENT SOME TIME IN THE WOODSHED WITH YOUR DADDY.

The vey fact that you mention in any way in your post that the world has anything but the highest regard for your own country is evidence that you are SELLING OUT YOUR VALUES,and you are doing it because you are floundering intellectually and this alone makes you willing to throw your entire country into the fire to save yourself.The words weak link come to mind.

There are people risking their well being in order to share information and all you can do is throw insults around?Even here in peaceful Canada we would turf you out the door for being so disrespectful to the contributions of others,I THINK THE DISRESPECTFUL OF OTHERS CONTRIBUTIONS IS A COMMON THEME IN YOUR POSTS.

In reference to your attempt to evade the point.

You may take your PPP and put it somewhere close to that my friend because any way you slice it dollar for dollar is dollar for dollar ,the point I'm making that you are running from is that I DONT CARE ABOUT PERCENTAGES AS YOU REPRESENT THEM,I AM SAYING THAT IF YOU CANT CONTRIBUTE AN EQUITABLE AMOUNT OF SUPPORT TO THE REST OF THE WORLD THEN YOUR POPULATION IS TO LARGE AND YOU MUST DOWNSIZE UNTIL YOUR POPULATION AND YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE REST OF THE WORLD ALIGN.

I am saying that china is doomed as Russia was doomed,by their choice to proliferate power via the communist belief system.

I know you cant feed your people if you give that much foriegn aid.

I know you cant educate your children if you give that much foriegn aid.

I know you cant provide adequate health care for your population if you give that much foriegn aid.

I know that you cant support an armed forces if you give that much foriegn aid.

AND MOST OF ALL I KNOW THAT YOUR GOVERNMENTS WAY OF SURVIVING CANNOT EXIST IF YOU GIVE THAT MUCH FORIEGN AID.

Just ask Russia .

You cannot remain in the past you must be forward thinking as a culture in order to survive in the new global econemy and this just doesnt fit chinas perspective.

This concerns most of the world because of Chinas vast population.

THE REST OF THE WORLD CANNOT TAKE THE RISK THAT CHINA WILL HAVE A MELTDOWN IN THE NEAR FUTURE AND DECIDE THAT IT NEEDS TO HAVE A WAR IN ORDER TO AQUIRE RAW RESOURCES TO SIMPLY FEED AND CLOTH ITS PEOPLE.

We are helping because we need to help,because we are now a global family and if we ignore the difficulties any member is suffering today we may all suffer tomorrow.

So in a nutshell especially my american friend ,NOBODY CALLS THEIR OWN SHOTS ON THIS PLANET ANYMORE,NO MORE WILDCATS,NO MORE MAVERICKS,THERE JUST ISNT ENOUGH ROOM FOR EVERYONE TO BE SPECIAL ANYMORE.Not even America is immune to the new global situation,but lucky for at least one fella on this thread America is learning and adjusting at lightening speed as usual and is taking the lead in the next steps forward to a global democracy comprised of all of the nations on earth.

This global democracy is inevitable,it is really a space issue,there just isnt enough room for conflict and war anymore,so if you require conflict and war in order to survive you better start getting your affairs in order because I do believe you shall be joining the dinosaurs soon.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The biggest shortcut China has taken is the one to democracy.

Can you believe that the Chineese people even tolerate this crap,WE ARE COMMUNIST BUT WE INCORPORATE WESTERN PRACTICES INTO OUR LIVES.

I repeat,Russia tried this .

You cant sit and play possum while you grow powerful by undercontributing ,while you secretly build up your countries military manpower capabilities and go on a global buying spree of resources,raw steel,oil,gas,every resource you can imagin and in unimaginable quantities.

And not expect the rest of us to notice.

I have suggested opening Canadas borders to global immigration on an unprecedented scale many times.I believe that there should be one world government comprised of representatives from every nation on earth ALL BASED ON A DEMOCRATIC SYSTEM,BUT ONE WHERE THE PEOPLE REPRESENT THEMSELVES,NOT ONE WHERE THEY ARE REPRESENTED BY CROOKED POLITICIANS,like many of our current democracys are.

If you dont allow each of your citezens to personally vote in real time on world issues you will not be allowed to exist as an armed entity.This means that each person actually has to physically vote on every issue, no constituents ,no multileveled governments ,no REPRESENTATIVES OF THE PEOPLE,none of that deception.

Every human sitting in front of a computer moniter voting on the same issue AT THE SAME TIME WITH NO MIDDLE MEN.

Now what would happen if just one half of Chinas people chose to subscribe to this global perspective.

Do people in China believe in a global family?Not the Government but the people?

Do the people in China see the changes the US is instituting in its own country?Do they see that Obama is taking unprecedented strides towards a global democracy?Do they see that the only way to ensure prosperity and growth in Chinas future is to embrace this perspective and begin to emulate the only world superpower,INSTEAD OF THINKING THEY CAN JUST WAIT UNTIL THE CULTURE CRUMBLES AND THEY ATTAIN THEIR RIGHTFUL PLACE AS WORLD LEADERS.

It will never happen because America is all about teamwork and this simply eludes the chineese mindset ,America will never disappear ,it will simply transform itself into a Democratic leader BY EXAMPLE of many countries exactly as it is doing now.And in doing so it will surpass in size and therefore influence and a place in history to rival even Chinas.

There will never be another SUPERPOWER .

America is abdicating its position as the lone superpower long before it becomes extinct because America understands change and the importance of teamwork in effecting change.America is has been and always will be a leader by the definition of the word,and they will lead by example.They will lead the planet into the future on the back of one true GLOBAL DEMOCRACY.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

You have negated the responsibilities for safe products to those who consume them...bad business, and I suspect that the industries over there that took the cheap shortcuts are feeling the results of those short cuts.

Actually I haven't, the responsibility will always lie with the company selling them to the consumer as I said. These AMERICAN companies dropped the ball by not having any quality control in place to monitor the production of the goods. Also as I previously said I have worked for some of the largest American companies in China and they have a whole divisions devotedt o QC.....the result.....any problems are corrected at the source and they have never had any problems with tainted products.

My bad for using the word "every" when I referred to the gluttony for trees during Maos "Great Leap Forward" but the impact specifically on the southern region of Karst was devastating. One hundred million people are still feeling the effects of the deforestation.. and reforestation of parts of China are hindered due to the encroachment of populations still needing wood for their furnaces.

I have been to the karst ranges in Guanxi and believe me there are plenty of trees and plenty of rice paddies....an immensely beautiful area indeed.

Again imagine if half of Europe or even half of the U.S were to cease purchasing Chinese products. China has not taken the steps to compete in a responsible manner..the harm that comes out ways the little bit of good for only some in China.

Yes, it would be economic meltdown in these countries as they can't produce for themsleves anymore, let alone an overnight massive increase in price for most goods. The countries are too interdependent, every leader from both sides knows how destructive such a move would be to their own people and hence such a foolish decision will never be made.

If you care to bash my country or any other that is fine...we have committed many sins. But what does that say about China in that they skirted the hard learned lessons that if noted would have started China off on a more secure and clean footing. So many short cuts.

Which nation doesn't take shortcuts? America still does. You still don't seem to understand China atm. It is economic expansion at any cost, they ahve to keep their people employed. Right now the environment is coming second, but progress is being made. We can both agree the USA would be a toilet if it had 1.3 billion people.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

It does however seem that you are appling for Chineese citizenship,why dont you post back after ten or twenty years of eating rice and experiencing what I am talking about and what others on this thread are talking about.Then you will be speaking of atrocities yourself and trying to say what I am saying while you HIDE YOUR TRUE FEELINGS AND THOUGHTS FROM YOUR GOVERNMENT FOR FEAR OF BEING PUNISHED.

Buddy you nkeep on waffling, no one seems to be listening to you as you really have no idea what you are talking about. I have lived in China for a few years and I was eating far more than rice. You are so ignorant. People so don't understand what you are saying - I can make the leap that if you are a product of Canada's education system, then China has afar superior one

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

In case you havent noticed THE WORLD RESPECTS AMERICA MORE THAN EVER BEFORE.

Not true, they respect America more now than under Bush, than ever before - you truly are delusional.

AMERICA IS A ROLE MODEL FOR THE WORLD,you would have learned what a role model was HAD YOU SPENT SOME TIME IN THE WOODSHED WITH YOUR DADDY.

What about your daddy bending you over in the woodshed? Please no more family stories.

[qutote]The vey fact that you mention in any way in your post that the world has anything but the highest regard for your own country is evidence that you are SELLING OUT YOUR VALUES,and you are doing it because you are floundering intellectually and this alone makes you willing to throw your entire country into the fire to save yourself.The words weak link come to mind.

Please don't hold yourself up as some example of intellect, you don't have any.

I THINK THE DISRESPECTFUL OF OTHERS CONTRIBUTIONS IS A COMMON THEME IN YOUR POSTS.

You ahve earned no respect, from your uninformed views to your terrible posting syntax. Respect is earned....you have a long way to go.

You may take your PPP and put it somewhere close to that my friend because any way you slice it dollar for dollar is dollar for dollar ,the point I'm making that you are running from is that I DONT CARE ABOUT PERCENTAGES AS YOU REPRESENT THEM,I AM SAYING THAT IF YOU CANT CONTRIBUTE AN EQUITABLE AMOUNT OF SUPPORT TO THE REST OF THE WORLD THEN YOUR POPULATION IS TO LARGE AND YOU MUST DOWNSIZE UNTIL YOUR POPULATION AND YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE REST OF THE WORLD ALIGN.

In a nutshell you have shown your lack of knowledge of economics. Your ignorance is laid bare, what else is there to say ?

The rest of your post as usual is waffle and not worth the time responding

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Rouge1,the first reaction that an individual such as yourself has to being faced with an alternative perspective ,one which forces you to accept a reality that you are not prepared to accept(once you hear or read it ,its like medicine--isnt it?) --is to attempt to iniate a conflict ,your limited ability to absorb others perspectives is like a handi-cap ,it cripples your ability to progress,therefore you hold on to your own ideas and put up a wall .This is how it is supposed to be.You are holding on by your fingernails to a perspective that your mind? tells you is wrong,but your lack of ability to accept change without it being spoonfed to you is holding you in intellectual quicksand ,and you had better stop squirming and settle down before you sink even deeper,or put out you hand and let someone pull you out of the pit you seem to have found yourself in.

I accept your perspective and momentarily it is enjoyable to observe your struggle to grasp ahold of a new perspective because this is usually a sign of growth and progress,but discussing issues with you in an adversarial manner is like kicking puppies,it just isnt right.You seem so defenceless.

I am glad you enjoy your time in China it is a beautiful country,and I am sure you have been able to find more to eat than rice,hows your immigration application coming along?

Im not attacking you,I truly believe that you dont belong in America,simply because your heart is in China .You are welcome in Canada we take anyone here mostly because we believe in multi-cultural diversity and lord knows with your particular mindset you need to be immersed in a society that promotes diversity ,you see diversity encourages change which is tantamount to education which is exactly what you are lacking.you should seriously consider a change of address,at the very least you should renounce your American citizenship.

I dont have to question wether or not your lack of education regarding the current global crisis is a reflection of Americas educational or social system,because I believe that it is you as an individual who is choosing to remain "in the dark"if you will.I would never look to the least informed ,educated ,or able individual in a group to gain a perspective of all of the members of that group.I dont believe that you could possibly fit into any category other than the aforementioned.

By the way I'm not sure what type of woodsheds you have where you live but I hope that you werent bent over in yours because thats the first time I have heard a reference like the one you provided.Well I guess we are sharing perspectives after all arent we?

If it is possible could you stretch it out a little and try to find some new and improved perspectives because it does get a little old hearing about your "wonderful experiences in China".

If you have listened to even a small fraction of what has been said on this thread you should realise that YOUR ABILITY TO PROPERLY AND ACCURATELY REPRESENT THE LIVING CONDITIONS OR THE SOCIO-POLITICAL CLIMATE IN CHINA IS TAINTED BY YOUR PERSONAL INABILITY TO ACCEPT NEW PERSPECTIVES AND YOUR SEEMINGLY ADOLESCENT TENDENCY TO RESORT TO SQUABBLING AS A MEANS OF HIDING YOUR SHORTCOMINGS.

Spend thirty or forty years in China then you might have the ability and the experience to espouse your current views,you as a special case might need fifty or sixty years,AND DONT FORGET THAT IMMIGRATION ISSUE BECAUSE YOU DONT DESERVE THE PROTECTION AND SUPPORT OF YOUR CURRENT HOMELAND,THIS WOULD ONLY ALLOW YOUR UNDERDEVELOPED PERSPECTIVE TO REMAIN INTACT.

Your holidays or your english language teaching exchange(maybe you should come to Canada I seem to need a little of your good old American knowhow) or your walkabout or whatever you claim asthe reason you have been in China is absolutely irrelevant.

You my friend are a tourist plain and simple,so every time you make a reference to your personal experiences in China you sink even deeper into that intellectual quicksand you are stuck in.

Do you think that a visitor from a village in China who has never spoken into a telephone or looked at a computer screen ,but has been to Vegas a couple of times would ,have the ability to make an informed decision as to the state of Americas social,political,or economic situation??

Open up your mind a little Rouge1 and join the rest of the world,start to utilise the massive amount of resources available to you IN YOUR OWN GREAT COUNTRY AMERICA to expand your limited perspective on the country you have only "visited",how could you undervalue your own personal situation and thereby opportunity to help the world help the Chineese people by remaining this underinformed?

Until you surrender your passport on the other side of the Chineese border and renounce your American citizenship,with the intent of totally immersing yourself into the Chineese culture WITHOUT THE PROTECTION OF AMERICA THE COUNTRY I STILL DONT BELIEVE YOU DESERVE TO BE A PART OF your thoughts are random and fractured at best. Your perspective considering your lack of real world experiences outside of tourism makes you hard to believe and it also makes it hard to understand your almost manic perspective on America and Chinas positions in the world.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I would like to ask you and contact how has the social revoultion affected Taoism and by that I mean classical Taoism? Do they still have monasteries? What do you make of Wang Liping is he the real deal of more propaganda? Have either of you heard of John Chang video here

What do you feel is China's role in the future? Do you see them become a Democracy eventually? I have many Chinese friend who say that eventually they see this happening but not for a while. What are your though on alternative energy source I think that the Chinese Gov would be working round the clock to become energy independent with their ever excelling population?
Thanks For taking the time to talk
Black Pheonix

[edit on 12-6-2009 by blackpheonix]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

That was one fine post one4all...came close to tear jerker for me.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rogue1

I live in a free society that has a say in the origin of the products that are purchased. Do you rally believe that Americans see any interdependence when they spend their dollars? They do not.

The March 2008 crackdown of Tibetans opened eyes and I have seen many chain stores rid their shelves of Chinese products. Americans can be apathetic but once their dogs and cats are poisoned and they see the heavy hand of China come down on defenseless populations the orders for "Made in China" began to wane.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

LOLLOL, the first reaction that an individual such as yourself has to being faced with an alternative perspective ,one which forces you to accept a reality that you are not prepared to accept(once you hear or read it ,its like medicine--isnt it?) --is to attempt to iniate a conflict ,your limited ability to absorb others perspectives is like a handi-cap ,it cripples your ability to progress,therefore you hold on to your own ideas and put up a wall .This is how it is supposed to be.You are holding on by your fingernails to a perspective that your mind? tells you is wrong,but your lack of ability to accept change without it being spoonfed to you is holding you in intellectual quicksand ,and you had better stop squirming and settle down before you sink even deeper,or put out you hand and let someone pull you out of the pit you seem to have found yourself in.

I accept your perspective and momentarily it is enjoyable to observe your struggle to grasp ahold of a new perspective because this is usually a sign of growth and progress,but discussing issues with you in an adversarial manner is like kicking puppies,it just isnt right.You seem so defenceless.

Whoa, why i usually exactly have this feeling (only the two first paragraphes) when trying to have a normal discussion & conversation with these "supposedly-ignorance-denying" anti-china crusaders?

(ps. replace just the first name now changed to LOLLOL in italics, and many of those dave posted in this thread
)

[edit on 12/6/09 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

reply to post by rogue1

Hey, there you are, didn't that happen for the past 5-8 months when sales dropped for 50% worldwide????? Life goes on though and see who is the first one to come over this financial crisis caused by the corrupted messed up Anglo-saxon financial entities

Anecdote: Last time when I was flying to Germany I met a German dude in the plane, who need to fly to China 4-5 times a year. One thing he said will be always in my thoughts when we were discussing AIG and other f*** scandals worldwide (incl Chinese ones, like the Gome scandal). "The big difference between China and the West is, is that when in the West you cheat and everyone knows about it, regardless you will get rewarded with millions... at least in China when you cheat and everyone knows about it, you will be executed." The point of this short story? Nowhere in this world it is perfect, but if I (and many others) have to choose, I rather choose to be in China,

Sure changes need to be made, poverty reduced, etc etc etc blablablabla, but if you want to talk about China, try to at least come up with some constructive ideas and do not only whine and cry, because I believe anyone can be 24/7 busily whining and crying about their own home already, why bother to do it about other's homes when you are not even constructive or really helping......

[edit on 12/6/09 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

Hey Ichi...I remember you. How is your life these days? All is well I hope.

This American is not whining. As you know I am a big critic of my own country and thereby also a critic of your country...however this thread was started in order that we discuss China.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackpheonix
I would like to ask you and contact how has the social revoultion affected Taoism and by that I mean classical Taoism? Do they still have monasteries? What do you make of Wang Liping is he the real deal of more propaganda? Have either of you heard of John Chang video here

What do you feel is China's role in the future? Do you see them become a Democracy eventually? I have many Chinese friend who say that eventually they see this happening but not for a while. What are your though on alternative energy source I think that the Chinese Gov would be working round the clock to become energy independent with their ever excelling population?
Thanks For taking the time to talk
Black Pheonix

1) If your "social revoultion" means "Cultural Revolution", then it changed everything.

2) no internet inside China can watch any youtube link or video, actually I mean most video on internet.

3) As far as I know, CCP changed from Communism to Capitalism ONLY because they don't want to change from Dictatorship to Democracy. Do u really believe they will just suicide?

4) I believed if our corruption can down 10%, we don't even need alternative energy source.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join