It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man pulls cop over for speeding!! ( Warning- Language )!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What really angered me about this was that the "cameraman" was so stupid that he actually took his attention away from his driving to activate and then use his video camera whilst driving at such a speed...!!!

Then, to make matters worse actually agravates the policeman. What a complete idiot.

He should be charged with dangerous driving - after all it is illegal to use a mobile phone whilst driving, it is no different for using a camera!

Muppet.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I must be the only one who thinks that this guy is a complete moron. Some of you are saying that the cop thinks he's above the law.....

Lets see,

a police officer who is professionally trained to drive at high speeds, in a car that is more than capable of doing high speeds, and who is concentrating 100% more on driving than,

an idiot driving with one hand trying to film, who has more than likely not gone through the same driver training as police officers, in a car that almost certainly wouldn't be as capable as the cops car.

All to become a youtube hero

The guys attitude is laughable too.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The guy filming that is a grade A idiot for many reasons.

Besides, it's an unwritten rule that when you see a cop speeding without sirens, you can get adjacent him and go the same speed.

I ALWAYS do, and I've never been pulled over.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Trouble is there is no video of speeding by the policeman
initially,only the rants of video man.
Most of the dialogue is in video mans car,one or two
repeating words

the only one I saw breaking tha usual laws is video man himself
(not in proper control of his car) this guy is a nutball.
The policeman is actually pretty under control and polite,
Not enough info to this story.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by FrankWhite222

They cop knew he was on videotape, he just wanted to make the whole thing go away. He probably wishes now he had just killed the kid and thrown the videocamera in the canal.

Going from a speeder on a non-busy road to a murderer is quite a stretch don't ya think?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Any and all police officers will be offended by this video, and lay out a handful of random excuses...poor one's at that might I add, however, it still does not excuse this officer's reckless behaviour.
I for one hope more citizen's start doing this.
I know I will.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JSarge
I must be the only one who thinks that this guy is a complete moron. Some of you are saying that the cop thinks he's above the law.....

Lets see,

a police officer who is professionally trained to drive at high speeds, in a car that is more than capable of doing high speeds, and who is concentrating 100% more on driving than,

an idiot driving with one hand trying to film, who has more than likely not gone through the same driver training as police officers, in a car that almost certainly wouldn't be as capable as the cops car.

Well I'd say they need some refresher courses in the worst way, because:

Some of the figures cited by organizations are as alarming as they are contradictory. A National Highway Traffic Safety Administration report estimates that 350 deaths per year are the results of police pursuits. Over 5,300 pursuit-related deaths were reported to the federal government from 1980 to 1996, although most critics suspect this number is low. Other data places the figure far higher: 2,500 people die and 55,000 people are injured annually as a result of high speed chases. One out of four chase-fatalities are bystanders

Source: social.jrank.org...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This really nothing to do about good cop or bad cop.

The main issue is a complete idiot driving dangerously after a police car with only about 50% control of the car. Childish language and thought process and a silly attitude when he confronts the policeman.

If he was being attacked or his house(dolls) was being robbed I bet he would want the cop to speed then!!

There is no way he knew the cop was JUST speeding when he passed him and took it on himself to be the PUBLIC hero.

Anyone who agrees with this video is only showing their immaturity and nothing else.

Its idiots like him who encourage other people to do similiar stupid things. He should be arrested not for breaking the law but for being a danger to himself and the general driving public

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Nice. There needs to be a TV show of people doing this. I would be more than happy to do it since im one of the a minorities

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
yes, the guy's vocabulary isn't that of Emerson, and he shouldn't have been messing with the camera whilst speeding down a narrow road... but.....

the balls on this guy to confront the deputy in person... and the deputy could do nothing.. that is the main point of the whole video, which is hard to sit thru until they get out of the cars..

.. the point is powerful, and hopefully will spark more reasonable people to start calling out these pigs..

I'm not saying all law enforcement are bad, dirty, or inherently flawed; this civilian, however angry and inarticulate, was expressing his freedom, which is increasingly lacking in our society -- so, in that sense, it was fun to see...

p.s. please arrest me

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador
This really nothing to do about good cop or bad cop.

The main issue is a complete idiot driving dangerously after a police car with only about 50% control of the car. Childish language and thought process and a silly attitude when he confronts the policeman.

If he was being attacked or his house(dolls) was being robbed I bet he would want the cop to speed then!!

There is no way he knew the cop was JUST speeding when he passed him and took it on himself to be the PUBLIC hero.

Anyone who agrees with this video is only showing their immaturity and nothing else.

Its idiots like him who encourage other people to do similiar stupid things. He should be arrested not for breaking the law but for being a danger to himself and the general driving public

Oh yeah? How about, next time a policeman pulls you over for doing 6-10 miles over the speed limit which most tickets are written for, try saying to the cop "What's your problem, what have I done to you?" See how far it gets you. Yet that was the only thing this cop doing 100 mph had to say. He should have written himself a ticket right then and there, in that case I'd be agreeing with you.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
amazing! i love it!
everyone should do this. i watched 4 cops parked in a parking lot talking for 3 hours one time. with their tax payers $2.89 a gallon gas running, and their 4 $80,000 modified cruisers. what a joke. i called the township but they didnt care. total bs.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

yeah uh... cops get away with too much buddy. you forget that you pay most of their salaries, if not all. wake up. they are not above the law just have the privledge to enforce it, which ironically we all have the right to enoforce it, they just get to waste our money doing it.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

if you watched the video, you see the cop blow a stop sign at 80 mphs, so that is a huge violation. regardless whether or not he had him speeding in the first place.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JSarge

Lets see,

The idiot driver never joined an organization promising to protect and serve the public and uphold the law.

The idiot driver is not paid by my tax money.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers
What really angered me about this was that the "cameraman" was so stupid that he actually took his attention away from his driving to activate and then use his video camera whilst driving at such a speed...!!!

Then, to make matters worse actually agravates the policeman. What a complete idiot.

He should be charged with dangerous driving - after all it is illegal to use a mobile phone whilst driving, it is no different for using a camera!

Muppet.

I dont know if it's the same where this happened, but it's very legal in quite a few cases to be on a cellphone while driving.

Also, theres nothing wrong with aggravating an officer. They do the same to civillians.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
LMAO! That guy is lucky he didn't get thrown in jail, or beaten!

-E-

Yeah i know slaves should respect their gods?

Slaves just don't know their place yet well let hope more get the message from being thrown in jail, or beaten. We can't have attempts at equality and justice from slaves. Only gods can speed slaves can not these are the rules learn them slaves.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
My only question is why didn't the cop give the kid a ticket or arrest him for reckless endangerment!?

That cop must have had a reason not to, enough of a reason to motivate that cop NOT to put his own actions & whereabouts on "the record". First, the cop probably didn't know how long that guy had been video taping him. That means he was worried what information was on the tape about him. He probably didn't want to have to explain to his Chief on the police report why he was where he was (let alone speeding with no reason - no call).

Furthermore, the cop sure as heck didn't want that tape to make it into court, which you know that kid wanted (the kid gambled with that when he was taunting the cop to arrest him).

If that cop wasn't up to no good then he had every reason, and more importantly, it was his DUTY to arrest that kid for reckless endangerment.

It could be as simple as he was having an affair and didn't want anyone to see what neighborhood he was coming out of, who knows...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador

No dont get me wrong, as I said in an earlier post, I dont condone things to this extent, but there is nothing immature about holding police to a higher standard.

If a cop is crossing traffic, passing motorists, etc, at a high rate of speed, without their lights on, they are in violation, regardless of what their reasons are.

Blowing stop signs at this speed with no lights isnt just a violation, it's a downright DANGER to civilians.

If the person filming this video is to be arrested in your mind, the cop should be in cuffs right next to him.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Exactly.

As everyone points out the `kid`was breaking the law, driving excessive speeds and SHOULD have gotten at the very least a ticket.

This did not happen.

Also, He was following the officer close, constantly blasting his horn. Is it not the officers duty to the public to see what the citizen wants?

he did not pull over for a long time. Not what I would expect from an officer of the law. If the situation were reversed the officer would be very suspicious of the driver for waiting so long to pull over.

So at the very least, this officer is guilty of not doing his job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join