It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man pulls cop over for speeding!! ( Warning- Language )!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

When you said:

"Putting other people's lives in danger and showing no respect for the law" --- who did you mean, the cop or the kid?

Gomer calling a Citizen's Arrest on Barney
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So the proper way to do this would be

A) purchase radar gun
B) purchase radios
C) purchase 2 vid camera's
D) purchase digital trunking police scanner to listen if any calls are being responded to.
E) set up speed trap off highway with radar gun and camera looking for speeding police
F) have friend further near interstate where it turns into town to follow cop's once they slow down.

Document all for courts.
Although I am sure the police would find a way to cite you a ticket for setting up a speed trap or some such thing. Would make for a hell of an entertaining tv show instead of COPS it could be called FLOPS.

Too bad I don't have a couple of extra thousands and a lot of spare time laying around.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by drift393
So the proper way to do this would be

A) purchase radar gun
B) purchase radios
C) purchase 2 vid camera's
D) purchase digital trunking police scanner to listen if any calls are being responded to.
E) set up speed trap off highway with radar gun and camera looking for speeding police
F) have friend further near interstate where it turns into town to follow cop's once they slow down.

Document all for courts.
Although I am sure the police would find a way to cite you a ticket for setting up a speed trap or some such thing. Would make for a hell of an entertaining tv show instead of COPS it could be called FLOPS.

Too bad I don't have a couple of extra thousands and a lot of spare time laying around.

Thanks drift, this is what I was looking for when I asked what the other options were, perfect, never thought of setting up a speed trap for a cop!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The guy behind the camera is acting, frankly, like a bit of a douche. He's fortunate he wasn't hauled off to jail himself.

But that being said, there's no doubt I find the idea of a police officer having the tables turned on them highly amusing.

We all know what it's like to be pulled over and ticketed for going a little too fast. It's an annoying experience. And I'm sure most of us ourselves have seen cops either driving recklessly or too fast, or otherwise acting as if the law doesn't apply to them.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Yes, we need good cops to enforce the legal law, and set a example to others. If it were you, it would make no difference than if it were me. You do the crime, you do the time.

But, in the bigger picture, you know as well as I that the highway system was created and built for 100 miles an hour, period! Most of the "Legal" laws pertaining to speed limits are bogus in the first place and only enacted as a form of cash flow for the municipality. Our battle is not with law enforcement and good cops, its with power hungry lawyers and corrupt public servants you guys wont arrest, or cant. Maybe the good citizens and good cops should unite and get this corrupt cess pool cleaned up!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Nice video!

"I'll arrest you for... for kidnapping!"

LOL! Oh, man! If I had been that guy, I would've laughed my head off right there!

But seriously, this goes back to how many cops believe they're above the law. Now, if the cop had been chasing down a guy going that fast and he acted the way he did to the guy, the cop would probably take him out of his car and arrest him.

Also, did you see how he was hesitant on giving his name at first? And, the guy was honking for a few minutes! The cop was, most likely, afraid that he knew what he did.

Glad to see he got reprimanded. The guy who shot that video gets kudos in my book. I'm done with half-ass cops who think they're better then everyone, and just because they have a badge, they think they can do whatever they want.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Modern cars are made to do 100 on modern roads, easily. Police cars, even more so with police modifications done.

I do over 100 on a regular basis on straight aways with few cars.

The bigger risk are the slow driving morons in the passing lane (left lane). It is the law in my state to keep right except when passing and is posted everywhere, yet it seems very few follow this law and courtesy anymore.

Speeding is kind of a joke. America loves speed. Most people speed when they can around here, if you don't, you are basically impeding traffic.

It is a game between the drivers and the police, designed to make money for that Dept or locality.

I don't fault the cop for speeding as I don't fault other people for speeding. What I do fault people for is doing stupid things while driving, such as cutting people off, tailgating, and speeding in heavy traffic.

This officer actually seemed pretty cool. The cops in my old town were known for brutality if you acted the fool. They would have beat this guy down and destroyed or taken and disposed of his phone in the process. They were investigated in the murder of a local guy after he filed brutality charges and was found the following Monday hanging from the baseball backstop at his High School.

The FBI was called in after the public outcry of his death being ruled a suicide. The Hoovers didn't find anything either. Suicide stood even though everyone knew it was the county police.

I think it would make more sense to catch them committing real crimes. A bunch of city cops near my old home were caught double dipping.

They were working as security guards for a brothel while on duty. Now that is the kind of police corruption that should be pursued and investigated.

I guess if your cops are just speeding in the cars that they have been trained to speed in, and the cars themselves fortified for high speeds, then you live in a really sleepy place. You should just be glad that is what your cops are up to.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
That is too intense, I will look later. They were blowing through stop signs and everything. 100 miles an hour, that cop should not even have a job, there are protocols.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankWhite222

They cop knew he was on videotape, he just wanted to make the whole thing go away. He probably wishes now he had just killed the kid and thrown the videocamera in the canal.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Interesting the camera guy doing this. If the camera guy could clean up his language, as his language is disgusting (I am not a prude), the video would have been much easier to follow, as I almost turned it off several times cause of his continual use of the "F" word.

The camera guy definitely has balls. No doubt about it. Though I am unclear as to exactly why he pulled this stunt. I think he was upset at the cop cause the cop passed him at a high rate of speed. What if the cop had been in a chase or something? This guy could get in all kinds of trouble.

I am no cop lover, however, this stunt I would consider just plain "stupid". Keep a camera with you at all times, especially when driving, so you can film the cops in case you are stopped.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
I don't understand how being hypocritical is heroic. His pursuit endangered the lives of innocent people just as much as the deputies lack of respect for the posted speed limit.

The whole situation is bad judgment in my opinion.

I don't understand the use of the word hypocritical and how people think that because something might have a bit of hypocrisy, it denounces the point all together.

Lets get it straight. A person driving 10 MPH could endanger lives. The POINT of this is to show that the police are ABOVE the law, and it does a fine job at it.

If a man who was fully pledged against killing, went out and killed a killer on the loose - would he be hypocritical? Damn straight he would be, but he would have also done a fine job.

So the lesson today... HYPOCRITICAL DOESN'T EQUATE TO WRONG

[edit on 28-5-2009 by FritosBBQTwist]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

Probably follow him enough to get license plate numbers and record of the speed like he did in the beging of the video and then pulled away. The he should have taken that evidence and take it to court or something.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I feel as divided as some of you on this. On the one hand we all hate when we see them abuse the system. Why though? Because it's wrong to abuse the system or because we wish we could too?

I have often said, seen it written, and heard it read:

"We become that which we rebel against"

Here we have a perfect case in point. One guys speeds, for whatever reason. The other guy speeds to catch up. Two wrongs that once again do not make a right. Had it been the other way around, where the cop was chasing the jaded, "I've been ticked for speeding too" videographer, the only difference to the universe would be the ticket...

There should be a number just as simple as 911 that allows us to call them out when we notice them doing something stupid and inappropriate. After all, they work for us, and as their bosses we should have some reasonably accessible means by which to hold them accountable.

In the mean time, slow down, relax and watch as the morons cull themselves out of the herd... Which is fine by me if the reports of future food and water shortages actually come to fruition, ha.

I did enjoy watching though. There is a piece of me that has not yet evolved that tickles when I watch stuff like this...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by octaviameister

If the cop is giving chase he would of had his lights on. Standard protocol. Thats why many cops who pass red lights or pass stops signs or speed have there lights on until they are no longer needed.

Peace!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankWhite222

If somebody wants me to drive 100 mph, they better lobby the legislature real good to get that speed limit raised. I drive five miles BELOW the posted limit. Nobody can bust you for driving the speed limit, in spite of what the flow of traffic is doing. But a crooked cop can always bust you for 100 mph even if you WERE in the flow of traffic doing a similar speed.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by octaviameister
If the camera guy could clean up his language, as his language is disgusting (I am not a prude), the video would have been much easier to follow, as I almost turned it off several times cause of his continual use of the "F" word.

That is hilarious.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I got a feeling something else was going on with that cop, real crooked. Really crooked.

But the cahones for the cameraman, stepping up like that.

He literally switched the position between prison guard and inmates, I've never seen a civilian pull over a police officer!

This is ideal for a psychology professor to see! It proves a very good point!

I hope he doesn't get harrassed from now on though, the police force all over that one guy. Yuck.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I don't think all cops are bad I've gotten let off easy a time or two but this cop deserved what he got. Going 90mph on a free way is as dangerous being a cop as it is being a civilian. Although the freeway is probably the safest place to do that kind of speeding, I mean the Germans have the autobahn and I'm sure people are doing way more than 90 sometimes. What was he supposed to do just let the cop break the law and later walk all over us peons doing a measly 8 mph over? The rules of the road apply as much as it applies to us, and I think civilians should be able to confront cops without fear about the laws they do break. I'm glad this guy had the guts to do it and the driving skills to cope with the speed while handling a video camera, this cop got caught with his pants down for sure, loved it.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There are good cops who need to raise families and not lose their job.

There are bad cops who grow marijuana in their backyard and use the roads as driving courses.

Good cops out number bad cops, but the few bad cops can ruin the reputation of all the good cops.

My experience with the police has generally been bad, but they have also done some extremely good Samaritan things for me.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Agreed, just like in people there are good and bad.

Even that little bit of power the police get is a very good pot for mixing corruption into their lives.

I remember in Ontario last year, a cop was drifting at 2:00am and it got out of control and slammed into a horse trailer kiling 2 horses. Quite tragic, don't know what happened to him.

But I don't let it generalize the complete canadian police deptmts.

Although an astounding number of them are corrupt to the utmost, and use unneccesary force.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join