It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man pulls cop over for speeding!! ( Warning- Language )!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
My only problem with this is:

My average speed in my personal car on the freeway was 80mph. I refused to write tickets while on duty to anyone doing below that, even if it was above 60. To me, that was hypocritical. In fact, I would say about 80% of my citations issued where for speeds in excess of 85mph.

Would I speed in my personal car? Yes. Would I speed on duty? Yes.

but I was fair and just.

My point is this. I know for a fact that most cops are power-tripping ego maniacs. Most, not ALL. In his mission to pull over a cop (which, you can do nothing about. You can only make a citizen's arrest on a felony charge), did he take into account that this might have been one of the few good guys left? And now he is in trouble, and you are left with a bunch of morons with guns . . . and no good guys on the inside.

Now knowing what you know about me, what if the cop in the video would have been me?

[edit on 28/5/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I agree with Bombeni.
There should be a dedicated TV show that follow the Police around catching them breaking the law.
Police aren't above the law and who is watching the watchers?
In this day and age of increased police powers, they really should be monitored.

This kid is doing what really should be done by professionals.
But good on him anyway.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Flighty]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

Kudos to the camera guy lol.

I wish I had the balls to pull something like that off.

And xxpigxx, the cop wasnt responding to a call. He was just speeding which is dangerous and illegal. For everyone. Even the pigs who think they are above god and everything. If your doing 100+ without sirens then that doesnt seem like it fits any of your codes. Maybe ten miles above without sirens or lights is ok for code whatever but if your seriously pushing 100 then you better have lights or sirens or something to tell people your in a big hurry and "get out of the way so I can saftely pass you doing 100". If your doing 100 without any warning to anyone around you its just as dangerous as a citizen doing 100.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

yeah, that code stuff's just wonderful until a child steps off the curb, not expecting a cop to come round the corner doing 3 or 4 times the limit with no warning.

the sirens are there to warn people to be careful because you're coming down the road fast as much as to make them move out of the way or pull over.

on the other hand, the guy in the video's a freaking idiot, driving at 90mph while trying to man handle a video camera so he can get a good view of the cop up ahead. i can't believe you'ld applaud him for such reckless behavior.

[edit on 28/5/09 by pieman]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Generally speaking, if you are going to be doing excessive speeds (+15mph or more over the limit in the city and +25mph or more over the limit on the freeway), the lights need to be on. Lights must be on if passing through intersections with stop signals (signs or lights).

If the speed traveled is under that general rule, no lights are needed, because you are not posing much of a bigger risk than normal.

A big part of it has to deal with insurance, and you also have to remember that police are trained in high speed driving and maneuvering. Most are very proficient at it. That does not stop accidents, but it lowers the probability.

Every department has different regulations on Codes and when to use overhead lights, strob/flashing headlights and sirens. But they are generally comparable.

Out of the hundreds of LEO's I know, I can count on one hand, the number of them that have gone code to anywhere other than a dispatched call. So you all can stop the trip about the doughnuts and girlfriends etc.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by caballero

I was not responding to the video. I was responding to the attacks implying that all cops who do not run lights and sirens all the time are going to get doughnuts or a quickie.

That is not even near the truth.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

# happens. A kid can step off the curb with lights and sirens or without. I have had it happen to me both ways.

There are departmental regulations on use of code, that vary by department, but are inline with state regs and insurance regs, and most are basically the same.

So how many deaths do you hear of kids getting hit buy police cars?

I remember one in the last year . . .

Now take that and factor in the amount of LEO's that are hauling ass on the streets going code with or without lights and sirens . . .

Thank you.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

hey, i didn't say cops kill thousands every year due to their excessive speeds, i'm merely pointing out that i find it objectionable to cite codes as a justification for speeding.

the limits are there for a reason and the police have a fairly obvious responsibility to be more law conscious than the average citizen.

as far as i'm concerned, if it's not important enough for lights and sirens, it's not important enough to break the speed limit.

you can cite all the regs you want, doesn't change the spirit of the thing.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
And that is how you take back the Republic. Don't play by their rules, make up your own rules and it will leave them scratching their head.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

I know not all cops are bad guys but when the bad cops are obviously breaking the rules they need to be made example of. In this case he was obviously breaking the law. Going upwards of 100 miles an hour with no warning signals what so ever poses serious risks to everyone around him regardless of whatever training he might have had. You cant plan for that one kids stepping of the curb a second to late or the idiot who changes lanes without a signal a second too late, since he had no lights and no sirens no one around him would notice he was going so fast until he passes them.

There is no excuse for this kind of reckless behaviour, Im not against cops Im against idiots who think they are above the law. This guy is one of those idiots and if you have ever traveled 100+ with out any kind of warning for the rest of us then shame on you( Im not saying you have). Its just not ok. It isnt ok for the rest of us it shouldnt be ok for the cop.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
when is everyone gonna stop saying its only one bad cop?Is it so hard to believe that most cops are corrupt(absolute power corrupts.......absolutely!!!!)this guy is the rule not the exception! flagged it But don't know how to star it

[edit on 28-5-2009 by genius/idoit]

[edit on 28-5-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
I agree with Bombeni.
There should be a dedicated TV show that follow the Police around catching them breaking the law.
Police aren't above the law and who is watching the watchers?
In this day and age of increased police powers, they really should be monitored.

This kid is doing what really should be done by professionals.
But good on him anyway.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Flighty]

Well actually, years ago here in Tulsa, a reporter did in fact go undercover and followed cops around for several days with a video cam. He videotaped them spending hours in ------drumroll please------ donut shops! No I'm not kidding, I'll see if I can find the article in archives, this was about 20 years ago. The cops, there were 3 or 4 I think, were reprimanded, but humiliated bigtime.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
awesome! just awesome.. BRAVO! BRAVO!!!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is, NO one not cops not civilians should speed. In fact, cops should not enter into high speed pursuits ever, those are wayyy more dangerous than letting the alleged criminal go until he/she can be caught in a way that doesn't put dozens/hundreds of lives at stake.

Right now on Court TV a hypo is on trial for killing two teen sisters who drove to the store to buy some milk. Hypo was after a speeder. So yeah, what this kid did is dumb but it shows how dumb the whole system is. If someone is speeding, get his license plate number and send him a ticket in the mail, much easier and safer than chasing them down just for the pleasure of handing it to them personally.

www.cnn.com...#/video/crime/2009/05/07/dcl.ford.nj.trooper.trial.cnn

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I couldn't tell if when they passed the traffic lights midway though the vid if the cop turned on his EVA/MIRT to change the light to green so he could keep going or not, then turned off the MIRT. If so, he is just pissing around to rush home or elsewhere.

Could make a big difference knowing this in a court of law.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
To all those here who think there are good and bad cops, I say this:
How many supposedly good cops turn a blind eye to the rotten eggs in their respective departments? Can they still be considered good while they know other officers are breaking so many laws? They aid and abet by not turning them in. Anyone who has ever held any kind of job knows just who the slackers are in their companies, cops are no different.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
That just cracks me up when the kid is laying on the horn, on the cops bumper practically, and the cop just keeps on keeping on. I could watch this 100 times. hahaha

And the part where copper says he will arrest him for kidnapping?? Priceless.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
I don't understand how being hypocritical is heroic. His pursuit endangered the lives of innocent people just as much as the deputies lack of respect for the posted speed limit.

The whole situation is bad judgment in my opinion.

that never stops anyone from pursuing criminals in high speed chases now does it?

thats just life i guess, gotta deal with it

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
That was awesome! I know that what he did was reckless and stupid because of endangering other drivers, but if everyone had the spine like this guy to confront corruption, then our country wouldn't be in the toliet right now. If it were a city cop, from Chicago or LA, they would have just arrested him for doing that, especially when he was blocking the cops way. They would have busted his camera and probably tasered him. But I still give him props for doing that!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The idiot who filmed this should be arrested and charged with dangerous driving and threatening behavior. What a moron. Yeah, cop blows past him doing 90 without lights/sirens, but who knows what is going on? Is the driver in complete possession of the facts? No. Then, like the complete hypocritical fool that he is, he speeds up to match the cops speed while holding a video camera! And while I'm sure this guy thinks he's the best driver in the world, I'd bet my house on the fact he has no training in high-speed driving, yet alone high speed driving with one hand.

Yes, yes, turns out the cop wasn't on his way to an emergency, I know....but that's NOT how you should handle the situation. Putting other people's lives in danger and showing no respect for the law - just because you think somebody else might be doing the same - is moronic in the extreme.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join