It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man pulls cop over for speeding!! ( Warning- Language )!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
hes lucky the cop was pretty dumb, the cop could have grabbed the camera off him and destroyed the tape and arrested him for speeding and it would be the cops word against his.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I know for a solid resounding fact that some officers think they are above the law, (not all mind you just some) as i have a few friends that are police officers and i remember one of them telling me a funny story about pulling a drunk driver over and he then proceeded to pull out his official warrant card (the arrestee that is) gas-bagging on about how he was a superintendant or some such and my friend was like "so what? you broke the law, your under arrest, you have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used as evidence......" and you can gather the rest, always makes me smile when i see people like that get their just desserts, its all about karma!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
wow, who chases a cop down and talk sh*t and doesn't get arrested. the one thing i've learned over the years working with police in the past is you just don't talk crap to a police officer. you never win.

that guy must have been really, really bored. telling the officer to arrest him? that man obviously had no date that night.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thugs in uniforms---

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
most cops in States are of nazi breed ; they either bad guys in black or plain hybrids

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris
reply to post by Choronzon

You can easily reverse the roles in this situation. If the videographer was the one speeding over 90 MPH, the police officer's pursuit of him is just as dangerous as disregarding the posted speed limit. Except for the fact that the police officer gets paid to give chase.

It would have been more effective if the chaser flashed his lights, as he had no siren (or so we believe).

I do agree with you however on the bad judgement of both drivers.

And except for the fact that a squad car has lights and sirens to warn on coming traffic of their pursuit. Someone jaywalking at that light he passes at 95 mph would have died due to his actions, whereas they wouldn't have crossed if a cop was driving b/c they would have heard and probably seen the cop before they jaywalked. This guy seems like he has anger problems, and while it is BS the way many cops act, it doesn't give a citizen the right to act in that same manner. Two wrongs don't make a right

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Gotta give him the big balls of the year award...We have to police the police, they are to serve and protect, not to break the very laws they enforce, unless in an emegancy....

Wonder what the BS line would have been if he hit someone, or wasted the property of the people....

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I got tired of readign and skipped a lot of the BS here, so if im repeating what some1 said, im sry.

point 1.
Ya YA, no one should speed, but cops are on the job for somewhere around 20 years, for a career, and you need to keep your skills in high speed driving at a decent level, so you can do it safely

point 2.
Every1 claims they hate cops, and that we need to be watched, and bla bla bla. If you want to know why we are assholes most of teh time, just think about it. All day everyday we deal with the # bags of society, and have to deal with everyones problems, so when our superiors tell us to go sit in a car in the middle of summer, and run traffic, what mood do you think we are in. And then while doing nothing but our job we have to take # for doing it.

And god forbid we speed to get to a call, we could hurt some1. And god forbid we go to slow because hey, we shoulda just sped up an got there faster, because some1 coulda gotten hurt while we were taking our time.

point 3.
If you hate cops so much, next time your in trouble, call a crackhead. As much as you don't like us, if we decided to take a day off, all of us, all of your towns would go to hell. In just one day.

point 4.
Ya, we spend some time at donut shops, and quick marts, and places like those, but when you don't have a lunch hour, you have to go where you can be in and out, and you need to eat when you can. We dont have time to sit and wait for a food order most of the time. What you see on teh news is probably 1%-5% (at most) of the 911 calls we get,

thanks for your time.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
sry double post

[edit on 3-6-2009 by voudew]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by voudew

So, your saying b/c you are put in a bad situation, which is your job that you signed up for, you have the right to be an ahole? I don't care if its 100 degrees and humid, you knew, or should have known, that this was a part of your job requirement and you would be, from time to time, performing such tasks. Not all cops are pr*cks, just the ones who think they have a right to be. Responding to a call and speeding is one thing, speeding, and excessive speeding that is in this video, is a completely different thing. I understand that the nature of the job is tough, but many cops just believe that the badge and the uniform gives them a right to be above the law. So please, spare me the whinning about how hard your job is, and how you are entitled to act like a pr*ck.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Im just pointing out what most people miss, i hate being put into the same catagory as the cops that are corrupt and pricks, beacause i speed.

Sometimes we cops have some fun, and not one person can tell me that if they were a cop they wouldn't speed sometimes, or expect to get out of tickets.

I'm not complaining, i know that most would say its "unfair". But every job has perks, some better than others. Cops get some leeway because of the # we deal with day in and day out. And the downsides of our job is a lot worse than most to.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
And if so many people think that cops are bad and that "the watchers should be watched" then please, i invite you, join the force, become the boss, and watch what i do. Do what i do, and you will understand why cops speed and bend the rules, why they are paranoid, why they stare at you and watch everymove you make, and why after catching bad guys for so many years, some slip (not all, some) and go bad.

And after a few years i am positive, that you will want to rip your eyes out, just like we do, for having seen what we have.

I know we do the right thing. I know we help people.

its, your modern everyday Joe, who has no idea what the world of law enforcement is like, makes rediculous complaints against LEOs and their Agencies, who make the job almost impossible to do sometimes. Then when they need something done, they want to know why its not like Law and Order or CSI. where # gets done in an hour.

My point is go on, keep complaining, and cops will have to do no more than 10 MPH over the limit to get to your "emergency" when you call. Just like when someone assaults you, and you wanna know why we can't just go pick him up on your word. Or why we need a warrent when you know who it was that stole things from your house. Someday you will have your wish and cops won't be able to do anything, and the crap will hit the fan, and then guess what happens with civil unrest when cops can't do anything about.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
Just a quick pointer.

When I was a cop, we had four codes:

Code 1 - Get there as quick as you can without lights and sirens
--Used for minor disturbances, no threat of life or limb

Code 2 - Get there as quick as you can, lights and/or siren optional
--used mostly for simple assaults or break ins

Code 3 - Get there ASAP, lights and sirens mandatory, pedal to the metal
--Only used when life or limb is threatened

Code 4 - Get there when you can
--normal everyday run of the mill calls

Most of the time you see cops turn on the lights and/or sirens to run red lights, they will be going somewhere Code 2.

It is very rare for cops to use them just to run lights. You would be surprised at the amount of people that call and complain about this . . . even if you are running code 3 and run the light, someone will complain that you were just doing it to get doughnuts, or lunch, or whatever.

Most people have no idea.

Just helping you to DENY IGNORANCE!

I must disagree with those codes. It makes no sense to use such accelerated speed in traffic, law enforcement or not. If the police do not use their lights, how are civilians supposed to be alerted to their approach, so they can move aside and make way?

Here in St. Louis, there were 2 women not long ago, who were killed by a cop going over 100mph on a highway! He killed them! Innocent people. No excuse for the speeding. No lights, lost lives!

Although I commend the intentions of this young man in the video, I have to say he too could have lost his life, or caused others around to lose theirs, as well as the cop. 2 wrongs do not make a right all the time.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

You call the police department and report it, I have seen many rookies get write ups(unpaid overtime
). Most of the time they are running what my department calls code C, similar to what the quote below says.

Originally posted by xxpigxx
Just a quick pointer.

When I was a cop, we had four codes:

Code 1 - Get there as quick as you can without lights and sirens
--Used for minor disturbances, no threat of life or limb

Code 2 - Get there as quick as you can, lights and/or siren optional
--used mostly for simple assaults or break ins

Code 3 - Get there ASAP, lights and sirens mandatory, pedal to the metal
--Only used when life or limb is threatened

Code 4 - Get there when you can
--normal everyday run of the mill calls

Most of the time you see cops turn on the lights and/or sirens to run red lights, they will be going somewhere Code 2.

Our department uses the A, B, C, D codes.

Originally posted by voudew
point 2.
Every1 claims they hate cops, and that we need to be watched, and bla bla bla. If you want to know why we are assholes most of teh time, just think about it. All day everyday we deal with the # bags of society, and have to deal with everyones problems, so when our superiors tell us to go sit in a car in the middle of summer, and run traffic, what mood do you think we are in. And then while doing nothing but our job we have to take # for doing it.

And god forbid we speed to get to a call, we could hurt some1. And god forbid we go to slow because hey, we shoulda just sped up an got there faster, because some1 coulda gotten hurt while we were taking our time.

point 3.
If you hate cops so much, next time your in trouble, call a crackhead. As much as you don't like us, if we decided to take a day off, all of us, all of your towns would go to hell. In just one day.

point 4.
Ya, we spend some time at donut shops, and quick marts, and places like those, but when you don't have a lunch hour, you have to go where you can be in and out, and you need to eat when you can. We dont have time to sit and wait for a food order most of the time. What you see on teh news is probably 1%-5% (at most) of the 911 calls we get,

Regarding Point 2 I had a Crackhead throw up on me today after I chased him down the street on foot for 3/4 of a mile.....

Regarding Point 3 I heard the Surenos in my town have been collecting "protection money" if people want to try them...and I am all for the one day strike idea.

Regarding Point 4 We camp out at IHOP here, thank god for the nevering coffe pot at 3am

Secure

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
I don't understand how being hypocritical is heroic. His pursuit endangered the lives of innocent people just as much as the deputies lack of respect for the posted speed limit.

The whole situation is bad judgment in my opinion.

Endangered the lives of people?

A certain speed does not necessarily endanger lives but the skill a driver lacks.

I could be going 10 MPH and still kill someone.

Anyways, hypocritical is a part of our world and does not negate a persons point of interest. This just shows the deputy is above the law in which everyone already knows.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
heres an other one

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Someone mentioned earlier about starting a group to document the cops speeding, using cell phones while driving, etc. Well the small town I live in (3000 locals - 127,345 tourists) has recently had a regime change, and crime is up 135% - we now have more murders, suicides, and arson than we ever did before. People here are sick of it and have started a FB page (with close to 200 members in 3 days or so) to share stories and document this crap.

Governments should fear their people.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Finalized
As a concerned citizen, what are you suppose to do if you catch a police officer breaking the law? While I agree that him chasing down the cop endangered lives, I would like to hear what an alternative might have been to this situation?

Hey buddy, you obviously don't know cops as some of us do. The Sheriff is an elected official, and the Deputy works for the Sheriff. The Deputy is sworn to uphold and support the law, and to discharge his duties as a police officer. He is a man, not a god, and he puts his pants on just like you do. If you observe a cop committing in a crime, you should, as a responsible citizen, do something. The kid in the video was well within his rights to do what he did, and the Deputy knew he was in the wrong too. I have never done anything like he did, but I have taxed the police a few times, and not only put them in their place, but also cost them money and days off, and then having to purchase a surety bond.

For those who do not know, here are the things a cop has to have in order to perform as a police officer:
Uniform, pants, shirt, hat, belt.
Badge with number clearly marked.
Business card with officers name, phone number, badge number, and post.
$250,000 surety bond, officer must, on demand, produce name and phone number of bonding agent.
If in a radio car, or in possession of a transmitter/receiver radio, an up to date F.C.C. license must be posted in clear view in the office/police post.
(my daughter beat a speeding ticket because the F.C.C license was expired)
If the officer lacks any one thing here, he/she is no a legal police officer.
Police officers are not, under any circumstance other than being ordered by a superior, break any law, or, they can be arrested charged.
Most police have no real authority under then Constitution, for instance, local police are not real, legal police, they work for a corporation, the city, and answer to the Police Chief, and the Mayor, who head up the corporation. Local police are Policy Enforcers. And there are only two kinds of cops, Policy Enforcer, or Peace Officer. Ask which of these are you when approached by a cop, most will quickly decide to be Peace Officers.

Remember this: Every police officer has a boss. There is, in each county and in many towns, a Civilian Review Board. File a formal, written complaint, it must be addressed. If you make a formal complaint about a police officer, a copy of the complaint goes into his file. Three such complaints in the file, he's gone. No bond? He's gone.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Finalized
As a concerned citizen, what are you suppose to do if you catch a police officer breaking the law? While I agree that him chasing down the cop endangered lives, I would like to hear what an alternative might have been to this situation?

Hey buddy, you obviously don't know cops as some of us do. The Sheriff is an elected official, and the Deputy works for the Sheriff. The Deputy is sworn to uphold and support the law, and to discharge his duties as a police officer. He is a man, not a god, and he puts his pants on just like you do. If you observe a cop committing in a crime, you should, as a responsible citizen, do something. The kid in the video was well within his rights to do what he did, and the Deputy knew he was in the wrong too. I have never done anything like he did, but I have taxed the police a few times, and not only put them in their place, but also cost them money and days off, and then having to purchase a surety bond.

For those who do not know, here are the things a cop has to have in order to perform as a police officer:
Uniform, pants, shirt, hat, belt.
Badge with number clearly marked.
Business card with officers name, phone number, badge number, and post.
$250,000 surety bond, officer must, on demand, produce name and phone number of bonding agent.
If in a radio car, or in possession of a transmitter/receiver radio, an up to date F.C.C. license must be posted in clear view in the office/police post.
(my daughter beat a speeding ticket because the F.C.C license was expired)
If the officer lacks any one thing here, he/she is no a legal police officer.
Police officers are not, under any circumstance other than being ordered by a superior, break any law, or, they can be arrested charged.
Most police have no real authority under then Constitution, for instance, local police are not real, legal police, they work for a corporation, the city, and answer to the Police Chief, and the Mayor, who head up the corporation. Local police are Policy Enforcers. And there are only two kinds of cops, Policy Enforcer, or Peace Officer. Ask which of these are you when approached by a cop, most will quickly decide to be Peace Officers.

Remember this: Every police officer has a boss. There is, in each county and in many towns, a Civilian Review Board. File a formal, written complaint, it must be addressed. If you make a formal complaint about a police officer, a copy of the complaint goes into his file. Three such complaints in the file, he's gone. No bond? He's gone.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join