It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Breastplate of Aaron: Where and What Is It?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Hi enquiring ones....the bible has many interesting devices that many of us have pondered on, trying to forge some-type of scientific explaination of their functions and working mechanisms etc.
No doubt, most ATSers are familiar with the Ark of the Covenant!? I'd like to discuss another implement that was used during ritual by the ancient Hebrews.
Arguably, the most important tool of distinction (other than the Ark); was the Breastplate of Aaron the Levite.
Aaron being the brother of Moses, and first High-Priest of Israel, wore the breastplate as part of his priestly raiment.
This breastplate is described in considerable detail in Exodus 28:15-30. Here it is called the "Breastplate of judgement". It is also recorded in the antiquities of Josephus (3.7.5).
The Hebrew word to describe this object is chosen (ChShN); so the name Breastplate is a little misleading. Its meaning is unknown, but has been translated into "ornament" or "breast-piece".
The breastplate consists of 3 distinct parts; 1)a linen pouch used in divination, and 2)an ephod. this Ephod is said to have been an oracular idol? or image, and 3) the breastpalte itself.
On the frontal plane of the breatplate were 4 rows of 3 columns of precious and semi-precious stones. Each stone was said to be engaved with the name of one tribe of Israel, 12 stones=12 tribes.
There is disagreement amoungst scholars as to the correct ordering of the stones; some of the stones names have chnged since biblical times, which puts doubt as to which stones were intended.

[edit on 3/6/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The purpose of these "magical" implements is to instill a connection between the wearer and the world around them. Each has its designated purpose as well as hidden agendas. They can be seen without being present and they can be present without being seen. The Ark of the covenant could generate a pillar of smoke by day and a pillar of light by night. It could also kill anyone who unwittingly touched it. The mantle of Elijah was passed down from prophet to prophet until it reached Christ, He died with it so it remained with him, along with "the way" or the portal to the Father and the Skull of Adam. If you are seriously seeking truth, download this photograph so that you can examine it in close detail.....it will help you in understanding the breastplate of Aaron.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Hi debris,
the photograph you are speaking of: is that the one in your post?
The link I have tried, and seemingly considered inappropriate by the mediators, I cannot access. Must have been fairly "controversial!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
For some reason it posts the link and the photograph also. The top photograph is a photograph of me without a shirt. The visible images are living light. They are specially selected for purpose and meaning. Some are designed to perform certain acts. I call to your attention the magical implements used by moses, aaron and the prophets. Here is another breastplate with might be linked to the breastplate of aaron. This image appeared as shown in this photograph and does not exist in this reality......at least not as we know it.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is another photograph that shows the breastplate is not just a static image. It shows the ability the shift its shape form and color.

[edit on 083131p://am3134 by debris765nju]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
[img]http://[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7a6a5e512bd.jpg[/img]I haven't came across a description for this breastplate, i seem to have amassed them all at the same time and place as i was helping some Great People move.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hoshen is only part with gems, ephod is different ritual wear , hoshen could be connected to special ephod of high priest. But ephod was used also without hoshen by different religious figures - it was religious garments.
The "paranormal" part was on hoshen itself - Urim veTumim issue. The purpose of this was to determine guilty/innocent side with help of High priest and involvement of God. However there is arguement about what this was, how it looked/was used.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Debris, pardon me....I am not trying to be rude at all, but I think that I speak for most who are reading this thread when I say that I have no clue what the hell I am looking at in those pics...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

Hey PokeyJoe, the thread is about the magical paraphenalia of God, these are photographs of that magic. When you talk about the power of God you are talking about and active living force that is capable of interacting with God's Creation. The first photograph is the Mantle of Elijah the prophet and it denoted that the one wearing it was the High Priest, the one authorized to speak for God, it also caused the Jordan river to part so Elijah and Elias could cross on dry land. The next is possibly the Breastplate of Justice, also known as the breastplate of Aaron, was worn into the presence of God as a reminder and was used in conjunction with two stones called the Urim and Thummin to decipher languages and peer through time. The Urim and Thummim were attached to the breastplate when not in use. The third picture is also the second picture, its purpose is to show that the "material" is not in a fixed position like a jewel. The last one i haven't identified yet but I am still working on it.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Intereting photos. What was the source that you have obtained them from?

Like the Ark, I would think that there were probably other Arks also. This is a subject that has previously been discussed on this forum. Are you meaming to say that there were possably other breastplates?
The one I'm am interested in is the Breastplate of Aaron; where apparently the oracle of the Ummin & Thumin, were kept in an linen pouch (hung from metal loops at either side of the breastplate itself); and were supplementary if not part of the breastplate.
Were your photos obtained via kirillian photography?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Glad you asked.........GUIDE TO THE SCRIPTURES
Seer
See also Prophet; Urim and Thummim
A person authorized of God to see with spiritual eyes things which God has hidden from the world (Moses 6: 35-38). He is a revelator and a prophet (Mosiah 8: 13-16). In the Book of Mormon, Ammon taught that only a seer could use special interpreters, or a Urim and Thummim (Mosiah 8: 13; 28: 16). A seer knows the past, present, and future. Anciently, a prophet was often called a seer (1 Sam. 9: 9; 2 Sam. 24: 11).
Joseph Smith is the great seer of the latter days (D&C 21: 1; 135: 3). In addition, the First Presidency and the Council of the Twelve are sustained as prophets, seers, and revelators.
This is a rebellious people that say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not, Isa. 30: 9-10. A choice seer will I raise up out of the fruit of thy loins, 2 Ne. 3: 6-15. Here is wisdom; yea, to be a seer, a revelator, a translator, and a prophet, D&C 107: 92. The Lord appointed Hyrum Smith to be a prophet, seer, and revelator to the Church, D&C 124: 91-94.
It all has to do with knowledge of God, not just bland read the bible and go to church religion. It is an agressive search for understanding not just of one faith, but of all faiths. In essence these people volunteer for service to God outside of religion. They are the Prophets, the Judges. They participate in the Godhood. I appreciate the Creator for continuing this creation of which I am a part. My motive is to remind people that God is real, that the bible is a partial record of events close to the source of all existence. Jesus died to redeem our souls from sin.......Jesus was dead a long, long time. During this period of time mankind has come to suppose that the Creator is gone forever. I am here to tell you that is not so. Hold fast to your faith.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I see? So what you are saying is your understanding is your interpretations of the Book Of Mormon?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Gospel of St. John Chapter 16 12 I have yet many things to asay unto you, but ye cannot bbear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the aSpirit of truth, is come, he will bguide you into all ctruth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will dshew you things to come.
14 He shall aglorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
15 All athings that the bFather hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
These are the words of Christ........The photographs are of things that were with Christ and are the property of Him. They have no physical presence......they are magic. God's magic. Please visit "my pictures" here on ATS where I have posted more photograph's dealing with this subject. debris765nju

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Ahhh, yes but you see I am talking about a physical object (that was around long before christ), and trying to discuss its functions from a scientific perspective.
The breast plate and the Ark appear in the Old Testament.
Thankyou for the dogmatic references, yet I dont think they add to my understanding of this particular relic. Please discuss the scientific (measurable properties) of the known object.
I am sure your faith is comforting for yourself; it does nothing for my understanding of this topic though.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Well, a very neat subject, but there doesn't seem to be anything really being offered about the Breastplate.

So, let's go to the PROFESSIONALs.

www.templeinstitute.org...

One of the most exciting projects ever begun by the Temple Institute is currently underway: the production of the garments for the High Priest. "And you shall make holy garments for Aaron your brother... and these are the garments which they shall make: a breastplate, and an ephod, and a robe... " (Ex. 28)

Here, is found a pictorial and discriptive account of the Ephod. As one can see later, the Temple Institute has Re-Created this.

Pictured here are the stones, set in golden settings and engraved with the names of the twelve tribes of Israel.

and

This garment is called choshen mishpat in Hebrew, which means the "breastplate of judgment" or "decision." Square-shaped and worn over the heart, it was called so because of the unique role which it played in helping to render fateful decisions.

and

The two "Remembrance Stones" that go on the shoulders of the ephod of the High Priest. The Bible calls these two stones "remembrance stones:"

"And you shall place the two stones on the two shoulders of the ephod as remembrance stones for the Children of Israel. And Aaron shall carry their names before G-d on his two shoulders as a remembrance." (Ex. 28:12)

and to ensure we do not think of this as a Metal Item as breastplate implies

The Bible instructs that each thread used in the High Priest's breastplate and ephod must be 28 ply: each thread is made from 6 threads each of TECHELET (sky-blue), of ARGAMAN (purple), of TOLA'AT SHANI (crimson) and of white twisted linen, and 4 threads of PURE GOLD.

One can follow links to see the garment completed or click here

www.templeinstitute.org...

There is actually quite a bit of information found within the Temple's Site, and a great many of the Items needed to Restore the Sacrafice have been prepared and readied.

Hope those interested enjoy the Links

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Shane

now that where back on track........thanks Shane

That looks like some interesting reading you have provided links for, cheers, I'll have time to pour over it later and let you know what I think!

My interest for the OP, is that throughout the old testament there are a few bizarre "gadgets" that are eluded to.
The Ark is an old fave of many (including me), that gets a lot of attention.
Never have I heard in discussion though,of the significance of the breastplate, and wether it has any connection to the supposed functions of the Ark itself. Never have I heard any mention of the whereabouts of this item either.
I'll have to check the Copper scroll to see if there is any mention there; but other than that I can only guess that it is in a safety deposit box of an antiquities collector
Any Ideas?????

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
As I understand it, the breastplate is linked to the priesthood and not to the Ark. The Ark was under the care of the priesthood and only the priests could touch it.

This was a mystical garment for the High Priest... uhmm... think of it as an item of clothing in the same category as the Pope's robes. It was only worn by the religious leader, it symbolically connected the people to him (the 12 tribes) and he then was an intermediary with the deity.

This is the best reference I can find you at the moment... I haven't vetted the scholarship, but at least the first part of it looks on the target.
byustudies.byu.edu...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It doesn't appear, by the way, to be a specific object to be kept forever but like the rest of the priest's garments remade as needed.

Priests had to cleanse themselves before entering the Holy of Holies. Worn, torn, stained, smelly garments (no matter how artfully made) just aren't going to pass muster with the deity.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Hi Byrd.
Although the ephod may have been replacable, I dont think this is in the same realm of importance as the breastplate.
The Ephod apparently was equipt with 12 onyx stones (6 on each side); bearing the sigils representing the 12 tribes. Maybe the epaulettes were detactable, when new garb was needed?
The thing of most interest to me, is the elctromechanical workings of the breastplate and associated apparatus, such as the Ark.
Unlike the priestly garb (which may have been replaced every so often); I would beg to differ if the breastplate where the same.
Inlaid with 12 precious and semi-precious stones, on a golden foundation; would suggest an ancient peizoelectric device. there unfortunately is debate over the placement position of the stones and also the actual stones ( the names have changed over time).
Remember the Baghdad battery? Cumbersome, yet effective! I see this type of technology in the same realm. Urim & Thummim; what the hell were they? we've heard of the dogmatic slant, but I'd like to discuss the known scientific whyfores!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
Although the ephod may have been replacable, I dont think this is in the same realm of importance as the breastplate.

It isn't a metal plate. It's a thick cloth garment. Remember, this is from the era when protective armor was of cloth or leather.

The Ephod apparently was equipt with 12 onyx stones (6 on each side); bearing the sigils representing the 12 tribes. Maybe the epaulettes were detactable, when new garb was needed?

All the stones were detachable.

The thing of most interest to me, is the elctromechanical workings of the breastplate and associated apparatus, such as the Ark.

Wool and linen are poor conductors, and tend to burst into flame -- gold wire thin enough to be woven melts pretty quickly. Seriously.

Inlaid with 12 precious and semi-precious stones, on a golden foundation; would suggest an ancient peizoelectric device. there... Urim & Thummim; what the hell were they? we've heard of the dogmatic slant, but I'd like to discuss the known scientific whyfores!!!

Scientifically, it misses the mark as a piezoelectric device. There's several things it's missing:

* not all of the crystals are capable of piezoelectricity. en.wikipedia.org...
* there's no real path for it (meaning it's more of a short circuit, if you actually ran electricity through it)
* impurities limit its ability to transmit electricity.: www.scientificamerican.com...
* gold is hot and heavy to wear.
* it's going to melt shortly after you apply something as minimal as 10 volts to it.

In order to make a circuit to do work (and not short out things and start fires) you need a power source, a path for it to go (not "just anywhere") and something for it to work on.

So if you were pretending that a priest was wearing something to get the Ark started, the priest would have to wear something like a very powerful battery pack with wires and terminals coming out of the sleeve (and hopefully very thickly padded gloves.) He could then attach the positive and negative terminals to the cherubs on the Ark, and IF it didn't scorch the wood into ash, OR give him a heart-stopping jolt of electricity... and IF you placed a lightbulb on the Ark, you might get it to light a lightbulb.

The Ark is of wood and is a lousy conductor. You might get a spark between the cherubs (if their wings are close) if you used 220 volt electricity from your house.... but only if the priest had insulated wires running in his garment.

And not everywhere. Just one thick wire.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join